HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Jay Bouwmeester to Edmonton?

Old
07-05-2012, 08:17 PM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Same for Eberle
The Oilers record without Eberle says different.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 08:18 PM
BoldMcNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 50
the Oilers would probably be better served playing against Cervenka for significant minutes in the BOA

BoldMcNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 08:27 PM
DiehardKingsFan

What about Taylor Hall for Ekman-Larsson?

DiehardKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 08:29 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I'd do it for Klefbom and Gagne. Or Klefbom and your 1st next season.
We'll give you Gagner but Klefbom is not going anywhere.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 08:29 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardKingsFan View Post
Would Phoenix accept that?

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:16 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
The Oilers record without Eberle says different.
What a 30th finishes and a 29th?

Last edited by TheHudlinator: 07-05-2012 at 09:27 PM.
TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:18 PM
wahoyaho

I think OEL is worth a bit more than Hall at this point in their careers
EDM probably needs to add a bit to balance it out and it'd be even in value.

wahoyaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:23 PM
gooilgo
Fire MacLowe

Quote:
What 2 30th finishes and a 29th?
I think you'll find the Oilers were 30th without Eberle.

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:26 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
I think you'll find the Oilers were 30th without Eberle.
Correct my bad, 1 30th finish 1 29th finish.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:30 PM
CantHaveTkachev
Cant Have McTkachev

vCash: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardKingsFan View Post
I don't think so...not bad value at all but Hall is the heart and soul of this team

future captain IMO

CantHaveTkachev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Maybe work try to work a deal for a center? Or really anything that might help them make the playoffs this year. Bouwmeester obviously isn't helping with that. The way it sits right now, any Flames deal would involve them having to give up cap space, and in that situation, they won't be getting a center better than what they have now. Or save it for deadline deals if they are in the mix, or for free agency next year in the event that they can't spend it now. Having cap space is an asset in itself as well.
Contracts are all pro-rated so how much space do you really need at the deadline when a contract will always be heading out the door. Trading for Cammi and his 6 million price tag sure wasn't a problem. If your talking about signing someone next summer why not just trade JayBo next off-season then?

JayBo will never live up the hype that was put on him early in his career but he's still a minute eating dman who is awesome in transitional 5 on 5 hockey skating the puck out of trouble or passing to the right person to get the play started out of his zone. He's also good on the penalty kill.

His weakest area is once he's in the offensive zone which is why he'll never put up huge numbers. Specifically on the powerplay which is the area the Oilers need the least amount of help in anyways.

Acquiring him would be an absolutely massive addition for the Oilers. And for everybody saying how overpaid he is, cap space can't be carried forward to future years and take a look at what lesser Dmen in Carle & Wideman just got.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:08 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
What a 30th finishes and a 29th?
Check their record when Eberle was hurt last year. Much worse. Check every teams history with Bouwmeester. No difference if he`s in or out.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:11 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Contracts are all pro-rated so how much space do you really need at the deadline when a contract will always be heading out the door. Trading for Cammi and his 6 million price tag sure wasn't a problem. If your talking about signing someone next summer why not just trade JayBo next off-season then?

JayBo will never live up the hype that was put on him early in his career but he's still a minute eating dman who is awesome in transitional 5 on 5 hockey skating the puck out of trouble or passing to the right person to get the play started out of his zone. He's also good on the penalty kill.

His weakest area is once he's in the offensive zone which is why he'll never put up huge numbers. Specifically on the powerplay which is the area the Oilers need the least amount of help in anyways.

Acquiring him would be an absolutely massive addition for the Oilers. And for everybody saying how overpaid he is, cap space can't be carried forward to future years and take a look at what lesser Dmen in Carle & Wideman just got.
Nobody is questioning his skill. But his heart and ability to turn his team into a winner is non-existent. I'd rather keep players with that long of history as a loser off of the team.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:13 PM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
Check their record when Eberle was hurt last year. Much worse. Check every teams history with Bouwmeester. No difference if he`s in or out.
Are you being facetious? The dude has played literally every one of his team's games since the lockout.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:33 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Are you being facetious? The dude has played literally every one of his team's games since the lockout.
Was Florida any worse once they lost him? No. Has Calgary gotten any better since bringing him in? No. I listed his AHL and WHL teams earlier, and guess what...same pattern. These teams were actually worse with Bouwmeester than when they lost him. For a supposed number one d-man, he has zero impact on his team.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:15 AM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
Was Florida any worse once they lost him? No. Has Calgary gotten any better since bringing him in? No. I listed his AHL and WHL teams earlier, and guess what...same pattern. These teams were actually worse with Bouwmeester than when they lost him. For a supposed number one d-man, he has zero impact on his team.
When Bouwmeester was traded from Fla they dropped from 3rd in the SE division (two years running) to 5th (two years running). They went from 85 and 93 points, respectively, to 77 and 72 points. Your premise is incredibly flawed, but even when applied to the debate for kicks, it can easily support the argument opposite yours.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:55 AM
belair

I know Feaster maxed out Dad's credit card this summer, but is Bouwmeester even on the block? There's been a bit of speculation, but I don't think I've heard anything solid yet.

And although it would be nice to get him in Edmonton, I would suspect Nashville or Detroit to be front-runners for his services if he, in fact, is available.

belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:57 AM
wahoyaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
I know Feaster maxed out Dad's credit card this summer, but is Bouwmeester even on the block? There's been a bit of speculation, but I don't think I've heard anything solid yet.

And although it would be nice to get him in Edmonton, I would suspect Nashville or Detroit to be front-runners for his services if he, in fact, is available.
He'll probably only be traded if the trade helps them get into the playoffs. (But they'll probably still miss either way, TML of the west)

wahoyaho is offline   Reply With Quote