HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OFFICIAL Rockford IceHogs/Toledo Walleye/Other Prospects Thread 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Sarava

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Danault is playing the best hockey of his life. I think most assumed he could, at least, be a quality checker/third liner.. but the offense he's showing is definitley incouraging. I don't think he'll end up being a top-6 forward, but a fringe one that brings excellent defense? Looking more and more likely. Still, it's early, but he's producing at a rate I don't think anyone could have expected.
Well some of us expected him to be a better player than McNeill. Err wait... one of us did

Old
10-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Rexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Well some of us expected him to be a better player than McNeill. Err wait... one of us did
unless you're talking about me, you should maybe make that two of us.

Old
10-06-2012, 02:30 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Danault, I've always been very high on him, think he'll be a very good 2-way top 6er. You won't find him in any of my trade props, love this kid's desire, determination and intellegence on the ice.

Old
10-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

Rockford lineup for tonights game in Peoria.

Forwards: Kyle Beach, Brandon Bollig, Rob Flick, Jimmy Hayes, Marcus Kruger, Peter LeBlanc, Jeremy Morin, Brandon Pirri, Brandon Saad, Andrew Shaw, Ben Smith and Martin St. Pierre

Defensemen: Joe Lavin, Brett Lebda, Nick Leddy, Dylan Olsen, Ryan Stanton and Ben Youds

Goalies: Carter Hutton, Alec Richards.

That's pretty much going to be the opening night lineup.

The back up goalie spot is only one I've got doubts about. It may be better for Simpson and Carruth to split the starts in Toledo and let Richards ride the bench in Rockford.

Old
10-06-2012, 05:11 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I believe Mac Carruth was returned to the Portland Winterhawks of the WHL today.

Quote:
@maccarruth
Well wasn't expecting this but let's go make the most of it #gohawks #memcuphunt
The move does make sense if Toledo is still affiliated with both Chicago and Detroit. There's going to be a log-jam of goaltenders. It's not great for Carruth, who had definitley out-played Richards, but because Richards is on an NHL contract he can't be moved to free up a spot during the lockout.

Old
10-06-2012, 05:25 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I believe Mac Carruth was returned to the Portland Winterhawks of the WHL today.

The move does make sense if Toledo is still affiliated with both Chicago and Detroit. There's going to be a log-jam of goaltenders. It's not great for Carruth, who had definitley out-played Richards, but because Richards is on an NHL contract he can't be moved to free up a spot during the lockout.
yeah...it seems a few players were:

Tracey Myers ‏@TramyersCSN
IceHogs reassign 6: Terry Broadhurst, Byron Froese & Kent Simpson (to Toledo), David Gilbert (to Bloomington) and Mac Carruth (to Portland).

ETA - DeSousa was released.

Last edited by UsernameWasTaken: 10-06-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old
10-06-2012, 06:24 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Release Richards, this move is dumb.

Old
10-06-2012, 06:49 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Release Richards, this move is dumb.
They can't, he's on an NHL contract and because there's a lockout, he can't be traded.

Old
10-06-2012, 07:59 PM
MagicSlap*

Love how everyone hated the Danault pick at the time and ranked him super low in the initial prospect list and now everyone thought he was going to be a stud from the beginning. I'll admit it, didn't like the pick at the time but he has proved me wrong so far. Looks like his skills have caught up with his determination and heart. Good for the Hawks.

Old
10-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

Rockford's line combos.

Smith-Pirri-Shaw
Morin-St. Pierre-LeBlanc
Hayes-Kruger-Saad
Bollig-Flick-Beach

Leddy-Stanton
Lavin-Lebda
Olsen-Youds

Hutton (starts)
Richards

Info courtesy of @kimwrona7 (well worth following if you want Icehogs updates)

Old
10-06-2012, 09:06 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
Love how everyone hated the Danault pick at the time and ranked him super low in the initial prospect list and now everyone thought he was going to be a stud from the beginning. I'll admit it, didn't like the pick at the time but he has proved me wrong so far. Looks like his skills have caught up with his determination and heart. Good for the Hawks.
I never thought he'd amount to anything, honestly. I never disliked him, but he never really got my attention at all. Having seen him on rare occassion was never impressed by his game.

Thrilled that it looks like I was totally wring about him.

Old
10-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

The Hayes-Kruger-Saad line seems to be doing very well - The Icehogs lead 3-1 and they each have a goal. Saad has also hit the post.

Old
10-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...ight=prospects

Had him 4th right after he was drafted. And I've gone back and forth with many, particularly Hosstheboss about these 2.

It was a few months after this list that I soured on McNeill as a prospect. And obviously Saad shot way up since then. There's a lot of things I shake my head at when I look at my list here, but Danault 4th isn't one of them.

As for Danault. He's not going to be a huge scorer in the NHL. He never was that type of player. People shouldn't get unrealistic expectations because he is blowing up the league in his 4th season in the QMJHL.

Old
10-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkster View Post
The Hayes-Kruger-Saad line seems to be doing very well - The Icehogs lead 3-1 and they each have a goal. Saad has also hit the post.
I splurged for the online season package to watch the Icehogs. The game tonight has no audio because it's preseason. I'm sort of half watching as I do laundry and a few other things before going out tonight. They're looking good from what I'm seeing.

Old
10-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

Rockford wins their pre-season finale 5-3.

Hayes (2), Kruger, Saad and Bollig scored the goals.

Rockford outshot Peoria 29-16.

Old
10-06-2012, 10:46 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
I splurged for the online season package to watch the Icehogs. The game tonight has no audio because it's preseason. I'm sort of half watching as I do laundry and a few other things before going out tonight. They're looking good from what I'm seeing.
That's the worst! If I can't watch a game w/ audio - it's better to have no visual but have the audio (i.e. on the radio) b/c then you can do other stuff and still know what's going on.

Topic? Broadhurst was held off the score sheet on the Knights' win tonight. Game wasn't on t.v.

Old
10-06-2012, 11:07 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
how much does that run? I'm dying for some hockey

Old
10-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
how much does that run? I'm dying for some hockey
$150 for all games for one team. That's supposedly the earlybird discount. It says the normal price is $200.

Old
10-06-2012, 11:26 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...ight=prospects

Had him 4th right after he was drafted. And I've gone back and forth with many, particularly Hosstheboss about these 2.

It was a few months after this list that I soured on McNeill as a prospect. And obviously Saad shot way up since then. There's a lot of things I shake my head at when I look at my list here, but Danault 4th isn't one of them.

As for Danault. He's not going to be a huge scorer in the NHL. He never was that type of player. People shouldn't get unrealistic expectations because he is blowing up the league in his 4th season in the QMJHL.
After the initial shock of picking Danault over some bigger names at the time of the draft, I've only ever been a fan of him. My problem has been, when people like you bring up that McNeill "regressed" in his second season, while pumping Danault's tires, you ignore that Danault's goal-scoring regressed and he was the 5th or 6th leading scorer on his team, as opposed to McNeill being the 2nd leading scorer on his, while, again, "regressing".

Old
10-06-2012, 11:47 PM
RomersWorld*

Danault didn't really do himself any favors with the critics by scoring a measly 18 goals last year. That is a pathetic number. A 1st round defenseman usually isn't 7th on his team in goal scoring, let alone a forward. If he gets 18 goals a year in junior hockey what is he expected to in the NHL? 8 goals a year? No amount of intangibles are worth a 1st rounder for that IMO.

Clearly he has stepped up his game and has been carrying his team offensively, but lets not jump the gun here. We are 9 games into the season. I do hope that he has turned a corner because if he has, then he will be a good player. Great hustle, good defense and being able to chip in offensively/physically is just what the doctor ordered. I'll try to keep myself grounded from super high expectations though. He was held to zero points tonight, so hopefully he isn't going to slump now.

Old
10-07-2012, 12:04 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Garrett Ross had a goal today. He has 3 goals and 9 points through Saginaw's first 7 games of the season.

Old
10-07-2012, 01:33 AM
Martini*
Gods Team

My thoughts on tonights game;

I had a nice, fresh, clean stream with audio thru my ISP legally, thank the lord. It is password protected, but I only gave the pw to 25 people otherwise the stream boggs down. But enough about that.

Impressed by the Kruger line, Hayes being the main cog in tonights game. Bolig, what can you say? Has been the most impressive Hog so far in PS. Toughness prevails.

Lavin had another great game. Hutton wasnt as sharp but still held on.

This will be an interesting year.

Old
10-07-2012, 04:19 AM
Finnpin

Moving TT to wing (permanently!?) was a nice and wanted move by the coaching staff. Teuvo will play today again in the 1st line with Ilari Filppula (center) and Steve Moses. Valtteri Filppula is centering the 2nd line.

Old
10-07-2012, 06:27 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Moving TT to wing (permanently!?) was a nice and wanted move by the coaching staff. Teuvo will play today again in the 1st line with Ilari Filppula (center) and Steve Moses. Valtteri Filppula is centering the 2nd line.
I think it was just a move to get his offensive confidence back, he was thinking too much on defense while at center and "thinking wrong" far too often. If/when the lockout ends, he could be moved back to center.

Old
10-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

There are a number of college exhibition games being played this weekend.

Kevin Hayes and Nick Mattson each had an assist in their teams wins last night.

Closed Thread