HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OFFICIAL Rockford IceHogs/Toledo Walleye/Other Prospects Thread 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2012, 10:20 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
I like how Broadhurst keeps racking up points in London and the posters who watch him say "Meh, he was just okay."

I'm not saying they're wrong, just that it's funny. Not what you'd expect.
I didn't say "meh, he was just okay". He got an assist...that was good. Outside of that, his game was okay...he wasn't the standout or anything. He's been playing quite a bit with Domi and Griffith who are #1 and #2 on the team in scoring. Broadhurst is tied for #3 with 4 others...he has 4g, 3a (in 7 games).

Old
10-13-2012, 03:00 AM
RomersWorld*

Just watched the Notre Dame/Maine game.

Johns with an incredible 3rd period. He made a good tape to tape pass in the neutral zone which helped lead to the only goal of the game. He laid a HUGE hit right at his own blueline on the forward receiving the puck...instead he went right to the ice. Great show of physicality. Also had a nice play with the puck, keeping control and slowing down the tempo of the game after they got the lead. He gave another tape to tape pass that lead to a 2 on 2 play as well. He even had a breakaway with 2 minutes left on a good takeaway but he couldn't control the puck on forehand backhand.

He really impresses me every time I watch him. He looked like he was a better skater...really skating great out there for his size and physicality. Also showed some good offensive skills and great composure with the puck. I really hope we get this kid signed after this year...he is ready for the AHL for sure.

Old
10-13-2012, 03:37 AM
RomersWorld*

Started watching Minnesota-Michigan St. before I realized that Justin Holl is a healthy scratch.

I lol @ that awful, awful draft. Justin Holl getting healthy scratched as a JUNIOR(2 Freshman play instead), Ludvig Rensfeldt who was 35th overall pick doesn't even get signed or re-drafted by any NHL team in 7 rounds, Kent Simpson declines statistically every year, Hayes was a huge reach at #24 and hasn't proven any doubters wrong yet... I mean come on.

Johns looks like the only good pick and he was our 5th selection at 60th overall. Plus there are rumors he might not even sign with the Hawks if he plays his senior year. Really it is a shame because there were a lot of good players to be had at each of our first 5 picks in the top 60 but Stan really blew it so far.

Old
10-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

Chris Calnan scored a goal and added an assist in a 4-2 win.

After a slow start to the season he's tallied 12pts (6g+6a) in his last 5 games.

Old
10-13-2012, 09:15 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Started watching Minnesota-Michigan St. before I realized that Justin Holl is a healthy scratch.

I lol @ that awful, awful draft. Justin Holl getting healthy scratched as a JUNIOR(2 Freshman play instead), Ludvig Rensfeldt who was 35th overall pick doesn't even get signed or re-drafted by any NHL team in 7 rounds, Kent Simpson declines statistically every year, Hayes was a huge reach at #24 and hasn't proven any doubters wrong yet... I mean come on.

Johns looks like the only good pick and he was our 5th selection at 60th overall. Plus there are rumors he might not even sign with the Hawks if he plays his senior year. Really it is a shame because there were a lot of good players to be had at each of our first 5 picks in the top 60 but Stan really blew it so far.
Where does it say Holl was a healthy scratch? Can't find anything on their site.

And there are no "rumors" that Johns won't sign with Chicago. It's speculation based on him missing the Prospect camp.

Old
10-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Where does it say Holl was a healthy scratch? Can't find anything on their site.

And there are no "rumors" that Johns won't sign with Chicago. It's speculation based on him missing the Prospect camp.
I hadn't heard any rumors either, but I admit that I've wondered it myself. It just seems odd. Prospects that seem less ready are getting shoved through the system, and there he stays at Notre Dame.

The thing is though...when the CBA gets signed eventually, he may not have a loophole to sign elsewhere like Shultz just did.

Old
10-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Guys what happened to ludviq rensfeldt?

10-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Central PA Hawk Fan

Quote:

I lol @ that awful, awful draft. Justin Holl getting healthy scratched as a JUNIOR(2 Freshman play instead), .
To be fair, that could mean anything, it might not be on-ice related.

Old
10-13-2012, 10:55 AM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Guys what happened to ludviq rensfeldt?
He just wasn't any good so he was not signed by the team.

Old
10-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Stream for Pelicans-Jokerit game: http://www.yycast.com/nibedi_com

Old
10-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Hirmu

Quote:
Teravainen gets an assist in a 4-3 earlier today. I think that is like 4 straight games with at least a point for Teravainen.

It is funny that on this site people kept saying that Pulkkinen was struggling because of Teravainen's woes and that Teravainen was holding Pulkkinen back.... right. Since Teravainen has moved away from Pulkkinen, Teuvo has been on fire and scored like a PPG. On the other hand, Pulkkinen I think has like 1 point for the 6 games or whatever they've been split up. Yeah, Teuvo has benefited playing with I. Filppula but Pulkkinen is so overrated.

Now the stats look like this:
T. Teravainen 12 games, 3 goals, 3 assists, 6 points
T. Pulkinnen 12 games, 1 goal, 2 assists, 3 points
Pulkkinen has played with V.Filppula and J.Ruutu so he's having pretty nice linemates too.

Old
10-13-2012, 11:46 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Stream for Pelicans-Jokerit game: http://www.yycast.com/nibedi_com
thanks!

Old
10-13-2012, 11:55 AM
MagicSlap*

I have decided to purchase an AHL package so for those looking for other analysis on the prospects I'll be providing my take.

Opening night baby!

Old
10-13-2012, 12:50 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Damn, I always miss the streams.. at least this time I'll catch some of the game. Thanks for sharing.

Old
10-13-2012, 12:53 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Game on my50 tonight at 7 for those local.

Old
10-13-2012, 01:02 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
I have decided to purchase an AHL package so for those looking for other analysis on the prospects I'll be providing my take.

Opening night baby!
Are you going to share the password to your super secret stream?

Old
10-13-2012, 01:03 PM
MagicSlap*

I caught the 3rd period and OT. TT didn't show very much from the portions of the game that I watched. To be fair Jokerit was on the PK a lot and TT isn't used there. I was surprised to see him line up at LW, thought he was at RW for some reason (he did play RW on the PP). Mostly he just was pretty unnoticeable, didn't have the puck much and didn't seem to click with his linemates for whatever reason. I thought his defensive awareness was strong though. He wasn't used at all in OT or the SO.

I bet Jokerit feels pretty bad about losing this game, their only GA was a shot from basically center ice.

Old
10-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
I caught the 3rd period and OT. TT didn't show very much from the portions of the game that I watched. To be fair Jokerit was on the PK a lot and TT isn't used there. I was surprised to see him line up at LW, thought he was at RW for some reason (he did play RW on the PP). Mostly he just was pretty unnoticeable, didn't have the puck much and didn't seem to click with his linemates for whatever reason. I thought his defensive awareness was strong though. He wasn't used at all in OT or the SO.

I bet Jokerit feels pretty bad about losing this game, their only GA was a shot from basically center ice.
Yup, to be fair for the goalie, the shot took at least one deflection off his team mates sticks and went top shelf. Also, this was the 7th game in two weeks for Jokerit, they also played the same team yesterday and were understandably tired towards the end. Another "fun" fact as well: Jokerit have 13 players injured in 13 games this season.

Old
10-13-2012, 01:42 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Anyone else think Nick Leddy resembles Howard Wolowitz (Big Bang Theory)?

Old
10-13-2012, 03:13 PM
lewis black

Are there any streams for the IceHogs game tonight?

Old
10-13-2012, 03:58 PM
cool story bro

I'm kind of curious about this.

I'm assuming everyone in this thread is an Ice Hogs fan. But what's the general sentiment around Chicago about the Wolves, being Vancouver's affiliate? What's the attendance at the games like, has anyone in this thread been to one? I know there aren't many players on the Wolves roster right now that Blackhawks fans have had a chance to hate yet.

Calgary has their AHL team near here, in Abbotsford, which is about a 45-minute drive from Vancouver, and whenever Chicago (or formerly Manitoba) came here the visiting team would have way more fans since Calgary is our sort-of rival (not on the same level as Van-Chi though). Is it similar over there?

Old
10-13-2012, 04:12 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

It doesn't really make a difference for the Wolves. The people who go to their games: families looking for cheap entertainment, youth groups, season ticket holders, church outings, etc etc will still go.

Their attendance is still top 5 in the A.

Old
10-13-2012, 04:17 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

And to add a bit to that, Wolves attendance took its biggest hit when the Hawks became watchable again.

Old
10-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Ilrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool story bro View Post
I'm kind of curious about this.

I'm assuming everyone in this thread is an Ice Hogs fan. But what's the general sentiment around Chicago about the Wolves, being Vancouver's affiliate? What's the attendance at the games like, has anyone in this thread been to one? I know there aren't many players on the Wolves roster right now that Blackhawks fans have had a chance to hate yet.

Calgary has their AHL team near here, in Abbotsford, which is about a 45-minute drive from Vancouver, and whenever Chicago (or formerly Manitoba) came here the visiting team would have way more fans since Calgary is our sort-of rival (not on the same level as Van-Chi though). Is it similar over there?
We go to Wolves games. I don't love the fact they are Vancouver's affiliate, but we root for them unless they are playing the Ice Hogs. There is no way I can root against the Hogs when some of the Blackhawks and their prospects are playing for them!

Old
10-13-2012, 04:40 PM
MagicSlap*

Hard to say since won't this be only the second year for that affiliation? Also, 95% of the Chicago hockey market probably doesn't know their affiliation.

Closed Thread