HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OFFICIAL Rockford IceHogs/Toledo Walleye/Other Prospects Thread 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2012, 07:40 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
I'd roll something like...

Leddy-Stanton
Olsen-Youds
Lavin-Lalonde

Haven't been impressed with Dalhbeck. Would've liked to see Clendening get more time in the NCAA. Lebda, just at the moment, seems to not really been needed.
I disagree, Dahlbeck looked pretty good in yesterday's game. Still too early, just like Saad, he too needs time to adjust to new teammates.

Old
10-22-2012, 08:32 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

The only time I heard Youds' play mentioned when was Chris Block was comparing him to Lalonde, to provide context as to how bad Lalonde had played.. not exactly praise. Nevermind the fact that Youds was the worst player on the ice, that I saw, at the Oshawa Prospect tournament last year - obviously that's pre-pre-season hockey, and it was a year ago, but still.

Youds doesn't have a future in Chicago. I doubt he has a future in the NHL, but at the very least he has no future in Chicago.. guys like Clendening and Dahlbeck should be playing ahead of him and Dylan Olsen should simply not be scratched.

Old
10-22-2012, 08:45 PM
MagicSlap*

He was the second best D men on the Hogs in the games I've watched this year (STanton being the first followed by LEddy).

If the only argument is to let other guys develop then send down a guy like Lavin.

Old
10-22-2012, 08:51 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
He was the second best D men on the Hogs in the games I've watched this year (STanton being the first followed by LEddy).

If the only argument is to let other guys develop then send down a guy like Lavin.
Lavin was the team's best rookie last year and he's a leader on the team (from the sounds of it).

I haven't seen a Hogs game this year and I only saw a couple last year.. but to me, it was always a no-brainer that Youds should be the one to go down.

Old
10-22-2012, 08:58 PM
Sevanston

I'd rather send down Lebda if we're just demoting guys to open roster spaces.

Youds has no NHL future, but if our prospects can't beat him squarely for playing time in the AHL, they probably have no NHL future either.

Old
10-22-2012, 09:10 PM
MagicSlap*

I don't claim to be an expert on the Hogs so just saying by my limited viewings over the past two years and especially this year Youds was very solid. Definitely one of the better D men on the Hogs. I understand the need to develop the young guys but they somewhat have to earn the time as well

Old
10-22-2012, 09:35 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

I noticed that David Toews (brother of Jonathan) is now playing for the Bakersfield Condors, who I don't think are an affiliate of an NHL team. He'd been traded to the Hawks, assigned to the Hogs, and then loaned to the Walleyes last year. Anyone know what happened?...I guess he's been cut lose by Chicago altogether?

Old
10-22-2012, 09:43 PM
MagicSlap*

I don't recall him ever being signed to a pro contract by the Hawks. Never was a great prospect.

Old
10-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Sevanston

He was acquired for future considerations, so his chances of being an NHL player were pretty slim even when we got him.

Old
10-22-2012, 10:25 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
I don't recall him ever being signed to a pro contract by the Hawks. Never was a great prospect.
^^yeah, I agree.

He was the Islanders 3rd round pick in '08 - and I vaguely recall ppl saying that was a bit generous at the time.

You're right he was never a great prospect - I just looked at elite prospects to jog my memory and after he graduated from Shattuck he went to UND for two years and then played a year in the WHL for Brandon - that year in Brandon he was an overage player and put up unimpressive #s.

His Brandon year was 10/11 and then in Sept. 2011 the Hawks acquired him from the Iles for future considerations.

Then he played 2 games in rockford (his only AHL experience) getting 0 pts and then was assigned/loaned to Toledo.

I assume the Hawks' involvement was as a favour to big brother.

In any event, I was just wondering if anyone knew how his Toledo tenure ended. Maybe if he's lucky he'll be able to get a contract in Europe.

I'm obviously not an expert on these things - but I've always thought it would be more stifling to be the younger hockey-playing brother to a successful player than the older brother. If you're older you look at the kid-sibling excelling - but you also have a leg up on independence. I'd think if you're younger it would be more difficult

Old
10-22-2012, 11:35 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

I have no problem with Lavin. He can be a roster fill in case of injury like Hendry. Hawks coaches like his positioning. USPDT pedigree but limited upside. They way I see it, that slot is currently between him and Stanton as the fill on LD. Im giving the edge to Lavin.

Stock up with Kruger. Has consistently gotten better with each game he plays over here in NA. Not saying hes the #2C answer but if another injury or other happens to Bolland, Im looking at him to fill that slot. The #2C is still open.

Old
10-23-2012, 05:13 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Is this stream for all Rockford games or was it just for the game(s) last night/over the weekend?
stream/Link was only for this game. May be a different for the next if there is a link

Old
10-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
The only time I heard Youds' play mentioned when was Chris Block was comparing him to Lalonde, to provide context as to how bad Lalonde had played.. not exactly praise. Nevermind the fact that Youds was the worst player on the ice, that I saw, at the Oshawa Prospect tournament last year - obviously that's pre-pre-season hockey, and it was a year ago, but still.

Youds doesn't have a future in Chicago. I doubt he has a future in the NHL, but at the very least he has no future in Chicago.. guys like Clendening and Dahlbeck should be playing ahead of him and Dylan Olsen should simply not be scratched.
I guess I should have been more specific with my statement.

I by no means think he is good enough to have a future with the Hawks. I just meant I think he's too good to be in the Coast. Even if it's not as an Icehog, the guy should be in the AHL somewhere. I understand the Hawks' thinking if they want to clear up space so guys with a potential future with the Hawks get to play more. Totally get that and am fine with it. Just meant, generally speaking, from the little bit I've seen of him I think he's good enough to be in the AHL somewhere and not down in the Coast. Again, that's also speaking from a small, small sample size.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:40 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
I'd rather send down Lebda if we're just demoting guys to open roster spaces.
Serves no purpose to demote Lebda. Hes there for his NHL experience to share with the Hogs younger players besides playing in Detroits puck possession type d who the Hawks still want to model.

Old
10-25-2012, 07:29 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Mark McNeill was named to the WHL Subway Super Series team. Chicago has 4 players that are going to take part in the series: Phillip Danault, Dillon Fournier (QMJHL), Mark McNeill (WHL) and Maxim Shalunov (RUS). The first game is on the 5th of November and the final game is on the 15th.

Old
10-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Cullksinikers

Very cool.

Old
10-26-2012, 07:16 AM
MagicSlap*

From last night's Hogs game I'd say the standout Hogs were: Smith, Kruger, Leddy and Morin.

It's puzzling to me why guys like Brookbank are in the lineup over Saad.

Hutton continues to impress me. Whereas players like LeBlanc have not.

Just my 2 cents.

Old
10-26-2012, 12:38 PM
MagicSlap*

Danault had 2 assists yesterday

Old
10-26-2012, 12:41 PM
MagicSlap*

Also, I will be buying a crystal clear and super private WHL stream tonight and providing my unbiased opinion of Hawk's prospect Mark McNeill. I will not be disclosing my stream password to any of you ungrateful ****s.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:13 PM
RomersWorld*

Travis Brown fights 6'5 player..

Big overreaction on the hit by the announcers haha. But I hope we have a steal with Travis Brown. 13 games, 2 goals, 9 assists, 11 points for a defenseman...not bad.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:34 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Also, I will be buying a crystal clear and super private WHL stream tonight and providing my unbiased opinion of Hawk's prospect Mark McNeill. I will not be disclosing my stream password to any of you ungrateful ****s.
Please, please share it with me, I so desire a crystal clear picture of a low definition stream from ****ty old cameras! I'm so jealous, will you be my friend?

Old
10-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Travis Brown fights 6'5 player..

Big overreaction on the hit by the announcers haha. But I hope we have a steal with Travis Brown. 13 games, 2 goals, 9 assists, 11 points for a defenseman...not bad.
Loving this pick so far!!!

Old
10-26-2012, 06:01 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Travis Brown is currently T5 in scoring for dmen in the WHL.

Interesting pairs of top scoring dmen among the various teams...

MooseJaw - Morgan Reilly, Travis Brown
Kelowna - Myles Bell, Damon Severson
Brandon - Ryan Pulock, Eric Roy
Everett - Ryan Murray, Landon Oslanski
Portland - Derrick Pouliot, Troy Ruskowski

Old
10-26-2012, 08:44 PM
MagicSlap*

McNeill looks very good so far. Has a goal after the 1st period and has created a few other chances.

Haven't noticed much of Travis Brown but he seems steady to me.

Old
10-26-2012, 10:31 PM
MagicSlap*

McNeill looked good, much more offensive than I thought he'd be. Very involved in the offensive zone, made a lot of smart plays there and has good instincts. Needs to refine them though. However, not impressed with his board play and faceoffs.

Travis Brown, wow, great game for this kid, looked awesome. Didn't show up on the score sheet but created a lot of chances, surprised by his offensive game but really his defense was the highlight. Made a lot of plays and looked good. Reminded me of Ryan Stanton. Very solid.

Closed Thread