Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2012, 01:01 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRangeHockey View Post
And ppl wonder why he wanted to raise his family in MN? That hate is over the top!
Seriously? Were you not a Wild fan when Gaborik left? Pretty much the same thing. Irrational and misdirected hate.

Our fans can do it just as well as Jersey.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:02 AM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcduffz View Post
He might be named the captain but the reason he probably won't be because there someone named elias who has been with the team forever and has earned the C. Kovy just hasn't been here long enough to wear the C over someone like elias. Its not because he is a bad leader but when someone has spent their career with the devils and is a devils lifer and is a proven vet just coming off a great season I think out of loyalty he shouls get the C.
Your posts are so hard to read. Take some time and make coherent thoughts with proper spelling and sentences, please. I'd like to debate things with you but with these poorly thought out and formatted posts it makes my eyes bleed.

Old
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
And I assume the reason Elias didn't get it last year is because they wanted to give it Zach so he'd have a harder time bolting?
Exactly; it was a carrot, as Elias was the obvious choice given his age, resume, and experience.

Elias actually was the Captain before that idiot Sutter demoted him for Jamie Langenbrunner (which turned out to be a trainwreck decision).

Old
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakkmantis View Post
Wanna know something? Although it was awful he left like he did, and we got nothing for it, I still wasn't that pissed. After Gaborik pulling that crap with us not wanting to play, and faking that eternally pulled groin stunt with us for as long as he did. I was sort of like good riddance!

I've been around the block long enough to know that these things happen in sports. I don't let crap like losing a player ruin my day. I got more important things to worry about. We moved on as a team. Yes it probably set us back a bit, but look at what we are about to be as a team, with such a great pool of talent ready to bust loose!
Gaborik wasn't faking anything.. but yeah. I wasn't mad at Gaborik at all... I was mad at Risebrough.

In fact, I'm still a huge Gaborik fan.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:03 AM
BuddyMcCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Seriously? Were you not a Wild fan when Gaborik left? Pretty much the same thing. Irrational and misdirected hate.

Our fans can do it just as well as Jersey.
I think the difference is, we acknowledged Gaborik's skill. However he definitely proved us somewhat wrong in his overall health.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:03 AM
TwInS1095

vCash: 1760
Just a question this is off topic, but why is our board so much smaller (members and post-wise) than a lot of the other boards. I mean I know were not as big as some other hockey markets, but I'd think we would have more members. (I know the board has grown a lot and it's improving. If this has been addressed I'm sorry.)

Old
07-07-2012, 01:06 AM
mcduffz

Quote:
Originally Posted by J22 View Post
Wasnt Elias there before Parise arrived?
Yes but parise signed a 1 year deal so they gave it to zach to it would entice him to stay on the devils because he would be their captain making it a little harder for him to bolt. Also elias didnt get it because he has openly said he doesn't like being the captain because it puts too much responsibily and pressue on him but said if he was handed the C would not decline.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:06 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Gaborik wasn't faking anything.. but yeah. I wasn't mad at Gaborik at all... I was mad at Risebrough.

In fact, I'm still a huge Gaborik fan.
You sir are entitled to your opinion, my opinion was and still is he was faking.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:07 AM
BuddyMcCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwInS1095 View Post
Just a question this is off topic, but why is our board so much smaller (members and post-wise) than a lot of the other boards. I mean I know were not as big as some other hockey markets, but I'd think we would have more members. (I know the board has grown a lot and it's improving. If this has been addressed I'm sorry.)
Great things come in small packages.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:08 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
I think the difference is, we acknowledged Gaborik's skill. However he definitely proved us somewhat wrong in his overall health.
Not really a difference in the mob mentality... many found a way to reason the good riddance that they didn't want him... yadda yadda even though everyone knew this team was going no where without him etc.

I can't count how many times I heard people at the X talking about how glad they were that Gaborik was gone, even though that set our franchise back 5yrs MINIMUM!

The mob of every fanbase gets irrational in these situations... we did it then, the Devils fans are doing it now.

Quote:
You sir are entitled to your opinion, my opinion was and still is he was faking.
A factual degenerative medical defect is not opinion... just for the record. That was a very real thing. He had to have surgery to correct it... as that was the cause of his groin problems.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:08 AM
Greatwhitenorth

I get they're pissed. Really I do.

In stereo.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:10 AM
J22

Quote:
Not really a difference in the mob mentality... many found a way to reason the good riddance that they didn't want him... yadda yadda even though everyone knew this team was going no where without him etc.

I can't count how many times I heard people at the X talking about how glad they were that Gaborik was gone, even though that set our franchise back 5yrs MINIMUM!

The mob of every fanbase gets irrational in these situations... we did it then, the Devils fans are doing it now.
The best thing to ever happen to this franchise was Gaborik leaving.

The worst thing to ever happen to this franchise was not proper value for him before he left.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:12 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Personally I don't think many folks even know about this board. I found it on accident when I did. Before that I never heard of this board before.

Also, we haven't had much success yet as a team, and haven't been around too long to even have success. Who wants to come talk on a hockey board where there isn't a lot of positive things to talk about, and all you do it get insulted by fans of more established teams? Anyway, that's beginning to change, and our team is about to turn a serious corner.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:12 AM
mnwildgophers

I don't blame many other fans for being angry at Suter or Parise for choosing different teams, and to be honest, I think most of us around here thought that getting both of them was the longest long shot of all the long shots. The magnitude of these signings has been felt everywhere.

Yeah, it sucks. I think you guys should boo him as essentially picked Minnesota over New Jersey. I don't blame them for that, but to say if it was about winning, he wouldn't have picked here is where they're wrong. We have a top 5 prospect pool if not the best one in the NHL. We have a lot of young guys on the roster already that have been playing for a few years. Our team actually looks like a legitimate NHL team. While I don't think that we'll be a cup winner next year, we should make the playoffs. We should challenge for the division every year.

The deals are long. We know what we got ourselves into here, but the window of opportunity will last a long time now that we have a #1 C, #1 winger, and a #1-#2 defenseman locked up for at least another 6-7 years. We have a stable goalie situation in regards to prospects and NHL starters. We are in a good spot, and that's why were able to land these guys. We have cap coming off after this year to maintain flexibility and fill where we think we need it, or hand over the reins to a couple of young guys who have hopefully begun to mature and learn how each other plays in the minors.

The Wild may have been the laughingstock of the league for the last couple of years, but we are going to be a force to be reckoned with. This signing proves it even more of what people think of our prospect pool around the league. We are in good shape.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:13 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
The best thing to ever happen to this franchise was Gaborik leaving.

The worst thing to ever happen to this franchise was not proper value for him before he left.
The best thing to happen to this franchise was Risebrough getting fired for not getting Gaborik locked up on a long term deal.

The worst thing that happened to this franchise was not getting Fletcher in here sooner so Risebrough could not have made that last mistake of not even getting anything of value in return for Gaborik.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:16 AM
J22

Quote:
The best thing to happen to this franchise was Risebrough getting fired for not getting Gaborik locked up on a long term deal.

The worst thing that happened to this franchise was not getting Fletcher in here sooner so Risebrough could not have made that last mistake of not even getting anything of value in return for Gaborik.
I should have qualified my statements as "during the Risebrough era"

Old
07-07-2012, 01:17 AM
Greatwhitenorth

Quote:
Personally I don't think many folks even know about this board. I found it on accident when I did. Before that I never heard of this board before.

Also, we haven't had much success yet as a team, and haven't been around too long to even have success. Who wants to come talk on a hockey board where there isn't a lot of positive things to talk about, and all you do it get insulted by fans of more established teams? Anyway, that's beginning to change, and our team is about to turn a serious corner.
Twitter has been a game changer IMHO. Many are already there and see that as the perfect medium for quick exchanges and thus no need to come aboard a message board; especially younger fans.

Me, I'm wordy, and although on Twitter, I prefer expanding on my thoughts.

I've also been on other boards in the past, one that was so rigidly moderated that I have been out of the practice for some time.

Thus an explanation for my low-cred post count.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:18 AM
ckyrckr

I look at it like this. We are finally hated because we have big boy pants on. We actually lured players here!

Old
07-07-2012, 01:18 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
I should have qualified my statements as "during the Risebrough era"
I will never agree with any statement that losing Gaborik was a good thing, unless it's qualified with the fact that Risebrough was fired because of it.

Gaborik is a scorer like this team has not seen before or since. You guys want to talk about a team that couldn't afford to throw away scorers like Latendresse, yet you think it's GREAT to lose even a BETTER scorer like Gaborik?

NO WAY IN HELL!

Old
07-07-2012, 01:20 AM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Thread locked and it's about time. That was the dumbest thread of all time. I'm never venturing out of this team forum again. Nowhere in your rambling incoherent response were you close to anything that could be considered a rational thought, I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:22 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Yeah, surprised the thread went on with as much irrationality as it did for as long as it did. By the time the Devils fans simply got tired of fighting the common sense in the thread, and everyone stopped responding... 20mins later a mod closes it...

Old
07-07-2012, 01:23 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwhitenorth View Post
Twitter has been a game changer IMHO. Many are already there and see that as the perfect medium for quick exchanges and thus no need to come aboard a message board; especially younger fans.

Me, I'm wordy, and although on Twitter, I prefer expanding on my thoughts.

I've also been on other boards in the past, one that was so rigidly moderated that I have been out of the practice for some time.

Thus an explanation for my low-cred post count.
This board gets modded a little too crazy also in my opinion, since joining there has been 2-3 times I got pissed off at threads being moved, shut down, or posts deleted, so I leave for 6 months, then find myself wandering back. I love talking hockey, but I hate censorship even more.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:25 AM
J22

Quote:
I will never agree with any statement that losing Gaborik was a good thing, unless it's qualified with the fact that Risebrough was fired because of it.

Gaborik is a scorer like this team has not seen before or since. You guys want to talk about a team that couldn't afford to throw away scorers like Latendresse, yet you think it's GREAT to lose even a BETTER scorer like Gaborik?

NO WAY IN HELL!
Way too soft and injury prone to sign long term, especially at the numbers DR offered at the time

Old
07-07-2012, 01:31 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Way too soft and injury prone to sign long term, especially at the numbers DR offered at the time
Yeah, who needs a 3 time 40+ goal scorer...7 time 30+ goal scorer?

You will never convince me no matter how much you've convinced yourself.

It was flat out a mistake... but we've moved on and have rebuilt back to playoff contention at least... even though we're not exactly in position to take the division title quite yet as we did before he left.

We still have another year or two of work before we're truly legit contenders like we were on the cusp of being before he left.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:38 AM
J22

Quote:
Yeah, who needs a 3 time 40+ goal scorer...7 time 30+ goal scorer?

You will never convince me no matter how much you've convinced yourself.

It was flat out a mistake... but we've moved on and have rebuilt back to playoff contention at least... even though we're not exactly in position to take the division title quite yet as we did before he left.

We still have another year or two of work before we're truly legit contenders like we were on the cusp of being before he left.
Zero grit, zero leadership. Gabby is a great talent but is the last guy I would want to build a team around.

Would I take him on my team? yes. Would I pay him 8M per on a long term deal? no *** chance

Closed Thread