HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OFFICIAL Rockford IceHogs/Toledo Walleye/Other Prospects Thread 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2012, 06:31 PM
MagicSlap*

vCash: 500
My feed had died but I guess MSP scored.

Morin just had a pathetic penalty shot attempt denied

Old
10-28-2012, 06:58 PM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Sweet write up pvr. It took time to detail that. I try to read everyones game comments whether I acknowledge them or not.
Thanks. Could probably have written even more. Loved the action in front of me.

Anyone know how to upload photos so they don't take up so much file space here? I'm only allowed just over 1mb, and i'd like to put a bunch on here.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:01 PM
MagicSlap*

Clendening picks up his first goal as a pro

Old
10-28-2012, 08:42 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Brandon Whintey came on in relief (by the looks out it) and stopped 30/32 in a 4-1 loss; Danault was held scoreless. Dillon Fournier had an assist and was +1 as Rouyn-Noranda beat up on Rimouski 8-3.

Old
10-29-2012, 06:25 AM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

A few more updates from the last week.

Kevin Hayes - 2 goals and an assist in a 6-3 win over UMass Lowell.

Vince Hinostroza - scored a shorthanded goal in a 3-0 win on Friday and added a goal and assist in an 8-3 win over Youngstown on Sunday.

Chris Calnan - Tallied a goal and an assist in a 4-3 loss on Wednesday, and 2 goals in a 3-1 win on Sunday.

Johan Mattsson - Posted a 17 save shutout on Friday, but didn't fare as well on Saturday saving 30/35 shots in a 5-2 loss.

Last edited by Hawkster: 10-29-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old
10-29-2012, 06:36 AM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

Toledo played 3 games this weekend.

Byron Froese, Terry Broadhurst and the AHL contracted Ben Youds played in all three games. Youds had 3 assists, Froese had one helper and Broadhurst drew a blank.

Froese and Broadhurst both have 4pts in 6 games so far (1g+3a).

Kent Simpson started in 2 of the games. He saved 22/26 shots in a 4-1 loss on Friday and saved 25/27 shots in a 4-2 win on Sunday.

In Bloomington, David Gilbert had 2 assists in a 3-2 win over Wichita on Saturday after going scoreless in Friday's 6-4 win. He has 3 assists in 4 games so far.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

A few tweets regarding Rockford's scratches. Thanks to @ChrisBlock.

Quote:
We'll try to get updates on these after, but #IceHogs injuries right now are Nick Leddy (head), Brandon Saad (leg), Brandon Svendsen (arm)
Quote:
Officially, per #IceHogs coach Ted Dent, Nick Leddy (head) is day-to-day. Saad (leg) expected to start skating again this week
Quote:
Dent on Dylan Olsen, a healthy scratch for 3rd time in 8 gms, "He's got some areas in his game he needs to improve. He needs to play harder"

Old
10-29-2012, 09:35 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Pardon my ignorance if it has been posted here already... but did Leddy get blasted in the head with an elbow or something? I do my best to keep up with this thread, but I don't recall ever seeing anything mentioned about someone blowing him up or anything. All I ever see on him is how smooth his skating has been in the A.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:36 AM
MagicSlap*

Yeah Dylan Olsen has not been very good so far. Skating is still a big concern for him, he looks so slow out there almost like he's not even trying. To be fair though Lebda who took his place last night has not been great either.

Leddy having a head injury certainly isn't great.

I still don't understand some of the coaching decisions in regards to ice time. Beach has, in my opinion in his limited time, been one of the better Hogs.

With Bollig serving a fighting major yesterday, it was Flick who was brought up to the 2nd line instead of Beach. Very strange.

Also, Pirri is just simply the best Hog night in night out.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:37 AM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Pardon my ignorance if it has been posted here already... but did Leddy get blasted in the head with an elbow or something? I do my best to keep up with this thread, but I don't recall ever seeing anything mentioned about someone blowing him up or anything. All I ever see on him is how smooth his skating has been in the A.
I was watching the last game he played and was surprised to not see him play in the next game, I don't remember anything major. So not sure.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:56 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Broadhurst's play has started to taper off a bit.

He now has 4g, 7a (11pts) in 14 games.

Last edited by UsernameWasTaken: 10-29-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old
10-29-2012, 10:10 AM
zytz
lumberjack

I'll keep saying it, I'd really like to see Pirri at 2C for 15-20 games. I think if you put him next to defensively responsible Sharp or Hossa, or both perhaps, that could be an effective line. He's quick too right? Maybe play him next to Stalberg?

I just want to see if the kid can still create offense in the NHL. He just seems hungry for the back of the net like few of our NHLers are.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:37 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
Yeah Dylan Olsen has not been very good so far. Skating is still a big concern for him, he looks so slow out there almost like he's not even trying.
Just reinforces my opinions about Olsen. Appeared to regress significantly after strong pre-draft WJC appearances. Actually probably not regression as much as lack of improvement in skating and poor scouting evaluation. Heavy shot like Cam Barker but dzone play is exploitable against higher competition. Sometimes he can look passable a potential 3rd pairing NHL dman. Other times not even close. Closest I can come is something along the lines of a Brian Bickell without the upside or agility. Hugely inconsistent. The Hawks have him pegged as the top RD prospect. They need to re-evaluate RD prospect depth.

Quote:
Also, Pirri is just simply the best Hog night in night out.
Pirri has produced big offensive numbers at every level throughout his career. His performance continues to improve. He would be the equivalent of a senior in college if he stayed at RPI. Im hoping he will fill #2C. Stock up.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:37 AM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
I'll keep saying it, I'd really like to see Pirri at 2C for 15-20 games. I think if you put him next to defensively responsible Sharp or Hossa, or both perhaps, that could be an effective line. He's quick too right? Maybe play him next to Stalberg?

I just want to see if the kid can still create offense in the NHL. He just seems hungry for the back of the net like few of our NHLers are.
Yeah, I actually think a line of Stalberg-Pirri-Hossa could be very interesting.

Pirri's defense is very underrated around here, not in the sense that he's great or anything but he's not the liability people make him out to be.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:45 AM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Just reinforces my opinions about Olsen. Appeared to regress significantly after strong pre-draft WJC appearances. Actually probably not regression as much as lack of improvement in skating and poor scouting evaluation. Heavy shot like Cam Barker but dzone play is exploitable against higher competition. Sometimes he can look passable a potential 3rd pairing NHL dman. Other times not even close. Closest I can come is something along the lines of a Brian Bickell without the upside or agility. Hugely inconsistent. The Hawks have him pegged as the top RD prospect. They need to re-evaluate RD prospect depth.

Pirri has produced big offensive numbers at every level throughout his career. His performance continues to improve. He would be the equivalent of a senior in college if he stayed at RPI. Im hoping he will fill #2C. Stock up.
Yeah Olsen's positioning is just not where it would need to be for him to overcome his skating, I just wonder if his hockey IQ will ever be high enough to be anything more than a #6/7 D man.

Pirri has earned an extended stay as the Hawks #2 C in my opinion.

Meanwhile, Kruger has slowed down since his "hot" start and just seems to be trying to force the play to me. I'm actually surprised by how improved his skating seems to be, seems stronger on them (that's relative to where he was before though).

Old
10-29-2012, 11:05 AM
RayP

So anyone going to the Romney and Obama in Icehogs jersey bobble head night, November 3rd?

Old
10-29-2012, 12:08 PM
RomersWorld*

Mac Carruth stops 15 of 15 for another shutout. Just incredible what he has been doing since getting reassigned.

His stats so far:
4 games, 4 wins, 0 losses, 0.75 GAA, .967 SV%, 2 shutouts

Old
10-29-2012, 12:26 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Yeah Olsen's positioning is just not where it would need to be for him to overcome his skating, I just wonder if his hockey IQ will ever be high enough to be anything more than a #6/7 D man.

Pirri has earned an extended stay as the Hawks #2 C in my opinion.

Meanwhile, Kruger has slowed down since his "hot" start and just seems to be trying to force the play to me. I'm actually surprised by how improved his skating seems to be, seems stronger on them (that's relative to where he was before though).
Yeah, Olsen could pick it up and would do better with a little more of a consistent system to operate under. There seems to be too much improvising and freewheeling this early in the Hogs season. I think Pirri was always our best shot at a 2C since he was drafted and is certainly paying his dues well in Rockford. The lines will always change but giving him a shot between two great players like Hossa and Sharp could do wonders for him if he ever gets a real chance and if we ever get a season. I think he is easily that 60-75 pt consistent 2C that we've been hoping for.

For those watching the Rockford games, what wingers have looked the best so far this season? Do any of you get the impression that Kruger might actually make a better impact in Chicago if he is put on the wing somewhere?

Old
10-29-2012, 12:29 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
So anyone going to the Romney and Obama in Icehogs jersey bobble head night, November 3rd?

Not going to lie, I was thinking about going this weekend, and now I'm even more tempted!

And never would've guessed in a million years that that was supposed to be Romney without the name there. Obama's is a decent representation, but Romney's looks nothing like him.

Old
10-29-2012, 12:34 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Not going to lie, I was thinking about going this weekend, and now I'm even more tempted!

And never would've guessed in a million years that that was supposed to be Romney without the name there. Obama's is a decent representation, but Romney's looks nothing like him.
Yeah, that looks nothing at all like Romney... I would have never guessed him in a million guesses.

Old
10-29-2012, 12:49 PM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
Yeah, Olsen could pick it up and would do better with a little more of a consistent system to operate under. There seems to be too much improvising and freewheeling this early in the Hogs season. I think Pirri was always our best shot at a 2C since he was drafted and is certainly paying his dues well in Rockford. The lines will always change but giving him a shot between two great players like Hossa and Sharp could do wonders for him if he ever gets a real chance and if we ever get a season. I think he is easily that 60-75 pt consistent 2C that we've been hoping for.

For those watching the Rockford games, what wingers have looked the best so far this season? Do any of you get the impression that Kruger might actually make a better impact in Chicago if he is put on the wing somewhere?
I've been impressed by: Smith, Hayes, Beach, Morin

And probably in that order as well.

I really like what Smith has been bringing to the table. He's hitting and working hard, playing tough fundamental hockey, going to the net and the goals are finally coming. Looks great. He also takes a lot of faceoffs (in the place of Pirri which is kind of Pirri's lone glaring weakness to me).

Hayes has been very good as well. Very phycial which I'm glad to see him do consistently, he, like Smith, is just doing the right things. He doesn't have the "x factor" if that makes sense though, some guys if you see them on a good chance you think they'll convert more times than not, with Hayes I feel the opposite. Still though, solid player just maybe 2nd line upside.

Beach has surprised me as having played very well in his limited role so far. He's stuck on the 4th line with Flick and a rotation of Brookbank and Paradis and is just clearly better than them. Only one point so far (a goal) but that's more a product of his surrounding talent than his game. His goal was a wicked shot as well. I just think there's so much upside and he's hitting hard, playing responsibly and still has shown a lot of offensive promise. As I've said in this thread before it astounds me he's getting passed over for ice time for guys like Bollig. He started the year making some dumb penalties by trying to play aggressive but over the last few games where the Hogs have been playing very well he's been one of the best forwards. Still believe in the upside, top line potential still.

Morin is just inconsistent as can be. He's still making plays at times but goes MIA for long stretches. I like his physical game and he does play well along the boards but he can be a frustrating player to watch because the talent is so obviously there. It's not that he's been unimpressive he just is close to being there and yet he's not and I don't really see a reason why. Example, made a nice play on the rush and drew a penalty shot and then his attempt was ridiculously terrible, I don't think he even shot it. Stuff like that.

As far as unimpressive...

Shaw: Just not really getting it going for whatever reason
LeBlanc: I was curious about this guy and he's been BAD so far
Paradis: Ugh
Brookbank: Ugh

As far as Kruger I doubt he's more effective on the wing than he would be as a center. I mean, maybe if it would help him simplify his game some. He's just trying to do way too much out there and he's over thinking everything. You can tell he's obviously still not used to the NA game. He hasn't been bad but he hasn't been great either.

Old
10-29-2012, 12:50 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Good thing about Pirri is he's a shoot first player. For a team that overpasses he'll make a nice addition.

Old
10-29-2012, 12:52 PM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Mac Carruth stops 15 of 15 for another shutout. Just incredible what he has been doing since getting reassigned.

His stats so far:
4 games, 4 wins, 0 losses, 0.75 GAA, .967 SV%, 2 shutouts
Portland Winterhawks @pdxwinterhawks
Stat of the Day: Hawks have allowed just one PP goal through month of October thus far, killing 38 of 39 penalties this month (97.4%).

Old
10-29-2012, 01:26 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Quote:
If I remember correctly, the reason Olsen left U-Min early was b/c of grades. Dosent necessarily mean that correlates to playing ability but there it is.

Old
10-29-2012, 01:30 PM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
If I remember correctly, the reason Olsen left U-Min early was b/c of grades. Dosent necessarily mean that correlates to playing ability but there it is.
Yeah it was but plenty of guys aren't intelligent of the ice and have insane hockey IQs. College just wasn't for Olsen.

Closed Thread