HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OFFICIAL Rockford IceHogs/Toledo Walleye/Other Prospects Thread 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2012, 11:02 PM
MagicSlap*

vCash: 500
Wolves win.

Hutton was fantastic tonight.

Stanton was the standout skater for the Hogs IMO, very good game for him.

No forward really impressed that much, best was probably Pirri. Biggest disappointment was LeBlanc.

Old
10-13-2012, 11:03 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

I need to figure out the stream. Anyone w/ a mac had success w/ it?

I miss our GDTs!!!!!

Old
10-14-2012, 04:23 AM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

Another 3 point game (1g+2a) for Chris Calnan on Saturday. He's now second in league scoring.

I'd liked to have seen him play in the USHL, as I'm not sure if what he's currently achieving in the EJHL is excellent or something that should be expected.

Can anyone shed some light on the EJHL and it's level of play?

Old
10-14-2012, 07:34 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

wonder if Hutton can really play his way up to the Hawks...

Old
10-14-2012, 08:10 AM
Patkane

Teuvo out next four weeks with broken finger. ****.

I think he played with this injury in yesterday's game (the injury came the day before yesterday). What the **** they were thinking?

Last edited by Patkane: 10-14-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old
10-14-2012, 10:16 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkster View Post
Another 3 point game (1g+2a) for Chris Calnan on Saturday. He's now second in league scoring.

I'd liked to have seen him play in the USHL, as I'm not sure if what he's currently achieving in the EJHL is excellent or something that should be expected.

Can anyone shed some light on the EJHL and it's level of play?
I have no idea what the EJHL actually is, although I'm a big fan of Calnan. He's got an intriguing blend of size and speed, and the bloodlines are encouraging. If I am not mistaken, he'll be headed to BC next year and we'll get a better gauge of his abilities relative to the competition.

Old
10-14-2012, 10:18 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
wonder if Hutton can really play his way up to the Hawks...
I never thought he couldn't, he's always been better than teams he was playing behind.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:05 AM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

One very noticeable thing to me in last night's game....Jeremy Morin's crappy skating. Holy hell. The guy skates like hes got 50lb cement blocks in his feet. Unless he works on explosiveness at the very least he is never going to make it in the NHL. He could've have a clear breakaway chance but didn't because his skates didn't follow the speed of his brain. It's really sad actually, I feel like he's gotten worse.

Leddy looked very comfortable out there. Half the time it looked like he was messing around. Never seen so much confidence from him.

Kruger was alright. His skating hasn't improved much either (better than Morin). He had a few good chances. Still does the no-look back pass though, drives me nuts.

Pirri has speed and good instinct, but looked like he would give up on the play if he messed up. Still has work to do before he can make it into the NHL.

Saad wasn't noticeable, then again it's only one game and its a whole new team and has a different tempo than the CHL. He has good speed, similar to Pirri but I think he has more control over what he's doing. He showed really good hockey sense. I think he'll have a big year once he gets used to his teammates.

Hayes had a good game. Lots of offensive chances, lay the body on people, looks better at skating. He and Kruger seemed to click.

Shaw didn't do much. He was being an agitator, but not much offensively from him. His defense was ok, he just didn't do much.

Joe Lavin and Ryan Stanton had good games. Impressed with what they showcased.

Carter Hutton. Wow. Best player on the team. Should've been #1 star, he had more saves and more difficult saves.

Old
10-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

playing on the same team... who looked better so far between Pirri and Krüger? We've had some discussions 1 year ago about this. Now we have the chance to see this.

Old
10-14-2012, 02:19 PM
MagicSlap*

Both were okay but I thought Pirri was much more involved in the play. Kruger had a stable game but didn't do anything "next level." If that makes sense. I thought Pirri had his struggles and was up and down but overall was better than Kruger.

Old
10-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Blue Liner

I'm just going to piggyback your post because it basically touches on every player I was going to.

I'll also preface by acknowledging that it's the first game of the season and in fact only one game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 View Post
One very noticeable thing to me in last night's game....Jeremy Morin's crappy skating. Holy hell. The guy skates like hes got 50lb cement blocks in his feet. Unless he works on explosiveness at the very least he is never going to make it in the NHL. He could've have a clear breakaway chance but didn't because his skates didn't follow the speed of his brain. It's really sad actually, I feel like he's gotten worse. I came away unimpressed with Morin as well. I got pretty high on the kid a couple of years ago and that has diminished a bit. He didn't look very good out there at all and his skating definitely left something to be desired.

Leddy looked very comfortable out there. Half the time it looked like he was messing around. Never seen so much confidence from him. I actually thought Leddy didn't look very good at all, and almost for the reasons you stated. He looked pretty lackadaisical out there, to me. Very much looked like he was a guy playing with nothing to lose, knowing he has a job already. Made some really bad plays and decisions with the puck and just looked like he was out at an open skate. That said, I'm not really worried about him or concerned with him or anything, just an observation from this one game.

Kruger was alright. His skating hasn't improved much either (better than Morin). He had a few good chances. Still does the no-look back pass though, drives me nuts. Looked like the same Kruger we know, though he looks a little bigger than he did last year.

Pirri has speed and good instinct, but looked like he would give up on the play if he messed up. Still has work to do before he can make it into the NHL. He's still one of the better skaters on the ice at any given time and was noticeable as a result. One guy I was looking forward to seeing in camp with the big club. Still think he'll be an NHL player, just a question as to what kind of role.

Saad wasn't noticeable, then again it's only one game and its a whole new team and has a different tempo than the CHL. He has good speed, similar to Pirri but I think he has more control over what he's doing. He showed really good hockey sense. I think he'll have a big year once he gets used to his teammates. He looked better to me as the game went on, but didn't anything to really stand out. Just watching him skate and handle the puck, between the style and strength of his stride and just his overall "look", you can tell he's just got something that most others on the ice at this level don't. Can't really explain it or put my finger on it, but he just has an "it" most of these other guys don't seem to have. I'm still pretty excited about him.

Hayes had a good game. Lots of offensive chances, lay the body on people, looks better at skating. He and Kruger seemed to click. Hayes was one of the few Hogs who stood out to me, and not just because he's a monster of a human being. Made some things happen, got a few good shots on net, good hits, all around good game. Another guy I'm pretty excited about. If he can figure it all out he can be a monster.

Shaw didn't do much. He was being an agitator, but not much offensively from him. His defense was ok, he just didn't do much. Can't really add anything or state it any different than you. He was just there.

Joe Lavin and Ryan Stanton had good games. Impressed with what they showcased. Agreed on both counts. Both very, very solid. I'd give an edge to Stanton but that doesn't take anything away from Lavin. I like Stanton's game a lot.

Carter Hutton. Wow. Best player on the team. Should've been #1 star, he had more saves and more difficult saves.
He's the main reason this game was even close, really. He made a lot more difficult saves than Lack had to for the Wolves. Great game, and made some amazing stops on tough plays.

Was looking forward to seeing Beach but he didn't do a whole lot. I don't think he saw a single shift in the third period, not sure what that was about. His skating still isn't very good but I'd still like to have seen him in the main camp.

All in all it wasn't the greatest of games, though the third period was much better than the previous two. Wolves carried a lot of the play and I didn't come away going "Wow" over any Hog other than maybe Hutton. Again, it's just one game and the first one at that, so it's a very small sample size and I won't make any sweeping judgement based solely on that.

Old
10-14-2012, 03:53 PM
RomersWorld*

Dillon Fournier scores another goal....that makes it 3 straight games with a goal. Impressive for a defenseman. 1st period just ended.

Garret Ross scoreless with 14 minutes left in the game.

Old
10-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Patkane

ChrisBlock ‏@ChrisBlock

Thought best player on the ice last night for #IceHogs was Marcus Kruger. Maybe more than any, this lockout will really help him #Blackhawks

Old
10-14-2012, 04:25 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Ebbett sneaks a softie by Hutton. 1-0 Wolves

Old
10-14-2012, 05:11 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

St. Pierre has been the best Hog on the ice.

Old
10-14-2012, 05:13 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Kruger is coming to life, working very hard this period.

Old
10-14-2012, 05:18 PM
RomersWorld*

Hogs give up shorthanded goal.

2-0.

Martini is crying right now but he at least has his free, extra secret stream to watch them lose.

The real question is... will Rockford score a goal this season? Short 5 on 3 PP coming up so hopefully now.

Old
10-14-2012, 05:21 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
St. Pierre has been the best Hog on the ice.
St. Pierre is also 29 and one of the oldest players on the ice for the Hogs.

Ice Hogs

Old
10-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Sevanston

Justin Holl had two assists in a 7-1 thrashing of Michigan State last night.

I'm seeing some reports that he was moved to RW due to the Gophers defensive depth and apparently looked great there.

We'll have to see what happens with him from here. This could begin a huge change in his development path.

Last edited by Sevanston: 10-14-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old
10-14-2012, 05:36 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Stephen Johns gets an assist. Notre Dame beats Nebraska Omaha 3-2. Johns scoreless in UND opening game 1-0 win vs Maine.

Old
10-14-2012, 05:40 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Kassian is such a punk.

Old
10-14-2012, 05:45 PM
brtriad

What channel is the game on today? Can't find it.

Old
10-14-2012, 05:47 PM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Kassian is such a punk.
Does that make Pirri a punk then?

Old
10-14-2012, 05:49 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
What channel is the game on today? Can't find it.
U Too. I think it's in the 240s on Comcast, could be way off though.

Old
10-14-2012, 05:49 PM
brtriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Does that make Pirri a punk then?

Wrong forum bozo.

Closed Thread