HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

OFFICIAL Rockford IceHogs/Toledo Walleye/Other Prospects Thread 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
09-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 View Post
Well does he at least have a little bit of an attitude?
That's not his style.

Old
09-04-2012, 12:37 PM
hawksfan50

vCash: 500
I saw the 5 point (hat-trick+2A) game Broadhurst had in the Fiday night London win over Sarnia...I also saw the Sunday 2-0 London loss to Saginaw (and watched Hawks prospect draftee Garret Ross in that game) ....I did not see London's 6-2 loss to Sarnia on Monday (not sure if Broadhurstplayed or not in that game) ...

Some notes: London did not play several of its top players in the Sunday and Monday games they lost (Oli Maatta and Scott Harrington--their top 2 D-men,and Ty Domi and Seth Griffith--their top 2 returning scorers) ---so although Broadhurst only got to play with London's best lineup in the first game-though he did not play on Domi or Griffith's line-still the depth London had that night probably is a better indication of how good they can be than the latter 2 games where they were evaluating talent and bubblr guys tying to make their team..

From the 2 games I did watch --some observations on 3 London players (our Chicago draftee ALEX BROADHURST and 2 undrafteds --the '94 born goalie JAKE PATTERSON who went undrafted last year --he plated only 6 games for London last year --most of the year he was in Jr. B after an early bout with mono,and the big 6'4 200lb NIKITA ZADOROV the 17 year old first time draft eligible (2013) D-man who London traded up for and drafted 9th in the CHL import draft...

ALEX BROADHURST-- true, he did not beat anyone one on one with any dynamic lift 'em out of the seats efforts in his hat-trick +2A game in the first pre-season contest on Friday night ...nor was he physical --hardly touchjed anyone out there--BUT he skates well ,gets to lose pucks before others because of anticipation/hockey sense, the puck also follws him around uncannily ,he gets into open spots -the right spots and you wonder how did he know the puck was going there 2 moves before it did--so you can see points coming easily from tap-ins-right plavce right time,or off open shots he gets with a quick relese and unlike 'fumblers" who blow so many scoring chances,his quick shot can get into the net before goalies can react --sort of makes it look easy... He also sets up guys off the rush or from the corners with lightning quick passes right on the tape --a sort of oppsit of Pat Kane who though known for his vision and passing--does it by slowing down the play first and making plays from the hal-boards to open guys...Broadhurst moves the puck much quicker -such that if you are not ready to receive the pass you will likekly fumble it and blow your scoring chanvce ..the puck is on his stick then off it in a blink to set up a scoring chance....IN the 2-0 Loss to Saginaw --Broadhurst set up several -at least 5 great scoring chances with lightning quick passes -getting rid of it before opponents can check him (why he -at least in the 2 games I saw,did not get hit a lot
the puck is gone and he is off to some open spot in case f a rebound or anricipating a lose puck ) --one of these 5 chances he sets up a linemte in the slot and the guy muffs the one-timer,another such set-up and the shot rings off the cross-bar, some of the others were stopped by great saves from Saginaw goalie JAKE PATERSON (drafted 80th overallby Detroit last draft--alas I wanted Chicago to draft him!)---yes this game on Sunday featured JAKE PATERSON in net for SAGINAW vs. JAKE PATTERSON in net for London --so same name except the undrafted as yet PATTERSON has 2 "T's" in his last name...PATERSON for Saginaw was brilliant with 48 stops to get the shut-out --BUT with a bit more liuck London could have had 5-6 goals in this game -they had lots of "great" scoring chances but hit posts,muffed shots or were robbed by PATERSON... Broadhurst could have easily had 4 more assists had London cashed in on his great set-ups...
ANOTHER observation on Boradhurst: in the 2 games I saw.I do not think I saw him lose a face-off--he was dominant in the face-off circle..
Still-though ALEX BROADHURST looked bigger than his listed 5'10 174lbs
it is more the lack of physical play that probably keeps him from the BIG show despite all his other hockey attributes..

AS for JAKE PATTERSON the undrafted as yet "94 born--he looks very good too --probably is the Lodon back-up this year but could earn the starter role as the year goes on..Keep himin minf for this year's draft -he could emoerge as one of the best OHL goalies this season...

NOw the kid that most wowed me...BIG 6'4 200lb London rookie D-man NIKITA ZADOROV ...I usually advise Chicago to steer clear of Russkies-but I declare ALREADY this guy is worth moving up for...Despite the greatness of the 2013 draft with kids like MCKINNON,MONHAHAN, JONES etc... this Russian kid D-man has the combo of size,skating,hockey sense,physicality.desire and work ethic,reach, jump up or stay back ability to play the game any style you want --I am really really impressed ---he has "IT"--you cannot not be drawn to his presence on his shifts...
He could be as good as anyone from this icredibly talemnted 2013 draft class...
THis kid could help Chicago NOW --I'm telling you--keep the radar on him..
He willbe a franchise linchpin NHL d-man...

Old
09-04-2012, 09:07 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I thought Jake Paterson looked better than Bailie and he looks much more confident/athletic than he did last year. I could see him splitting time in London this year and if he keeps up what showed against Saginaw he will be worth a later-round draft pick in 2013.

Old
09-04-2012, 11:26 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

leaving aside what the scouting reports say, how does broadhurst project from what you/fiddy have seen so far (obviously it's very, very early).

Old
09-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Hey folks,

I did an article on Danault after talking with him last month and you can check it out here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...m-last-season/

One additional thing worth mentioning that I didn't fit into the article: Danault said the main feedback he got from Chicago last year after training camp was that they wanted him to improve his upper body strength. He says he's worked really hard on it and feels it is no longer much of an issue.

I think Danault is pretty much a lock for a spot on the World Junior team this year and as I mention in the article, he formed a very strong penalty-killing unit with Boone Jenner, a Columbus Blue Jackets prospect at the Canada-Russia Challenge. He also was on a line with Montreal prospect Charles Hudon who garnered rave reviews for his play in the series. Hudon's a bit of a smaller player and I believe that Danault's presence on that line really helped Hudon be able to play his game and gave him some extra time and space on the ice. Danault's definitely a guy who likes to throw his body around.

09-05-2012, 08:23 PM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

^Thanks for the info. Nice job on the article.

Old
09-06-2012, 11:10 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
leaving aside what the scouting reports say, how does broadhurst project from what you/fiddy have seen so far (obviously it's very, very early).
I'd say he's a longshot to be a top-6/9 forward but could surprise. A couple scouting reports I've read (including HockeyProspects' recent ranking) say he's a speedy forward.. but I didn't see any of that in the two games I saw. There's nothing wrong with his skating, it just doesn't standout from what I saw. He's pretty slight at this point, so he'll need to bulk up aswell. At this point, he's got a ways to go before getting a serious look in the NHL but he does have good hockey sense and can make/finish plays, so he could be a pleasant surprise.

Old
09-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

Shalunov has again begun the season in the MHL.

0pts in his first 2 games.

Old
09-06-2012, 11:22 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Shalunov would have been/would be so much better off in the CHL.

Old
09-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Shalunov would have been/would be so much better off in the CHL.
I would've loved to see him in the CHL as well.

Old
09-06-2012, 01:48 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Is it odd he's not playing in the KHL? I thought he had been playing for his KHL team.

Old
09-07-2012, 11:09 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Is it odd he's not playing in the KHL? I thought he had been playing for his KHL team.
I don't know how odd it is but I thought he'd be playing in the KHL this year.

Old
09-07-2012, 11:55 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
The KHL is notorious for playing veterans over youngsters.

Old
09-07-2012, 11:57 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
The KHL is notorious for playing veterans over youngsters.
SEL is the same, no?

I get there's a benefit to playing in an "adult" league - but I wonder if it wouldn't be better if the 18 year olds who have been drafted (and 19 year olds) just played in the CHL where the level of play might be inferior to a euro pro league but they'd be getting a ton of time on ice.

Old
09-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Jokerit molested Frölunda Indians 7-1, Teräväinen has two assists I think.

Old
09-07-2012, 01:38 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Jokerit molested Frölunda Indians 7-1, Teräväinen has two assists I think.
i love language differences

Old
09-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
i love language differences
Not exactly a language difference, I just thought that fit better than arseraped.

Old
09-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Highlights from the game (Teräväinen assist on the last goal):

Old
09-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Excellent article on Kyle Beach;

http://icehogs.com/news/?article_id=3441

The biggest transition for any hockey player is when he goes from juniors or college to the American Hockey League. American League to the NHL is certainly a step, but in some ways they’re close leagues. But junior hockey is a lot different. You’re playing against kids that are 16 to 20-years-old. And then you get to the American league and you’re playing against guys who are bigger and stronger.
That combination of agitator and contributor is not easy to find in professional hockey and is why Beach’s skill set is coveted by the Blackhawks organization. Heading into the new campaign, Bowman expects an even greater evolution to the winger’s game.

Thats from Bowman.

Doesnt say anything about euro leagues.........

Old
09-07-2012, 02:57 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Excellent article on Kyle Beach;

http://icehogs.com/news/?article_id=3441

The biggest transition for any hockey player is when he goes from juniors or college to the American Hockey League. American League to the NHL is certainly a step, but in some ways they’re close leagues. But junior hockey is a lot different. You’re playing against kids that are 16 to 20-years-old. And then you get to the American league and you’re playing against guys who are bigger and stronger.
That combination of agitator and contributor is not easy to find in professional hockey and is why Beach’s skill set is coveted by the Blackhawks organization. Heading into the new campaign, Bowman expects an even greater evolution to the winger’s game.

Thats from Bowman.

Doesnt say anything about euro leagues.........
That's bc players in the CHL or NCAA (who are almost entirely Canadian or American) who don't just make the jump to the NHL will go to the AHL (to the team that is the minor league affiliate to the team that drafted them)...they don't go to europe to play in a professional league

If you were a Canadian kid playing in the CHL, you've been drafted by an NHL team, and have aged out of the CHL but aren't ready for the NHL obviously you will go to your team's affiliate...you're not going to head to the SEL for a couple of years....and that's not b/c the AHL is somehow superior.

I would think that the jump from the CHL straight to the NHL is even bigger than from the CHL to the AHL...but b/c the article doesn't mention that so I suppose, with your logic, the jump to the AHL is actually more difficult

Old
09-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
That's bc players in the CHL or NCAA (who are almost entirely Canadian or American) who don't just make the jump to the NHL will go to the AHL (to the team that is the minor league affiliate to the team that drafted them)...they don't go to europe to play in a professional league
Precisely. The majority of the time, North American players who go to Europe to play pro are players whose NHL career prospects have dwindled or never existed to begin with and they're just finding a way to continue their hockey careers somewhere. It says nothing about the quality of play in the more elite leagues over there.

Old
09-07-2012, 03:09 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Precisely. The majority of the time, North American players who go to Europe to play pro are players whose NHL career prospects have dwindled or never existed to begin with and they're just finding a way to continue their hockey careers somewhere. It says nothing about the quality of play in the more elite leagues over there.
Yeah...that's because those leagues are desirable after the NHL - those players don't dream of playing in the AHL forever. Better to go to a pro-league in europe where the money and level of play is better (i.e. KHL and SEL).

Old
09-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
SEL is the same, no?

I get there's a benefit to playing in an "adult" league - but I wonder if it wouldn't be better if the 18 year olds who have been drafted (and 19 year olds) just played in the CHL where the level of play might be inferior to a euro pro league but they'd be getting a ton of time on ice.
not really. If you are good, you will play. Some teams build their teams with youngsters. They get plenty of chances

Old
09-09-2012, 05:12 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Alex Broadhurst had a couple more points in two pre-season games for London against Plymouth on Friday and Saturday. Now has 4 goals 7 points in (I believe) 4 pre-season games. I wouldn't expect a huge season from Broadhurst, but as a 19-year-old I'd expect 25ish goals and near a point-per-game (68 game schedule).

Old
09-10-2012, 03:35 AM
Bleach Clean

Hawks fans, could you shed some light on your former prospect Ludvig Rensfeldt:

1. Why wasn't he signed by the hawks?

2. If still unsigned (not sure on current status), what do you propose the reasons are behind that?

3. What do you think he projects to be?

Thx in advance.

Edit: Just saw the articles about him not being good enough to warrant an ELC and/or about wanting too much money. He also hasn't been signed yet AFAIK. Judging from all the information, it seems he's either a late bloomer or bust. But he is just 20 though so it may be too soon to tell?...

Last edited by Bleach Clean: 09-10-2012 at 04:23 AM.
Closed Thread