Speculation Krejci for Ryan

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 07:52 PM
redbeard7737

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

that second goal might be the ugliest passing I have ever seen from any team...the third goal also has some ugly passing...

Old
07-05-2012, 07:52 PM
rainone99

Looks like the ducks want a centerman and 2 other pieces,

Krejci, Caron, Sauve??

https://twitter.com/NHLexpertpicks/s...43075756195840

Old
07-05-2012, 07:53 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Anaheim is a mess. I have to think they only want to trade for someone with a lot of years on their contract to avoid future resigning issues. If Krejci is there guy and they don't ask for anything more than Ryan I am for it (I like Krejci enough I have no desire to sweeten the pot.)

I don't trade Krejci for anyone who isn't a legit first liner. Ryan is definitely that and is basically a better version of Lucic.

If you make the move I think you need to force Spooner into the top 9 right away (and play him at center istead of Seguin if Tyler struggles on the draw and appears better at wing.) Bobby Ryan + opening a spot for Spooner is enough for me.

The question about Ryan that might be hard is if the Flyers are offering a lot do we want him bad enough to outbid them (with Krejci involed I don't know...)

Old
07-05-2012, 07:54 PM
redbeard7737

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
I almost want this deal to happen just so I can read the misery that Bobby Ryan puts on this place...He's actually the wing version of David Krejci, of course without the postseason resume...
bobby ryan can score 30-45 goals a year...krejci is a 20 goal guy...this team needs guys who can pick corners and not the center of the goalies chest.

Old
07-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
I almost want this deal to happen just so I can read the misery that Bobby Ryan puts on this place...He's actually the wing version of David Krejci, of course without the postseason resume...
As they say, be careful what you wish for.

The Bruins won a Cup with a healthy Krejci. They led the Flyers 3-0 with a healthy Krejci, then crashed and burned in the most historically embarrassing way possible after losing him. Why there's a campaign to get rid of him baffles the hell out of me.

Old
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Here you go. Enjoy.

And even more fun, after that, the whole team disappeared!
That made me sick.

Their reaction was worst than the Sabres' after Lucic hit Miller.

Old
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
this ********* with a mohawk and 95k followers says the Flyers offered Voracek, Gustafsson, Laughton and a 1st rounder to #Ducks for Bobby Ryan

Old
07-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard7737 View Post
that second goal might be the ugliest passing I have ever seen from any team...the third goal also has some ugly passing...
Yup. But you don't get extra points for being pretty.

Old
07-05-2012, 07:57 PM
ryedog*
Triple Gold Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunbaer View Post
Thanks.

I was referring to last season, though.
To be fair, the whole team played average, and for numerous reasons.

Old
07-05-2012, 07:58 PM
ryedog*
Triple Gold Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Chargers View Post
That made me sick.

Completely different situation.

Old
07-05-2012, 07:58 PM
mark3361

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
Anaheim is a mess. I have to think they only want to trade for someone with a lot of years on their contract to avoid future resigning issues. If Krejci is there guy and they don't ask for anything more than Ryan I am for it (I like Krejci enough I have no desire to sweeten the pot.)

I don't trade Krejci for anyone who isn't a legit first liner. Ryan is definitely that and is basically a better version of Lucic.

If you make the move I think you need to force Spooner into the top 9 right away (and play him at center istead of Seguin if Tyler struggles on the draw and appears better at wing.) Bobby Ryan + opening a spot for Spooner is enough for me.

The question about Ryan that might be hard is if the Flyers are offering a lot do we want him bad enough to outbid them (with Krejci involed I don't know...)
Why does Spooner need to be rushed and would Ana rather Briere or Krecji, because they wont give up Schenn or Couts

Old
07-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Chargers View Post
That made me sick.

To be fair to Richards (and I hated the hit, and I hated him for delivering it, and I'm glad Krejci did everything but spit in his face in the 2011 playoffs) it was clean. Nobody is going to start a brawl in the playoffs after a clean hit, especially when you're leading.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Ratty

Quote:
bobby ryan can score 30-45 goals a year...krejci is a 20 goal guy...this team needs guys who can pick corners and not the center of the goalies chest.
I don't think anyone here believes Krejci can compete with Ryan in the goal scoring dept. It's Krejci's playmaking ability that makes him so valuable. That's why we have this discussion on giving up a position of strength to acquire a player from a team with a strength at that position (wing).

Old
07-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Getting rid of Krejci is tossed around here so much because of Seguin. Everyone is quick to get rid of Krejci for our budding superstar. I don't think it's time yet.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:05 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
this ********* with a mohawk and 95k followers says the Flyers offered Voracek, Gustafsson, Laughton and a 1st rounder to #Ducks for Bobby Ryan

If that's true they love throwing futures at the ducks.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:08 PM
rainone99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
I don't think anyone here believes Krejci can compete with Ryan in the goal scoring dept. It's Krejci's playmaking ability that makes him so valuable. That's why we have this discussion on giving up a position of strength to acquire a player from a team with a strength at that position (wing).
There is no way Anaheim accepts a Krejci for Bobby Ryan deal straight up. Too many teams in the mix for it to be a one on one trade. Ryan was a number 2 overall pick who has scored 31, 35, 34, 31 goals in the last 4 years. Only a handful of players have had 4 consecutive years over 30 goals, Krejci has nothing to compare to that except his Stanley Cup ring which is the only card Chia has to play with. Yes Krejci does get more points than Ryan, but goal scorers are rare today compared to players who put up points.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainone99 View Post
There is no way Anaheim accepts a Krejci for Bobby Ryan deal straight up. Too many teams in the mix for it to be a one on one trade. Ryan was a number 2 overall pick who has scored 31, 35, 34, 31 goals in the last 4 years. Only a handful of players have had 4 consecutive years over 30 goals, Krejci has nothing to compare to that except his Stanley Cup ring which is the only card Chia has to play with. Yes Krejci does get more points than Ryan, but goal scorers are rare today compared to players who put up points.
Did I say its a straight one-for-one swap? Krejci and Ryan are the foundation of the trade. There could be other pieces.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:12 PM
00BW

Quote:

The Bruins won a Cup with a healthy Krejci. They led the Flyers 3-0 with a healthy Krejci, then crashed and burned in the most historically embarrassing way possible after losing him. Why there's a campaign to get rid of him baffles the hell out of me.
True, but the Bruins depth at center was so bad that year they went to career minor-leaguer Whitfield to fill in. That reminded me of when the Bruins used to try to use Axelsson as a first line winger.

Right now the Bruins have 6 genuine NHL centers playing on 4 lines. That doesn't even count Marchand and Caron who both played center and wing at the CHL level, Knight who did the same, and Spooner who is pretty much ready. Hell, even Sauve was drafted as a center and can fill in for a few shifts before he gets injured again. And where do we slot in Koko next year when he returns from the KHL?

Because of this incident you mention, Chia went overboard on the centers by constantly drafting them and making the two big trades for the cup run. It would require true bad luck of near epic proportions for the Bruins to run out of quality center options these days if they only trade away one.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:15 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
So Ryan is the same type of 40 goal scorer that Phil Kessel is? You know, the type that score mid 30's and never hit 40 but are still called 40 goal scorers?

Old
07-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00BW View Post
True, but the Bruins depth at center was so bad that year they went to career minor-leaguer Whitfield to fill in. That reminded me of when the Bruins used to try to use Axelsson as a first line winger.

Right now the Bruins have 6 genuine NHL centers playing on 4 lines. That doesn't even count Marchand and Caron who both played center and wing at the CHL level, Knight who did the same, and Spooner who is pretty much ready. Hell, even Sauve was drafted as a center and can fill in for a few shifts before he gets injured again. And where do we slot in Koko next year when he returns from the KHL?

Because of this incident you mention, Chia went overboard on the centers by constantly drafting them and making the two big trades for the cup run. It would require true bad luck of near epic proportions for the Bruins to run out of quality center options these days if they only trade away one.
Its like drafting shortstops in baseball. If the guy can't make the tough plays he moves to 3B, 2B or the OF.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:18 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:

I don't disagree with you, but realistically the B's are short on the wings going forward. The fact is that we only have one in house player, Caron, who can take over for a vacant wing position. That's not good. Seguin's a wing now, but he's our number 1 center going forward. Our other two best forward prospects, Spooner and Koko, are centers. All we have is Knight and Caron right now. IMO, Seguin's never going to learn how to be a number 1 center if he isn't thrown into it at some point. Whether it be this year or next year, there's going to be people saying he's not ready to do it. The best way to get better at something is to do it, adding a player like Ryan for Seguin to feed would help his development. It's already been mentioned here that Lucic played better with Seguin. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a full year of that, but with Bobby Ryan on the other side.

Krejci is very valuable, but we're ok on center depth for the next few years, especially once Spooner and Koko are ready. Unfortunately, were thin on the wings, and Ryan is a good start in adding to that depth.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00BW View Post

No, the Bruins drafted centers because they're often the BPA, and because most centers are versatile and can play wing as well. As Ratty said, it's like drafting shortstops. The most talented guys always play shortstop when they're young; they all don't make the majors at that position.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:23 PM
ryedog*
Triple Gold Club

Quote:
So Ryan is the same type of 40 goal scorer that Phil Kessel is? You know, the type that score mid 30's and never hit 40 but are still called 40 goal scorers?
Not going to lie, I was quite pleased to see Kessel stall out at 37 last season. I think Leaf fans started that whole 40 goal scorer thing back in '09 already. Hope he gets 39 next season.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
Getting rid of Krejci is tossed around here so much because of Seguin. Everyone is quick to get rid of Krejci for our budding superstar. I don't think it's time yet.
In reading the posts in this thread, I can't conclude that we are all "trying to get rid of Krejci". Most of us are respectful of David and recognize his talent. And he did help us win a Cup.

Its just a question of do we need a winger who is a goal scorer more, and can we get by with Seguin at centre with Spooner on the way?

Old
07-05-2012, 08:27 PM
DJENTLEMAN
Lost My Avatar Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
No kidding. I think a significant change in the line combos is in order (specifically for Krejci's slow it down type of offensive game), however a trade of Krejci is too soon.

Marchand - Bergeron - Horton
Lucic - Peverley - Seguin
Caron - Krejci - Kelly

Closed Thread