HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Contract Status

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2005, 10:55 AM
Rails

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rails
Contract Status

What is the contract status of the Flyers high priced players? When do the contracts of Jeremy Roenick, John Leclair, and Tony Amonte expire?

Old
01-16-2005, 12:53 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper
What is the contract status of the Flyers high priced players? When do the contracts of Jeremy Roenick, John Leclair, and Tony Amonte expire?
orangeandblack.net has a great spreadsheet breakdown, but it's been down the last couple of days.

Check the NHLPA site.

Old
01-16-2005, 03:00 PM
FlyersFan10*

I believe Roenick and Leclair are year four in their 5 year deals. Amonte is year 3 in his for year deal. So, if this lockout lasts two years as predicted, their contracts will have expired.

Old
01-16-2005, 07:15 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
So the owners pay for nothing during this lockout, and the players contracts shall expire. Hell this will be better than buying them out.

Old
01-16-2005, 07:52 PM
Rails

Send a message via AIM to Rails
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
So the owners pay for nothing during this lockout, and the players contracts shall expire. Hell this will be better than buying them out.
But if this lockout lasts more than a year, I think there will be very little for the players to return to...fan wise

Old
01-16-2005, 08:13 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

The borderline bankruptcy franchises are going to feel it the most. I just wonder how many, if any teams are going to fold. Like the Pittsburgh Penguins, Buffalo Sabres, and Anaheim Mighty Ducks

Old
01-16-2005, 08:43 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

Would Buffalo really be in trouble? It wasn't that long ago that they filed bankruptcy and were saved by Golisano. Didn't the debt get wiped out?

Old
01-16-2005, 09:24 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

The Sabres filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy which allows them to continue on under their new owners while eliminating any debt. The problem is is that there really isn't a ton of support for the Sabres until they make it to the playoffs.

Old
01-17-2005, 08:28 AM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
I am not sure but, I don't think that this down time counts against the current contract of players like LeClair and Roenick. if LeClair and Roenick are 4yrs in on a 5 year contract, then the Flyers would still owe both of them a year regardless if the lockout last just this year, two years or 5 years. again. I am not sure but it just doesn't make sense any other way.

Old
01-17-2005, 09:12 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69
I am not sure but, I don't think that this down time counts against the current contract of players like LeClair and Roenick. if LeClair and Roenick are 4yrs in on a 5 year contract, then the Flyers would still owe both of them a year regardless if the lockout last just this year, two years or 5 years. again. I am not sure but it just doesn't make sense any other way.
the contracts are date-to-date... not time served. so yes, this down time does count for the contracts, which is why Clarkie didn't buy-out Leclair and Amonte prior to the lockout, any time taken off the contracts by the lockout was money saved on the amount necessary to buy the contracts out.

this issue makes the player and NHLPA stance even more ridiculous because if they are actually willing to sit out full seasons they are going to lose massive amounts of money that they are never going to get back. whether the players want to admit it or not, they will be seeing a salary cap in the future of the NHL, there is too much money helping the owners wait the players out. the other idiocy is that even if we came back after 2 years and the system remained the same, many of these idiotic contracts (Leclair) are to veterans that have less production, and thus will be signing new contracts at a MUCH lower rate. Leclair is what, 3M player now?

some player with some amount of IQ and education needs to step up and get the rest of the membership to understand that while obviously a no-cap environment is the best for them, the days of it existing are coming to an end no matter how long they wait. they should accept the concept of a cap and negotiate as favorable a situation as possible and start making money again.

Old
01-17-2005, 10:08 AM
MacDaddy TLC*

and in addition to what Jester said, all these contracts are expiring. The longer this goes, the more players will be free agents which will drive the supply/demand in favour of the owners. This is all money lost to the players because they won't get deals even close to as good as they had, plus the owners will get their salary cap.

Old
01-17-2005, 10:33 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
and in addition to what Jester said, all these contracts are expiring. The longer this goes, the more players will be free agents which will drive the supply/demand in favour of the owners. This is all money lost to the players because they won't get deals even close to as good as they had, plus the owners will get their salary cap.
to simplify. players are very very stupid to follow goodenow to hell.

Old
01-17-2005, 12:15 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Goodenow has to honestly believe that he can get away without a salary cap. Ownership has all the cards right now, and I a fan wouldn't have it any other way. Back to the contracts though I think Gagne's and Branko's will also expire this year because it was only a one year deal.

Old
01-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Goodenow has to honestly believe that he can get away without a salary cap. Ownership has all the cards right now, and I a fan wouldn't have it any other way. Back to the contracts though I think Gagne's and Branko's will also expire this year because it was only a one year deal.
pretty sure they were both 2-year deals... i very much doubt either side would be interested in 1-year deals.

nevermind... just took qualifying offers. zeus the one who took a 3-year deal.

Closed Thread