HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XX - Trade Another Day

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2012, 09:28 PM
  #776
medhatcanuck
Registered User
 
medhatcanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Inside JayZ's Belly
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoyaho View Post
Why not? And where is it obvious he wants out?
Guys, he just said today it's time to move on. It's the most respectful way a player can say the word "trade".

I think it's getting obvious to other fans how much we love Luo.

Sorry wahoyaho, time to take the Luo shrine down and face the facts.

medhatcanuck is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:29 PM
  #777
wahoyaho
Registered User
 
wahoyaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
The reason I disagree with you is because before Luo came out and said this interview, Luo had to be moved but the timeframe was not solidified.

Now that Luo has come out and said that it is time to move on, it would be wierd and a media disaster for Luo to be sitting on the bench as a backup. I don't know if you know this but we're not exactly the most like organization in the NHL. The boys take enough heat for diving from some players, being twin "sisters", having a "choke artist" name, and so on and.... Anyway, Gillis and the fans have to start rebuilding the reputation, so that players don't get extra stress from media and other fans. I think it is quite a big burden for players to deal with stuff like that.

By keeping Luo, we will constantly hear from select media writers what a disaster the goaltending situation is, or the "goaltending contraversy", you will hear this situation become spun in so many directions, you won't remember whats true or not. After games players will be asked if it is a distraction.

All of that can be avoided by making sure Luo is traded pre season.

As well, I think Luongo has done enough for this organization and it's fans that he merits a respectable trade that is done in a timely fashion and does not leave him out to dry. Gillis like the fans, still highly respect Roberto, and as a gesture of respect and a way to rebuild Canucks' reputation, I would like to think that he would get this trade in a timely and respectful fashion.

Just my 13 cents.
I don't think what he said implies I want to be traded before the season starts. Rather that he will not be the clear-cut #1 goalie anymore. He will be traded when Gillis feels the value is there.

wahoyaho is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:29 PM
  #778
Xamboni
BoVat Horseman
 
Xamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cascadia
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,480
vCash: 500
Didn't he says if it helps the team, he'd be okay waving his NTC?

Xamboni is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:30 PM
  #779
wahoyaho
Registered User
 
wahoyaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
Guys, he just said today it's time to move on. It's the most respectful way a player can say the word "trade".

I think it's getting obvious to other fans how much we love Luo.

Sorry wahoyaho, time to take the Luo shrine down and face the facts.
Saying it's time to move on and I want to be traded right now are two very different things. I have no idea what you are talking about in your last statement. I'm merely pointing out the bias in your arguments. Trying to bring doubt to another poster's credibility based on false premises doesn't make your flawed arguments any more sound.

wahoyaho is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:31 PM
  #780
medhatcanuck
Registered User
 
medhatcanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Inside JayZ's Belly
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoyaho View Post
I don't think what he said implies I want to be traded before the season starts. Rather that he will not be the clear-cut #1 goalie anymore. He will be traded when Gillis feels the value is there.
dont think we're on the same page here. of course luo didn't set a timetable.

im saying it'd be a humongous distraction to keep him for the start of the season. One where the long-term and short-term negatives outweigh the extra value we get from waiting on a trade.

medhatcanuck is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:32 PM
  #781
medhatcanuck
Registered User
 
medhatcanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Inside JayZ's Belly
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoyaho View Post
Saying it's time to move on and I want to be traded right now are two very different things. I have no idea what you are talking about in your last statement. I'm merely pointing out the bias in your arguments.
when did i ever say he wanted to be traded now? it's like your reading half my posts and making up the other half.

medhatcanuck is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:32 PM
  #782
PanthersHockey1
South by Southeast
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Palm Trees
Country: United States
Posts: 6,514
vCash: 500
I think its funny that if Luongo were on a team lets say phoenix and he was not involved with trade rumors involving toronto that the conversation would probably be on page 5 of the first thread at this point.

PanthersHockey1 is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:32 PM
  #783
Twix
Patch of velcro
 
Twix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoyaho View Post
Why not? And where is it obvious he wants out?
Quote:
Q: Is there any chance in hell that you're in a Canucks jersey this fall?
A: I would never say never, you never know. But we all know what is going on, we've all seen what developed. At the end of the day I think it's time to move on, and I'm okay with that. I've had a great 6 years in Vancouver. It's a wonderful city. I really enjoyed my time there. unfortunately i was not able to bring a Stanley Cup there, which will be my biggest regret. But it will be remebered for 6 great years.
Does that sound like a guy that wants to stay?

Twix is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:34 PM
  #784
Bleach Clean
Moderator
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 17,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
The reason I disagree with you is because before Luo came out and said this interview, Luo had to be moved but the timeframe was not solidified.

Now that Luo has come out and said that it is time to move on, it would be wierd and a media disaster for Luo to be sitting on the bench as a backup. I don't know if you know this but we're not exactly the most like organization in the NHL. The boys take enough heat for diving from some players, being twin "sisters", having a "choke artist" name, and so on and.... Anyway, Gillis and the fans have to start rebuilding the reputation, so that players don't get extra stress from media and other fans. I think it is quite a big burden for players to deal with stuff like that.

By keeping Luo, we will constantly hear from select media writers what a disaster the goaltending situation is, or the "goaltending contraversy", you will hear this situation become spun in so many directions, you won't remember whats true or not. After games players will be asked if it is a distraction.

All of that can be avoided by making sure Luo is traded pre season.

As well, I think Luongo has done enough for this organization and it's fans that he merits a respectable trade that is done in a timely fashion and does not leave him out to dry. Gillis like the fans, still highly respect Roberto, and as a gesture of respect and a way to rebuild Canucks' reputation, I would like to think that he would get this trade in a timely and respectful fashion.

Just my 13 cents.


So you're more worried about the possible distraction it creates than the return? This isn't a Heatley situation. Luongo has been professional all the way through this.


Nobody gives a damn about the media. No one cares. Do you remember MG supported a team directive to freeze out the CBC until they came back to mend fences? MG does not work under arbitrary deadlines. Everybody said Schneider would be dealt at the deadlines, didn't happen. Then Lu was going at the draft, didn't happen. Then right before July 1, again, didn't happen. Finally, after Schneider was signed... still waiting.


The fans and the media continue to put arbitrary deadlines and supposition into the discussion only find that Luongo is still here. Gillis is still patient. CS is now signed. And everybody is still waiting... MG doesn't care. He'll wait for the best return regardless of the circus many want to create.

Bleach Clean is online now  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:34 PM
  #785
wahoyaho
Registered User
 
wahoyaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
dont think we're on the same page here. of course luo didn't set a timetable.

im saying it'd be a humongous distraction to keep him for the start of the season. One where the long-term and short-term negatives outweigh the extra value we get from waiting on a trade.
Lol, I hardly think anyone on the team cared much about what the media is spewing out. If anyone on the team would be so "distracted" by this for it to affect their performances, then they shouldn't and wouldn't be on the team.

wahoyaho is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:35 PM
  #786
wahoyaho
Registered User
 
wahoyaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
Does that sound like a guy that wants to stay?
Frankly, it doesn't sound like whether he wants to stay or not. He's made no comments on what he WANTS. He merely acknowledges the way things are now, being traded would be the best thing for him and for the Canucks. I've made no claims indicating that he WANTS to stay in VAN, but saying he doesn't want to stay is just poor reading comprehension on your part.

wahoyaho is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:36 PM
  #787
medhatcanuck
Registered User
 
medhatcanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Inside JayZ's Belly
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoyaho View Post
Lol, I hardly think anyone on the team cared much about what the media is spewing out. If anyone on the team would be so "distracted" by this for it to affect their performances, then they shouldn't and wouldn't be on the team.
So your saying Media and fan reaction doesn't affect the players?

You think human psychology of professional atheletes is that rock solid?

Ok, i guess this is where we disagree.

medhatcanuck is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:36 PM
  #788
wahoyaho
Registered User
 
wahoyaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
honestly, i'm offended we agree on something.

your word has no merit in Canuck-related discussion.
Haha no kidding.

wahoyaho is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:39 PM
  #789
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,395
vCash: 500
If Florida put a package together, what would be fair? IMO.....

To FLA: Luongo

To VAN: Goc, Theodore, Petrovic

Thoughts?

Roof Daddy is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:40 PM
  #790
medhatcanuck
Registered User
 
medhatcanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Inside JayZ's Belly
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,320
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Bleach Clean;52246779]So you're more worried about the possible distraction it creates than the return? This isn't a Heatley situation. Luongo has been professional all the way through this.

I'm saying the incremental value increase between now and ______ isn't worth the wasted capspace, media heat, and like I said before, Luo has done enough for this organization not be jerked around.

Nobody gives a damn about the media. No one cares. Do you remember MG supported a team directive to freeze out the CBC until they came back to mend fences? MG does not work under arbitrary deadlines. Everybody said Schneider would be dealt at the deadlines, didn't happen. Then Lu was going at the draft, didn't happen. Then right before July 1, again, didn't happen. Finally, after Schneider was signed... still waiting.

That doesn't signify that they don't care, if anything it signifies how much stuff like that is irratating.

Yes and there still is no rush until the beginning of the season.


The fans and the media continue to put arbitrary deadlines and supposition into the discussion only find that Luongo is still here. Gillis is still patient. CS is now signed. And everybody is still waiting... MG doesn't care. He'll wait for the best return regardless of the circus many want to create.

I think his deadline is start of the season. Our perspective on media and public perspective impact I guess differs a fair bit.

medhatcanuck is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:41 PM
  #791
wahoyaho
Registered User
 
wahoyaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
So your saying Media and fan reaction doesn't affect the players?

You think human psychology of professional atheletes is that rock solid?

Ok, i guess this is where we disagree.
Maybe to the rookies, I seriously doubt Kesler, Sedins or whoever gave two ***** about what you or the media thinks unless you had valid/reasonable basis for your comments.

e.g. saying blah blah blah is a locker room cancer. Do you honestly think they'll even think about this if the person in question is in fact NOT a locker room cancer? They'll laugh it off as retardation. If anything, it brings the players closer together since they'll be able to poke fun what the ridiculousness that is the illogical fans and media.

During Luongo's time here, disregarding of what he has on done the ice, he's proven that he's been nothing but a stand-up guy. I seriously doubt anything said by the media or fan reactions will affect the bond between teammates.

wahoyaho is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:41 PM
  #792
ChillyPalmer
Registered User
 
ChillyPalmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Based on what? Both goalies are under contract. It's the owners paying him a 5.3m cap hit to be a back up. Just because you find in inconceivable doesn't mean it cannot be done.


If MG's hand is forced, I can absolutely see him bring Luongo back at that start of the season, just to prove other GMs wrong in their preconceived assertions. Maybe then they would be serious about giving up something for him. And his value only increases to the deadline...
lol, forcing a starting goalie, who doesn't to be there to be the back up. That would do wonders for team chemistry.

I would hope MG would be less vindictive then HF posters.

ChillyPalmer is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:42 PM
  #793
Bleach Clean
Moderator
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 17,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
So your saying Media and fan reaction doesn't affect the players?

You think human psychology of professional atheletes is that rock solid?

Ok, i guess this is where we disagree.

Using this logic, wouldn't every GM react to media pressure? I mean, if the players are going to crawl into a ball when they are harassed by the media, might as well not have backed Burrows during the Auger fiasco. Or traded Hodgson 3 yrs prior, when the back issues incident arose. Or signed Ehrhoff to a massive contract. Or re-signed Torres (DT's fav) etc...


MG doesn't give a crap about the media or fan pressure. He is operating a business -- and sometimes that requires doing the hard thing short-term, in order to show fans the benefits long-term.

Bleach Clean is online now  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:46 PM
  #794
medhatcanuck
Registered User
 
medhatcanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Inside JayZ's Belly
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoyaho View Post
Maybe to the rookies, I seriously doubt Kesler, Sedins or whoever gave two ***** about what you or the media thinks unless you had valid/reasonable basis for your comments.

e.g. saying blah blah blah is a locker room cancer. Do you honestly think they'll even think about this if the person in question is in fact NOT a locker room cancer? They'll laugh it off as retardation. If anything, it brings the players closer together since they'll be able to poke fun what the ridiculousness that is the illogical fans and media.

During Luongo's time here, disregarding of what he has on done the ice, he's proven that he's been nothing but a stand-up guy. I seriously doubt anything said by the media or fan reactions will affect the bond between teammates.
What are you even talking about? why are you talking about affecting bond between teammates and locker room cancers?

I'm just saying, on top of being disliked, having the media constnatly asking you questions after games about the Luongo situation, would definatley get on yoru nerves and cause a distraction.

Nothing to do with team bonding (?), team cancers (?), or whatever you were talking about. I'm talking about constantly gettign asked questions about a situation that doesn't need to exists.

medhatcanuck is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:46 PM
  #795
wahoyaho
Registered User
 
wahoyaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post

I'm saying the incremental value increase between now and ______ isn't worth the wasted capspace, media heat, and like I said before, Luo has done enough for this organization not be jerked around.
Where do you get off assuming what the incremental value would be? Do you actually know what the offers are right now? Do you actually know what we will get when Luongo IS traded? Do you know what we would do with the capspace if Luongo is traded right this moment? When has Luongo ever been jerked around?

Quote:
That doesn't signify that they don't care, if anything it signifies how much stuff like that is irratating.

Yes and there still is no rush until the beginning of the season.
Which is why players learn to ignore it...otherwise they'd all end up in the asylum by now. No, there's still no rush until Gillis gets an offer he feels is fair.

Quote:
I think his deadline is start of the season. Our perspective on media and public perspective impact I guess differs a fair bit.
And I'm saying your assumption is just that, an assumption without any reasoning.

wahoyaho is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:47 PM
  #796
Bleach Clean
Moderator
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 17,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyPalmer View Post
lol, forcing a starting goalie, who doesn't to be there to be the back up. That would do wonders for team chemistry.

I would hope MG would be less vindictive then HF posters.



Team chemistry? You mean the guy with character enough to be awarded the C not to long ago? That guy is going to cause chemistry issues?


LOL, "vindictive". Keep reaching. I find it hilarious that you continue to argue non-fact based evidence. Refute the facts: Two goalies under contract. Still no official "I want to be traded". Still no reason to trade him in haste. No cap problems. And best of all, these two goalies worked as a tandem last year to land this team the President's trophy. Was there "chemistry problems" involved?


Make a case. Actually convince me that Luongo _must_ be dealt prior to the start of the season, as per the CBA. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Bleach Clean is online now  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:47 PM
  #797
Twix
Patch of velcro
 
Twix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoyaho View Post
Frankly, it doesn't sound like whether he wants to stay or not. He's made no comments on what he WANTS. He merely acknowledges the way things are now, being traded would be the best thing for him and for the Canucks. I've made no claims indicating that he WANTS to stay in VAN, but saying he doesn't want to stay is just poor reading comprehension on your part.
Quote:
At the end of the day I think it's time to move on, and I'm okay with that. I've had a great 6 years in Vancouver.
HE WANTS OUT. If you can't see that you are beyond simple. "I think" refers to his opinion and that he believes his time in Vancouver is over. Note he says "I", therefore he is saying in his opinion he is done with Vancouver. He talks about Vancouver in the past tense, it is over accept it. I'm sure they have adult English classes you can enroll in, it's not too late for you.

Twix is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:48 PM
  #798
wahoyaho
Registered User
 
wahoyaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyPalmer View Post
lol, forcing a starting goalie, who doesn't to be there to be the back up. That would do wonders for team chemistry.

I would hope MG would be less vindictive then HF posters.
What does this have to do with team chemistry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
What are you even talking about? why are you talking about affecting bond between teammates and locker room cancers?

I'm just saying, on top of being disliked, having the media constnatly asking you questions after games about the Luongo situation, would definatley get on yoru nerves and cause a distraction.

Nothing to do with team bonding (?), team cancers (?), or whatever you were talking about. I'm talking about constantly gettign asked questions about a situation that doesn't need to exists.
Disliked? What are you talking about? The Canucks have faced media badgering them about the same topics before, it's never affected them, I don't see why it would affect them now. Just because Luongo is traded, they will still constantly ask questions that doesn't need to exist because they are the media. Are you really that blind?

wahoyaho is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:50 PM
  #799
Alexander Baigle
Registered User
 
Alexander Baigle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Great White North
Country: Ethiopia
Posts: 793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
I think its funny that if Luongo were on a team lets say phoenix and he was not involved with trade rumors involving toronto that the conversation would probably be on page 5 of the first thread at this point.
San Jose and Tampa Bay bidding for Mike Smith... I see what you mean.

Alexander Baigle is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:51 PM
  #800
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
Stop all the TO proposals. He isn't going there.

There is NOBODY on TO that Van fans want.
As if LUongo has so much value that you think you can pick-and-choose star players on a team's roster. Get back to reality.

RogerRoeper* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.