HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

OFFICIAL Rockford IceHogs/Toledo Walleye/Other Prospects Thread 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
08-27-2012, 01:54 AM
DontToewzMeBro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
When you say "eventually" what timeframe are you thinking of?

If Danault can improve on his scoring he's better than a 4th line player.
2-3years

Old
08-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Sevanston

Chris Didomenico signs with Asiago in Italy's Serie A league.

Never should've traded for him in the first place.

Old
08-27-2012, 11:22 PM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

It looks like Calnan might be staying at his high school after all:

Kenisha ‏@heyitskenisha
@ccalnan11 You're staying at Nobles?!

26 Aug Chris Calnan Chris Calnan ‏@ccalnan11
@heyitskenisha im not boarding but i think so ya

Old
08-28-2012, 07:45 AM
RomersWorld

What an idiot, seriously.

What the hell is the point of playing in HS other than being with your BFFs? If he wasn't serious about becoming an NHL player then he shouldn't have been drafted so high. Now he plays like 27 games against ****** competition instead of 50+ against much higher competition in the USHL for Waterloo. He already got accepted to BC, so don't give me any BS about wanting to graduate from a highly esteemed high school, like that even matters anyways. He took the easy way out and has shown he isn't committed to do everything to make his game better and that is worrysome. Very disappointing.

Old
08-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

has anybody read the NHL.com 30in30 about the Hawks and the prospects?

They ranked McNeill as #9, Teräväinen as #5 and they say that the Hawks are really high on Beach and have some hope he finally puts it together. Saad was #1 with Pirri as #2

Old
08-28-2012, 02:54 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 1948
Pirri is underrated here. Should be No. 3 behind Saad and TT. I could see putting him behind Olsen and at 4 but that's it. I like where they put McNeill.

Old
08-28-2012, 04:15 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

Wasn't a fan of their prospect rankings at all. It looks like they simply looked at the stats of each player and put the list together that way.

(Assuming Jayes, Shaw and Olsen don't count)

1. Saad
2. Teravainen
3. McNeill
4. Pirri
5. Danault
6. Morin
7. Clendening
8. Beach
9. K. Hayes
10. Johns

The whole bit on McNeill going back to the WHL and "hoping" to "answer some of the questions the Hawks still have on him" is pretty much crap. That can be copy and pasted to every single prospect.

McNeill has less holes in his game than Pirri and even Teravaien.. but the latter is obviously more talented and while Pirri may bring a bit more offensively, McNeill is without doubt the more well-rounded prospect, despite being 2 years younger.

Old
08-29-2012, 05:35 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

tbh I would take Pirri over McNeill too

I think their ranking was also with "who is close to the NHL"

Old
08-29-2012, 06:16 AM
DontToewzMeBro

I want to watch these damn kids play

Old
08-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Teräväinen scored his first goal of the pre-season, Jokerit beat HIFK 4-3 after shootout, TT scored the second goal for Jokerit(a rebound goal) when they came back from 0-3 to win.

Old
08-31-2012, 08:01 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

Alex Broadhurst has two goals for London against Sarnia after the 2nd period of the pre-season opener. Seeing him for the first time, there are a couple things I've noticed: First, he doesn't really jump out at you with any particular skill/attribute. He's a solid skater, but lacks a high-end gear. He's made some good plays/passes, but nothing that really standouts out thus far. Basically, he's a player that lacks a standout tool/skill (from what I've seen) but knows where to be and where to go to score goals. His first goal was off a rebound at the side of the net that he tapped in and his second was a 2-on-1 where he started the play by passing the puck up to Welychka and then driving the net to get a pass back for another tap-in.

It's the first game of the pre-season, but it looks like he should be poised for a nice season in the OHL.

Old
08-31-2012, 08:07 PM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Alex Broadhurst has two goals for London against Sarnia after the 2nd period of the pre-season opener. Seeing him for the first time, there are a couple things I've noticed: First, he doesn't really jump out at you with any particular skill/attribute. He's a solid skater, but lacks a high-end gear. He's made some good plays/passes, but nothing that really standouts out thus far. Basically, he's a player that lacks a standout tool/skill (from what I've seen) but knows where to be and where to go to score goals. His first goal was off a rebound at the side of the net that he tapped in and his second was a 2-on-1 where he started the play by passing the puck up to Welychka and then driving the net to get a pass back for another tap-in.

It's the first game of the pre-season, but it looks like he should be poised for a nice season in the OHL.
is that game on tv?

Old
08-31-2012, 08:09 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
is that game on tv?
It's on the London Rogers channel. If you have the OHL pack, it maybe/probably is on that too.

Old
08-31-2012, 08:16 PM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
It's on the London Rogers channel. If you have the OHL pack, it maybe/probably is on that too.
Unfortunately, I only have Toronto Rogers which is showing the "Ontario Championship Finals - Junior Division." 10 year old tristan was unable to correctly spell "judiciary".

I don't have the OHL pack - is it good? do you get a lot of games?

Old
08-31-2012, 08:28 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

The only downside to the OHL pack is that they don't air games in the US: Saginaw, Plymouth and Erie (I believe). Other than that, it's great. If you have a PVR, it's even better.. every weekend last year I had 3-5 games recorded at once making sure I caught as many Saginaw, Sarnia and London games as possible.

I usually get the Super Sports Pack through Rogers that includes NHL Center Ice, the NFL pack, NBA pack, Nascar and OHL Action Pack. I don't really care for the NFL pack and the NBA pack even less so but it's only 30 bucks a month for everything, so I usually get it when the season starts and then cancell it once the Mem. Cup starts (OHL pack airs playoff games, NHL pack doesn't).

BTW - Alex Broadhurst has a hattrick now. All goals tap-ins as a result of being in the right place at the right time. Also has an assist. A very good debut for him.

Old
08-31-2012, 08:37 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

Must have missed an assist, but Broadhurst has 5 points as London's currently up 7-2 in the third period. This is a case where the points can be decieving. Broadhurst's had a good game, but he hasn't been dominant or dynamic. He's been in the right place at the right time, like I said before.

Old
08-31-2012, 08:47 PM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
The only downside to the OHL pack is that they don't air games in the US: Saginaw, Plymouth and Erie (I believe). Other than that, it's great. If you have a PVR, it's even better.. every weekend last year I had 3-5 games recorded at once making sure I caught as many Saginaw, Sarnia and London games as possible.

I usually get the Super Sports Pack through Rogers that includes NHL Center Ice, the NFL pack, NBA pack, Nascar and OHL Action Pack. I don't really care for the NFL pack and the NBA pack even less so but it's only 30 bucks a month for everything, so I usually get it when the season starts and then cancell it once the Mem. Cup starts (OHL pack airs playoff games, NHL pack doesn't).

BTW - Alex Broadhurst has a hattrick now. All goals tap-ins as a result of being in the right place at the right time. Also has an assist. A very good debut for him.
i haven't gotten centre ice before. i was going to get it year but now w/ the lockout i don't want to get stuck paying for something i can't watch for 3 months.

i might just by the ohl pack and then maybe the nhl depending on the length of the season...and if i like them both buy the sports pack next year. the thing is i won't watch the football, basketball, or nascar - so there's probably not worth it to get the sportspack.

Old
09-01-2012, 06:45 AM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

Teravainen scored a goal for Jokerit in their 4-3 SO win over HIFK.

You can see the goal at around the 1:51 mark.

Old
09-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Teräväinen with an assist today, Jokerit beat IFK again 5-1 in a physical encounter. Youtube highlights will be interesting...

Old
09-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Teräväinen with an assist today, Jokerit beat IFK again 5-1 in a physical encounter. Youtube highlights will be interesting...
How does TT handle the more physical games? Does he play the perimeter or is he going to the dirty areas?

Old
09-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
How does TT handle the more physical games? Does he play the perimeter or is he going to the dirty areas?
Just to clarify, "physical" meant 277 penalty minutes combined.

Old
09-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

Russia finished bottom of the standings in the latest U20 Four Nations tournament, but Maxim Shalunov did OK. He scored a goal in each of the three games and finished with 5 pts.

Old
09-03-2012, 06:53 AM
nudpedler

EDIT: nothing.

Last edited by nudpedler: 09-03-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Old
09-03-2012, 06:59 AM
nudpedler

double post. :/

Old
09-03-2012, 10:46 AM
BBSeabs27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Just to clarify, "physical" meant 277 penalty minutes combined.
Well does he at least have a little bit of an attitude?

Closed Thread