HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the LIIgue

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-15-2012, 03:24 PM
  #776
timw33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,770
vCash: 500
Sooooo...Lucic for 6M.... How about that...

timw33 is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 10:13 PM
  #777
CanucksOo
Registered User
 
CanucksOo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 6,175
vCash: 500
And Kane stays in Winnipeg. For now.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
6 years, $31.5 for Evander Kane in Winnipeg.

CanucksOo is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 10:56 PM
  #778
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg
 
VinnyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Na'ē panjā
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,769
vCash: 500
booth + schroeder + 1st for Kane


VinnyC is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 11:13 PM
  #779
Mason10
Bacon
 
Mason10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,933
vCash: 500
Jeremy Roenick ‏@Jeremy_Roenick
Evander Kane is a god player but 31 mil for 6 yrs?? 214 games 63 goals 63 assts career. And we wonder the problem?? Holy crap

Mason10 is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 11:41 PM
  #780
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason10 View Post
Jeremy Roenick ‏@Jeremy_Roenick
Evander Kane is a god player but 31 mil for 6 yrs?? 214 games 63 goals 63 assts career. And we wonder the problem?? Holy crap
Questioning a 5.3 caphit for a young power forward?

Why not question any other deal?

JVR's deal he signed after a 7 goal playoff run and a barely 40 point season is and was a much worse contract.

Milan Lucic gets paid $100k less than the twins....he's an impact player, but not elite at anything other than intimidation.

5.3 is plenty fine for Kane in this current market....Maybe Roenick is just racist

arsmaster is offline  
Old
09-16-2012, 04:27 AM
  #781
Wilch
Unregistered User
 
Wilch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Under your bed
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 8,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason10 View Post
Jeremy Roenick ‏@Jeremy_Roenick
Evander Kane is a god player but 31 mil for 6 yrs?? 214 games 63 goals 63 assts career. And we wonder the problem?? Holy crap
Oh he mad.

Wilch is offline  
Old
09-16-2012, 04:50 AM
  #782
GoTeamDom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 942
vCash: 500
Silver lining time: Kassian gets to play in the AHL and literally run people over and play top-line minutes for the Wolves.

Kesler scored 30 goals in the AHL during the last lockout after putting up a 6 goal pace in his rookie year, playing with no one of note. Bieksa also put up 39 points. I always point to the lockout to the real reason the 2003 draft was so successful. Without the lockout I doubt players like Perry, Getzlaf, Green and Carter would have shot to stardom so quickly like they had.

I don't know enough about the SEL to comment if SEL vs a stacked AHL is a better place for Jensen to develop.

GoTeamDom is offline  
Old
09-16-2012, 06:27 AM
  #783
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 17,942
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Questioning a 5.3 caphit for a young power forward?

Why not question any other deal?

JVR's deal he signed after a 7 goal playoff run and a barely 40 point season is and was a much worse contract.

Milan Lucic gets paid $100k less than the twins....he's an impact player, but not elite at anything other than intimidation.

5.3 is plenty fine for Kane in this current market....Maybe Roenick is just racist
Fowler got $4m for 29 points and -28. Every player is grabbing what they can and every team is gambling hard that they will work out and be bargains in 5 years.

me2 is offline  
Old
09-16-2012, 09:26 PM
  #784
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 10,036
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTeamDom View Post
Silver lining time: Kassian gets to play in the AHL and literally run people over and play top-line minutes for the Wolves.

Kesler scored 30 goals in the AHL during the last lockout after putting up a 6 goal pace in his rookie year, playing with no one of note. Bieksa also put up 39 points. I always point to the lockout to the real reason the 2003 draft was so successful. Without the lockout I doubt players like Perry, Getzlaf, Green and Carter would have shot to stardom so quickly like they had.

I don't know enough about the SEL to comment if SEL vs a stacked AHL is a better place for Jensen to develop.
Still think the AHL would be a better place for him to play, but seems that he's not allowed to.

vanuck is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 12:30 PM
  #785
metric
Registered User
 
metric's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,519
vCash: 500
I haven't been following closely but it looks like the Oilers arena deal could fall through? From what I've read (not a lot) it sounds like Darryl Katz is a greedy *******. He's rich as hell but not willing to put up a lot of money. It's got to make people appreciated the Aquilini's more. I admit I was hesitant when I heard they were buying the team but they've done nothing but invest money into the Vancouver Canucks.

metric is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 06:40 PM
  #786
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dawson Creek, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,424
vCash: 500
Katz is indeed a ******. He's gone from savior to pariah pretty quickly, and brought it on himself.

kevinsane is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 06:43 PM
  #787
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dawson Creek, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,424
vCash: 500
Allaire leaves the Leafs. He stated that he wasn't allowed to do his job the way he wanted, pretty much saying there was too much interference.
I'm not a fan of the style he teaches, but that doesn't mean he's not a great coach.
Sounds like Burke messed with the goaltending.

kevinsane is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 06:57 PM
  #788
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 17,942
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by metric View Post
I haven't been following closely but it looks like the Oilers arena deal could fall through?

I'm still trying to work out how the Oilers make so much profit, cheap payroll helps, but it's still outstanding. Not sure I'd want to do anything that screwed with that formula. Katz must be doing something right even if it pisses off some other group.

Quote:
From what I've read (not a lot) it sounds like Darryl Katz is a greedy *******. He's rich as hell but not willing to put up a lot of money. It's got to make people appreciated the Aquilini's more. I admit I was hesitant when I heard they were buying the team but they've done nothing but invest money into the Vancouver Canucks.
The Nucks have funnelled nice profits back. It's a two way street. It'll be interesting to see what happens if the Canucks every start making loses.

Owners must be the most vilified group when it comes to hockey.

cheap payroll to try not to lose money- bad owner
Spend up and lose money - bad owner
stay in an old rink - bad owner
build a rink you can't afford - bad owner
ask for public help funding new arena - bad owner


Last edited by me2: 09-18-2012 at 07:04 PM.
me2 is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 01:13 AM
  #789
aandbreatheme
Registered User
 
aandbreatheme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,238
vCash: 500
Made an Ovechkin tribute if anyone is interested. I worked pretty hard on this one.


aandbreatheme is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 01:19 AM
  #790
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg
 
VinnyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Na'ē panjā
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by metric View Post
I haven't been following closely but it looks like the Oilers arena deal could fall through? From what I've read (not a lot) it sounds like Darryl Katz is a greedy *******. He's rich as hell but not willing to put up a lot of money. It's got to make people appreciated the Aquilini's more. I admit I was hesitant when I heard they were buying the team but they've done nothing but invest money into the Vancouver Canucks.
I can't blame Katz for trying to push his luck, sure he's spending up his trust with the city of Edmonton but considering how hockey crazed the city is it was worth a shot.

Either way, if the council keeps resisting to pony up more expenses then he'll just do it himself. Oilers are poised to become a strong team by the time a new arena would be built and ticket prices would go bananas. Katz would be dumb to not capitalize.

VinnyC is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 01:19 AM
  #791
Mason10
Bacon
 
Mason10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
Made an Ovechkin tribute if anyone is interested. I worked pretty hard on this one.

great job!

Mason10 is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 03:47 PM
  #792
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dawson Creek, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,424
vCash: 500
Amazing talent, but a ****** of a human being.

kevinsane is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 09:46 PM
  #793
aandbreatheme
Registered User
 
aandbreatheme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason10 View Post
great job!
Thank you!

aandbreatheme is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 09:59 PM
  #794
roach9
Registered User
 
roach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsane View Post
Amazing talent, but a ****** of a human being.
Who is a ****** human being?

roach9 is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 10:43 PM
  #795
Mason10
Bacon
 
Mason10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
Who is a ****** human being?
maybe he's talking abut Ovie?

Mason10 is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 05:50 PM
  #796
xtr3m
Registered User
 
xtr3m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,223
vCash: 500
1. A new Seattle arena just got approved.
2. Oilers owners in Seattle today checking out the KeyArena.
3. Oilers are rumoured to be one of the teams interested in Luongo.
4. ???
5. Fun times ahead.

xtr3m is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 07:10 PM
  #797
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 17,942
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr3m View Post
1. A new Seattle arena just got approved.
2. Oilers owners in Seattle today checking out the KeyArena.
3. Oilers are rumoured to be one of the teams interested in Luongo.
4. ???
5. Fun times ahead.
Edm->Seattle the new Quebec->Avs = cups

me2 is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 07:19 PM
  #798
Edonator
The Mightiest Club
 
Edonator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vancouver
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 3,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr3m View Post
1. A new Seattle arena just got approved.
2. Oilers owners in Seattle today checking out the KeyArena.
3. Oilers are rumoured to be one of the teams interested in Luongo.
4. Vancouver trades Luongo to Edmonton, only to have him waive his NTC
5. Edmonton move to Seattle.
6. Vancouver, once again, trade Luongo to that franchise, to only have him accept

7. Fun times ahead.
:laugh

Missed a few steps.

Edonator is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 07:52 PM
  #799
ItsAllPartOfThePlan
Registered User
 
ItsAllPartOfThePlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,105
vCash: 500
Man...Edmonton not having a team would be crazy. Especially if Phoenix continues to exist. And the fact that Gretzky is involved makes stings a bit. Gotta feel for Oiler fans. Suck all those years and then relocate when things are about to get good

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 07:53 PM
  #800
Tim Calhoun
Tim Calhoun
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,032
vCash: 325
As hilarious as it would be, there is no chance in hell that the Oilers relocate.

Tim Calhoun is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.