HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the LIIgue

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2012, 12:58 AM
ddawg1950

vCash: 500
If Minney stays healthy, then I expect he additions of Suter and Parise to make the dfference. They'll be in the post season...and if their goaltending comes all the way back, they could make some noise.

Old
07-29-2012, 01:06 AM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
Not really suck as I expect them to make the playoffs, but as a 7 or 8 seed and I wouldn't be surprised if they miss. Look at their D and tell me you have that much faith in Jimmy Howard. As much as Lidstrom wasn't the guy he was in his prime, you can't just replace that, and not only have they not replaced him, they've done NOTHING.
Agreed. They can work with their current forward group, but having either Quincey or White in the top-pairing and Ericsson as a top 4 is completely unacceptable. They HAVE to get another top D-man to keep the playoff streak going. Considering how other teams have improved the Wings will be in serious danger of falling into Flames-like mediocrity.

Old
07-29-2012, 01:45 AM
pahlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
I'm having trouble placing Detroit's top six: Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Samuelsson (?), Bertuzzi (?)....?
they're top 6 is still solid, it's just old. having at least 1 of their prospects step up and make an impact is key imo.

Old
07-29-2012, 01:55 AM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by pahlsson View Post
they're top 6 is still solid, it's just old. having at least 1 of their prospects step up and make an impact is key imo.
andbreatheme, you are forgetting Filppula and possibly Cleary.

Old
07-29-2012, 06:20 AM
Vajakki

Detroit's forwards should be fine (fine as in making the playoffs) if Zetterberg and Datsyuk manage to not be out of the lineup at the same time, but their D is just weak at the moment.

The whole team hasn't been anything special even with Lidstrom and Stuart last few years and now they are both gone and no one is there to take those minutes. Losing 2 top 4 defenseman is pretty significant. They added Quincey last year but he didn't play very well for them down the stretch and he certainly won't have as good supporting cast with Kronwall, White and Ericsson.

Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get someone like Bouwmeester. Yandle would probably cost too much (Filppula+), thus leaving holes elsewhere in the lineup. That being said the Flames are also in no need to dump Bouwmeester as they're under the cap, so it might be difficult area to improve for Holland.

Old
07-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Blueangel1891

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Agreed. They can work with their current forward group, but having either Quincey or White in the top-pairing and Ericsson as a top 4 is completely unacceptable. They HAVE to get another top D-man to keep the playoff streak going. Considering how other teams have improved the Wings will be in serious danger of falling into Flames-like mediocrity.
The Flames can only dream to have players like Dats and Zetterberg

Detroit will make the playoffs, although they are not a bigshot contender anymore

Old
07-29-2012, 03:31 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vajakki View Post
Detroit's forwards should be fine (fine as in making the playoffs) if Zetterberg and Datsyuk manage to not be out of the lineup at the same time, but their D is just weak at the moment.

The whole team hasn't been anything special even with Lidstrom and Stuart last few years and now they are both gone and no one is there to take those minutes. Losing 2 top 4 defenseman is pretty significant. They added Quincey last year but he didn't play very well for them down the stretch and he certainly won't have as good supporting cast with Kronwall, White and Ericsson.

Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get someone like Bouwmeester. Yandle would probably cost too much (Filppula+), thus leaving holes elsewhere in the lineup. That being said the Flames are also in no need to dump Bouwmeester as they're under the cap, so it might be difficult area to improve for Holland.
They would be retarded not to try and work out a deal for Yandle if it only took Filpulla as the centerpiece.

Old
07-29-2012, 03:33 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
andbreatheme, you are forgetting Filppula and possibly Cleary.
Thanks.

Old
07-29-2012, 09:19 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vajakki View Post

Can definitely see them making a push for JayBo or Yandle, and for them to return to a stingy, suffocating defensive style this year.

Old
07-29-2012, 10:10 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueangel1891 View Post
The Flames can only dream to have players like Dats and Zetterberg

Detroit will make the playoffs, although they are not a bigshot contender anymore
I know this sounds a bit funny, but the Flames could very well get more W's than the Wings this season. Not very probably but a likely proposition, specially if Cervenka can score at a decent pace.

Babcock knows how to get the best from what he has, though.

Old
07-30-2012, 01:09 AM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
I know this sounds a bit funny, but the Flames could very well get more W's than the Wings this season. Not very probably but a likely proposition, specially if Cervenka can score at a decent pace.

Babcock knows how to get the best from what he has, though.
That would be hilarious. I was actually watching a rerun game from the Pittsburgh/Detroit SCFs (2008) on TV today, and nothing would make me happier. Those ****ers already got their Cup(s).

Old
07-30-2012, 01:13 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 8111
Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
That would be hilarious. I was actually watching a rerun game from the Pittsburgh/Detroit SCFs (2008) on TV today, and nothing would make me happier. Those ****ers already got their Cup(s).
I'd puke. Much rather that didn't happen. Detreoit has their Cups, but I'd never want Calgary to do good.

Old
07-30-2012, 01:32 AM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximLapierre View Post
I'd puke. Much rather that didn't happen. Detreoit has their Cups, but I'd never want Calgary to do good.
I didn't necessarily mean I'd be happy if Calgary was *better* than Detroit per se, just seeing Detroit take a couple steps back would be interesting.

Old
07-30-2012, 02:24 AM
WonderTwinsUnite

Watch Detroit tank, get Seth Jones, and be fine for another 20 years.

Old
07-30-2012, 12:50 PM
Canucker

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/...yers_penguins/

Poor Claude Giroux is complaining about Sidney Crosby now. Suck it up princess.

Besides Giroux is no angel himself.

Old
07-30-2012, 12:56 PM
TLinden16
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I dunno if Nashville is a probable playoff team. I think they'll take a pretty significant step back if they don't make a few pretty big moves.
Doubtful.

Roman Josi is underrated, he'll become a steady partner for Weber this season.

A year of development for guys like Wilson, Ellis, Blum should bring more offensive talent to the team. The team was quite cohesive and performing well before A.Kostitsyn/Radulov, so the loss of them won't be too bad. I think they could of used one or two more Top 9 forwards that fit the Barry Trotz style, but he'll pull them into the 5-8 spot, Poile will make a reasonable trade deadline move to shore up the weak spots, and they'll be in the post-season once again.

Old
07-30-2012, 04:13 PM
Derp Kassian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/...yers_penguins/

Poor Claude Giroux is complaining about Sidney Crosby now. Suck it up princess.

Besides Giroux is no angel himself.
Said it in the main board thread, but he goes for as many cheap shots as Malkin.

Old
07-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp Kassian View Post
Said it in the main board thread, but he goes for as many cheap shots as Malkin.
Hasn't hit any Canuck so I don't particularly care as opposed to Malkin who drove Willie Mitchell's head into the boards.

Last edited by Barney Gumble: 07-30-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old
07-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Team1040:
Quote:
#predators shea weber will be on #team1040 momentarily to chat with the moj

Old
07-30-2012, 04:30 PM
KISSland

All the good players play with some edge. Giroux is not an exception. Dude's borderline on Hartnell's level.

Old
07-30-2012, 04:37 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
All the good players play with some edge. Giroux is not an exception. Dude's borderline on Hartnell's level.
Then he shouldn't be whining when other players do it to him.

Old
07-30-2012, 04:44 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Meh... Crosby whines all the time...nothing really new here.

Old
07-30-2012, 04:48 PM
KISSland

Quote:
All players whine at some point or another. Don't really care about what they have to say anymore. They're all hypocrites in their own way. But yeah I agree.

Old
07-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
Meh... Crosby whines all the time...nothing really new here.
He does, and its annoying...I lose respect for players who play chippy, dirty hockey and then piss and moan about it later. If you are going to get down and dirty you'd better understand that its going to come back to you someday so you'd better keep your yap shut when it does. I think most of these guys are under the illusion that they really are clean players and don't deserve the punishment they receive.

Old
07-30-2012, 05:15 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
He does, and its annoying...I lose respect for players who play chippy, dirty hockey and then piss and moan about it later. If you are going to get down and dirty you'd better understand that its going to come back to you someday so you'd better keep your yap shut when it does. I think most of these guys are under the illusion that they really are clean players and don't deserve the punishment they receive.
Crosby still gets the 'whiner' label stemming from his first two years, I don't really recall him 'whining' about too much over the last few years.

I do know how he feels about the Flyers though.

Closed Thread