Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Hordichuk_24

vCash: 500
Giants trade Vey and McDonald to Tri-City for Festerling and Costanzo

AMS AND GIANTS MAKE A FOUR PLAYER DEAL

Created: Jan 6, 2005

Kennewick, WA – The Tri-City Americans and Vancouver Giants today have made a four player deal as the Americans have dealt 18-year-old defenseman Brett Festerling and 19-year-old center Ryan Costanzo. In exchange the Americans receive 17-year-old center Shaun Vey and 16-year-old defenseman Mike McDonald. McDonald is currently playing Jr. B hockey in Delta, B.C.

The 6’3”, 205 pound Vey is a native of Wakaw, Saskatchewan and appeared in 38 games while collecting one goal, nine points and 24 penalty minutes. The 6’2”, 210 pound McDonald is from West Vancouver, B.C. and appeared in two games and had no points earlier this season for the Giants. Both players are in their rookie seasons in the WHL.

Festerling, a first round draft pick of the Americans in the 2001 Bantam draft had three goals, 14 points in 33 games in his third season with the club. Costanzo, a list player in 2000 by the Americans is in his third season and had two goals, eight points in 36 games.

“This deal addresses a need for our hockey club that will not only enable us to get bigger but add youth as well to the team,” said Americans vice president/general manager Bob Tory. “We are excited to add both Vey and McDonald to our team and look forward to their contributions both on and off the ice. At the same time, I would like to thank both Ryan and Brett for their efforts over the last three years and wish them all the best.”

Both players are expected to arrive in time for Friday’s practice in the Coliseum at 2:30 pm in preparation for the Americans next game this Saturday night in Seattle against the Thunderbirds at 7:05 pm at Key Arena.

Old
01-08-2005, 12:14 PM
MikeS

vCash: 500
I know Tri-city doesn't often sit pat, but I am a bit surprised Festerling is gone. I wonder if they must be looking ahead to youth and throwing in the towel on this season. I don't see why, I thought they had a good chance of catching Portland for third, and maybe even making a run at the 'Tips for home ice.

Closed Thread