HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

OFFICIAL Rockford IceHogs/Toledo Walleye/Other Prospects Thread 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2012, 07:39 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
So far tonight:

Broadhurst primary assist on goal by Max Domi

Brandon Whitney has stopped 8 of 9 shots after 1 period.

Garret Ross primary assist on Vince Trocheck goal.
broadhurst also had a really good opportunity for a goal. he looked good at the beginning of the period.

Old
09-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Hawkaholic

I think having a full year off is going to be a very good thing for the Blackhawks. All of the young guys they want to step up get another year of experience and I think it will be very beneficial for them.

Saad will be a year older and have a full year playing against men.
Pirri, Kruger can get a little more strength and size with after full year in the A.
Leddy will hopefully learn how to play average defense.
The goalies get a year older and hopefully get closer the the NHL.

..all while the contracts of Toews, Kane, Bolland, etc are on hold.

The only downfall is that Crawford needs work, and isnt getting it other than practice.

Old
09-21-2012, 08:15 PM
RomersWorld

Goal for Garret Ross. 1 goal, 1 assist after 2 periods.

Broadhurst with 1 goal, 1 assist so far as well with the 2nd period just ending.

Brandon Whitney not fairing so well, stopped 16 of 19 so far...down 3-1 with 2 min left in 2nd period.

McNeill and Brown's games just started. Danault scoreless.

Old
09-21-2012, 08:36 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Goal for Garret Ross. 1 goal, 1 assist after 2 periods.

Broadhurst with 1 goal, 1 assist so far as well with the 2nd period just ending.

Brandon Whitney not fairing so well, stopped 16 of 19 so far...down 3-1 with 2 min left in 2nd period.

McNeill and Brown's games just started. Danault scoreless.
how are you getting games from all three leagues?

i know erie's a bad team...but dansk has been really unimpressive his first two games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I think having a full year off is going to be a very good thing for the Blackhawks. All of the young guys they want to step up get another year of experience and I think it will be very beneficial for them.

Saad will be a year older and have a full year playing against men.
Pirri, Kruger can get a little more strength and size with after full year in the A.
Leddy will hopefully learn how to play average defense.
The goalies get a year older and hopefully get closer the the NHL.

..all while the contracts of Toews, Kane, Bolland, etc are on hold.

The only downfall is that Crawford needs work, and isnt getting it other than practice.
if they miss the whole season then maybe we have an outside shot at ending up with a good draft spot.

Old
09-21-2012, 08:46 PM
RomersWorld

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
how are you getting games from all three leagues?

i know erie's a bad team...but dansk has been really unimpressive his first two games
Just stat watching like 5 games lol.

I get WHL games sometimes and OHL reruns sometimes but mostly I can only watch the Hawks' college prospects(I have sportspak so I last year I got to watch BC(Hayes), BU(Clendening), ND(Johns), MINN(Holl), UND(Mattson), ect ect. I do watch a lot of the CHL playoff games though... Luckily RootSports plays a good amount of WHL games and especially playoff games so I saw a lot of Carruth and Portland last year.

It is just so stupid that the WHL/OHL/Q prices are so damn high for streams. It is like $7 a game to watch on a crappy stream when it would probably cost that much to go to the game if I lived near any CHL teams. IMO they are losing out on a lot of money from people who would like to watch a bunch of games if they were a reasonable price.

Old
09-21-2012, 09:03 PM
RomersWorld

Phillip Danault ties the game 3-3 in the 3rd period with a goal.

Old
09-21-2012, 10:16 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Alex Broadhurst had a goal and assist tonight for London. The assist was a pretty saucer pass to Max Domi on a 3-2; Domi was going through the middle of the ice and the pass allowed him a mini-breakaway. Broadhurst's goal was a nice shot in slot after a slick pass by Chris Tierney from behind the net. Overall, Broadhurst played well.

Nikita Zadorov, a potential 2013 first rounder, is an absolute beast. He does so many things well. First of all, he's huge (6'5, 220lbs), he can skate very well for his size, has solid hands and he hits like a mack truck. He had 2 massive hits tonight and overall was physical. He can tend to look a bit lost in his zone, IMO, but he's definitely someone to watch over the course of the year. He is Russian, but I'd love for the Hawks to grab him.

Old
09-21-2012, 10:18 PM
RomersWorld

Travis Brown with 2 PP assists. 14 minutes left in 3rd period with his team tied 3-3. His team was down 3-0, Brown assisted on the 2nd and 3rd goals on the comeback.

Mark McNeill with a primary assist in a 1-1 game, 7 minutes left in the 3rd period.

Old
09-21-2012, 10:31 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Alex Broadhurst had a goal and assist tonight for London. The assist was a pretty saucer pass to Max Domi on a 3-2; Domi was going through the middle of the ice and the pass allowed him a mini-breakaway. Broadhurst's goal was a nice shot in slot after a slick pass by Chris Tierney from behind the net. Overall, Broadhurst played well.

Nikita Zadorov, a potential 2013 first rounder, is an absolute beast. He does so many things well. First of all, he's huge (6'5, 220lbs), he can skate very well for his size, has solid hands and he hits like a mack truck. He had 2 massive hits tonight and overall was physical. He can tend to look a bit lost in his zone, IMO, but he's definitely someone to watch over the course of the year. He is Russian, but I'd love for the Hawks to grab him.
I was really impressed with him, too. I didn't realize he was so big - i noticed his size...but didn't realize his stats.

Keep in mind he's just moved to the N. Am. game, so I wouldn't read anything into the fact he looked a little lost at times (although, I'm trusting you on that...I didn't pick up on it myself).

As far as him being Russian...I feel a lot more comfortable when, like here, they come and try playing in N. Am. prior to being drafted.

He'll be really exciting to watch this year.

Romers - did you see any of the Mooseheads or the Winterhawks games tonight? I think Portland may still be going on b/c it's PST.

Old
09-21-2012, 10:42 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Prince Albert headed to a SO with Saskatoon (listening via stream). Prince Albert should be a better team this year.

Old
09-21-2012, 10:45 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Mark McNeill scores in the shootout, his team is trailing 2-1 through 5 total shooters. PA's next shooter has to score.

Leon Dratisel (idk, lol), misses and Saskatoon gets the win. Mark McNeill had an assist and scored PA's only shootout goal. Saskatoon is a good team and PA apparently played them quite well (according to the PA play-by-play guys).

Old
09-21-2012, 11:03 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

are you seeing this on t.v. - or are you buying online feeds?

Old
09-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Travis Brown with 2 PP assists. 14 minutes left in 3rd period with his team tied 3-3. His team was down 3-0, Brown assisted on the 2nd and 3rd goals on the comeback.

Mark McNeill with a primary assist in a 1-1 game, 7 minutes left in the 3rd period.
How does Brown look? I liked him at the prospects camp. Wanted to keep tabs on him.

Old
09-22-2012, 09:53 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Im hoping Brown has another big year at Moosejaw. Led the d in scoring as a rookie. The #5 overall pick Morgan Reilly is back from injury so that may affect Browns offensive numbers this year but he can establish himself as their #2 dman.

Also interested to see how Fouriner does.

As much as I was disappointed the Hawks did not draft Ld with the #1 pick, they made up with later picks in Fournier and Brown.

Old
09-22-2012, 10:04 AM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Im hoping Brown has another big year at Moosejaw. Led the d in scoring as a rookie. The #5 overall pick Morgan Reilly is back from injury so that may affect Browns offensive numbers this year but he can establish himself as their #2 dman.

Also interested to see how Fouriner does.

As much as I was disappointed the Hawks did not draft Ld with the #1 pick, they made up with later picks in Fournier and Brown.
Continued updates on him throughout the season would be appreciated. I liked him a lot in prospects camp.

Old
09-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

While listening to the radio I heard more then one reference of cracking down on illegal streams of Ice Hog games.

I get the streams for free off of my computer legally.

Tis will be an interesting season, and so far I only have a couple slots left open for watching streams legally as friends of yours truly get first crack at actual hockey this year. The stream is password protected, of course.

Old
09-22-2012, 06:59 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
are you seeing this on t.v. - or are you buying online feeds?
Just listened to the end of the game through an online radio stream.

Old
09-22-2012, 11:51 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

The lockout drama is starting to make me interested re where we may be picking at the 2013 draft. (as an aside, didn't know whether it was too early to start a thread on that one - if it's okay, i can start one - or maybe one of the mods wants to?).

Question - if we're picking 18-20 and Zach Fucale (Halifax) is available - do we grab him?

Old
09-23-2012, 07:58 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
The lockout drama is starting to make me interested re where we may be picking at the 2013 draft. (as an aside, didn't know whether it was too early to start a thread on that one - if it's okay, i can start one - or maybe one of the mods wants to?).

Question - if we're picking 18-20 and Zach Fucale (Halifax) is available - do we grab him?
Hard to say at this point. There's alot that can and will happen between now and the 2013 draft; however, I don't think it's very likely that Chicago ever picks a goaltender in the first round with a Bowman making the pick. Additionally, this draft is shaping up to be outstanding as far as talent and depth. It is early, but just going by thehockeywriters preliminary draft rankings, they have Anthony Duclair, Madison Bowey and Jacob de la Rose ranked in the 18-20 range, with JT Compher and Adam Erne ranked 17th and 16th and have Jonathan Drouin, Darnell Nurse, Nikita Zadorov, Bo Horvat and Finnish sniper Artturi Lehkonen ranked outside the top-20. I know alot of people may not recognize some or most of the names, but at this point, I'd be extremely pleased with any of those players being taken by the Hawks in that range.

I'm personally not against taking Zach Fucale, but if you had the choice between him (a goaltender) or Bo Horvat (strong, two-way centre with above-average offensive game), Nikita Zadorov (6'5" Dman who can skate and hits like a mack truck), or Darnell Nurse (6'3" Dman who can also skate and has a solid transition game).. which would you choose? For me, at this point, it's an easy choice.

Again, alot can happen.. but I can't imagine this draft not living up to even half the hype it's getting at this point. There's just so much talent.

Old
09-23-2012, 08:51 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

The draft situation depends on the lockout. If its a partial season, then it will probably default to the standard draft order. If however its the whole season, then it will most likely be the same situation as '05 with a weighted lotto ball system. If its a complete lockout for the season and the draft default to lotto balls, who knows where the Hawks will pick. I wouldnt object to MacKinnon or Seth Jones. Of course the Hawks could also end up at 30.

Assuming a standard draft picking around 18, Fucale is an obvious top consideration but everyone is also aware the mortality rate of drafting G in the first round. Since the rankings and draft situation will change between now and the actual draft, Im still favoring dman even with Hawks drafting Fournier and Brown in this past draft. Whomever the Hawks decide to draft, they cant miss with the #1 because #2 and #3 are gone because of the Oduya trade.

By FCs preliminary rankings, my current flavor would be McCoshen and Hagg. Zadorov is intriguing but big guys, 6'3+ and especially 6'5"+ more often than not have mobility issues. They may look good on slower teams but teams with fast forwards can exploit them. Of course Johns moves well so its up to the scouts to do a correct assessment. Hoss and maybe 50 have prime viewing for London so I'll see how their evaluation of Zadorov goes during the season.

Old
09-23-2012, 11:05 PM
Sevanston

I've loved the idea of getting one of the top goalies in the first round of the last two drafts. This year, I'm just going to sit out of the whole debate.

I will just say that I've been hearing fantastic things about Fucale for a long time before his draft year, which is something I don't think either Jack Campbell or Malcolm Subban had going for them.

Campbell wasn't the talk of the draft until the WJCs, and Subban not until December when people realized his numbers weren't coming down to earth (though they eventually did after his groin injury).

Fucale on the other hand had been considered the best goalie of this draft for at least one year if not two (memory failing me a little). Players like that often don't disappoint.

Old
09-24-2012, 08:12 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

London had another dominant win on Sunday, beating the Guelph Storm 8-2. Alex Broadhurst had a goal and an assist in the game and now has 2 goals and 4 points through the first 2 games of the season. Broadhurst really doesn't do alot to standout, but he knows where to be to score goals and can make plays.

Also, through the first 2 games of the QMJHL season Brandon Whintey is winless (0-1-1) with a 2.41 GAA and a .932sv% and Phillip Danault has a goal and an assist, also through 2 games played.

Old
09-26-2012, 12:39 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

pretty o/t but i found this article headlined "Details emerge from hockey players’ night of drinking" kinda interesting. Obviously, UND is a big hockey school in the US - amongst others, Toews, Parise, and Oshie all went there.

Some clips from the article

Quote:
The call to UND police earlier this month that resulted in four UND freshman hockey players cited for underage drinking and seven other players suspended, came in as a request for medical assistance.

The responding officer, Cheryl Sevigny, reported that paramedics suggested two of the freshmen be watched overnight and took another to the emergency room on suspicion of alcohol poisoning.

Three passed out

Just as Garfield was going on duty that evening, he told the Herald, “I saw members of the hockey team being brought in.”

Freshman members of the hockey team live in Walsh Hall, Garfield said, and older team members were carrying in obviously intoxicated freshmen who could not walk on their own.

When he asked what was going on, Garfield said, “a few of the hockey members told me they have it taken care of and I should just go back to doing what I was doing.”

But he was concerned about the welfare of the freshmen and called 911, he said. “In the process of making the call, I deemed it morally weird and unethical if I did not go and check on them, either way. It didn’t matter what they said.”

Paramedics arrive

Gothberg, who had a strong odor of alcohol, was passed out face down on the floor and Chyzyk was lying on the futon.

Sevigny shook Gothberg, and he responded, but Chyzyk did not, even though she “shook him, tapped his face and spoke to him,” Sevigny said.

He had vomit on the front of his shirt.

“While I was trying to wake Chyzyk, someone mentioned that he had taken a lot of shots that night,” she said. “I then used a pressure point behind his right ear, Chyzyk started to move and I asked Chyzyk to speak with me. Chyzyk then mumbled he’s sleeping and swung his arm at me.”

He finally sat up and told Sevigny he was fine but had “consumed about a half bottle of straight vodka,” she said.

Altru paramedics showed up, checked Gothberg and determined he “would be fine to stay in his room,” she said.

Chyzyk needed someone to watch him all night, the paramedics said, and his girlfriend told them she would keep an eye on both Chyzyk and Gothberg.

Caggiula meanwhile, was taken to Altru Hospital for possible alcohol poisoning, Sevigny said.

and the article continues...
Toews got cited twice i think at UND for underage drinking.

my question is...is this normal in the US or is all of this overkill? It's weird to me that any newspaper (even in a small town) would give this type of blow-by-blow of college drinking - but maybe they're excited b/c there aren't very many people in North Dakota to begin with and hockey is big on campus????

maybe it's different in Canada - the oldest drinking age is 19 - although in some places it's 18 - and even if you're at college drinking "underage" you're probably a year too young at worst...i don't think you'd actually get charged/cited - at the very worst (and it would be rare) the cops would break up the party and tell you to toss your drink.

I'm assuming this article isn't real life re US universities - and it's just exciting to them in ND b/c it involves hockey players?

Old
09-26-2012, 05:02 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Erik Karlsson has signed a lockout deal with Jokerit, Teravainen's team. Teuvo isn't off to a great start (statistically), but hopefully the additions of Filppula and Karlsson can help him get on track.

Old
09-26-2012, 05:04 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Quote:
pretty o/t but i found this article headlined "Details emerge from hockey players’ night of drinking" kinda interesting. Obviously, UND is a big hockey school in the US - amongst others, Toews, Parise, and Oshie all went there.

Some clips from the article

Toews got cited twice i think at UND for underage drinking.

my question is...is this normal in the US or is all of this overkill? It's weird to me that any newspaper (even in a small town) would give this type of blow-by-blow of college drinking - but maybe they're excited b/c there aren't very many people in North Dakota to begin with and hockey is big on campus????

maybe it's different in Canada - the oldest drinking age is 19 - although in some places it's 18 - and even if you're at college drinking "underage" you're probably a year too young at worst...i don't think you'd actually get charged/cited - at the very worst (and it would be rare) the cops would break up the party and tell you to toss your drink.

I'm assuming this article isn't real life re US universities - and it's just exciting to them in ND b/c it involves hockey players?
College drinking very popular in US...lol. It's not that big of a deal though. The weight gain freshmen get in college is now up to 15 pounds from 5.

Closed Thread