HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Arizona Sports Thread II: DBacks, Cardinals, Suns, Wildcats, Sun Devils, etc

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2013, 01:47 PM
gra
Custom User Title

vCash: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeister View Post
As an out of town football team who roots for the Cards when they don't play the Rams, I'm glad they fired Wiz. I still have hope in Kolb, as the Cards were 4-1 with him playing, and they beat some good teams. If they don't take one of the O-Linemen in the first round, they're done. That's a huge need and not addressing it with that pick would be a dumb move.

Already excited for next season.
The Cardinals won those games more with luck and the defense playing out of their minds. Kolb and Skelton are not the solution and seeing that the draft is more defense heavy, we may not even get who we need in the draft if the other teams ahead of the Cards pick up the best O-line guys available and Larry Fits manages to still call the shots on who the team should go after in the draft should such players are still available when the Cards go on the clock.

Old
01-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Naurutger

vCash: 1454
Tim Ring (@timring3TV)
I am reporting the Cardinals are very close to a deal with Andy Reid to become the team's next head coach.

Old
01-01-2013, 02:53 PM
doaner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Tim Ring (@timring3TV)
I am reporting the Cardinals are very close to a deal with Andy Reid to become the team's next head coach.
Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
01-01-2013, 03:01 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Really? Yuck.

Old
01-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Naurutger

Brad Childress will probably be the OC. Kolb will be the starter for sure. Andy's master plan all along?

Old
01-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Andy Reid is not at all a bad coach, don't know why people are upset with this. We need offense, he's a coordinator.

With that said, i think i would've preferred Lovie Smith.

Old
01-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

I don't know about Kolb being the starter either..i think there is a chance Alex Smith comes to AZ now that Kappernick (sp?) is looking to be their new starter.

Old
01-01-2013, 04:26 PM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Andy Reid is not at all a bad coach, don't know why people are upset with this. We need offense, he's a coordinator.

It means that we lose Horton, who is probably the best D coordinator in the league. At last check, the talent was all on the defensive side of the ball. Doesn't make sense to bring in Reid.

Old
01-01-2013, 06:19 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post

There is a reason he was fired. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember the eagles lighting it up on the offensive numbers.

I like what another poster said and grab a college coach. Throw a ridiculous amount of money at Saban. That's my idea!

Old
01-01-2013, 06:27 PM
gra
Custom User Title

My fear is if they bring in Reid they will also bring in Vick. I didn't mind Vick early on in order to give him a 2nd chance but the guy is done. It also means they will keep Kolb. I'd rather sign the Oregon Head Coach instead.

Old
01-01-2013, 06:54 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:
Kolb will be the starter for sure.
I think that was pretty much a given regardless of who was brought in. At least initially. If he can actually stay healthy he's an improvement over the Skelton/random crap freakshow. Not seeing them address the QB position this off season, and there isn't much out there anyway.

Old
01-01-2013, 08:53 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
There is a reason he was fired. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember the eagles lighting it up on the offensive numbers.

I like what another poster said and grab a college coach. Throw a ridiculous amount of money at Saban. That's my idea!
Saban was a disaster in his NFL stint. The guy's the ultimate mercenary coach always looking for the next bigger paycheck.

Old
01-01-2013, 09:01 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
It means that we lose Horton, who is probably the best D coordinator in the league. At last check, the talent was all on the defensive side of the ball. Doesn't make sense to bring in Reid.
Lovie Smith had all the talent on the defensive side and it didn't help him keep his job.

Bring in Andy as HC and try to keep Ray and if Ray leaves for a HC job elsewhere bring Lovie in to be DC and pay him HC money if you have to to get him. Show the fans you're going to try and be successful.

But the Cards need 3 quarterbacks - especially if Kolb is one of them - he gets injured so often they'll need 2 guys who can start in the NFL to back him up. And Skelton and Lindley aren't NFL starters - well except on a team like the Cardinals of which there is only one.

Add: I don't want Vick brought in here either.

Old
01-02-2013, 12:08 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post

Saban destroyed the Dolphins, and they are just now coming back from his failures as a coach. You don't want him.

Old
01-02-2013, 12:09 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesreign View Post
Lovie Smith had all the talent on the defensive side and it didn't help him keep his job.

Bring in Andy as HC and try to keep Ray and if Ray leaves for a HC job elsewhere bring Lovie in to be DC and pay him HC money if you have to to get him. Show the fans you're going to try and be successful.

But the Cards need 3 quarterbacks - especially if Kolb is one of them - he gets injured so often they'll need 2 guys who can start in the NFL to back him up. And Skelton and Lindley aren't NFL starters - well except on a team like the Cardinals of which there is only one.

Add: I don't want Vick brought in here either.
Not to mention one of the best running backs in the league when Forte would stay healthy. That dude could carry an offense.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:20 AM
awfulwaffle

Anyone else going to the Fiesta Bowl? I'm on a roll lately, it's too bad the BCS championship isn't here, because I'd probably get tickets to that lol.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Naurutger

And now Schefter is saying Reid to KC is likely. Good ole Cards have asked Pitt to interview...Todd Haley.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:20 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
And now Schefter is saying Reid to KC is likely. Good ole Cards have asked Pitt to interview...Todd Haley.
LOL, that would be funny to see the Cardinals get Haley who coached a team worse than the Cardinals.

I mean hell, Haley had what, 4 pro bowlers and still wound up with the #1 draft pick?

Old
01-03-2013, 10:48 AM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Sadly I think Haley's been their #1 target all along.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:08 PM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
LOL, that would be funny to see the Cardinals get Haley who coached a team worse than the Cardinals.

I mean hell, Haley had what, 4 pro bowlers and still wound up with the #1 draft pick?
Yeah, except none of that happened. Romeo Crennel was the coach in KC this year.

I don't like him. He's an idiot, and tends to yell at players far too much. I'm guessing the Cardinals think a Horton-Haley combo will be good enough. Typical.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:52 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Yeah, except none of that happened. Romeo Crennel was the coach in KC this year.

I don't like him. He's an idiot, and tends to yell at players far too much. I'm guessing the Cardinals think a Horton-Haley combo will be good enough. Typical.
Yeah, I found that out after I posted that. He was the OC in Pitt this year right? I look like an idiot. But I don't care, Cardinals don't matter to me lol.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Naurutger

If anyone wants the presale code for dbacks spring training tixs its MLBAM....tomorrow is the regular on sale time....hopefully I wont be going to many baseball games if hockey can get into gear. Camelback Ranch's is...COYOTES.

Old
01-05-2013, 06:46 PM
gra
Custom User Title

The Wildcats Mens Basketball survives 2 big scares this week vs Colorado and Utah. I would be shocked if they are undefeated heading into the Pac-12 tourney that in now in Vegas.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Naurutger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
The Wildcats Mens Basketball survives 2 big scares this week vs Colorado and Utah. I would be shocked if they are undefeated heading into the Pac-12 tourney that in now in Vegas.
I think it would add too much pressure to them. I think they lose at Oregon, Colorado, and one of the Washingtons. Still on the bubble of hitting up Vegas. Missed on a deal were you could buy each session for 12 bucks each...

Old
01-07-2013, 11:22 PM
gra
Custom User Title

UA football's Ka'deem Carey to be charged after domestic-violence incident

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/ua/a...-incident.html

Closed Thread