HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Part XII - The "Take The Money And Run" edition

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 01:15 PM
hlaverty06

vCash: 500
Yeah don't feel like taking on 12 million in cap

Old
07-05-2012, 01:16 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilos View Post
maybe sign scott parse from LA and give him the 9? We would eliminate the "I" from this team.
Wow.

Love it.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Bondys Champagne
Who dey

I would like to see Semin here. He really isn't bad in his own end and has great offensive skills. He has also more Playoff Overtime Game Winners than Zach "I don't score often but when I do it's not important" Parise

Old
07-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Honestly after hearing that he was texting Suter all season planning this and that the Wild planned to do this all along and then to have to hear his promising statements... and for us to have to run around this message board and in any talk about hockey and have to defend him, our team, and ourselves ever since the day he signed that 1 year deal... I don't see how anyone here ISN'T furious.
All Parise said is that he and Suter talked about how it would nice to play on the same team going forward. Two friends shooting the **** and fantasizing about a cool situation. Not a big deal.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Queensdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Now that I'm home from my mini vacation and am calmed down somewhat....

Have fun in the mountains of minny **** face

Can we please go soccer style and line the glass at the away end with all of these during warmups on nov. 11

Old
07-05-2012, 01:20 PM
OOOOIIIO
Binary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
All Parise said is that he and Suter talked about how it would nice to play on the same team going forward. Two friends shooting the **** and fantasizing about a cool situation. Not a big deal.
He said they were in communication all season with eachoter talking about how it would be awsome if somehow they could find a way to play together. Stop trying to defend.

I get it, and I agree its time to start putting this behind us, but you need to stop trying to make it sound like this man didnt screw us over.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Bondys Champagne
Who dey

Minny's coming to NJ next season? You know what you have to do guys.

God he was my favorite player, one of the reasons I became a NJ fan and now I just hate him. **** him

Old
07-05-2012, 01:23 PM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
the hate is a river of wine. cest la vie. sucks how this all shook out.
Thought you said river of slime for a minute, like in Ghostbusters 2 haha.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Queensdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dutch View Post

God he was my favorite player, one of the reasons I became a NJ fan and now I just hate him. **** him
Nov. 11. My vocal chords are going to be working at playoff decibel level.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dutch View Post

November 11th

Old
07-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Anyone who doesn't have season tickets ( wouldn't want your privileges revoked ) should march down behind the wild bench and throw their old parise jerseys on the ice right in front of the bench.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Blackjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
November 11th
**** you Zach!!!!!!!!!11/11oneone...

Old
07-05-2012, 01:27 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
I think everyone is ok with the fact that he wants to play with Suter. What has people going mental is all the BS he served this fanbase threw the entire year, saying his top priority was to be apart of a contender, NJ was real high on his list and blablabla.... when in reality, playing with Suter, in his hometown and landing a 96M$ seems to be his real priorities.

Again, there's nothing wrong with what he wants... just don't feed us garbage for a entire year and expect us to like it afterwards.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:27 PM
forceten

Send a message via AIM to forceten
I want Doan at 2 years, 4-5M. He's a RW, great leader, strong player.

I wouldn't mind trying Semin out but no NTC.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:28 PM
kyle evs48
Devilish Boy Grin

Doan is not leaving the western conference

Old
07-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brovalchuk View Post
He said they were in communication all season with eachoter talking about how it would be awsome if somehow they could find a way to play together. Stop trying to defend.

I get it, and I agree its time to start putting this behind us, but you need to stop trying to make it sound like this man didnt screw us over.
"Ryan and I had talked throughout the year, at the time you always say to each other, ‘Wouldn’t it be great to have a chance play with each other on the same team?’ Was it realistic at the time? I don’t know. Different teams have to have the availability. I know how great Ryan is ... to have an opportunity to play with a guy of that caliber is a great opportunity. We kept in touch throughout the whole process. You have to decide what is best for you."

Sorry, but that doesn't indicate that Parise was conniving to screw the Devils over. It's two friends talking. Parise obviously liked NJ and wanted to stay. If not, the decision wouldn't have taken so long.

Parise did not screw the Devils over. As of July 1st, every team had the right to talk to him. NJ knew this, made their best pitch, and he left. Oh well.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Take Notes
Reaching for the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
the hate is a river of wine. cest la vie. sucks how this all shook out.
I didn't know you could speak french.

Old
njdevil26

Quote:
Between the interviews, articles put out by the Minnesota newspapers, and so on... there's no way to defend it. It starts with the fact that the Wild admitted to the newspaper that this was their gameplan for a while. They were eyeing Parise and Suter for years. Then while our captain is telling us what his priorities are and even the fact that he'd sign before July 1st if the deal was right... the Minnesota papers are gloating about how much money the Wild are prepared to throw at him. If you think that their text messages were innocent fantasies then you are being ridiculous naive. You think Parise and Suter called eachother on July 1st and got this thing underway? Please.

The fix was in the whole time... us fans cared too much about him and our team to see what was happening... now we're left feeling backstabbed. I don't even want to see what my and our posts looked like in the speculation threads in the free agent/trade board on this site. We were in there for months defending Zach, us, and our team...

Maybe you don't care as much as some of us and that's fine... I wish I didn't care that much... but the fix was in the whole time... it's painfully obvious.

Old
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

and then the CBA capped contracts off at 8 years and lowered the cap by 10 million

Old
07-05-2012, 01:30 PM
JimEIV

If Semin comes here....

I will be in trouble.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I think everyone is ok with the fact that he wants to play with Suter. What has people going mental is all the BS he served this fanbase threw the entire year, saying his top priority was to be apart of a contender, NJ was real high on his list and blablabla.... when in reality, playing with Suter, in his hometown and landing a 96M$ seems to be his real priorities.

Again, there's nothing wrong with what he wants... just don't feed us garbage for a entire year and expect us to like it afterwards.
That wasn't BS. Parise liked this team and liked playing here. Why do you think the decision took four days and NJ was neck and neck with MIN?

Parise's in a good situation in MIN. Up and coming team with good young players and close to home. Many could argue MIN is now a contender by adding Parise and Suter.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:31 PM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Anyone who doesn't have season tickets ( wouldn't want your privileges revoked ) should march down behind the wild bench and throw their old parise jerseys on the ice right in front of the bench.
Can they call a penalty during warmups? That's when everyone should do it. Plan in a 20 second span to stroll down to where the Wild warm up and hurl everything over the boards then walk away.

Old
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Between the interviews, articles put out by the Minnesota newspapers, and so on... there's no way to defend it. It starts with the fact that the Wild admitted to the newspaper that this was their gameplan for a while. They were eyeing Parise and Suter for years. Then while our captain is telling us what his priorities are and even the fact that he'd sign before July 1st if the deal was right... the Minnesota papers are gloating about how much money the Wild are prepared to throw at him. If you think that their text messages were innocent fantasies then you are being ridiculous naive. You think Parise and Suter called eachother on July 1st and got this thing underway? Please.

The fix was in the whole time... us fans cared too much about him and our team to see what was happening... now we're left feeling backstabbed. I don't even want to see what my and our posts looked like in the speculation threads in the free agent/trade board on this site. We were in there for months defending Zach, us, and our team...

Maybe you don't care as much as some of us and that's fine... I wish I didn't care that much... but the fix was in the whole time... it's painfully obvious.
The Minnesota papers have absolutely nothing to do with Zach Parise. Minnesota management had absolutely nothing to do with Zach Parise before July 1st. The fix was not in. If that were the case, the deals would have been done far sooner than they were. Give it a freaking rest.

I do care. I would have loved for Parise to be on NJ at a reasonable contract. But that's not a reality, so I'm not going to be all emotional about it. Parise had every right to make the decision he made and that's that. NJ needs to focus on improving, not dwelling on how Zach supposedly screwed us over.

Old
Queensdevil

Quote:
"Ryan and I had talked throughout the year, at the time you always say to each other, ‘Wouldn’t it be great to have a chance play with each other on the same team?’ Was it realistic at the time? I don’t know. Different teams have to have the availability. I know how great Ryan is ... to have an opportunity to play with a guy of that caliber is a great opportunity. We kept in touch throughout the whole process. You have to decide what is best for you."

Sorry, but that doesn't indicate that Parise was conniving to screw the Devils over. It's two friends talking. Parise obviously liked NJ and wanted to stay. If not, the decision wouldn't have taken so long.

Parise did not screw the Devils over. As of July 1st, every team had the right to talk to him. NJ knew this, made their best pitch, and he left. Oh well.
The decision took so long because he was convincing suter to follow him to MN! Don't be so nieve that he was painstakingly talking it over with his fiancé.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Take Notes
Reaching for the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovyLove View Post
If Semin comes here....

I will be in trouble.
I'm just curious... Do you hate all the russians?

Closed Thread