HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Part XII - The "Take The Money And Run" edition

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 02:33 PM
JimEIV

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Notes View Post
I'm just curious... Do you hate all the russians?
I like Vodka a lot.

Old
07-05-2012, 02:33 PM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
That wasn't BS. Parise liked this team and liked playing here. Why do you think the decision took four days and NJ was neck and neck with MIN?

Parise's in a good situation in MIN. Up and coming team with good young players and close to home. Many could argue MIN is now a contender by adding Parise and Suter.
I'm sorry man but you're either gullable, naive, or a superhero strength version of the two.

NJ was only "neck and neck" with Minnesota because Parise said that in an interview to provide some consolation to how close we should think it was. Parise spent the four days trying to work out terms with Minnesota then trying to get Suter on board and try to get the Wild to give an identical contract to him. The only player that was close to messing up the whole thing was Suter because Detroit wanted him so bad.

Old
07-05-2012, 02:35 PM
BackSpasm Kovy
Reaching for the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovyLove View Post
I like Vodka a lot.
KovyLove is dead to me. You should change it to ColdWarJim

Old
07-05-2012, 02:35 PM
njdevil26

Quote:
The Minnesota papers have absolutely nothing to do with Zach Parise. Minnesota management had absolutely nothing to do with Zach Parise before July 1st. The fix was not in. If that were the case, the deals would have been done far sooner than they were. Give it a freaking rest.

I do care. I would have loved for Parise to be on NJ at a reasonable contract. But that's not a reality, so I'm not going to be all emotional about it. Parise had every right to make the decision he made and that's that. NJ needs to focus on improving, not dwelling on how Zach supposedly screwed us over.
Hey man, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. But we all saw how it all went down. So while everyone's opinion is weighted equally... don't sit around here and try to tell us how upset we should be.

Old
07-05-2012, 02:36 PM
njdevil26

Apparently I will be referring to you as "man."

Old
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Guess the two "big fish" didn't hold the market up that much its dead quiet today.

Old
JimEIV

I personally think this was conceived more than 2 years ago when Parise was injured and hired new representation.

Old
07-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Karus

Quote:
If Semin comes here....

I will be in trouble.
If we sign him you can change your name into Kovy&SeminLove.

Old
07-05-2012, 02:37 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Can they call a penalty during warmups? That's when everyone should do it. Plan in a 20 second span to stroll down to where the Wild warm up and hurl everything over the boards then walk away.
Thats what I was hoping for...we could have a group hold up signs along the glass about what a traitor he is and making fun of him and the rest of us can march down the 2 aisles on either side where the netting ends and start throwing our Parise junk onto the ice.

Old
07-05-2012, 02:38 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Notes View Post
KovyLove is dead to me. You should change it to ColdWarJim
Your obliviousness to the situation is more than amusing to me. Do you like Semin?

Old
07-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Queensdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Thats what I was hoping for...we could have a group hold up signs along the glass about what a traitor he is and making fun of him and the rest of us can march down the 2 aisles on either side where the netting ends and start throwing our Parise junk onto the ice.
I'm down for bringing as many signs as possible, but what are the chances people are actually willing to throw away $200 jerseys.

If people are willing to do it, hey that's awesome. Thankfully I don't have a parise jersey and don't have to make that decision lol

Old
07-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
I'm sorry man but you're either gullable, naive, or a superhero strength version of the two.

NJ was only "neck and neck" with Minnesota because Parise said that in an interview to provide some consolation to how close we should think it was. Parise spent the four days trying to work out terms with Minnesota then trying to get Suter on board and try to get the Wild to give an identical contract to him. The only player that was close to messing up the whole thing was Suter because Detroit wanted him so bad.
Ha ha sorry man, I'm just rational and not overly reactionary.

You're blindly speculating about the process on the back of emotions and anger. There is absolutely no evidence to support what you're saying. Quotes from own GM contradict what you're saying.

And even if Parise did lead the Devils on, I wouldn't care. Didn't want Parise on that kind of contract to begin with.

Old
07-05-2012, 02:40 PM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Maybe I'm more upset than most... but I have been scouring every single interview and article about Zach in the past two days trying to see where he would at least give the fans some credit and a thanks or something. The closest he came was this:

"From a fan’s standpoint, I feel I gave everything I had when I was playing there. I don’t think anyone can argue with that. I played as hard as I could every night and I gave them everything. They’re passionate about their team. And when players leave, I get it. I understand and I can see it from their standpoint. But I’m confident in saying I did everything I could to help that team win when I was there.”

Translated : "Don't really give a **** thanks for asking"

Old
BackSpasm Kovy
Reaching for the top

Quote:
Your obliviousness to the situation is more than amusing to me. Do you like Semin?
I don't hate anyone till they give me a reason to hate them. Same for loving them.

Semin, seriously, I'm not really sure, would I take the risk, on short term? yes.

Old
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queensdevil View Post
I'm down for bringing as many signs as possible, but what are the chances people are actually willing to throw away $200 jerseys.

If people are willing to do it, hey that's awesome. Thankfully I don't have a parise jersey and don't have to make that decision lol
Well, mine was a christmas gift from 2 years ago and is too small on me now, so idc...I don't want garbage in my closet anyway...besides, doesn't have to be jerseys...could be those dumb player shirts and such too

Old
07-05-2012, 02:41 PM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
Semin would be all over Lundqvist.

Wait... what

Old
indfin

Quote:
That wasn't BS. Parise liked this team and liked playing here. Why do you think the decision took four days and NJ was neck and neck with MIN?
My guess is that it took four days (and perhaps even some concessions by Parise to MIN, or perhaps threats to go back to NJ) for MIN to put together the offer that Suter would accept. You can credit Parise with getting his pal a sweet deal.

Having said that, God bless him if that's how it happened. I do believe that, one way or another, he was going to MIN and he knew that (at least) a year ago. Maybe he owed it to Lou to let him know that (not that Lou necessarily would have traded him, and if the Devils won two more games in the Finals, a lot of people wouldn't have cared, anyway). He could have been more vague about his feeling toward NJ (although, to be fair, then a lot of people would have *****ed about his lack of loyalty). Certainly seems like he could have been more gracious after the fact (even if it is just lip service).

Old
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

So there are some who believe this Wild double dip just happened to come about in the last couple of days? Give me a break. I have this bridge in Brooklyn that I'd like to sell you if you're interested.

I'm over Parise. We don't need people like him playing for this franchise let alone being the captain of the team. He didn't want to be here and thats cool, I respect his decision to leave. Have a nice life brother, it's been fun. But the way he went about the whole situation is complete ********.

More power to him for doing what he wanted to do. But he's a straight up *****. He had plenty of opportunities to be honest about the situation and never was. Sure, he definitely has some intention of signing with the Devile, but NJ was strictly a fall back option if his fantasy relationship with the Wild and Suter didn't take shape.

Peace out #9.

Old
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queensdevil View Post
Nov. 11. My vocal chords are going to be working at playoff decibel level.
It's a sign. He's now wearing number 11. The date of that game is 11/11.

Old
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

JIM IS KNOWN FOR HIS PENCHANT FOR DIRTY JOKES

:| joke explained. sry to ruin your fun m8

Old
07-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Blackjack

Quote:
Maybe I'm more upset than most...
Try not to be so upset. Parise was a good, not great, player. He didn't do much in the playoffs, and he was inconsistent. The Devils would be in much worse shape if they signed him to that kind of asinine contract. They will be okay without him.

Old
07-05-2012, 02:43 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
JIM IS KNOWN FOR HIS PENCHANT FOR DIRTY JOKES

:| joke explained. sry to ruin your fun m8
I am not. I am a proper gentleman.

Old
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevil View Post
Semin would be all over Lundqvist.

Wait... what

not again!

but seriously, i would love to see him signed for 3-5 years. he might be the most underappreciated 2 way forward in the east.

Old
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB Devils23 View Post
It's a sign. He's now wearing number 11. The date of that game is 11/11.
"#9 was just given to me. I've always been #11"

Seriously, I will never let this go. He's just a flat out c***.

Old
njdevil26

Quote:
Ha ha sorry man, I'm just rational and not overly reactionary.

You're blindly speculating about the process on the back of emotions and anger. There is absolutely no evidence to support what you're saying. Quotes from own GM contradict what you're saying.

And even if Parise did lead the Devils on, I wouldn't care. Didn't want Parise on that kind of contract to begin with.
I personally don't care about the money. I don't care about the cap hit or how much money he's getting in his pocket each year. As far as I'm concerned... I trust Lou and JVB to spend whatever they could on him and provide a sound budget for the team around him. All I care about is the player and the team. He was a leader, he was liked by his teammates and the fans, he provided energy and great two way play to our club. The best thing about him was his work ethic... always giving 200%. Because of that it's going to be impossible to replace him.

I really see Lou going out and winning a bidding war for Semin or presenting a better offer than any other team for Bobby Ryan. It doesn't seem like he's in a rush to replace the offense either... no Sykora... didn't care to re-sign Poni. So yeah, Parise left a HUGE hole here.

Closed Thread