HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals Part 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2013, 11:58 AM
  #751
thelos
Bunk
 
thelos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Id do a 1st and Fairchild in a heartbeat
Would any forwards be available too? Flyers could use a forward back if dealing Briere. I assume Stewart is not for trade?

1st + D'Agostini/Sobotka + D prospect for Briere + mid round pick maybe?

thelos is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:59 AM
  #752
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Id do a 1st and Fairchild in a heartbeat
The only problem with Fairchild is his size. Flyers need someone that can maybe fill out and become that potential top 4 all around defender. I haven't seen a single game Fairchild has played in, but reading some things he isn't overly physical or actually physical at all. He would help out though maybe in the future with his puck moving skills and ability to QB a PP.

Prongo is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 12:21 PM
  #753
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
The only problem with Fairchild is his size. Flyers need someone that can maybe fill out and become that potential top 4 all around defender. I haven't seen a single game Fairchild has played in, but reading some things he isn't overly physical or actually physical at all. He would help out though maybe in the future with his puck moving skills and ability to QB a PP.
What about a D'Agostini, Cracknell, Cole and 2nd for Briere and Grossmann

Flyers need Forwards at the big club as well as at Adirondack. Cracknell will never get a chance here, but probably will there. We have 2 second round picks and I don't think I would be willing to part with a first.


Last edited by PerryTurnbullfan: 02-12-2013 at 12:31 PM. Reason: add
PerryTurnbullfan is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 12:36 PM
  #754
thelos
Bunk
 
thelos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
What about a D'Agostini, Cracknell, Cole and 2nd for Briere and Grossmann

Flyers need Forwards at the big club as well as at Adirondack. Cracknell will never get a chance here, but probably will there. We have 2 second round picks and I don't think I would be willing to part with a first.
We can't afford to lose Grossmann.

Rumor on twitter is that the deal may just be a minor deal of Gervais for Nichol.

thelos is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 12:43 PM
  #755
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
What about a D'Agostini, Cracknell, Cole and 2nd for Briere and Grossmann

Flyers need Forwards at the big club as well as at Adirondack. Cracknell will never get a chance here, but probably will there. We have 2 second round picks and I don't think I would be willing to part with a first.
I believe to start trade discussions with the Flyers if they are out of the playoffs for Briere you have to start with the 1st rounder.

Also the deal is too much. I believe a deal with just Briere going and a 1st and Schmaltz coming to us would actually be good value. Schmaltz and the first rounder from this year would be years away. Briere can also give you three good years of production and leadership.

Prongo is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 12:44 PM
  #756
SirPaste
Registered User
 
SirPaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 8,123
vCash: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelos View Post
We can't afford to lose Grossmann.

Rumor on twitter is that the deal may just be a minor deal of Gervais for Nichol.
That doesnt make much sense for us.

SirPaste is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 12:45 PM
  #757
SirPaste
Registered User
 
SirPaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 8,123
vCash: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I believe to start trade discussions with the Flyers if they are out of the playoffs for Briere you have to start with the 1st rounder.

Also the deal is too much. I believe a deal with just Briere going and a 1st and Schmaltz coming to us would actually be good value. Schmaltz and the first rounder from this year would be years away. Briere can also give you three good years of production and leadership.
If we are sending Schmaltz somehting else would probably need to be coming back, thats essentially 2 firsts.

SirPaste is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 12:50 PM
  #758
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I believe to start trade discussions with the Flyers if they are out of the playoffs for Briere you have to start with the 1st rounder.

Also the deal is too much. I believe a deal with just Briere going and a 1st and Schmaltz coming to us would actually be good value. Schmaltz and the first rounder from this year would be years away. Briere can also give you three good years of production and leadership.
I would have to agree. I hate to give up on Schmaltz though. Perhaps Schmaltz and Ottawa's 2nd round pick and not the first. We acquired that pick last year.


Last edited by PerryTurnbullfan: 02-12-2013 at 12:50 PM. Reason: finish
PerryTurnbullfan is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 12:51 PM
  #759
thelos
Bunk
 
thelos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
If we are sending Schmaltz somehting else would probably need to be coming back, thats essentially 2 firsts.
I think Schmaltz and a 2nd would be fine. Keep the first, maybe toss in D'Agostini

Schmaltz, D'Agostini and 2nd for Briere + 5th


Last edited by thelos: 02-12-2013 at 01:00 PM.
thelos is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 12:53 PM
  #760
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
If we are sending Schmaltz somehting else would probably need to be coming back, thats essentially 2 firsts.
I don't really think two first rounder picks that are probably 2-3 years away from playing in the NHL is all that big of a price to ask for. Briere will be giving you good production during that time. He can give you 50-65 points during those years. I don't think two first rounders would be that much to ask for TBH. Also you have other defenders in your prospect list.

If I was the GM of the Flyers, I wouldn't settle for a 2nd round pick. I am sure there is other teams out there that would be willing to make a deal around Briere for a first and a prospect other than St Louis.


Last edited by Prongo: 02-12-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Prongo is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 12:59 PM
  #761
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I don't really think two first rounder picks that are probably 2-3 years away from playing in the NHL is all that big of a price to ask for. Briere will be giving you good production during that time. He can give you 50-65 points during those years. I don't think two first rounders would be that much to ask for TBH. Also you have other defenders in your prospect list.
Little rich for my blood. Schmaltz is having a fine freshman year at North Dakota and has the makings of being a 2 or 3 d-man best case and top 6 worst case. He is showing that he does have some defensive game to go with a stellar offensive game. I think Schmaltz and a high 2nd is fair.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 01:16 PM
  #762
SirPaste
Registered User
 
SirPaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 8,123
vCash: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I don't really think two first rounder picks that are probably 2-3 years away from playing in the NHL is all that big of a price to ask for. Briere will be giving you good production during that time. He can give you 50-65 points during those years. I don't think two first rounders would be that much to ask for TBH. Also you have other defenders in your prospect list.

If I was the GM of the Flyers, I wouldn't settle for a 2nd round pick. I am sure there is other teams out there that would be willing to make a deal around Briere for a first and a prospect other than St Louis.
I understand you feel that way, but if Im Armstrong Im not paying that much

SirPaste is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 01:17 PM
  #763
BlueDream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,974
vCash: 500
Lol why are we even talking about Briere? Yeah let's make our forwards even smaller and softer than they're already playing...

The Blues need some grit.

BlueDream is online now  
Old
02-12-2013, 01:29 PM
  #764
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Lol why are we even talking about Briere? Yeah let's make our forwards even smaller and softer than they're already playing...

The Blues need some grit.
That's why I would rather have Couturier, even if it costs as Schwartz +. Briere isn't the best faceoff guy either. I was just curious what his value would be. I really don't want him either. His value is about what I figured it would be. Thelos is thinking fairly.


Last edited by PerryTurnbullfan: 02-12-2013 at 02:14 PM.
PerryTurnbullfan is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 01:37 PM
  #765
CarvinSigX
Meh
 
CarvinSigX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Ill Side
Country: United States
Posts: 9,168
vCash: 500
If there's a trade between Philadelphia and St. Louis, **** may hit the fan on this site...Two teams who are not playing to their potential are scouting each other? Sounds like trade time to me.

CarvinSigX is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 01:37 PM
  #766
thelos
Bunk
 
thelos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
That's why I would rather have Couturier, even if it costs as Schwartz +.
No way we move Couturier unless it is for a true #1 d man

thelos is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 01:41 PM
  #767
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,221
vCash: 500
Briere has a good resume as a post season performer.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 01:43 PM
  #768
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues
 
Randall Ritchey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,729
vCash: 500
If we're dealing for another defensemen, one of the ones we have has to go. We have to many to bring in another.

Randall Ritchey is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 01:43 PM
  #769
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelos View Post
No way we move Couturier unless it is for a true #1 d man
What if it was Schwartz and Cole?

PerryTurnbullfan is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 01:44 PM
  #770
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne
 
Oberyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
Briere has a good resume as a post season performer.
The way we're playing we'll be lucky to make it to the postseason.

Oberyn is online now  
Old
02-12-2013, 02:01 PM
  #771
SirPaste
Registered User
 
SirPaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 8,123
vCash: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
What if it was Schwartz and Cole?
If I was the Flyers I wouldnt do that

SirPaste is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 02:08 PM
  #772
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
If I was the Flyers I wouldnt do that
What would be fair? Schwartz, Cole, and a pick or player?

PerryTurnbullfan is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 02:23 PM
  #773
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,052
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
What would be fair? Schwartz, Cole, and a pick or player?
What would you trade Tarasenko for?

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 02:28 PM
  #774
SirPaste
Registered User
 
SirPaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 8,123
vCash: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
What would be fair? Schwartz, Cole, and a pick or player?
I dont know what would be fair, but Couts is a stud and only what? 19 years old? You just dont trade guys like that unless your getting a superstar type player

SirPaste is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 02:33 PM
  #775
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
What would you trade Tarasenko for?
Not straight up for Couturier. Both Tarasenko and Couturier are hard to gauge at this point. The flyers could pick up several building blocks for Couturier. Not that they would do it without getting their socks knocked off. I would like the Blues to get a legitimate future #1-#2 center. Just looking at what thoughts are that it may take.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.