HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): 2012 Regular Season (Utter-Lee Hopeless Part 2)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-03-2012, 11:55 AM
  #776
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
Not in CF though. he should not be playing the OF at all.


Neither one of those balls were scored errors.
Wasn't Dom Brown supposed to be playing CF?

Protest is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 12:42 PM
  #777
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
If Martinez needs to play in the infield a day or two a week, whatever. But why put him in CF? His arm might be worse than Pierre's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
Not in CF though. he should not be playing the OF at all.


Neither one of those balls were scored errors.
I missed last night's game, but from what I remember in the past Mini Mart was able to play CF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Wasn't Dom Brown supposed to be playing CF?
In the minors. Yes.

Heard he's going to be sticking to the corners in the majors, I forget when it was but I believe it was RAJ.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/SnS-Sig.gif

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 02:40 PM
  #778
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
I missed last night's game, but from what I remember in the past Mini Mart was able to play CF.



In the minors. Yes.

Heard he's going to be sticking to the corners in the majors, I forget when it was but I believe it was RAJ.
Oh I thought I heard he was going to be playing CF because he saw the ball better from there

Protest is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 04:26 PM
  #779
xkj1985x
Registered User
 
xkj1985x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 34
vCash: 500
Seems like something might be going on

KevinCooney: Trying to take a head count to see if anyone had been called back after Chuck's sudden call back into the clubhouse/office area

KevinCooney: For those people wondering: Cliff Lee is here and warming up in outfield. So I don't think it is that

KevinCooney: Nix is back out in dugout

PatGallen_975: Charlie was just pulled into a meeting during media time and no lineup out. Something coming?

edit: KevinCooney: One person not seen: Blanton

xkj1985x is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 04:32 PM
  #780
xkj1985x
Registered User
 
xkj1985x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 34
vCash: 500
JeffSkversky: Joe Blanton was claimed off waivers and traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers for a player to be named later or cash considerations.

xkj1985x is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 04:47 PM
  #781
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkj1985x View Post
JeffSkversky: Joe Blanton was claimed off waivers and traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
So they got nothing...

Protest is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 04:48 PM
  #782
xkj1985x
Registered User
 
xkj1985x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 34
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
So they got nothing...
salary relief. Fine by me.

I mean, what did you expect for Joe Blanton?

xkj1985x is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 04:54 PM
  #783
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,085
vCash: 500
DOdgers are going all in

Krishna is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 05:12 PM
  #784
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,722
vCash: 500
Somebody claimed Lee, can't see them dropping him for nothing but definitely interesting considering RAJ said that he was never on the market.

McNasty is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 05:15 PM
  #785
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Somebody claimed Lee, can't see them dropping him for nothing but definitely interesting considering RAJ said that he was never on the market.
Per Eskin


Phils P cliff Lee pulled off waivers per CBS sports. What that means a team claimed Lee and phils could not work out deal and pulled him off

Krishna is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 05:17 PM
  #786
Justified
Moderator
Amaro out
 
Justified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 30,593
vCash: 500
Obviously I didnt think he would get traded now, I just would like to know what team claimed him? It could have just been a team blocking him from another with no intention of taking that salary.

Justified is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 06:01 PM
  #787
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkj1985x View Post
salary relief. Fine by me.

I mean, what did you expect for Joe Blanton?
The cardinals gave up one of their better prospects for a relief pitcher with similar rate stats to Blanton. I don't see the point of just letting him go to save money for 2 months. Wouldn't there have been some form of draft pick compensation if he walked at the end of the year?

Protest is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 07:19 PM
  #788
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,372
vCash: 500
The Dodgers claimed Lee. This is just standard. I think most players are put on waivers behind the scenes just for Ss and Gs. There is no consequence. It's funny seeing people on Twitter explode about it.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 08:04 PM
  #789
Justified
Moderator
Amaro out
 
Justified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 30,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
The Dodgers claimed Lee. This is just standard. I think most players are put on waivers behind the scenes just for Ss and Gs. There is no consequence. It's funny seeing people on Twitter explode about it.
Im pretty sure they could just give him away without a trade and the Dodgers have to take on all his salary. Then he his 21 team veto list doesnt come in play I believe.

Justified is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 08:07 PM
  #790
xkj1985x
Registered User
 
xkj1985x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 34
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
The cardinals gave up one of their better prospects for a relief pitcher with similar rate stats to Blanton. I don't see the point of just letting him go to save money for 2 months. Wouldn't there have been some form of draft pick compensation if he walked at the end of the year?
Well the ONLY team that showed interest in Blanton before the deadline was Baltimore and the Phillies were asking for top level prospects (or so it was reported) and Baltimore laughed at them.

I mean they got a PTBNL in this deal which will amount to nothing, probably but I don't know. Maybe they want to bring Tyler Cloyd up for the last few months of the season to see what he has in preparation for next season? Getting rid of Joe certainly makes that a possibility.

xkj1985x is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 10:08 PM
  #791
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkj1985x View Post
Well the ONLY team that showed interest in Blanton before the deadline was Baltimore and the Phillies were asking for top level prospects (or so it was reported) and Baltimore laughed at them.

I mean they got a PTBNL in this deal which will amount to nothing, probably but I don't know. Maybe they want to bring Tyler Cloyd up for the last few months of the season to see what he has in preparation for next season? Getting rid of Joe certainly makes that a possibility.
I heard they wanted Schoop which would have been ridiculous.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
08-04-2012, 08:11 AM
  #792
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,843
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I don't understand this whole Lee thing. RAJ says there is no way they are trading him...then why put him on trade waivers? Is there something else that trade waivers does that I am unaware of, or is it just to trade/release the guy? They obviously aren't going to release or give him away (I would think), so to me it seems the only reason to put him on waivers is to trade him unless there is some other advantage to this process.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
08-04-2012, 09:50 AM
  #793
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I don't understand this whole Lee thing. RAJ says there is no way they are trading him...then why put him on trade waivers? Is there something else that trade waivers does that I am unaware of, or is it just to trade/release the guy? They obviously aren't going to release or give him away (I would think), so to me it seems the only reason to put him on waivers is to trade him unless there is some other advantage to this process.
It's about keeping your options open.

Also, I'm so happy to see big Joe get the hell out of town.

JVR21 is offline  
Old
08-04-2012, 10:09 AM
  #794
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,843
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
It's about keeping your options open.

Also, I'm so happy to see big Joe get the hell out of town.
I understand that it's about keeping your options open, but saying you have no intention of trading him doesn't seem to jive with placing him on waivers even if it is just to keep options open. If you don't want to trade a guy, having options is irrelevant.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
08-04-2012, 10:35 AM
  #795
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I don't understand this whole Lee thing. RAJ says there is no way they are trading him...then why put him on trade waivers? Is there something else that trade waivers does that I am unaware of, or is it just to trade/release the guy? They obviously aren't going to release or give him away (I would think), so to me it seems the only reason to put him on waivers is to trade him unless there is some other advantage to this process.
Teams sometimes stick players on waivers to gauge interest in a player. The media were making it to sound like his contract is awful and no one would pay the remainder of the deal, but now we know that isn't true. It could mean they are thinking of moving him in the offseason.

Haute Couturier is offline  
Old
08-04-2012, 11:31 AM
  #796
Justified
Moderator
Amaro out
 
Justified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 30,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Couturier View Post
Teams sometimes stick players on waivers to gauge interest in a player. The media were making it to sound like his contract is awful and no one would pay the remainder of the deal, but now we know that isn't true. It could mean they are thinking of moving him in the offseason.
His contract is pretty bad a at least 3 more years at almost 90 million. The Dodgers are willing to take on his entire contract, Im not sure how many others teams will. If the Phillies trade him the offseason, they will probably have to take on some of the money to get prospects back. At this point I think I would just him away for nothing, which the basically did the first time they traded him to Seattle.

Justified is offline  
Old
08-04-2012, 01:04 PM
  #797
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,280
vCash: 500
I heard they wanted Ryan Adams for Blanton originally, but that was countered from Baltimore to only do that if we ate the remaining of his contract.

Also, I don't see Cloyd coming up, even though I've been saying it since we had injuries earlier. Kendrick is up and will be starting it looks like, with Rosenberg replacing Kendrick in the pen.

Also:

Quote:
@ToddZolecki
Carlos Ruiz on DL (plantar fasciitis in left foot). MRI revealed partial tear. Expected to miss 4-6 weeks. Hector Luna recalled.

SnS is offline  
Old
08-04-2012, 01:07 PM
  #798
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,623
vCash: 500
At least Kratz hasn't been bad for us.

SolidSnakeUS is offline  
Old
08-04-2012, 02:32 PM
  #799
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
I heard they wanted Ryan Adams for Blanton originally, but that was countered from Baltimore to only do that if we ate the remaining of his contract.

Also, I don't see Cloyd coming up, even though I've been saying it since we had injuries earlier. Kendrick is up and will be starting it looks like, with Rosenberg replacing Kendrick in the pen.

Also:
Cloyd will be up at some point. Charlie hinted at it when asked last night.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
08-04-2012, 02:35 PM
  #800
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,623
vCash: 500
Would be fun to see a rookie pitcher go at it.

SolidSnakeUS is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.