HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash - This Is The Trade That Doesn't End, Yes It Goes On And On My Friend

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Blueline Bomber
1st Overall Pick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
and when neither pitt or philly wants a cancer or giving out multiple years on a 35+ vontract
Then he's risked nothing and lost nothing by waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
Negative. This is why he has a NMC.
Has nothing to do with the scenario I presented, since the option that Columbus keeps Nash is still available.

Old
07-08-2012, 04:58 PM
sexton11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Or Howson needs to deal Nash before Doan signs with NY.
I've been saying this for a few days now. If by chance the Rangers do sign Doan, hes going to get even less from whatever team is still chasing this dragon.

Old
07-08-2012, 04:58 PM
candyman82

Quote:
I think Rick Nash and Shane Doan bring two totally different things to a team.

Old
07-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexton11 View Post
I bet if Sather threw in a hand written letter of reccomendation for Howson he'd HAVE to at least think about it, no?
That's been the hold up the entire time

Old
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Why don't you buy it? It makes sense. The less star wingers available, the higher the price for Nash. Supply and demand. Especially if those star wingers go to the rival teams.

If Semin signs with Pittsburgh, you don't think Philly or New York would up their offer for Nash? It's an arms race in that division and everyone knows it, including Howson.
Why?
The Devils got significantly worse. The Penguins got worse in the short run. I don't think the Flyers patched up their defense issues with Schenn. We've beaten them 8 times in a row. Last two games of two seasons ago and all 6 of last season. I'm not afraid of the Flyers.

Old
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
I see an article saying McDonagh, Staal, Stepan, Callahan and maybe even Hagelin or Anisimov aren't available. When you get to a certain age, people in their 20's are kids too. I see more about players currently playing growing together. Gotta hand it to Sather, for a guy who has screwed up so many contracts, he seems to be taking the right approach.

Kreider is not anywhere near part of the "core". Stepan, you can make a pretty good case about but being a "core" piece.
Valid point, however I think internally the organization views Kreider with a higher ceiling than a large part of the current team (outside of Gabby and Richards).

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
That would never be accepted....so time to get moving.

Nash to SJ. Take it to the bank.
Sorry I meant del zotto and hags as well as miller and a pick. Now that's a huge haul

Old
sexton11

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
They do, for sure. Know what they both bring? Eaten up cap space.

Old
07-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Blueline Bomber
1st Overall Pick

Quote:
Then Pitts/Philly will up their offer for Nash to keep pace with New York. When three divisional teams are in an arms race, all three are on Nash's list, and two of the three grab star wingers elsewhere, you can bet that the third is going to pay a lot to grab Nash.

Old
07-08-2012, 05:00 PM
mcsauer2738

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
As I said before to a previous poster, this is not a hockey trade for hockey trade stance. It's a salary dump/rebuilding trade ... factor that in with his NMC and cap hit ... NO way he gets equal return. It's that simple.
exactly this. He's only available to about 15% of the entire league so that hurts his value right there, his cap hit is 7.8 mill a year for a number of years that doesn't help his value as well, and last EVERYONE KNOWS HE HAS TO BE MOVED and keeping him will only hurt the jackets because by the time they've finished dead last in the league years and years in a row nash will be at the end of his prime and beginning the decline.

Old
07-08-2012, 05:01 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexton11 View Post
They do, for sure. Know what they both bring? Eaten up cap space.
Fair enough

Old
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
So you've listed 9 players as "untouchable" and 4 more as "highly unlikely". And you don't think that's unreasonable?
That's who the RANGERS deem off limits.

Its been openly stated many times.

Mostly by Gorton and Clark.

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Then Pitts/Philly will up their offer for Nash to keep pace with New York. When three divisional teams are in an arms race, all three are on Nash's list, and two of the three grab star wingers elsewhere, you can bet that the third is going to pay a lot to grab Nash.
I hope philly gets him than they would lose 10-9. Their d is awful and their goalie is not much better see the playoffs. Pitt what are they giving up? Crosby? Malkin? Neal?

Old
07-08-2012, 05:02 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Then he's risked nothing and lost nothing by waiting.

Has nothing to do with the scenario I presented, since the option that Columbus keeps Nash is still available.
That option is ALWAYS available. But I think after this whole circus, going back and trying to have a "happy family" is extremely difficult. Once it was leaked that Nash wanted out, it was all down hill from there. If that info was kept in house, I bet he could get A LOT more than he will get if he is moved. Just my thoughts.

Old
agreen23

Quote:
Hahaha, ya a farm boy like Doan will really LOVE the big apple. No shot the Raggs get Doan.

Old
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
I like the physical presence Doan brings. Unless we get Nash for pennies on the dollar, I'm not too interested. Sather has the same philosophy when it comes to trades, for better or worse. He's not going to lose this trade. Worse case is he doesn't make it at all.

I'd be more interested in trying to trade for Weber. It'll cost more, but there's someone I'd be interested in putting Staal+Stepan for.

Old
07-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
True, but Doan signing with the Rangers takes them out imo and the other teams could offer less. Rangers could do a lot worse than adding Shane Doan to the top 6

Old
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
Yeah I agree. I guess it fits the roster player, quasi prospect (Caron) and a pick model though...
I also agree on Krejci's willingness/enthusiasm for such a deal. From you previous posts it sounds like you have a lot of doubt about this or see it as a problem. This would be key.

From the Bruins perspective though: I really disagree. Think they'd do it in a second.
Krejci would be much more valuable than average roster player. Caron is still a pretty good prospect, but of course nowhere close to the Schenn/Couturier side. I think whether it is a 1st or 2nd could be debatable, seeing as Krejci has been a pretty effective player.

By the model, it seems to be in the same ballpark at least.

Old
Kershaw

Quote:
Philly isn't on Nash's list IIRC.

Old
07-08-2012, 05:04 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
exactly this. He's only available to about 15% of the entire league so that hurts his value right there, his cap hit is 7.8 mill a year for a number of years that doesn't help his value as well, and last EVERYONE KNOWS HE HAS TO BE MOVED and keeping him will only hurt the jackets because by the time they've finished dead last in the league years and years in a row nash will be at the end of his prime and beginning the decline.

Wish more people understood this.

Also, it's not like the teams that he wants to go to who are in it (NY and SJ) are not in the playoffs without him, which further hurts CBJ leverage. If he gets moved, which in all likelyhood he will ... it will be for next to nothing IMHO.

Old
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
He does not have to be moved. Craig Patrick and Scott Howson have both said so on multiple occasions. If you don't offer a good deal, the Jackets can walk away. Let Nash be pissed, if he wants to move badly enough he can expand his list

Old
sexton11

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreen23 View Post
Hahaha, ya a farm boy like Doan will really LOVE the big apple. No shot the Raggs get Doan.
****, there goes that plan guys. I thought maybe for 10's of millions of dollars, and a good shot at winning a Stanley Cup, someone might be willing to move to a big city for a few years. Oh well. Thanks for clearing that up, well move on.

Old
07-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Quote:
“We haven’t entered into negotiations with any other teams, but Shane wants to be forthright and honest with clubs that have contacted us, and so we’ve let these clubs know whether there is mutual interest,” Terry Bross, Doan’s agent, told The Post yesterday.

“I don’t want to be specific about what teams those are, but there are no restrictions against negotiating with teams in the East ... or the one in Manhattan.”
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz204TqxvxU

Old
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
To be fair, I hope he doesn't come here. Not because he isn't great, but because of what he will demand contract wise and factoring in his age.

Old
Finlandia WOAT
Three Peat YOLO

I think the reason Blueline Bomber is harping on this point that maybe Sather is lying probably stems from personal experience.

Jim Rutherford insisted for around a month that Brandon Sutter was not on the table, that he was untouchable, that he had a future in Carolina, etc. Then he was traded for Jordan Staal, who (as is, context be damned) is a marginal upgrade.

You can't take what a GM says at face value. Negotiations have been ongoing for months between the two. If mediocre 2nd liners and adequate prospects were all that is on the table, Howson would have blocked Sather's number a long time ago.

Closed Thread