Zach Parise AND Ryan Suter (13 years, $7.5M Cap Hit) II

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2012, 12:29 AM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcduffz View Post
Since being here kovy has been the better goal scorer and better player. He lead the team in the playoffs while playing severly injured. Overall at first no one liked the kovy signing but after a season or two with the devils everyone is realizing this is more of kovys team then zachs. Not knocking parises skill but kovy has been the better player between the two and i would rather my team with kovy locked up more then parise. Kovy is on another class of skill, i aint knocking parise but kovy is a elite sniper.

I don't think you understand what the word accomplishments means. Cool, YOU think Kovy is better because he scores goals. However, that's not the only thing needed in a hockey team or player.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
This thread is ridiculous. NJ, grow the **** up.

Also,

Old
07-07-2012, 12:36 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwInS1095 View Post
To each and their own I guess. I'm not sure you would be saying that if the roles were reversed...however...your entitled to your opinion.
Not true.

Here is a post I made days BEFORE the Wild signed Parise.

The fact is, MOST Devils fans didnt think Parise was worth the contract figures being tossed around, and this was BEFORE Parise left the Devils for Minnesota. The below post was on a discussion on the Devils board about Parise's worth being overinflated.

I've altered nothing from the original post, included the parts I bolded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post

Look, the brutal truth is that as serious Devils fans, probably 1/2 of the posters here have watched nearly EVERY game of Zach Parise's career.

It puts us casual fans in the odd position of being something of "Parise experts", even more so than the GM's of 29 NHL teams and their scouts.

And yet, almost everyone here is admitting that while they want Zach to stay, that they think he's:

A) a little
B) a decent bit
C) a lot

OVERRATED.

And lump me in with the people that really want him to stay, but at the end of the day, the non-emotional truth is that as solid of a player as he is, this may be one of those times when the "winner" ends up the "loser".

Hell, I'm not even sure Parise is the same player he was before the injury (or if he ever will be again).
So people can have a rational discussion, but please dont say, "oh, you're just saying this because he's not a Devil any more", because as the above post shows, it's not true.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:37 AM
Dr Jan Itor

Yes, it's an overpayment. Yes, we are comfortable with it.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:39 AM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
Yes, it's an overpayment. Yes, we are comfortable with it.
It's remarkable how concerned other fans are about money that isn't being spent by their team.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:40 AM
mcduffz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwhitenorth View Post

He was your captain, which suggests intangibles that 17 might be lacking.
The reason why parise was captain over kovalchucl is because kovy has only been here for a brief period time while zach has paid his dues. What makes parise a great captain is that he has tons of heart, work ethic and leads by his performance. Now if kovy was made captain over parise there would of been 0 chance parise resigns. It would of been a slap in the face. Now that parise is gone I still dont think kovy will be captain just for the fact he has not been here long. In a few years from now I fully expect kovy to be captain of this team and he is fuly capable. Kovy leads the team by being the best player on the ice. He has tons of heart and really cares about this team. He is very willing to learn to make himself a more complete player. He fits the devils mold to a
T. Kovy has much more intangibles that parise does not have. Kovalchuck is truely a special player. People who think hes a lazy russian and isnt a team guy first is completly wrong. Everyone was concerned about his signing because they questioned him but since being here he has shut everyone up and no one is complaining.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:41 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
This thread is ridiculous. NJ, grow the **** up.

Also,

No... THIS Thread is ridiculous!

Old
07-07-2012, 12:44 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

To be completely honest NONE of these players are worth the kind of money they receive, these contracts these athletes are getting now are crazy! But hey it's not my dime, these owners seem to think it's worth it, or they wouldn't be offering these massive contracts. I just watch the games, and Parise is most welcome to be playing back home where he belongs. Suter too!

Looking forward to seeing them play for us, whether you other fans like it or not.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:44 AM
mcduffz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
I don't think you understand what the word accomplishments means. Cool, YOU think Kovy is better because he scores goals. However, that's not the only thing needed in a hockey team or player.
You obviously have not watches kovy because he is much more then a goal scorer. He has tons of heart, works his butt off every single game, and has transformed his game to learn defence. He fits the devils mold to a T. He has so much heart when he makes a mistake and the devils lose because of it he becomes depressed. Kovy has adapted to become a more comPlete player and hussles real hard. The fact he played through a severe injury in the playoffs shows how much pride and heart he has.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Or this thread.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1226089

Old
07-07-2012, 12:45 AM
J22

Quote:
The reason why parise was captain over kovalchucl is because kovy has only been here for a brief period time while zach has paid his dues. What makes parise a great captain is that he has tons of heart, work ethic and leads by his performance. Now if kovy was made captain over parise there would of been 0 chance parise resigns. It would of been a slap in the face. Now that parise is gone I still dont think kovy will be captain just for the fact he has not been here long. In a few years from now I fully expect kovy to be captain of this team and he is fuly capable. Kovy leads the team by being the best player on the ice. He has tons of heart and really cares about this team. He is very willing to learn to make himself a more complete player. He fits the devils mold to a
T. Kovy has much more intangibles that parise does not have. Kovalchuck is truely a special player. People who think hes a lazy russian and isnt a team guy first is completly wrong. Everyone was concerned about his signing because they questioned him but since being here he has shut everyone up and no one is complaining.
So, Kovy is a much better leader than Parise and should've been the captain, but they couldnt do that out of respect to Parise. But, now that Parise is gone Kovy still wont be the captain?

Old
07-07-2012, 12:46 AM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakkmantis View Post
Speaking of that thread, do not post there.

Just a strong advice.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:47 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Anybody else getting a headache over all this? lol

Old
07-07-2012, 12:47 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post

Just a strong advice.
Couldn't pay me too dude, lol

Well maybe you could for 98 mill over 13 years.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:49 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Meh... reminds me of the blind irrational hate many spewed Gaborik when he left too...

Old
07-07-2012, 12:51 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:

Just a strong advice.
Yeah, I think that's a given considering it's on the Devil's board. The one on the main board I mentioned is open season as the Devils fans are quickly finding themselves on an island there.

Old
ckyrckr

I hope they prove them all wrong. Just saying.

Old
J22

Quote:

Just a strong advice.
That thread just proves how happy Devils fans are that they lucked out in not getting stuck with Parise and his contract.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:52 AM
mcduffz

Quote:
Originally Posted by J22 View Post
So, Kovy is a much better leader than Parise and should've been the captain, but they couldnt do that out of respect to Parise. But, now that Parise is gone Kovy still wont be the captain?
He might be named the captain but the reason he probably won't be because there someone named elias who has been with the team forever and has earned the C. Kovy just hasn't been here long enough to wear the C over someone like elias. Its not because he is a bad leader but when someone has spent their career with the devils and is a devils lifer and is a proven vet just coming off a great season I think out of loyalty he shouls get the C.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:53 AM
J22

Quote:
He might be named the captain but the reason he probably won't be because there someone named elias who has been with the team forever and has earned the C. Kovy just hasn't been here long enough to wear the C over someone like elias. Its not because he is a bad leader but when someone has spent their career with the devils and is a devils lifer and is a proven vet just coming off a great season I think out of loyalty he shouls get the C.
Wasnt Elias there before Parise arrived?

Old
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
And I assume the reason Elias didn't get it last year is because they wanted to give it Zach so he'd have a harder time bolting?

Old
IronRangeHockey

Quote:

And ppl wonder why he wanted to raise his family in MN? That hate is over the top!

Old
07-07-2012, 12:54 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Meh... reminds me of the blind irrational hate many spewed Gaborik when he left too...
Wanna know something? Although it was awful he left like he did, and we got nothing for it, I still wasn't that pissed. After Gaborik pulling that crap with us not wanting to play, and faking that eternally pulled groin stunt with us for as long as he did. I was sort of like good riddance!

I've been around the block long enough to know that these things happen in sports. I don't let crap like losing a player ruin my day. I got more important things to worry about. We moved on as a team. Yes it probably set us back a bit, but look at what we are about to be as a team, with such a great pool of talent ready to bust loose!

Old
07-07-2012, 12:56 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

The venom coming out of NJ is just crazy right now.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:01 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
The venom coming out of NJ is just crazy right now.
It spilled out over to here earlier tonight. Sheesh

Closed Thread