HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash - This Is The Trade That Doesn't End, Yes It Goes On And On My Friend

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2012, 01:37 PM
RyanCallahan24*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
I doubt that gets Kadri and Kulemin out of Toronto, let alone Nash. You're offering absolutely nothing.
Are we talking about 7 goal Kulemin (and u guys mock Dubinsky's off year haha) + 2009, 7th overall pick aKa Kadri who can't even get a spot on Toronto who desperately needs a #1C.

Bust Kadri + Kulemin = good package?

Old
07-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Not getting him sorry. He fills a huge need for us. And why do you want him? He's at least 1-2 seasons away from NHL and you're ''stacked'' on D.
haha....you are hillarious. Any prospect with any value is off limits. Unreal.

All Ranger proposals are invalid going forward. ALL of em.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:41 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Just stop, man. Not everyone on this team is untouchable. You're not making this easier for Rangers fans by overrating everyone and their mother.

He wasn't putrid (that's a bit extreme), but he slowed down. I think he just got tired. Torts's system was very, very hard on the guys and it showed come playoff time.

---

CLB fans -- what say you on the proposed deal?

Dubinsky, Stepan, Thomas/St. Croix/Fogarty/Yogan/etc., 1st in 2013

for

Nash

I can bet you $1000 dollars that that package will not get traded for Nash. Hell I'll even throw in 500 bucks. Stepan won't be moved since we have NO ONE who can play in the top 6C spot if he gets traded. Richards (sure), Anisimov (nope, not if we wanna contend).

Ever heard of the word logic? It's not logical for the Rangers to downgrade on the 2C spot when we have a potential 30+30 player in Kreider (which we didn't have last season) who will help us score goals.

We're in a way better position this year then we was last year with the addition of Kreider and possibly Miller as a call up.

The only down part is Gaborik's injury.

Other than that we're better. Oh and we got a healthy Staal at the start of the season. I'd say we could survive without Nash if we needed to.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:43 PM
NashPF61

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKL889 View Post
I feel so bad for jacket fans having that guy as your GM.
Most jackets fans like the moves Howson has made thus far ; ( Bobrovsky, foligno, Ryan Murray, Aucoin.) some good looking additions.

If they tank next year then Howson will continue to take heat, thats hockey.

i hope to god that Rick Nash somehow ends up staying in CBJ (high hopes) , but good on Howson for taking his time with this delicate situation.

which ever team wants this guy , you better be willing to pay up. Im looking at you NYR

Old
07-06-2012, 01:44 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post

He's not off limits, just saying we need him in the future. Do you? The last 2-3 threads all CBJ fans have done is bragged about your defense saying no we don't need anymore D. Not even if it's Del Zotto.

And don't come with the bs ''we're stacked on PMD's''. Del Zotto's value is waaaaaaaay higher that McIlrath's so why not keep/move Del Zotto for another forward or a way better D prospect that McIlrath?

Makes no sense at all.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post

It's just as bad as the ridiculous devaluing Columbus fans are trying to push about our prospects.

Both sides are kind of being ridiculous about this.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:45 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Are we talking about 7 goal Kulemin (and u guys mock Dubinsky's off year haha) + 2009, 7th overall pick aKa Kadri who can't even get a spot on Toronto who desperately needs a #1C.

Bust Kadri + Kulemin = good package?
That package sucks as a return for Nash, but it's better than Dubinsky, nothing, nothing, nothing and a low first round pick, which was what was proposed.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
WHARRGARBL.
That's nice. It wasn't addressed to you.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:49 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
That's nice. It wasn't addressed to you.
Wow nice quoting me and changing everything about the post (whichever you edited). Mature troll .

Old
07-06-2012, 01:49 PM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashPF61 View Post
Most jackets fans like the moves Howson has made thus far ; ( Bobrovsky, foligno, Ryan Murray, Aucoin.) some good looking additions.

If they tank next year then Howson will continue to take heat, thats hockey.

i hope to god that Rick Nash somehow ends up staying in CBJ (high hopes) , but good on Howson for taking his time with this delicate situation.

which ever team wants this guy , you better be willing to pay up. Im looking at you NYR
LOL. As nobody in the NHL has been williing to "pay up" so far, what makes you think anyone will?

Craig Patrick still remembers when the Rangers....the franchise of his ancestors........fired him. I don't think that he wants to see Nash in NYC. At this point, I have to believe that the bar has been set higher for the Rangers than it as for anyone else. I expect Nash to be playing n San Jose or somewhere else next season, not in NY.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Wow nice quoting me and changing everything about the post (whichever you edited). Mature troll .
I edited your post to reflect what was in it since I don't like quoting huge amounts of text.

You need to calm down.

You are treating everyone on here with disrespect. Chill out.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:53 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Your first question was

which you seem to have conveniently ignored.
You want to go tit for tat? Fine by me.

I figured that when mentioning a guy like Couture or Skinner, that that context would be implied there since that was the original subject matter.

The word police has been called in, be on guard, everyone.

Quote:
You've spent an awful lot of time bemoaning CBJ fan trolls and unreasonableness when NYR fans have spent so much time moving the target, so to speak.
There's a select few that continue to do so and if they want to continue with it, I'll continue calling them out for it while debunking their points. They're the ones complaining about the Ranger fans offering peanuts, which almost no one is. But our prospects and Dubinsky are crap, right?

As for NYR fans moving the target, I think after so long of trying to reason with some of guys, they've just gotten tired of it. I can't blame them.

Cash for Nash has "caved to every NYR fan offer"? When? Is this before or after bashing the prospects that have been offered? Great example of "caving in".

Point is... You don't see guys the stature of (since I have to watch every word I say) Couture or Skinner get traded for Nash. Younger players who equal an older player's production at about 25% of the cost that said player.

If Voracek falls under young star, then so does Dubinsky. Career averages are about the same. That title still hold relevant for Jake now?

Old
07-06-2012, 01:54 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse2411 View Post
NYR fans, please stop over dramatizing..

Peter Forsberg, Mike Ricci, Ron Hextall, Chris Simon, Kerry Huffman, Steve Duchesne, two first-round picks is NOT the equivalent of say a Dubi, Stepan/Kreider, Hagelin trade. Quit thinking your team is full of super stars. Quit thinking all prospects for Nash. Quit thinking your above all on a pedastool.

I realize this is a specuation forum but be realistic. You all apparently want Nash to some extent due to the fact you're on here. Media may be saying Howson's asking price is "outrageous and too high" but here majority of these proposals have been the complete opposite. You keep defending how Miller and Thomas are can't miss and Columbus should be happy to take them. First off, they would play in the AHL and they're looking for NHL ready players. Second, not for a guy like Nash. You may not like him as much as he should be liked or that of his contract but show some respect.
Eric Lindros was the "Next One". His value today is similar to no-one other than Crosby. I can't even believe you think Nash is worth the return that Lindros fetched.

If you want to compare era's and player value, Nash finished 52nd in pts this season. his career finishes among points leaders are as follows: 52nd, 31st, 37th, 18th, 40th. To find similar guys that hung out in that neighborhood, and were not the best two way players in the game (Messier, Yzerman, Fedorov), Nash's value is more in line with Valeri Kamensnky, Palffy, Nedved, Gelinas, Stumpel, Yashin. I think this is a fair assessment since Nash is primarily a point producer, and many of those guys also played on terrible teams through this period. All guys that have fallen in very similar position among league point producers. If you exclude that 18th place finish, and go with an average, his company is a fair bit less impressive. Lindros was finishing top 10 or top 5 every season.

All this talk about what Lindros pulled in is insane. Ottawa's offer (should Nash have taken it), was really really strong.

talk about overdramatizing...

Old
07-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:

for

Nash
Yes.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:56 PM
coachwithoutahead

Quote:
Just stop, man. Not everyone on this team is untouchable. You're not making this easier for Rangers fans by overrating everyone and their mother.

He wasn't putrid (that's a bit extreme), but he slowed down. I think he just got tired. Torts's system was very, very hard on the guys and it showed come playoff time.

---

for

Nash
As a long-time CBJ fan, I think this would come pretty close to getting it done. I could see how Howson/Patrick/CBJ could get hung up trying to either sweeten their side to get Miller, or sweetening to get 2 of the B level prospects you mentioned. Good work, man. Value seems to be fair for a prime-age top-5 goal scorer on a contract that's about 1.5 million too heavy.

Stepan, Dubinsky, Miller, 1st for Nash, 2nd

Or

Stepan, Dubinsky, Thomas, Yogan, 1st for Nash, 3rd?

Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Can everyone shut up and talk about my offer?

Dubi, Stepan, Thomas/St. Croix/etc., 1st in 2013.

For

Nash

Old
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Yes.
Alright. Well I guess we should the papers in.

Columbus and Rangers fans agreeing on a trade? No ****ing way.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:57 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
LOL. As nobody in the NHL has been williing to "pay up" so far, what makes you think anyone will?

Craig Patrick still remembers when the Rangers....the franchise of his ancestors........fired him. I don't think that he wants to see Nash in NYC. At this point, I have to believe that the bar has been set higher for the Rangers than it as for anyone else. I expect Nash to be playing n San Jose or somewhere else next season, not in NY.
He's the same guy who sent Jagr to the Capitals for Beech, Sivek, and Lupachuk just so he could **** the Rangers over when the Rangers offered the same deal that got them Lindros (Johnsson, Hlavac and Brendl).

If you don't think Sather isn't playing some sort of hardball with Columbus for a small measure of revenge, you're out to lunch.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachwithoutahead View Post
As a long-time CBJ fan, I think this would come pretty close to getting it done. I could see how Howson/Patrick/CBJ could get hung up trying to either sweeten their side to get Miller, or sweetening to get 2 of the B level prospects you mentioned. Good work, man. Value seems to be fair for a prime-age top-5 goal scorer on a contract that's about 1.5 million too heavy.

Or

Stepan, Dubinsky, Thomas, 1st for Nash?
I'd do Stepan Dubinsky Thomas and a 1st. I'd try hard to do Fogarty, MSC, or Yogan, but at the end of the day. I'd trade Thomas.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachwithoutahead View Post
As a long-time CBJ fan, I think this would come pretty close to getting it done. I could see Howson/Patrick/CBJ could get hung up trying to either sweeten their side to get Miller, or sweetening to get 2 of the B level prospects you mentioned. Good work, man. Value seems to be fair for a prime-age top-5 goal scorer on a contract that's about 1.5 million too heavy.

Or

Stepan, Dubinsky, Thomas, 1st for Nash?
I think it'd be the 2nd one. I think if we add Stepan in, as Lunch Box mentioned, Miller would be out.

And I think that's OK and I think Howson would find that OK. I think that the deal will eventually end up being something like that. I really don't want to move Stepan, but in order to get a player like Nash, you have to move something you don't want to.

Guys like RyanCallahan24 just don't understand that. You have to give something to get something. Getting Nash is going to hurt in at least one area. I'd prefer it to be losing Stepan than Kreider.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:59 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
Alright. Well I guess we should the papers in.

Columbus and Rangers fans agreeing on a trade? No ****ing way.
2 Rangers fan. Do this on the rangers board or as a poll and see what happens. The majority will say no. Just my opinion but hey whatever...

Old
07-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
I'd do Stepan Dubinsky Thomas and a 1st. I'd try hard to do Fogarty, MSC, or Yogan, but at the end of the day. I'd trade Thomas.
I would even do MSC AND Fogarty/Yogan instead of Thomas, probably. Howson might take that, too, since he gets another nice prospect for his pool.

Old
07-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Can everyone shut up and talk about my offer?

Dubi, Stepan, Thomas/St. Croix/etc., 1st in 2013.

For

Nash
That is a good deal.

I still see the BJ's finishing in last place with Dubinsky and Stepan, but hey, they did that with Nash?

How does it compare to:

Columbus

Faulk
Jokinen
Dalpe
1st

for

Nash

Old
07-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

FWIW, if both Rangers fans and Columbus fans think that deal stings a bit, it's probably the right value.

I think Columbus fans may want a bit more and I think Rangers fans feel the pain of losing Stepan. That's what a real NHL trade looks like.

Old
07-06-2012, 02:02 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
I think it'd be the 2nd one. I think if we add Stepan in, as Lunch Box mentioned, Miller would be out.

And I think that's OK and I think Howson would find that OK. I think that the deal will eventually end up being something like that. I really don't want to move Stepan, but in order to get a player like Nash, you have to move something you don't want to.

Guys like RyanCallahan24 just don't understand that. You have to give something to get something. Getting Nash is going to hurt in at least one area. I'd prefer it to be losing Stepan than Kreider.

Yeah I don't understand that. That's why I've offered packages including Hagelin and Del Zotto from time to time. But hey they're not valueable to the team or nothing...

Closed Thread