HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Arizona Sports Thread II: DBacks, Cardinals, Suns, Wildcats, Sun Devils, etc

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2013, 11:04 PM
  #651
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 7,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Fact. I am going to the championship game in Vegas too.
Very nice, I'm a bit jealous. I think it's great they moved it to Vegas instead of having it in LA. Where in Vegas is it going to be by the way? UNLV?

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 11:08 PM
  #652
gra
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 27,242
vCash: 466
MGM Grand and it is a shame we couldn't get the Pac-12 torney played at Jobing.com Arena.

gra is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 11:16 PM
  #653
Naurutger
Registered User
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,713
vCash: 1454
Like AP said but they also have the Mountain West tourney at UNLV and the WCC or WAC tourney at the Orleans I think. ..could have that all messed up but I know there are 2 other ones there that day.

Naurutger is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 12:01 AM
  #654
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 7,822
vCash: 500
MGM Grand on the strip, should be good crowds for the games then since it's on the strip.

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 05:49 PM
  #655
Dirty Old Man
Attendance Bashee
 
Dirty Old Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ...yup, still in AZ.
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 500
SO with the airline merger, are we going to have yet another American Airlines Arena/Center/Stadium/? downtown soon?

Dirty Old Man is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 05:59 PM
  #656
XX
Avoiding the Cap
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Since 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 34,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyOldMan View Post
SO with the airline merger, are we going to have yet another American Airlines Arena/Center/Stadium/? downtown soon?
No. And actually, U.S. Airways will be moving their headquarters to Texas, from what I've read. So the merger isn't a good thing for Phoenix.

XX is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 09:00 PM
  #657
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey
 
mouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Mountain
Posts: 13,377
vCash: 500
From what I understand the naming rights deal has another decade to go. Believe it was signed in 1992 for 30 years at slightly under $1m per year.

Given the current going rates on stadium naming rights I doubt AA just gives it up.

mouser is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 12:42 AM
  #658
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 7,822
vCash: 500
Arizona loses to Colorado, badly.

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 12:58 AM
  #659
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 47,359
vCash: 500
Good to see Doan run away with the gold in Jared Dudley's First Annual Superstar Challenge. Shane laid to waste the likes of Ian Kennedy, Jared Dudley, Diana Taurasi and Bertand Berry.

Grats, Cappy!

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 01:04 AM
  #660
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 7,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Good to see Doan run away with the gold in Jared Dudley's First Annual Superstar Challenge. Shane laid to waste the likes of Ian Kennedy, Jared Dudley, Diana Taurasi and Bertand Berry.

Grats, Cappy!
I wonder if Adrian Wilson was involved if it would be closer, because when I think of the Cardinals, I think of him, or Larry Fitzgerald, players that have stuck with the Cardinals for a long tie.

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 09:32 AM
  #661
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 47,359
vCash: 500
Meh, cantaloupe toss, clossest to the pin frizbee, clossest to the pin pitching wedge, soccer kick accuracy, egg toss, corn hole, and the other "leisure" activities might've suited Fitz better than Berry, but let's face it, Doan is running away with it anyway. Soccer? Golf? Yeah, he's not getting beat there.

rt is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:35 PM
  #662
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 7,822
vCash: 500
ASU sneaks out a victory against Colorado. Not that it matters much, they pretty much have to win the Pac-12 tournament to get to the NCAA tournament. Still like to be successful though.

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 04:43 PM
  #663
Naurutger
Registered User
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,713
vCash: 1454
Arizona struggles again against a terrible team but wins. One loss against these high rpi Washington schools and I think a 2 seed is out of the question.

Naurutger is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 10:54 PM
  #664
Naurutger
Registered User
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,713
vCash: 1454
Gotta love a 9pm start time for ths Cats tonight. ...in Tucson.

Naurutger is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 11:26 PM
  #665
Naurutger
Registered User
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,713
vCash: 1454
I see the Suns plan to win by getting all twins on their team to confuse the other teams on who to guard.

Naurutger is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 04:20 PM
  #666
Naurutger
Registered User
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,713
vCash: 1454
Cats beat up WSU and Skaggs and David gave up a lot of runs in the Dbacks spring opener.

Naurutger is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 02:49 PM
  #667
SniperHF
Global Moderator
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 17,145
vCash: 500
FYI, Dbacks Angels is on the MLB network at 2:00.

SniperHF is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 04:54 PM
  #668
RABBIT
Captain Cook
 
RABBIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,910
vCash: 500
Cards possibly closing in on deal for Alex Smith from San Fransisco?

I like it if true, good upgrade to Kolb, and Arians seems to be good with QB's

http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/ke...ck-alex-smith/

RABBIT is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 05:39 PM
  #669
Naurutger
Registered User
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,713
vCash: 1454
9ers fan here. Compare Kolbs stats to Smiths and they are comparable. Smith has never been able to go deep and needs a strong running game with a short passing game to be successful. Arians relies on a deep passing game so I doubt Smith will work but if it gets the 9ers a second round pick in 2014...go for it. Just hate to see him end his career on a low note. I still rank his top spots as KC then Cleveland followed by Jacksonville.

Naurutger is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 06:00 PM
  #670
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
No. And actually, U.S. Airways will be moving their headquarters to Texas, from what I've read. So the merger isn't a good thing for Phoenix.
BUT, US Airways just signed a 5 year lease on the high rise HQ offices in Tempe. Lots of jobs will remain in PHX and Sky Harbor will still be a primary hub for the new AA. We'll lose <1,000 jobs in PHX.

AZviaNJ is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 06:02 PM
  #671
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
I see the Suns plan to win by getting all twins on their team to confuse the other teams on who to guard.
Unless Lebron or Durant have a twin this is seemingly a brilliant move that assures the Suns of getting into the top 3 slots of the Draft Lottery.

AZviaNJ is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 06:05 PM
  #672
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
9ers fan here. Compare Kolbs stats to Smiths and they are comparable. Smith has never been able to go deep and needs a strong running game with a short passing game to be successful. Arians relies on a deep passing game so I doubt Smith will work but if it gets the 9ers a second round pick in 2014...go for it. Just hate to see him end his career on a low note. I still rank his top spots as KC then Cleveland followed by Jacksonville.
As a fellow 49er fan and secondary Cardinal fan.........SF should jump all over this trade for a likely top 40 pick in 2014 (they're going to have about 14 picks in this draft....so waiting for 2014 is smart). For the Cardinals, important to realize that the Niner OL is not coming with Alex.

AZviaNJ is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 06:17 PM
  #673
XX
Avoiding the Cap
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Since 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 34,120
vCash: 500
Kolb is not a gamer. He's a total weenie. It doesn't help that the Cards have the worst line in the league, but he certainly does nothing to endear himself to the team and the fans. When Brian Hoyer shows up off waivers and looks better than you, you have to go. This is not some young guy with great potential we are talking about. He isn't suddenly going to get better.

Alex Smith can ball. I like that he wasn't happy about sitting. But I wouldn't give up a 2nd this year. They need to take OT Eric Fisher @7 and then see which QB they like best in the 2nd.

If the Chiefs get Smith, they will take Joeckel @1 and there's no one who really needs a QB until the Cardinals. So you could have Alex Smith and a great lineman, or Geno Smith (he can throw it deep) and keep whatever you planned to give up.

I'd go with Geno.

XX is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 07:05 PM
  #674
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Kolb is not a gamer. He's a total weenie. It doesn't help that the Cards have the worst line in the league, but he certainly does nothing to endear himself to the team and the fans. When Brian Hoyer shows up off waivers and looks better than you, you have to go. This is not some young guy with great potential we are talking about. He isn't suddenly going to get better.

Alex Smith can ball. I like that he wasn't happy about sitting. But I wouldn't give up a 2nd this year. They need to take OT Eric Fisher @7 and then see which QB they like best in the 2nd.

If the Chiefs get Smith, they will take Joeckel @1 and there's no one who really needs a QB until the Cardinals. So you could have Alex Smith and a great lineman, or Geno Smith (he can throw it deep) and keep whatever you planned to give up.

I'd go with Geno.
Hard to believe any team is going to waste a Top 15 pick on a QB in this draft...if there was a question before there should be none now after the past week in Indy. Fisher would be a terrific/wise pick, if was the Cardinals I would then pick Warford/G from Kentucky in Rd 2......absolute stud....and now you've built the foundation of a strong OL, 3rd round take your shot at QB like Bray, Renfree, etc. Not sure the #7 or #8 QB is much different than #1 or #2.

AZviaNJ is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 07:14 PM
  #675
XX
Avoiding the Cap
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Since 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 34,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZviaNJ View Post
Hard to believe any team is going to waste a Top 15 pick on a QB in this draft...if there was a question before there should be none now after the past week in Indy.
I disagree. Geno did nothing to hurt his status and looked great. He was putting up RG3 numbers before his team faded down the stretch. I happened to have that WV-Baylor game on and he looked ridiculously good. If Arians, a noted QB developer, thinks he can coax more of that out of Smith, you can't pass on him. Some mocks have Joeckel and Fisher going before #7 after Fisher's impressive workout, so a team may force the Cardinals into taking Geno.

About the worst thing they could do is take Barkley at 7 or in the 2nd. He can't throw for ****, isn't mobile and has some questions surrounding him.

I'd take Geno and cut Kolb just to bury the past a little more. They need to distance themselves from that disgraceful period.

XX is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.