HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

OFFICIAL Rockford IceHogs/Toledo Walleye/Other Prospects Thread 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
08-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
The wolves aren't that great either!

Old
08-20-2012, 01:06 PM
hawksfan50

Well Sudbury Wolves lost 2-1 to riga (latvia) Jrs today.so maybe the assertion CHL is the best will have to wait awhile (of course who says Sudbury is the best Jr. teameven inthe OHL?) ...

BUT back to our Chicago prospects..note that Sudbury did not have Johan Mattsson on the roster for the trip to Russia and found other article that he was among a few vets not expected back this season ...I have not heard anything but is he going to polay back in Sweden this season or is there a trade to some other OHL team brewing (or has one been done yet?) ...THE Hawks have not signed him yet (one more year holding his rights) ---anyway I'm wondering where he is targeted to play this year? Was he not recovering from off-season surgery and so only attended Hawks Prospects Camp on the sidelines this year? Maybe he's not yet ready to resume play and sudbury can't trade him tillhe's healthy again? Someone in the know please update the situation with him to enlighten us on these issues with him..

Old
08-20-2012, 01:46 PM
RomersWorld

Pretty sure Sudbury decided he wasn't worth it as an overager. I don't know the rules but I think you can only carry 2 overagers and Mattsson wasn't wanted. That is what I heard anyways.

From what I understand he is going to Brynas to be the backup

http://www.sskoveralltalltid.se/?p=11261

I doubt we sign him anyways after this year.

Old
08-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
Well Sudbury Wolves lost 2-1 to riga (latvia) Jrs today.so maybe the assertion CHL is the best will have to wait awhile (of course who says Sudbury is the best Jr. teameven inthe OHL?) ...
I know, I just wanted to start some heated arguments, because i'm so bored with this summer.

Old
08-20-2012, 02:12 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

I like Mattsson more than Carruth from what I've read/seen.. but with Carruth and Simpson both signed and with the Hawks likely high on Whitney it's unlikely that Mattsson gets a contract unless he has a stand-out season in Sweden.

Old
08-21-2012, 12:37 AM
KnugenSSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Pretty sure Sudbury decided he wasn't worth it as an overager. I don't know the rules but I think you can only carry 2 overagers and Mattsson wasn't wanted. That is what I heard anyways.

From what I understand he is going to Brynas to be the backup

http://www.sskoveralltalltid.se/?p=11261

I doubt we sign him anyways after this year.

Mattsson will not play in Brynäs, they already signed another goalie. Right now he is attending a local propect camp in Sweden. You can read more about it on the blog. Talked to him two days go at the camp, did feel healthy, but no word on new club.

Old
08-21-2012, 09:39 PM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
Lineup eventually?

Top 6
Sharp-Toews-Kane
Saad-TT-Hossa
Shaw-Bolland-McNeil
Kayes/Beach-Danault-Hayes

Keith-Seabrook
Leddy-Hammer
Olsen-Clendening
Johns

(Kayes enter roster matured and ready to contribute in any form)
When you say "eventually" what timeframe are you thinking of?

If Danault can improve on his scoring he's better than a 4th line player.

Old
08-22-2012, 05:08 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

he talks about his NHL13 franchise mode lineup

Old
08-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Sevanston

http://thethirdmanin.com/2012/08/22/...for-mini-camp/

The Third Man In confirms, 12 Blackhawks players/prospects are training with Swedish Allsvenskan team Södertälje

Quote:
List of Blackhawks players and prospects in Sweden for this week’s workouts:

Nick Leddy
Marcus Kruger
Dylan Olsen
Jimmy Hayes
Kevin Hayes
Ben Smith
Brandon Pirri
Jeremy Morin
Brandon Saad
Adam Clendening
Klas Dahlbeck

Brandon Bollig will join the group on Wednesday after clearing up a passport issue.
Barry Smith, Ted Dent, and a couple others are also there helping with these sessions.

Old
08-22-2012, 04:05 PM
RomersWorld

Seems strange that Kevin Hayes would be going since he is still in college. He would have to pay for everything himself but maybe his brother is helping out. They are probably staying together.

Old
08-23-2012, 05:26 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

looks like Bowmans "untouchable prospects" list

Old
08-23-2012, 01:21 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

Anyone know where Calnan is playing this year? Thought he was going to Waterloo to join Hinostroza but I don't think that's where he's going given that he's not with the team in Russia. Staying in Highschool for another year? Joining a different USHL team? I know he's going to BC in 2013.

Old
08-23-2012, 03:05 PM
hawksfan50

I'm still curious as to why they did not sign Rensfeldt -even more curious as to why no NHL club took him on Re-entry...in my opinion there were plenty of "prospects" from prior drafts and from the 2012 draft both for us and from other teams that probably are more "suspect" than him as a prospect --not that e would ever dominate but neither will most of them--IF they make it ..BUT with the size ,good skating,and skills he has i do not understand why anybody gave up on him so fast especially since "BIG" guys take longer to fully develop -you don't know what he could be at 23-24 ....but to give up on a 20 year old with that size and decent toolkit-I do not understand it..

I would not have written him off that early especially for that size of player..

I'm surprised no other NHL team took him even in the late rounds..Surely a 2nd rounder (who many scouts had going late first) with that size and decent (i did not say 'great' ) ability is worth a gamble in the 5th -7th rounds against the longshots usually drafted there...So as mystifying as to why the Blackhawks gave up so early on him it is more mystifying why other NHl teams let him go through re-entry untaken..Can't figure this one out. He did not dominate the OHL in his one year in Sarnia BUT he did not stink either ....for some reason EVERYONE believed he had no more development potential --so i guess that is it.

Meanwhile from the blackhawks we get these raves about DANAULt and CLENDENINg and K. HAYES as if their development potential is stratsopheric (well at least as to "impact" bottom six NHL forwards or 3rd or even 2nd pairing D-men in CLENDENING's case ..but I don't think that is assured or how much beyond average they willbe even IF they make it to those levels...

MAYBE RENSFELT did also not justify top six forward projection,but I don't think he'd have less impact than you could project for Danault or K. Hayes as a bottomm six forward if he developed out to "make it" to that level.

I guess we shall see... IF by 23-24 he did develop to what looks like a useful 3rd line NHL'er (20-20 guy) then some NHL team willbite at him as a free agent. BUT now no team has any investment in him--so it is upto him to prove he deserves a shot in future to make an NHL roster...

He is playing for MALMO in the ALLVENSKAN ..

9would have been hilarious if he signed with Sodertalje instead of Malmo...How uncomfortable would it have been at this training mini-camp with all the Hawks prospects had that been the case? What if he outshone our signed prospects then? THAT would have put egg on the Haws brass' faces... BUT alas,we shallnever know--for he is with Malmo.

Old
08-23-2012, 05:34 PM
RomersWorld

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Anyone know where Calnan is playing this year? Thought he was going to Waterloo to join Hinostroza but I don't think that's where he's going given that he's not with the team in Russia. Staying in Highschool for another year? Joining a different USHL team? I know he's going to BC in 2013.
I was wondering the same. Looks like Chris Calnan is being an idiot and playing at his high school again... that is my guess. Worst thing for his development.

Old
08-23-2012, 06:37 PM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

I wonder why he's still in high school. Did he fail a grade? He was born May 5, 1994 - so normally you'd expect him to have graduated from high school June 2012.

If he's staying in high school to play more - that's just a bad idea.

Old
08-23-2012, 07:21 PM
RomersWorld

Maybe he decided to play for the EJHL's Southshore Kings? I just have a feeling he made the worst choice possible and returned to face that weak competition. Joining Waterloo was his best option but the EJHL is probably next best. Not sure if AJHL is an option...not sure how those Boston junior leagues work exactly.

Old
08-23-2012, 07:36 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

FWIW, Collegehockeyinc.com has Calnan listed as a Waterloo Black Hawk and that he'll be starting at BC in 2013, which we already knew: http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/commitments.php (lists a bunch of palyers, just search for "Calnan" with 'Find on Page')

Old
08-23-2012, 07:47 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

And just found this tweet from @bchockeyblog1 from August 22nd:

Quote:
@bchockeyblog1
Hearing that Chris Calnan will go to the Waterloo Black Hawks of the USHL next year. Not 100% yet.
So, looks like he's (at least) leaning to go to Waterloo. I'm pretty sure he and Hinostroza are good friends and obviously Chicago was likely pushing for Waterloo.

Old
08-23-2012, 07:49 PM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

The Black Hawks don't have there 2012 roster on their website yet - i'm assuming they have some sort of camp at the beginning????

It really doesn't make sense for Calnan to stay on his high school team - not a good idea.

Old
08-23-2012, 07:51 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

Unrelated.. Those London Knight jerseys were the best in the CHL and one of the best in sports IMO. I really wish they'd go back to them, but I doubt that'll happen. At least the ones they won during the Mem. Cup run have the same logo, even if they don't have the same look.

Old
08-23-2012, 09:39 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I wonder why he's still in high school. Did he fail a grade? He was born May 5, 1994 - so normally you'd expect him to have graduated from high school June 2012.

If he's staying in high school to play more - that's just a bad idea.
Prep schools offer a fifth-year senior kind of a thing a lot of the time. Don't know if that's the kind of school he went to but I know a lot of them do that. Don't know the criteria for doing it or being able to do it.

He'd be much better off in the USHL and I have to think that's ultimately what he'll do.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Jokerit lost to EV Zug in Switzerland 1-4, Teräväinen got an assist on the lone Jokerit goal.

Old
08-25-2012, 06:19 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

thanks again for the updates

Old
08-26-2012, 06:34 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Jokerit beat Zürich Lions 3-2 yesterday, no points for Teräväinen or anyone else in his line.

Old
08-26-2012, 04:27 PM
IceHog1962

With the looming NHL lockout, anyone else think ComCast should show at least one IceHog game per week?
A Rockford station is showing all 76 games this coming season, bet it wouldn't be that difficult to purchase their feed.

Closed Thread