HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v20: off-season '12| In: Lowry, Fields, Valanciunas, Ross...Out: J Johnson, Bayless

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-05-2012, 07:02 PM
  #276
91Kadri91
Registered User
 
91Kadri91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal007 View Post
Lmao for a second there, I thought the Lakers would go god mode.

Still:

Nash
Kobe
X
Gasol
Dwight

Would be pure insanity .
Heck, Nash, Kobe, Gasol and Bynum (assuming he can stay healthy) is still pretty insane.

91Kadri91 is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 07:03 PM
  #277
91Kadri91
Registered User
 
91Kadri91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai Schenn View Post
fake extra o
I hate twitter.

91Kadri91 is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 07:04 PM
  #278
Edgeworth*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,847
vCash: 500
Huge turning point for the raptors imo. Awesome to see Lowry.

What's going to happen at SF? It seems like we're set for this season outside of getting rid of Calderon.

Edgeworth* is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 07:50 PM
  #279
Schennanigans
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Schennanigans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Etobicoke, on
Posts: 6,021
vCash: 500
Finally some good news on the Raptors front. Not a lot to feel good about these days.

Schennanigans is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 08:06 PM
  #280
67Cup
Registered User
 
67Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,136
vCash: 500
I scouted back a few pages but could not see details about the trade. So here's my question: is the first round pick lottery protected? I would expect not since, if I am Houston, I don't do the deal for a later pick, but a person can always hope.

I see there are queries about DeRozan. I doubt his value in trade talks would be much higher than it is now. If a decent offer emerges, I think he should be dealt. He is a spectacular leaper but a weak outside shooter and lacks the lateral mobility to become a really good defensive player.

67Cup is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 08:12 PM
  #281
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Cup View Post
I scouted back a few pages but could not see details about the trade. So here's my question: is the first round pick lottery protected? I would expect not since, if I am Houston, I don't do the deal for a later pick, but a person can always hope.

I see there are queries about DeRozan. I doubt his value in trade talks would be much higher than it is now. If a decent offer emerges, I think he should be dealt. He is a spectacular leaper but a weak outside shooter and lacks the lateral mobility to become a really good defensive player.
the last rumblings about the pick is that it is protected:

for 2013 it's protected 1-3 and 15-30
2014: 1-2, 15-30
2015: 1-2, 15-30
2016: 1, 15-30
2017: 1, 15-30

and if it ends up protected everin one of those 5 years, Houston doesn't get the pick at all.

no idea if that's confirmed as the real case though.

as for DeRozan, the chatter is based off some random twitter account from Philly who says he has "sources" telling him that the Raptors will trade Calderon/DeRozan/Davis to Philly for Andre Igoudala and C Nikola Vucevic. That rumor is not being discussed anywhere else though, so it's probably completely fake.

__________________

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 23 GP, 9-10-4 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is online now  
Old
07-05-2012, 08:17 PM
  #282
Dr.Funk
Registered User
 
Dr.Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Willypeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
the last rumblings about the pick is that it is protected:

for 2013 it's protected 1-3 and 15-30
2014: 1-2, 15-30
2015: 1-2, 15-30
2016: 1, 15-30
2017: 1, 15-30

and if it ends up protected everin one of those 5 years, Houston doesn't get the pick at all.

no idea if that's confirmed as the real case though.

as for DeRozan, the chatter is based off some random twitter account from Philly who says he has "sources" telling him that the Raptors will trade Calderon/DeRozan/Davis to Philly for Andre Igoudala and C Nikola Vucevic. That rumor is not being discussed anywhere else though, so it's probably completely fake.

I don't think that would be the case. I believe that if that happend in the last year of protection the following year Houston would get the pick no matter where it is.


I'm not a big fan of Lowry and I wish the pick had more protection for the first two season but I can live with the trade.

Dr.Funk is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 08:30 PM
  #283
Swervin81
Kadri ❤ Komarov
 
Swervin81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
Well, there you have it.

The Lakers are going to be godly.
Scalabrine's still in Chicago.

Swervin81 is online now  
Old
07-05-2012, 08:46 PM
  #284
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,416
vCash: 500
A little more legit than the last tweet:

Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion

Trade Rumor: After trading for Kyle Lowry today, Raptors are in pursuit of 76ers' Andre Iguodala. Willing to trade Calderon & DeMar DeRozan.


Over 10,000 followers, and they have been featured on ESPN and Sports Illustrated sites.

__________________
Interested in checking out 50+ years worth of covers from "The Hockey News?" Check out my collection here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1382901
Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 08:48 PM
  #285
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
A little more legit than the last tweet:

Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion

Trade Rumor: After trading for Kyle Lowry today, Raptors are in pursuit of 76ers' Andre Iguodala. Willing to trade Calderon & DeMar DeRozan.


Over 10,000 followers, and they have been featured on ESPN and Sports Illustrated sites.
but not Ed Davis. He bought himself a reprieve from trade rumors with his "Best city in the world" tweet to Lowry

The Nemesis is online now  
Old
07-05-2012, 08:56 PM
  #286
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs
 
Brewsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: King County
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,101
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
OK so I haven't been following basketball at all since the late 90s early 2000s.

Lowry, how good is this kid, I know he's young, what is he projected to be, compare him to the Leafs getting a guy, who would it be (yea yea everything I relate back to hockey, it's the only way I'll know).

Iguodala, is he really worth Calderon (sure he's a dump) but ALSO DD? I've seen some good progression from DD, don't know how much of an upgrade AI would be.

Brewsky is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 09:35 PM
  #287
Hyperglide
Registered User
 
Hyperglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
A little more legit than the last tweet:

Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion

Trade Rumor: After trading for Kyle Lowry today, Raptors are in pursuit of 76ers' Andre Iguodala. Willing to trade Calderon & DeMar DeRozan.


Over 10,000 followers, and they have been featured on ESPN and Sports Illustrated sites.
Omg if we got Lowry and Iggy for only DeRozan, Forbes, Calderon and a 1st this summer, I'd cream my pants. Colangelo would be vindicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
OK so I haven't been following basketball at all since the late 90s early 2000s.

Lowry, how good is this kid, I know he's young, what is he projected to be, compare him to the Leafs getting a guy, who would it be (yea yea everything I relate back to hockey, it's the only way I'll know).

Iguodala, is he really worth Calderon (sure he's a dump) but ALSO DD? I've seen some good progression from DD, don't know how much of an upgrade AI would be.
I don't see DD ever being more then a potential fringe allstar. He's still way to inconsistent and hasn't improved his handles at all. And he's still a horrible defender.

Hyperglide is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 09:41 PM
  #288
brian7
Registered User
 
brian7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Toronto, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 89
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
but not Ed Davis. He bought himself a reprieve from trade rumors with his "Best city in the world" tweet to Lowry
Just posted a new tweet with Davis back in the deal.

brian7 is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 09:45 PM
  #289
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 17,646
vCash: 0
Don't trade DeRozan!

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 10:06 PM
  #290
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian7 View Post
Just posted a new tweet with Davis back in the deal.
that's a lot to give up considering Iggy is on a contract with 1 more guaranteed year and an ETO for 13-14.

The Nemesis is online now  
Old
07-05-2012, 10:08 PM
  #291
Hyperglide
Registered User
 
Hyperglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,261
vCash: 500
No way I'd give up Davis AND DD for Iggy. That's way to much talent given up. They get 1 of them but not both.

Hyperglide is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 10:11 PM
  #292
binop7
Registered User
 
binop7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
Don't trade DeRozan!
He's a mediocre player. He can improve a lot, but if his shot isn't falling his game is done, aside from that spin move. He plays like he's Kobe with about 1/10th of the skill.

binop7 is online now  
Old
07-05-2012, 10:17 PM
  #293
Hemskyfanboy83
Registered User
 
Hemskyfanboy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,555
vCash: 500
Love this trade.

Really excited to see how good we are going to be defensively with Lowry in Casey's system.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 10:19 PM
  #294
Porn*
Registered User
 
Porn*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In your nightmares
Country: Israel
Posts: 34,155
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Porn*
derozan can develop into an allstar SF. he needs to cut and slash much more. play for the foul. he could, but seems to avoid it and settles for outside jumpers.

as for the trade, i dont know much about the guys we got all I know is that Irvie was 1st OV or something like that. top 3. doesn't seem like we gave up very much.

Porn* is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 10:21 PM
  #295
binop7
Registered User
 
binop7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porn* View Post
derozan can develop into an allstar SF. he needs to cut and slash much more. play for the foul. he could, but seems to avoid it and settles for outside jumpers.

as for the trade, i dont know much about the guys we got all I know is that Irvie was 1st OV or something like that. top 3. doesn't seem like we gave up very much.
Absolutely, he needs to be more aggressive. I'll admit his 3 point game is getting better, but his mid range game isn't there, so guys aren't scared to give up the shot.

binop7 is online now  
Old
07-05-2012, 10:21 PM
  #296
thatshype
Registered User
 
thatshype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,700
vCash: 500
I know this is off-topic but do we really need to use initials to describe players and personnel? Is it really that much harder to write Derozan or Demar instead of DD? I hate having to stop and think about the context of the sentence to understand what the initials stand for. Does BC mean Brian Colangelo or British Columbia? Does AA mean Alex Anthopolous or the minor league farm team? Does DD mean Derozan or the bra size?

I mean, at a certain point the few seconds it would take to write out the larger name would start to save the reader a lot of time trying to understand the context. BC trades for KL and now DD for AI from Philly. Is it much more work to just say we got Lowry so now Iggy is a good trade? Besides, there is only one AI. Iverson. AI was a well established nickname for Iverson...Iguodala is known as Iggy.


Again, I know this is off-topic but it REALLY bugs me when people refer to GMs by initials. BB, AA, BC. Seeing those initials does not immediately get me thinking Burke, Anthopolous, and Colangelo.

thatshype is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 10:22 PM
  #297
Swervin81
Kadri ❤ Komarov
 
Swervin81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porn* View Post
derozan can develop into an allstar SF. he needs to cut and slash much more. play for the foul. he could, but seems to avoid it and settles for outside jumpers.

as for the trade, i dont know much about the guys we got all I know is that Irvie was 1st OV or something like that. top 3. doesn't seem like we gave up very much.
Kyrie Irving. 1st overall in 2011.

Swervin81 is online now  
Old
07-05-2012, 10:26 PM
  #298
Hanta Yo
Bag it up
 
Hanta Yo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatshype View Post
I know this is off-topic but do we really need to use initials to describe players and personnel? Is it really that much harder to write Derozan or Demar instead of DD? I hate having to stop and think about the context of the sentence to understand what the initials stand for. Does BC mean Brian Colangelo or British Columbia? Does AA mean Alex Anthopolous or the minor league farm team? Does DD mean Derozan or the bra size?

I mean, at a certain point the few seconds it would take to write out the larger name would start to save the reader a lot of time trying to understand the context. BC trades for KL and now DD for AI from Philly. Is it much more work to just say we got Lowry so now Iggy is a good trade? Besides, there is only one AI. Iverson. AI was a well established nickname for Iverson...Iguodala is known as Iggy.


Again, I know this is off-topic but it REALLY bugs me when people refer to GMs by initials. BB, AA, BC. Seeing those initials does not immediately get me thinking Burke, Anthopolous, and Colangelo.
Well it's not that hard if you know the context of the sentence.

Derozan needs to get back to what he does best, which isn't mid range jumpers. I don't like how he's progressed so far, frustrating player considering there is potential.

Hanta Yo is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 10:27 PM
  #299
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by binop7 View Post
Absolutely, he needs to be more aggressive. I'll admit his 3 point game is getting better, but his mid range game isn't there, so guys aren't scared to give up the shot.

Better, but still not nearly good enough.

The Nemesis is online now  
Old
07-05-2012, 10:29 PM
  #300
binop7
Registered User
 
binop7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Better, but still not nearly good enough.
I don't remember the exact stats, wasn't it 35% this year?

binop7 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.