Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 04:39 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan001 View Post
Nothing against Spooner, I think he has a ton of potential but he hasn't proved himself yet.
I listed the 5 centers on the NHL roster and the best center prospect. I don't think Spooner makes the team this year at C, whether Krejci is there or not, was merely listing him as part of the B's "depth" at the position.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Shaun

If necessary Stevenson can play Center too.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Personally, I prefer having both, its called depth.
Center depth: Bergeron, Krejci, Seguin, Kelly, Peverly, Campbell, Spooner.

Bruins have plenty of center depth and can afford to trade one for a top end winger. They have little to no depth there.

EDIT: yea what GD said.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Ya, I think that might have had something to do with Horton missing half the year

Bergeron had sick line mates, I'd argue they were the best second line in the NHL
Except they were a 1st line. But the sentiment stands.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Lord Ahriman

IMO, Krejci for Ryan is lateral move to the Ducks. They need a center to play alongside Ryan, not trading him to get one.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:43 PM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post
IMO, Krejci for Ryan is lateral move to the Ducks. They need a center to play alongside Ryan, not trading him to get one.
You may feel that way, but ANA has gone on record as saying they need to add a #2 C, and Ryan has been mentioned prominently in trade talks.

You have to give to get.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:44 PM
bruinsfan001

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
I listed the 5 centers on the NHL roster and the best center prospect. I don't think Spooner makes the team this year at C, whether Krejci is there or not, was merely listing him as part of the B's "depth" at the position.
Ok fair enough. However, I would think that if Spooner did make the team he's slotted at wing, based off the current roster, which I wouldn't mind...just saying.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
You may feel that way, but ANA has gone on record as saying they need to add a #2 C, and Ryan has been mentioned prominently in trade talks.

You have to give to get.
I agree, but they can get someone just paying prospects or picks.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
LA, I don't even think the Ducks have legit trade options to afford to give up the assets to get the second line center they want without parting with Ryan.

Ryan has been in talks over the past few months about possibly being traded and it has been that he has been rumored to be traded for quite some time now.

Bad formula when you got a GM that has been pretty much been trying to trade you for the past year and the player knows it and doesn't want to play there anymore. I can't see Ryan in a Ducks uniform this upcoming season.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:48 PM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
I agree, but they can get someone just paying prospects or picks.
Most teams, that are not the B's, don't have the depth at C to give up a legit #2 C and not get one in return. For me, that's what makes this deal interesting and somewhat realistic.

Both DK and Ryan are proven NHL players in their mid-20's, similar salaries, ANA needs a C, B's need a W.

Nah...makes way too much sense, it will never happen

Old
07-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Krejci for Ryan is a smart move both ways. I wouldn't include Caron in a move like this as many have suggested unless PC can go out and find another 3rd line wing to replace him (which may be the best course). I would also have issues with Spooner going as moving Krejci would have to be performed assuming Spooner can come up in the next 2 years. I'd look to move a lesser prospect + a future pick or Knight (but I'd much rather do the former).

I do this as I don't expect Horton to be back to form come this season and I dont like going in without options. Whitney would have been ideal but that's no longer an option. Doan will stay west. Mueller doesn't present enough except for a 3rd line option (could be the signing to move Caron). Semin prsesents too many concerns and potential 'team equity' issues. Nash's price is going to be too high IMO ESP with the cap hit it'll bring.

This deal offers the best for both sides while keeping the team wi he right asset mix for either bulking up at the deadline or growing more in future seasons.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:50 PM
TwistedWristah
Boston Strong

We should just stay the way we are, we won the Cup a year ago.

Place sarcasm emoticon here

Old
07-05-2012, 04:52 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Most teams, that are not the B's, don't have the depth at C to give up a legit #2 C and not get one in return. For me, that's what makes this deal interesting and somewhat realistic.

Both DK and Ryan are proven NHL players in their mid-20's, similar salaries, ANA needs a C, B's need a W.

I actually think Krejci making the same salary makes it less likely to happen. If Anaheim is looking to lower their monetary commitments for when they have to re-sign Getzlaf and Perry, Krejci for Ryan doesn't really help them at all. I know another poster mentioned that Anaheim has a very shallow forward group and that Spooner could probably play for them right now. What about Peverley, Spooner, Caron? That's a 2C, young wing, and a player who could probably be their 3C and likely higher while Getzlaf and Perry are still in their primes.

I even looked at ways of taking extra salary back FROM Anaheim if we made a Krejci and Ryan swap, but they have almost nothing committed after this season, aside from guys they JUST signed (Allen, Souray).

Old
07-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
LA, I don't even think the Ducks have legit trade options to afford to give up the assets to get the second line center they want without parting with Ryan.

Ryan has been in talks over the past few months about possibly being traded and it has been that he has been rumored to be traded for quite some time now.

Bad formula when you got a GM that has been pretty much been trying to trade you for the past year and the player knows it and doesn't want to play there anymore. I can't see Ryan in a Ducks uniform this upcoming season.
Last twitters from him, he was saying the goal is remaining there.

Quote:

Not saying I wouldn't do this, but only Ryan for Krejci, straight up. And if I can dream a little bit, $10M, 2y for Semin:

Marchand-Bergeron-Semin
Lucic-Seguin-Ryan
Peverley-Kelly-Horton
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Old
07-05-2012, 05:01 PM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
I actually think Krejci making the same salary makes it less likely to happen. If Anaheim is looking to lower their monetary commitments for when they have to re-sign Getzlaf and Perry, Krejci for Ryan doesn't really help them at all. I know another poster mentioned that Anaheim has a very shallow forward group and that Spooner could probably play for them right now. What about Peverley, Spooner, Caron? That's a 2C, young wing, and a player who could probably be their 3C and likely higher while Getzlaf and Perry are still in their primes.

I even looked at ways of taking extra salary back FROM Anaheim if we made a Krejci and Ryan swap, but they have almost nothing committed after this season, aside from guys they JUST signed (Allen, Souray).
I would probably do Peverly + Spooner for Ryan in a second, but not sure ANA (or I) consider Pevs to be a legit #2 C?? He's a 2nd-3rd line "tweener" imo, so I guess it would all come down to how much ANA liked Pevs (and Spooner).

Also in the DK vs Ryan comparison, typically C's are worth more than similarly talented wings.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post

If they are indeed operating at an internal cap of around 56 mill, then perhaps the goal isn't lower salary on the team but instead to reorg/restructure the money they are spending now (around 47mill I think). They have a lot of high end prospects/young guys on the wings, they have nothing up the middle. Focusing on spending more at the center position makes more sense for them. Smith-Pelly, Palmeri, Etem, Rakell. Might make sense to bank on one of them developing into a top 6 wing while spending Ryan's cash on a guy like Krejci.

This is I believe why they were trying Ryan at that position last year, why they acquired a kid like Cogliano who once played the position. Had either of those options worked I doubt you see Ryans name in trade talks now.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:02 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

I wonder if there is any way we could get them to take Thomas if we did do the trade. The still need to finish signing their forwards as they only have 8 under contract for next year but they do still have like 23 million in cap space. I don't imagine they plan on spending all of that.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:03 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Ryan would be great. It would allow Seguin to slide over to center and use his high end playmaking ability. IMO, Krejci and Ryan are similar value talent-wise. Both are about the same age and produce about the same amount of points. One is a playmaking center while the other is a shoot first goal scorer.

Lucic -- Seguin -- Horton

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Ryan

Caron -- Kelly -- Peverley

Now... if Anaheim is looking to get a high end 2nd line center to play and appease Ryan into staying, Krejci would still fetch a good price and I still think Anaheim would be a good place to get back assets.

Krejci

for

Devante Smith-Pelly / Luca Sbisa

Sbisa would be the left handed puck-moving, smooth skating dman we've been looking years for.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:05 PM
mashmont

Old
07-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Jeff from Maine

Quote:
No thanks, and personally I'm offened so many fans want to trade away one of our last playmaking centermen, which I might add are very hard to come by these days. Anieheim would win this deal, via getting what they need, Boston would lose via aquiring a player they don't need simple as that.
Yes...because we alrwady score way more than enough playoff goals.

By the way....has Krejci suited up yet for the 2011-12 playoffs?

Later

Old
07-05-2012, 05:16 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine View Post

Later
The playoffs are over bro, adjust your dish, i hear they can cut in and out up in Maine

Old
07-05-2012, 05:20 PM
the overrated
wicked overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine View Post

Later
He produced more points than Marchand & more points than Bergeron. He also produced as many points as Seguin or Lucic.

Yet he's the only one that people talk about no-showing.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:23 PM
EverettMike

I like David Krejci.

Id be sad to see him go.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:23 PM
mark3361

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post

Lucic -- Seguin -- Horton

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Ryan

Caron -- Kelly -- Peverley
This is slight threadjack, but I hate Lucic and Horton on the same line. They both should play similar big bodied type of games and operate around the net and neither can keep up with Seguin. I would rather Marchand stay with Seguin and drop Looch with Bergeron and Ryan

Old
07-05-2012, 05:26 PM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
I like David Krejci.

Id be sad to see him go.
You know what...I would too. I like him and I think his style doesn't earn him enough respect but he is a solid hockey player.

That said I'd make this deal.

Closed Thread