Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wait list moving...

Old
08-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
some season ticket accounts would be closed due to fraud-scalping.

waitlist members would drop off.

more season tickets were made available (piggy back seats).

this is what caused the movement of 250+ people under the 1000 mark.

Grind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 11:08 AM
KingSalamon

There are 8000 seats on the wait list. After the first season, TNSE had seats to sell to people who were on the list and offered to sell 'pairs' that were front-back as opposed to side by side seats. They managed to move a few hundred seats this way to waiting list people.

Of the 8000 seats, there were a little over 3000 people on the wait list. 2500 seats opened up (approx) for people as there was around 1000 people who opted out of the wait list. From reports from waiting list members here, it seems like the majority of the people who opted out are of the high number on the wait list. (Likely people got on the wait list and found out that they were #2500 and said they wouldn't stay on the wait list as it would take years to get tickets or something).

What amazed me was when they reopened the wait list, how quickly it refilled! Good to see!

As for movement... some STH's likely lost their tickets to practices that do not abide by their TPA or perhaps there were fights within ticket groups and maybe couldn't get the money to pay for this season and forfeited their deposit and tickets. There are many reasons for the movement.

I'm interested to see how much movement there will be after years 3, 4 and 5. I wonder how much of an increase the STH will see for the renewal of their tickets. One would figure it will be more than the 3% yearly increase we get now (per the team's guarantee of cost certainty).

KingSalamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 11:28 AM
civic204

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSalamon View Post
There are 8000 seats on the wait list. After the first season, TNSE had seats to sell to people who were on the list and offered to sell 'pairs' that were front-back as opposed to side by side seats. They managed to move a few hundred seats this way to waiting list people.

Of the 8000 seats, there were a little over 3000 people on the wait list. 2500 seats opened up (approx) for people as there was around 1000 people who opted out of the wait list. From reports from waiting list members here, it seems like the majority of the people who opted out are of the high number on the wait list. (Likely people got on the wait list and found out that they were #2500 and said they wouldn't stay on the wait list as it would take years to get tickets or something).
So at 3402, I'm actually near the end of the line. Makes sense. I'm in it for some of the perks and probably the long haul to see what happens in 2,3,4 years..

civic204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 11:44 AM
KingSalamon

The perks are awesome and will make up for the initial expense easily. The future payments are a little nest-egg that you build for the time when your seats are available so to me, it's a win-win.

3402 is likely near the end but I'm sure there will be some turnover after the initial TPA commitments are completed. Perhaps not a ton of turnover but there is bound to be some.

Now enjoy those perks! The Jets store discount is awesome... bought some stuff last season and look forward to getting my new card to buy some more this season (away jersey is calling me this year!).

Old
08-23-2012, 12:46 PM
complex

Last year I was number 2734 and now I have jumped up to 1924. I am quite happy that I have moved up so much. It makes the dream of season tickets in my lifetime somewhat realistic.

complex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 01:39 PM
hockeyarena

vCash: 1503
thx for posting this tip. Moved up 130 spots to 433. Will need to get lucky if i get seasons in 2013.

hockeyarena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 03:48 PM
sting13

Quote:
Originally Posted by complex View Post
Last year I was number 2734 and now I have jumped up to 1924. I am quite happy that I have moved up so much. It makes the dream of season tickets in my lifetime somewhat realistic.
Not to sound discouraging but I believe last year when people could not get
season tickets, they signed up for the wait list. Later they were able to join
a season ticket group and no longer need to be on the wait list. Thus dropping
out for this year.

I believe next year you will see a lot less people dropping off the list.

sting13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Tarks
True North

vCash: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic204 View Post
I'm 3402 and I just signed up this year!

Not too bad. I'm optimistic that I might have seasons within 5-10 years.
There are 8000 seats with approx 3500 people on the wait list. So you are near the back of the wait list line right now.

Tarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Toomuts

Went from #877 to #687, 190 spots not bad thought it would be less...

Good movement overall for the first year, next year it will slow down but in years 3-5 (2014-2016) you will see a lot of movement with the first years of the contracts up for renewal.

I believe once the long term committed people from the waiting list have moved into season ticket holders (like myself, once I'm they are mine till I die) then there will be very slow movement on the waiting list.

Exponential decaying curve, as you get closer the annual movement numbers will get smaller... I predict about 90-100 spot movement for myself next year

Toomuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 04:36 PM
CallADocPlease

I was one of the people who signed up this summer for the wait list and just got my e-mail notification.

Quote:
Dear CallADocPlease,

Thank you for your commitment to being a member on the Official Winnipeg Jets Wait List for the 2012-13 season. We have completed the process of renewing accounts and offering new Wait List spots that became available after the renewal period. As such we are pleased to announce that there are currently 3667 accounts which represent 8000 seats on the Winnipeg Jets Wait List.

This email is to inform you and confirm that your Official Winnipeg Jets Wait List priority is 2423 for your 2 wait list spot(s). You can also reference your Wait List priority online by logging in to your Winnipeg Jets account and clicking "view/edit settings", then "Manage My Personal Profile".

Please Note: 2423 represents the number of accounts ahead of you on the wait list and NOT the number of seats.

You will receive your official Winnipeg Jets Wait List membership card in the mail by Friday September 21st, 2013. Please ensure your current mailing address is up to date on your Winnipeg Jets account (email waitlist@winnipegjets.com if you need to make any changes). Present your card at any "Jets Gear: Powered by Reebok" Team Store located at MTS Centre, MTS Iceplex and St. Vital Mall to receive a 15% discount on regular priced merchandise.

Please watch for information regarding your pre-sale opportunity to purchase the Limited Edition Winnipeg Jets "First Season Book" prior to the general public on-sale.

We sincerely appreciate your support and look forward to an exciting season.

Yours Truly,

Linzy Jones
Director, Ticket Sales & Service
I believe I was one of the first people to register this summer, so looks like there are quite a few ahead of me. Looks like I will have time to finish school before I have tickets, which works great for me.

CallADocPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Roooski

I just signed up this year on the wait list as well. The email stated there is 3667 accounts for the 8000 seats. I ended up with 3384 so basically right at the back of the line.

The perks are not why I signed up however...I was able to see 6 games last year and could have saw way more if I wanted to attend as an individual. I was persistant with the seat exchange and game day seats and snagged my pairs that way. I signed up for the wait list this year and I am hopeful that in 5-10 years I will be able to get season tickets and take my children who will then be 6-12 years old. I could not find or get into any groups as it seemed that people were either just being greedy or probably already had a long list of family and friends that wanted in their groups. This seemed like my only opition at this point to be in the running for season tickets at some point in my life (fingers crossed).

Roooski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 05:49 PM
blues10

Quote:

I'm interested to see how much movement there will be after years 3, 4 and 5. I wonder how much of an increase the STH will see for the renewal of their tickets. One would figure it will be more than the 3% yearly increase we get now (per the team's guarantee of cost certainty).
I would not expect more than 3%. The Jets may raise prices in the Jets attack zone but that would be all I would expect. I would even think that that is highly unlikely as they would have priced the initial ticket offering as such.

As pointed out in the Jets BOH thread that 3% increase in ticket prices will already cause ticket prices to double every 24 years.

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 06:15 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Was mid 800's, moved up ~180 spots. Should be up after year 3 as I think the cheaper seats will be the ones with the highest turnover rate.

vBurmi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 06:36 PM
dhfromkw

2444 here. Went to 19 home games last year, hoping for more...

dhfromkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 08:57 AM
KingSalamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
I would not expect more than 3%. The Jets may raise prices in the Jets attack zone but that would be all I would expect. I would even think that that is highly unlikely as they would have priced the initial ticket offering as such.

As pointed out in the Jets BOH thread that 3% increase in ticket prices will already cause ticket prices to double every 24 years.
I don't see the attack zone being charged differently... that would mean the P6 and P7 levels would be scrapped and they would introduce more levels or something.

Now that 3% annual increase for me was only 2.78% this year (from $54 to $55.50 for my P6 ticket). Not bad at all. Year three projects to be $57 per ticket. Perhaps when the renewals come out, they may do a 5% increase for the renewal year and increase the price to $60? Just speculating on this and even then, it wouldn't be terrible.

Overall, my seat is awesome and I can't wait for the season to start.... please no lock out... please.

Old
08-24-2012, 12:27 PM
blues10

Quote:
I don't see the attack zone being charged differently... that would mean the P6 and P7 levels would be scrapped and they would introduce more levels or something.

Now that 3% annual increase for me was only 2.78% this year (from $54 to $55.50 for my P6 ticket). Not bad at all. Year three projects to be $57 per ticket. Perhaps when the renewals come out, they may do a 5% increase for the renewal year and increase the price to $60? Just speculating on this and even then, it wouldn't be terrible.

Overall, my seat is awesome and I can't wait for the season to start.... please no lock out... please.
Using these ticket numbers. My groups 4, P2 tickets would have increased $615.60 this season. As it starts compounding to year 5 and beyond3% would seem to be a reasonable increase.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/...urn=nhl,wp6121

All ticket levels would remain the same - P1-P7 - the only difference is that it would be P1 Jets "attack zone" -many teams in the NHL price their tickets this way.

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=80180

I have only looked at the Jets schedule for about 2 minutes since it came out. I am not very optimistic that the season will not have a disruption. I do hope that I am wrong.

Old
08-24-2012, 12:56 PM
KingSalamon

Ahh... P1 attack zone... gotcha.. yes I can see that possibility. I thought you meant the entire south end (both upper and lower bowl)

Old
08-24-2012, 02:09 PM
blues10

Quote:
Ahh... P1 attack zone... gotcha.. yes I can see that possibility. I thought you meant the entire south end (both upper and lower bowl)
P1 attack zone was only an example.I didn't word it very well.

They way that it would work is P1-P7 attack zone. Everything from the redline in where the Jets attack twice. This is how it is done with many teams across the league. Everyone in the building who gets to see the Jets "attack" twice pays more. Upper level and lower level.

Again, I would be very surprised to see this happen as it was not done in the initial ticket offering. However, it is certainly a way to increase gate revenues.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:22 PM
KingSalamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
P1 attack zone was only an example.I didn't word it very well.

They way that it would work is P1-P7 attack zone. Everything from the redline in where the Jets attack twice. This is how it is done with many teams across the league. Everyone in the building who gets to see the Jets "attack" twice pays more. Upper level and lower level.

Again, I would be very surprised to see this happen as it was not done in the initial ticket offering. However, it is certainly a way to increase gate revenues.
It wouldn't go over very well with me... when we made our selections, I wanted to get the best bang for my buck and selected the south end. If they changed the pricing after spending seasons there at the original price, I would be upset.

I'm sure if I took north end seats I would have had improved seating... although with having front row seats that may not be so true.

I guess we will cross that bridge if and when the time comes.

Old
08-24-2012, 05:39 PM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Well in a decade or two after the 22,000 seat arena is built I'm sittin pretty.

Reed Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 10:56 PM
blues10

Quote:
It wouldn't go over very well with me... when we made our selections, I wanted to get the best bang for my buck and selected the south end. If they changed the pricing after spending seasons there at the original price, I would be upset.

I'm sure if I took north end seats I would have had improved seating... although with having front row seats that may not be so true.

I guess we will cross that bridge if and when the time comes.
That is another ticket price increase option for the Jets. The Habs have upper level row 1 seats priced higher.

I don't expect anything other than 3% after the current TPA's expire.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=53049

Good luck to those on the waiting list. The perks are pretty good. STH were not invited to a practice last season.

Old
08-25-2012, 11:01 AM
KingSalamon

Hmm a different price for front row in the upper bowl may be in the plan and I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

One thing I know, the increases would get the wait list moving.

Old
08-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Shakey Rustie
2L

vCash: 1077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Solomon View Post
Me too bud

Shakey Rustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Ryan Giggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Solomon View Post

Don't be too surprised if a new building isn't in the cards within 10yrs.

The MTS centre isn't a great long term option.

Ryan Giggs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 03:46 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
1) we are not getting an arena for 30+ years
2) it wont be any bigger then it is now

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote