HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Summer 2012 Free Agency - Part IX: Now With 100% More Dupuis!

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Illinest

vCash: 500
I say - let's forget about free agency, forget about trades. We sign a few depth players like we always do and we leave the cap space for the trade deadline. Use the intervening time to audition young players. Since we didnt get the impact free agents i think we should use this time to finally give tangradi his shot. Maybe we can even give bennett a trial as well?

We will still have enough talent to remain in the playoff picture and can pick the most essential needs to fill at the deadline, and probably at a cheaper cost.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

I may be in the minority but after thinking about it I'm partial to going after Nash or Ryan and unfortunately giving up some young talent. I just don't think getting some second tier FA's is going to make much difference. The D may suffer but you have to give to get.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Vos

As for Ryan, I believe in one of DK's chats, he said he is pining for Philly and the Pens don't need that.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vos View Post
Semin will go to whoever pays him the most. He's not going to take a little less for a good opportunity. I still wouldn't want him at any rate. I just think he'd mess up the room too much, talent be damned.
If all he cares about is the money, then I would suggest Russia to him

Old
07-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Jacob

If I'm Shero, I'd ask Sid and Geno about Semin. Since he's going to be paid with the money Sid left on the table. And Geno knows him pretty well off the ice.

He'd be a stopgap though, I wouldn't go more than a 1 year deal. And he'll probably get more elsewhere, like the KHL.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Now that we didn't get either of the big FAs Shero's draft moves look a whole lot worse. Freein up cap space is pointless if you don't use it.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:46 AM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
It is kind of ironic that Martin is now the Pens best trade chip, but a few weeks ago people wanted to give him away for nothing. Not really blasting anyone, I just find it funny how quickly things can change.

I still like the idea of Martin for Hemsky, then Shero finding a solid stay at home blueliner through the trade market. Of course it is risky because of Hemsky's injury history and the fact I still think Martin can be a valuable player for this team. Perhaps he and Nisky or Despres really hit it off and become a very solid pairing.

I know a lot of people want things solved now or before the season starts, but Shero may be better off waiting. Let Despres, Strait, Bort, and Morrow compete. If they show they can handle their roles and an expanded role in say Despres case, then perhaps Martin can be moved.

If someone like Nisky proves he can play well in a top four role, perhaps he is moved or it makes Martin expendable as well. I know a number of teams would be willing to overpay for a top four PMD who makes under 3m. Nisky is a guy, that if he plays well, could truly have tremendous trade value by mid season.
Martin for Hemsky makes a lot of sense for both sides. And I am definitely in agreement about Nisky potentially having solid trade value down the road especially if he's our #4 next year. I think he has it in him. Perfect stopgap solution, especially if we're dealing Martin and bringing in a different type of top 4 blue liner.

I know you feel the same way, but I just can't stand how so many fans are fine with Sid playing with the same caliber of linemates. Especially so soon after we miss out on an ideal solution for his wing longterm. Losing Staal forces us to get Sid a linemate. Sid taking that massive discount better motivate Shero to get it done.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:53 AM
zero8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill Sandwich View Post
Semin is awful. Team is better off using that 11 million to light cigars and make airplanes than have him on the team.
Absolutely. Completely awful....

At least make an arguement if you are going to call an ex 40 goal scorer awful. He has his pros and cons and I do not think the pens will go for him at all, but hes certainly not awful

Old
07-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Shady Machine

Sort of off topic, but I just listened to a clip of Poile on TSN after Suter signed in Minny. He sounded really pissed and sort of caught off guard. He was pissed that they weren't given an opportunity to make a counter offer.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:54 AM
spcastlemagic

Let's try developing our own talent internally and seeing where guys like Tangradi, Bennett, Despres, Morrow, Strait and Bortuzzo are during camp and the start of the season. Then use the trade market to batch any holes that remain.

Also, Alexander Semin is awful.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:57 AM
khaoskennedy

at this point I'd like to sign Peter Mueller on cheap 1 or 2 year deal, then let he, TK, Dupuis, Jeffrey, Tangradi compete for the remaining winger spots

Old
07-05-2012, 09:58 AM
TheSniper26
No cure for being...

Quote:
As for Ryan, I believe in one of DK's chats, he said he is pining for Philly and the Pens don't need that.
I've seen a few people say this. Why does it matter if he'd like to play for the team he grew up watching? I'm sure pretty much every guy in the league would like that scenario, but the fact remains that most of them don't get that chance. Doesn't mean they aren't loyal to the team they play for. I mean it doesn't matter anyway since I don't see the Pens landing Ryan, but this seems like a silly reason to not want him.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Quote:
Talbot bled black and gold, rocks as a Flyer. Asham loved Philly... loved Pittsburgh also.
Ryan is from Philly, as is Tangradi. It would mean nothing.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:59 AM
PensFan68

I've been hoping for Semin even while we were going after Parise. May have some questions about attitude, but playing with Sid or Geno he'd put up numbers.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Phil68

Peter who? Another Pascal dupuis like player? If Malkin or Crosby goes down, now what? Our defense just got worse, now you would ask for Mueller

Old
07-05-2012, 10:01 AM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
If you think Glass is soft, then you're a moron. Top 10 in the league in hits. Fast, gritty guy that's willing to drop the gloves. Yeah Asham can beat him up, so what?
I know Tanner Glass isn't soft. Glass beats Asham in every category outside of fighting and skill. I am EXTREMELY happy that we signed him. I wish we had signed George Parros though.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Martin for Hemsky makes a lot of sense for both sides. And I am definitely in agreement about Nisky potentially having solid trade value down the road especially if he's our #4 next year. I think he has it in him. Perfect stopgap solution, especially if we're dealing Martin and bringing in a different type of top 4 blue liner.

I know you feel the same way, but I just can't stand how so many fans are fine with Sid playing with the same caliber of linemates. Especially so soon after we miss out on an ideal solution for his wing longterm. Losing Staal forces us to get Sid a linemate. Sid taking that massive discount better motivate Shero to get it done.
Shero's paid to be patient and find the right deal, not the right now deal. Be sure that it's a big priority - the guy basically gave away Michalek for the chance to get one in UFA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
On come on. Yeah he is being irrational, but don't call Duper a 59 point winger. The chances of him repeating that are very slim IMO. You and I both know he's not a top 6 winger.
He's far from ideal, but Sid's torn the league apart with him before.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:07 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

I'm probably wrong, but I think Shero's main target now is Yandle.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:08 AM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't see how this doesn't belong in the other thread of the selfsame subject.

Old
ComplianceBuyout

Huselius? Too bad he had such an injury plagued season last year

Old

Is Semin even a question mark? Everyone bashes the guy... everyone. Its not even a question mark. In order for Semin to work he has to change.

Another thing is that Semn is really Euro. Will he buy into DB's system at all? And what happensif he doesn't?

Old
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSurge View Post
I know Tanner Glass isn't soft. Glass beats Asham in every category outside of fighting and skill. I am EXTREMELY happy that we signed him. I wish we had signed George Parros though.
We signed Big Mac. What more could you want? The guy is so tough no one wants to fight him.

Old
khaoskennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil68 View Post
Peter who? Another Pascal dupuis like player? If Malkin or Crosby goes down, now what? Our defense just got worse, now you would ask for Mueller
i assume ur responding to me lol

if Malkin or Crosby goes down we are screwed regardless of who we pick up right now, we are looking for a winger at the moment, so i don't get your point, and what does that have to do with the Defense?

Old
07-05-2012, 10:10 AM
PensFan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post

He's far from ideal, but Sid's torn the league apart with him before.
I've finally actually accepted Dupuis on Crosby's line. He has a great shot, can skate, brings some energy, and can play D. Even if he doesn't get to 60, he still compliments Sid quite well.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:11 AM
PensFan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I'm probably wrong, but I think Shero's main target now is Yandle.
I like Yandle, but I'd rather be looking towards a defensive d-man.

Closed Thread