HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OFFICIAL Rockford IceHogs/Toledo Walleye/Other Prospects Thread 2012-2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-15-2012, 05:53 PM
  #601
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,452
vCash: 500
Beach played on the 4th line... behind Morin - Pirri - Shaw - Saad - Kruger - Hayes - St.Pierre - Smith and Leblanc


he will get his ice time. At the end of the game, he had one nice shift with some good work around the boards and behind the net.

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 08:22 PM
  #602
ChiGuySez
Showtime
 
ChiGuySez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,218
vCash: 500
Breaking up the stat monotony, random prospect article surfing through the net.

Michael Paliotta

Chris Calnan


Last edited by ChiGuySez: 10-15-2012 at 08:28 PM.
ChiGuySez is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 08:44 PM
  #603
ChiGuySez
Showtime
 
ChiGuySez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,218
vCash: 500
Dillon Fournier since returning to Rouyn-Noranda as their #1 dman has been making up for lost time. Rouyn has currently the 1, 2, 15 scorers in the QMJHL.

Rouyn stats
GP 6 goals 3 assists 1 +8

ChiGuySez is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 09:48 PM
  #604
ChiGuySez
Showtime
 
ChiGuySez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,218
vCash: 500
Travis Brown is also off to a fine start skataing in the second pairing with MooseJaw. T9 among dmen in a loaded dheavy WHL.

MooseJaw stats
games 9, goals 2, assists 5, points 7, -6

ChiGuySez is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 11:42 AM
  #605
hawksfan50
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,012
vCash: 500
An interesting development with JUSTIN HOLL the University of Minnesota Blackhawks 2nd rounder (Drafted 54th ) in 2010 ... He was drafted as a D-man and played on D for Minnesota in his freshman and sophmore years -but this season -it appears given the depth of talent Minnesota has on D --they have moved him to a winger position on what looked to me like the 3rd line ...He did not play in their first game,a 5-1 win over Michigan State,but played as a winger in the 2nd game,a 7-1 win again over Michigan State and collected 2 assists in that win... Do not know how the Blackhawks feel about this development but you can understand why Minnesota had to make featued room on its D corps for incoming rookies Brady Skjei the NYR first rounder ,and for and for Mike Reilly the sensational offensive scoring dynamo who had 83 pts including 24 goals for Pentincton in the BCHL last year and was a 4th rounder for columbus in the 2011 draft...given the innfusion of offense from these 2 freshmen,HOLL 's puck moving and only modest scoring was not needed in their mix given the others featured in their d-corps --big physical SETH HELGESON a SR., promising SOPH BEN MARSHALL and steady JR. NATE SCHMIDT --then they have big 6'3 210 SOPH Blake Thompson and 6'3 205 JR Mark Alt--so it is a deep and balanced mix of offensive talent and defensive size --all without even needing HOLL back there this year ...He can skate--so I guess they thought they ould find a spot for him up front--but clearly he's not going to be featured on their go to top line or even second line..SO if the Blackhawks were hoping for continued development for HOLL as a D-man,it looks like that project has taken a big detour ...don't know if this is good or bad for HOLLbut I guess we'll find out -he's 6'3 190 but did not play physically on D and so I don't think that projects for future 3rd or 4th liner duties as an NHL'er-but he is a good skater -we'll see if he can score enough to suggest this experiment can proceed to the next level.. It willbe intersting to follow..

hawksfan50 is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 03:28 PM
  #606
thrillhous
Registered User
 
thrillhous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,586
vCash: 500
Didn't see any mention of Saad with respect to the second game. How did he look? Does he seem engaged?

thrillhous is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 03:55 PM
  #607
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs
 
BBSeabs27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 2,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhous View Post
Didn't see any mention of Saad with respect to the second game. How did he look? Does he seem engaged?
Same as the first game, he shows a lot of potential but hasn't gotten used to the.

I bash Morin and he gives me 2 goals. Happens to me everytime, literally. I bash Kane, he scores. I bash Kruger, he scores. I bash Stalberg, he scores. It's a cycle. Glad to see him come to life and good to see Kruger make a non-garbage goal, maybe he can become a scorer, who knows.

Pirri was working really hard last game. Impressed with his play. Doing all the right things. He and Morin definitely benefit on a line together. Would like to see:

Morin-Kruger-Hayes
Saad-Pirri-Shaw
Beach-St. Pierre-Smith
Bollig-Flick-Leblanc

BBSeabs27 is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 04:05 PM
  #608
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 View Post
Same as the first game, he shows a lot of potential but hasn't gotten used to the.

I bash Morin and he gives me 2 goals. Happens to me everytime, literally. I bash Kane, he scores. I bash Kruger, he scores. I bash Stalberg, he scores. It's a cycle. Glad to see him come to life and good to see Kruger make a non-garbage goal, maybe he can become a scorer, who knows.

Pirri was working really hard last game. Impressed with his play. Doing all the right things. He and Morin definitely benefit on a line together. Would like to see:

Morin-Kruger-Hayes
Saad-Pirri-Shaw
Beach-St. Pierre-Smith
Bollig-Flick-Leblanc
Just bash the entire team the entire season. We'll all know why you're doing it.

Blue Liner is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 04:06 PM
  #609
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 View Post
Same as the first game, he shows a lot of potential but hasn't gotten used to the.

I bash Morin and he gives me 2 goals. Happens to me everytime, literally. I bash Kane, he scores. I bash Kruger, he scores. I bash Stalberg, he scores. It's a cycle. Glad to see him come to life and good to see Kruger make a non-garbage goal, maybe he can become a scorer, who knows.

Pirri was working really hard last game. Impressed with his play. Doing all the right things. He and Morin definitely benefit on a line together. Would like to see:

Morin-Kruger-Hayes
Saad-Pirri-Shaw
Beach-St. Pierre-Smith
Bollig-Flick-Leblanc
You should bash all of them every night and we would win every game.

TorMenT is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 05:44 PM
  #610
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,198
vCash: 500
Phillip Danault and Dillon Fournier have been selected to take part in the Subway Super Series for the QMJHL

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 05:53 PM
  #611
zytz
lumberjack
 
zytz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,807
vCash: 500
Depending who plays on the Wing, I'd like to see Pirri get a shot at 2C. Hes a hard worker and doesn't seem to think of anything other than the back of the net. Kruger is a hard worker in a different way, always looking for the smart play. I'd like to see how a line performs when you swap those two.

zytz is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 07:16 PM
  #612
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs
 
BBSeabs27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 2,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Just bash the entire team the entire season. We'll all know why you're doing it.
Hahahaa, I cant bash them intentionally it doesn't work. I've done it before. It has to be heat of the moment. Although Kane hasn't showed up every time I've bashed him.

BBSeabs27 is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 07:39 PM
  #613
ChiGuySez
Showtime
 
ChiGuySez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
An interesting development with JUSTIN HOLL the University of Minnesota Blackhawks 2nd rounder (Drafted 54th ) in 2010 ... He was drafted as a D-man and played on D for Minnesota in his freshman and sophmore years -but this season -it appears given the depth of talent Minnesota has on D --they have moved him to a winger position on what looked to me like the 3rd line ...He did not play in their first game,a 5-1 win over Michigan State,but played as a winger in the 2nd game,a 7-1 win again over Michigan State and collected 2 assists in that win... Do not know how the Blackhawks feel about this development but you can understand why Minnesota had to make featued room on its D corps for incoming rookies Brady Skjei the NYR first rounder ,and for and for Mike Reilly the sensational offensive scoring dynamo who had 83 pts including 24 goals for Pentincton in the BCHL last year and was a 4th rounder for columbus in the 2011 draft...given the innfusion of offense from these 2 freshmen,HOLL 's puck moving and only modest scoring was not needed in their mix given the others featured in their d-corps --big physical SETH HELGESON a SR., promising SOPH BEN MARSHALL and steady JR. NATE SCHMIDT --then they have big 6'3 210 SOPH Blake Thompson and 6'3 205 JR Mark Alt--so it is a deep and balanced mix of offensive talent and defensive size --all without even needing HOLL back there this year ...He can skate--so I guess they thought they ould find a spot for him up front--but clearly he's not going to be featured on their go to top line or even second line..SO if the Blackhawks were hoping for continued development for HOLL as a D-man,it looks like that project has taken a big detour ...don't know if this is good or bad for HOLLbut I guess we'll find out -he's 6'3 190 but did not play physically on D and so I don't think that projects for future 3rd or 4th liner duties as an NHL'er-but he is a good skater -we'll see if he can score enough to suggest this experiment can proceed to the next level.. It willbe intersting to follow..
Ugh. Holl couldnt keep a spot in a college lineup, even if Min is deep. Some posters who follow Min didnt even rate him as the 4th best dman last year. Looks like another 2nd round pick down the tubes.

ChiGuySez is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 06:08 AM
  #614
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhous View Post
Didn't see any mention of Saad with respect to the second game. How did he look? Does he seem engaged?
nothing to talk about. Not good, not bad.

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 01:30 PM
  #615
hawksfan50
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,012
vCash: 500
McNeill's cooled off ..he's now got only 10 pts in 11GP ...(4g6a) --that is below a point a game and trending lower than last year which was lower than his first year in ppg ---so actually trending DOWN ...to boot he's -3 and has never been a positive player in the WHL ...TSK,TSK--another hope bites the dust and could bust. He should be doing better than this at his age and experience in the league..

hawksfan50 is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 01:44 PM
  #616
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Any idea if he's playing wing or center?

MagicSlap* is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 02:09 PM
  #617
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
McNeill's cooled off ..he's now got only 10 pts in 11GP ...(4g6a) --that is below a point a game and trending lower than last year which was lower than his first year in ppg ---so actually trending DOWN ...to boot he's -3 and has never been a positive player in the WHL ...TSK,TSK--another hope bites the dust and could bust. He should be doing better than this at his age and experience in the league..
Post like these are what's wrong with this board when it comes to prospects. McNeill and his team have had 3-4 bad games in a row, after a very strong 8 game stretch (where McNeill had at least a point in every game). For god sakes.. if McNeill has 7 points in his next 2 games, which raises his pts/games played to 17/13, does that suddenly mean he's not a bust and will, without doubt, reach his ultimate potential?

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 03:26 PM
  #618
Hawkster
Got Cup?
 
Hawkster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Zambia
Posts: 1,454
vCash: 500
Joakim Nordstrom had a good game for AIK today. He scored 2 goals and added an assist in a 5-1 win over Brynas.

Maxim Shalunov got his first point (assist) since October 1st in a 3-1 win. His team didn't play well in that time, scoring only 2 goals in 4 games.

Hawkster is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 03:34 PM
  #619
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Post like these are what's wrong with this board when it comes to prospects. McNeill and his team have had 3-4 bad games in a row, after a very strong 8 game stretch (where McNeill had at least a point in every game). For god sakes.. if McNeill has 7 points in his next 2 games, which raises his pts/games played to 17/13, does that suddenly mean he's not a bust and will, without doubt, reach his ultimate potential?
Yeah I'd like to see things play out over the sample size of an entire season.

Blue Liner is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 08:31 PM
  #620
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,963
vCash: 500
Watching the Canada-USA olympic replay on TSN right now, and I can confirm something that I thought of before, but wasn't sure about.. Brandon Saad play very much like Patrick Marleau. They look near identical on the ice, the way they skate.. I've thought of it before, but haven't seen enough of Marleau, but that's who I'd compare Saad too. I'm not saying Saad will be as good, but for playing style - Big, but not really a powerforwad. Great skater, great shot, good goal-scorer and playmaker - that's who Saad most reminds me of, as a comparable.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
10-18-2012, 02:12 PM
  #621
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,452
vCash: 500
like this comparison and hopefully he will end up as good

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
10-18-2012, 02:14 PM
  #622
brtriad
Registered User
 
brtriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Loop
Country: United States
Posts: 13,004
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Anyone care to chime in on why LeBlanc is gifted such good ice time?

brtriad is offline  
Old
10-18-2012, 03:31 PM
  #623
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs
 
BBSeabs27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 2,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Anyone care to chime in on why LeBlanc is gifted such good ice time?
He was leading goal-scorer last year, but is playing like garbage right now. So I think they're hoping he will bounce back and is just having a tough start.

BBSeabs27 is offline  
Old
10-18-2012, 04:26 PM
  #624
Martini*
Gods Team
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhous View Post
Didn't see any mention of Saad with respect to the second game. How did he look? Does he seem engaged?
Saad has looked out of place and disinterested, imo. But then again, I am not too impressed with the influx of talent that has come to play in the A right now.

Lavin has looked solid, as has Morin, who I think has turned the corner and is back to playing up to his potential now that the concussion issues are behind him.

I will be at the home opener this weekend and the matinee game on sunday to offer more unbiased input on how this team is actually playing.

Martini* is offline  
Old
10-18-2012, 08:05 PM
  #625
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Saad has looked out of place and disinterested, imo. But then again, I am not too impressed with the influx of talent that has come to play in the A right now.

Lavin has looked solid, as has Morin, who I think has turned the corner and is back to playing up to his potential now that the concussion issues are behind him.

I will be at the home opener this weekend and the matinee game on sunday to offer more unbiased input on how this team is actually playing.
Unbiased? Tell me, how has Marcus Kruger been playing Martini, in your unbiased ("Kruger wouldn't survive in the AHL") opinion?

HockeySensible is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.