HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2012, 10:41 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimoodia View Post
This seems okay, but there needs to be some tweaking. Perhaps another third from Calgary as third round picks almost always balance out otherwise unbalanced proposals.
Well I appreciate the dry humor.

Old
08-12-2012, 12:13 AM
STLBLUES44
MILLER TIME

vCash: 500
how about this:

Giordano
Iginla
Bartschi
1st

For

Jackman

Porter

Reason: this is equivalent to the offers you Calgary fans are giving us for our Core and future players.

Stop with these ridiculous offers. how would trading bergie but gaining Backlund improve our center depth? How would trading a 22 year old 40+ point scoring defensemen for a guy that hasn't broke 30 points since coming to Calgary help our defense?

Old
08-12-2012, 02:06 PM
tvillewr4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman456 View Post
How about...
CGY trades:
-Jay Boumeester
-Michael Backlund
-Matt Stajan
-2013 3rd round
STL trades:
-Patrik Berglund
-Kevin Shattenkirk
-conditional 2nd round pick
is this a calgary fan disguised as a blues fan?

Old
08-12-2012, 02:31 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvillewr4 View Post
is this a calgary fan disguised as a blues fan?
What makes anyone think this is a Blues fan?

Old
08-12-2012, 02:34 PM
RaskY
Re-registered User

Hello, Leafs fan here who became a big fan of the Blues last season. Love the core they have set up and Tarasenko has been one of my favorite prospects for a long time now.

So, I have a question(s) for Blues fans.

What's the bigger need for the organization heading into next season? A top two/top four defenseman or a first line player? And what do you think is a bigger need? A bonafide first line winger or a bonafide first line center?

I always thought Parise would have been a great fit in St. Louis. Suter too actually haha.

Old
08-12-2012, 02:47 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaskY View Post
Hello, Leafs fan here who became a big fan of the Blues last season. Love the core they have set up and Tarasenko has been one of my favorite prospects for a long time now.

What's the bigger need for the organization heading into next season? A top two/top four defenseman or a first line player? And what do you think is a bigger need? A bonafide first line winger or a bonafide first line center?

I always thought Parise would have been a great fit in St. Louis. Suter too actually haha.
Blues need a defensive partner for Pietro (top pairing defenseman) preferably LHD although there is talk of allowing Pietro to shift to the opposite side.

Next biggest need is a center to challenge Berglund for the #2C (sure, we'd love a top-end #1C, but the reality is that a guy that is a 2/3 would create competition at that spot and improve the team).

As it stands now, it looks like Steen will probably slide back and play center this year for the 3rd line. Some of us feel he's better used as a winger, but he's so versatile that the team is best with him taking that role as things currently stand. (Oshie is a possibility for that role, too.)

The lowest team need is a winger. There is depth there, and frankly, a surplus. I'm not sure where D'Agostini fits on this team. I'm not convinced Schwartz starts the season in St Louis, simply because the depth doesn't allow for it (and he can develop with more minutes in the AHL).

Old
08-13-2012, 11:45 PM
River City Rumble
Registered Loser

If Schwartz and Tarasenko turn out to be the players we think they'll be, the Blues will be looking at a forward group of:
Schwartz - Backes - Oshie
Perron - Berglund - Tarasenko
McDonald - Steen - Stewart

like, wow.

Old
08-14-2012, 12:00 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaskY View Post

Last time I checked, Mississauga was in Ontario, rather than Finland. Are you a Finn living in the Toronto area? And, yes, I know that North Holland is not located in Canada.

I think the biggest need for The Blues is a #2 defenceman. We saw what happened to the team when Pietrangelo was out, hurt. Also, he spent time he could be pushing the offence, covering up for his partner (mostly Colaiacovo).

The second biggest need is a #2 centre. A true #1 would be better, but his salary could hurt the salary structure of this small-mid-market franchise, that, currently has a budget near the minimum, and is not likely to move a lot higher. Taking on the salary of a Parise would likely force the team to give up some high-quality depth. The effect of that might well weaken the team, rather than strengthen it.

Picking up Suter sounds great as well. But, again, his salary added to Pietrangelo's would leave significantly less to spend on forwards.

Old
08-14-2012, 10:17 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityRumble View Post
If Schwartz and Tarasenko turn out to be the players we think they'll be, the Blues will be looking at a forward group of:
Schwartz - Backes - Oshie
Perron - Berglund - Tarasenko
McDonald - Steen - Stewart

like, wow.
By the time Schwartz is a top line player, I think the Blues may not have McDonald any more, or else he'll decide to retire a Blue and take a lower contract next time. I'm not sure what to expect there. Anyway, I see Schwartz as more of McDonald's replacement.

(That Doug Weight trade was a little painful at the time, but was really good for the club in hindsight. And I mean painful in the sense that Doug Weight is a high quality guy that I hated to see being strong-armed when he had a NTC.)

Old
08-14-2012, 09:46 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

How's it going guys. Rangers fan here coming in peace. I am in a Keeper Sim League (sim using NHL 12/13) on the Rangers team, and picked out the Blues, as they are my second favorite team to the Rangers, just love their style of play.

That said, I'll probably be posting here a little with trade proposals if that is okay, just looking for some advice from, you know, people who watch the Blues more than me.

From what I can tell, the biggest need is a top pair LHD who can eat minutes with Pietrangelo.

The Canes GM approached me and said Pitkanen was on the block. 1) Do you think he is capable of filling the void on the top pair? and 2) What would you guys give up for him.

Thanks in advance and hope it's okay if I return here from time to time looking for advice. Cheers guys.

Old
08-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Passenger View Post
How's it going guys. Rangers fan here coming in peace. I am in a Keeper Sim League (sim using NHL 12/13) on the Rangers team, and picked out the Blues, as they are my second favorite team to the Rangers, just love their style of play.

That said, I'll probably be posting here a little with trade proposals if that is okay, just looking for some advice from, you know, people who watch the Blues more than me.

From what I can tell, the biggest need is a top pair LHD who can eat minutes with Pietrangelo.

The Canes GM approached me and said Pitkanen was on the block. 1) Do you think he is capable of filling the void on the top pair? and 2) What would you guys give up for him.

Thanks in advance and hope it's okay if I return here from time to time looking for advice. Cheers guys.
Pitchforks people!!! GET RID OF HIM!!!!

Welcome. Hope we can help from time to time. As for this trade, I don't enough about Pitkanen. Doesn't sound like many here think he can fill the void otherwise he would have been discussed ad nauseum by now.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:11 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
Pitchforks people!!! GET RID OF HIM!!!!

Welcome. Hope we can help from time to time. As for this trade, I don't enough about Pitkanen. Doesn't sound like many here think he can fill the void otherwise he would have been discussed ad nauseum by now.
Thanks for the response! After a little bit of thought, the two most realistic targets I could think of were Alex Edler and Keith Yandle. Both are capable of top pairing minutes and I think would compliment Pietrangelo nicely. What would you guys be willing to give up for either of them?

Old
08-14-2012, 11:38 PM
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Passenger View Post
Thanks for the response! After a little bit of thought, the two most realistic targets I could think of were Alex Edler and Keith Yandle. Both are capable of top pairing minutes and I think would compliment Pietrangelo nicely. What would you guys be willing to give up for either of them?
Based on conversations with Canuck fans, they want one of Oshie or Perron, which is more than I'd give.

For Yandle, I'd give Oshie, a first round pick, and mid to high level prospect. I think that's the best option.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:45 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
Based on conversations with Canuck fans, they want one of Oshie or Perron, which is more than I'd give.

For Yandle, I'd give Oshie, a first round pick, and mid to high level prospect. I think that's the best option.
Right. I would definitely take into account that Edler is going to be a FA next year. So the return for Yandle would be greater than that of Edler. I'd love to acquire either of them though. Again, thanks for the response!

Old
08-16-2012, 11:44 AM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Agreed to a trade in my above fantasy NHL video game series sim league. Let me know what you think??

To
Filppula
'13 3rd
'13 5th

To
Steen
'12 2nd
13'4th

In our league, to make a long story short, we are re-doing the first two rounds of the 2012 draft, which is why I moved that pick. Had the option to make it a '13 2nd, but looks like '13 draft is deeper.

What do you guys think?? (don't be afraid to hurt my feelings, I can take it )

Old
08-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME

I'd do it, but I don't value Steen as high as a lot of the other people here do.

Old
08-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Lifetimebluesfan

I would rather keep steen

Old
08-16-2012, 05:55 PM
CitizenSnips
TheFightingMongooses

on the game, id probably do it...

IRL, no way

Old
08-16-2012, 07:16 PM
BlueDream

Why would anyone want to trade Steen?

Old
08-16-2012, 09:43 PM
DiXEN8

Chris Stewart

Would you guys keep him in your pool? (with cap $)

Old
08-16-2012, 10:00 PM
SirPaste

Yes.

Old
08-16-2012, 10:41 PM
ExJbeck

Yea.

Old
08-16-2012, 11:39 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star

hey guys, im running the Blues in a online GM team and I tore your team apart(sorry), but I wanted guys that I enjoy using, since its for fun. But anyways, can you give me suggestions on what I should do about the D? Woywitka will be gone, hes just there until I figure it out by trade. So heres my team:

Perron | Backstrom | Brown
Downie | Backes | Stewart
Steen | Bolland | Tarasenko
McGinn | Brodziak | D'Agostini

Langenbrunner Sobotka Reaves

Jackman | Pietrangelo
Cole | Shattenkirk
Woywitka | Polak

Halak
Elliott

Old
08-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangiroux View Post
hey guys, im running the Blues in a online GM team and I tore your team apart(sorry), but I wanted guys that I enjoy using, since its for fun. But anyways, can you give me suggestions on what I should do about the D? Woywitka will be gone, hes just there until I figure it out by trade. So heres my team:

Perron | Backstrom | Brown
Downie | Backes | Stewart
Steen | Bolland | Tarasenko
McGinn | Brodziak | D'Agostini

Langenbrunner Sobotka Reaves

Jackman | Pietrangelo
Cole | Shattenkirk
Woywitka | Polak

Halak
Elliott
Oh and I had Vlasic and had him paired with Pietra, and had Jackman with Shatty. But I got offered Backstrom for Vlasic straight up so I had to do it..
I guess my question would be: Who should I target from other teams on D, I guess to pair with Pietra and then I can move Jackman with Shatty, what do you think?

Thanks

Old
08-17-2012, 01:08 AM
BlueDream

Yep he's gonna bounce back and have a solid year.

Closed Thread