HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash - This Is The Trade That Doesn't End, Yes It Goes On And On My Friend

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 11:00 PM
John Bender

vCash: 500
It sort of pisses me off that Nash won't play for any Canadian team. WTF is wrong with these Canadian guys? Where did they grow up and watch hockey? What is so much better about playing in Pittsburgh or Philly than Vancouver or Ottawa?

I can see it with Suter and Parise, they are Americans, so whatever....but Nash? Why?

Old
07-05-2012, 11:00 PM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
Not really....Any Jacket fan would expect that.

It's funny we worked out a deal CBJ Ranger fans that didn't include any of the so called "untouchable" young Rangers that was like Dubi, Hags, DZ + 1st for Nash. But that's a hell of a lot of young roster players for NYR to give up. And I got slammed for not asking for a forward back in return.
Is there anything to the John Davidson interview rumors out there?

Old
07-05-2012, 11:01 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
But how is any trade involving Nash not going to leave a whole in their roster? The main reason Howson would want Nash traded, is to bring back pieces that will help fill that hole 2-3 years from now, not immediately. Also to get that cap hit off his books.
I seriously doubt the CBJ are concerned about Nash's cap hit. It's not like they were planning on using that space to sign any free agents.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRangers35 View Post
I want Nash in the worst way. I wrote on the Rangers board how I would take him over any free agent next year except Weber or Perry. There is no guarantee either make it to free agency next year. At this point I would offer Dubinsky, Hagelin, Miller, Thomas or McIlrath, and 2013 first. I think that is a very fair deal for as long as this has been dragged out.
Honestly...That is not bad. Again CBJ fans would kill me for no real impact forward not being included but whatever. McIllrath instead of Thomas is a good option. He's a project but he's big. We play in the Central which is death like the Atlantic. Need some big boys.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:04 PM
puckyeah

Here's a question for all of you. If Anaheim wanted to trade Bobby Ryan for Rick Nash, what else would the Ducks have to throw in to make that trade work? (assuming that Nash would say yes to Anaheim)?

Old
07-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheGiant View Post
It sort of pisses me off that Nash won't play for any Canadian team. WTF is wrong with these Canadian guys? Where did they grow up and watch hockey? What is so much better about playing in Pittsburgh or Philly than Vancouver or Ottawa?

I can see it with Suter and Parise, they are Americans, so whatever....but Nash? Why?
This is the most bizarre thing of all to me (regarding Nash).

I mean Justin Schultz would only play for Canadian teams (yet he went to college here).

Mark Methot was estatic about the opportunity to play in his birthplace (Ottawa)

And Nash, lists a bunch of big market US teams.

Maybe he should play for team USA. I can understand not wanting to play for Winnipeg, but Toronto or Ottawa or Vancouver? Jesus....strange.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:05 PM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckyeah View Post
Here's a question for all of you. If Anaheim wanted to trade Bobby Ryan for Rick Nash, what else would the Ducks have to throw in to make that trade work? (assuming that Nash would say yes to Anaheim)?
What? It'd be up a straight up trade or none at all.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:09 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
This is the most bizarre thing of all to me (regarding Nash).

I mean Justin Schultz would only play for Canadian teams (yet he went to college here).

Mark Methot was estatic about the opportunity to play in his birthplace (Ottawa)

And Nash, lists a bunch of big market US teams.

Maybe he should play for team USA. I can understand not wanting to play for Winnipeg, but Toronto or Ottawa or Vancouver? Jesus....strange.
Maybe he's gotten used to living in the sunbelt.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Is there anything to the John Davidson interview rumors out there?
You tell me? I doubt he would come here and I wonder if the owner and president would be intimidated by him (yes they are that gutless). Maybe we can pull a rabbit out of our azz here. Davidson would be awesome.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Maybe he's gotten used to living in the sunbelt.
haha....Ohio, the Canadian Sunbelt.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
Fine. Straight up is fine with me.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
Yeah, I was gonna say Cogliano to make the salary work. It's almost dead even in terms of value when you consider everything. The fact that some are saying Anaheim would have to add a major asset like DSP or a 1st is stupid.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:13 PM
jskramer83

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan82 View Post
It's not as much the hole than the size of it... How long has it taken for the Rangers to have a legitimate PMD? How long has it been since they've groomed a young, productive second line playmaking Center that already has chemistry with 2 other core players (Kreider and him are buddies from WJC and Callahan). Other holes that I personally feel can be eventually filled by someone else in the Rangers organization or in Free Agency:

Dubinsky
Anisimov
Hagelin
Erixon
Thomas
Miller (like him, but it takes assets to acquire an asset)

Agreed?

I'm 100% percent with you. The hole I was talking about is the hole in the Columbus lineup Nash would leave.

Seems like some people on the Columbus side are expecting to make the team better next year. If you can trade Nash and get Two prospect that in 2 years are both 40-50 pt players and a 1st rd pick, Columbus would be more then happy with the trade since they would not only have made themselves a better team but also would have gotten rid of Nash's cap hit.

I would not trade any of our top 6 to get Nash, we are not the team rebuilding, we are the team trying to win now and we need to add to our top 6 not take away.

Nash is a luxury, what is being overlooked by a lot of ranger fans is that we don't need a top 3 talent like Nash, a 20 goal second liner will help make this team 100x better then last year

Old
07-05-2012, 11:16 PM
jskramer83

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
I seriously doubt the CBJ are concerned about Nash's cap hit. It's not like they were planning on using that space to sign any free agents.
Let's say Johanson Is the real deal, and when his contract is up wants a 7 year 7.8 mill contract. That comes from the same cap space, and CBJ being a budget team most likely won't have 2 contracts like that on there books

Or how about if you draft Nathan Mackinnon next year? You may find yourself needing that cap space in a couple years

Old
07-05-2012, 11:19 PM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:
You tell me? I doubt he would come here and I wonder if the owner and president would be intimidated by him (yes they are that gutless). Maybe we can pull a rabbit out of our azz here. Davidson would be awesome.
I read somewhere that he met with ownership in Columbus. He had a window in his contract with the ownership change in St. Louis. I have not seen anything from Portzline about it though.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:20 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Let's say Johanson Is the real deal, and when his contract is up wants a 7 year 7.8 mill contract. That comes from the same cap space, and CBJ being a budget team most likely won't have 2 contracts like that on there books

Or how about if you draft Nathan Mackinnon next year? You may find yourself needing that cap space in a couple years
At which point we can then afford to give Nash away for pennies on the dollar. But why cross that bridge now? Especially knowing the CBJ's history of developing prospects.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:

We're not a budget team (shockingly). We had one of the biggest payrolls in the league.

That really should tell you the problems we have. We overpay for everybody. Perception is at an all time low here regarding FA coming here.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Anisomov means the prospect would need to be Kreider

Stepan means the prospect could be Miller

I'll asume Dubi is in either way for salary.
I don't think you're getting Kreider or Stepan. Sather is only going to do low ball trades. Either at Sathers price or Nash goes somewhere else

Old
07-05-2012, 11:23 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
I'm 100% percent with you. The hole I was talking about is the hole in the Columbus lineup Nash would leave.

Seems like some people on the Columbus side are expecting to make the team better next year. If you can trade Nash and get Two prospect that in 2 years are both 40-50 pt players and a 1st rd pick, Columbus would be more then happy with the trade since they would not only have made themselves a better team but also would have gotten rid of Nash's cap hit.

I would not trade any of our top 6 to get Nash, we are not the team rebuilding, we are the team trying to win now and we need to add to our top 6 not take away.

Nash is a luxury, what is being overlooked by a lot of ranger fans is that we don't need a top 3 talent like Nash, a 20 goal second liner will help make this team 100x better then last year
Bingo! So the question is, do we think we can get at least an additional 20G between an increase from Dubinsky and adding Kreider to the mix? I think so (although hard to compare with Gabby being out 2 monthish). I also think we'll be seeing more goals/points from our D-Men due to the development of our playing system and adjustments to our PP.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Yeah, I was gonna say Cogliano to make the salary work. It's almost dead even in terms of value when you consider everything. The fact that some are saying Anaheim would have to add a major asset like DSP or a 1st is stupid.
Fine with me. I just want at this point to be able to move Nash for a comparable return. I could care less if Anaheim gets a better a player in return.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
I don't think you're getting Kreider or Stepan. Sather is only going to do low ball trades. Either at Sathers price or Nash goes somewhere else
I hear you....and I agree

Old
07-05-2012, 11:25 PM
JS19
Four Kicks

Quote:
It seems like most people in this thread care more about "winning" a trade, rather then finding a deal that will help both Columbus rebuild and drop salary, and the rangers win a cup next year.
I think this is Howson's mentality too...he wants too much to make up for his shortcomings instead of having a plan and taking it one step at a time.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:28 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
NJRangers35
I want Nash in the worst way. I wrote on the Rangers board how I would take him over any free agent next year except Weber or Perry. There is no guarantee either make it to free agency next year. At this point I would offer Dubinsky, Hagelin, Miller, Thomas or McIlrath, and 2013 first. I think that is a very fair deal for as long as this has been dragged out.

Quote:
Honestly...That is not bad. Again CBJ fans would kill me for no real impact forward not being included but whatever. McIllrath instead of Thomas is a good option. He's a project but he's big. We play in the Central which is death like the Atlantic. Need some big boys.
Wasn't a package very similar to that offered by Sather at the trade deadline?

Old
07-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckyeah View Post
From a CBJ fan's perspective, not much. Depends on if Ryan would be happy playing here or not. If so, the arguable drop in production between Nash and Ryan would be offset by the fact that Ryan would tolerate being in Columbus (as well as his age).

I don't think Anaheim is on Nash's list though and I don't think Ryan would really be itching to come to Columbus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
Quote:
NJRangers35

Close, but this package has some more pieces (such as Hagelin). Personally I would want to swap out Hagelin and Miller for Stepan or Kreider.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
Quote:
NJRangers35

Well....there are a million different reports but:

The so called "monster package" offered was like Dub+3 prospects (not named Kreider) and a 1st. Only comparable in quantity really. Pretty mild.

Closed Thread