HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Friday Night Lights

Old
11-24-2009, 11:04 PM
WreckItRask

vCash: 500
Friday Night Lights

I searched high and low in this forum and found no threads on the new season of FNL, so feel free to merge this if I missed something. But is anyone else watching the new season on Directv?

To an FNL fan it's been an absolutely amazing start to the new season. For me, this has been the absolute the best season since Season 1. The writing and the story lines this year are second to none.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
I enjoy FNL and do watch it regularly. The writing in this show is great, and it takes a simple concept (highschool football) and makes is a great show to watch.

Yeah this season has a lot of potential for sure. Both teams have issues on and off the field(one more so than the other).

I dunno about story lines as the 1st season was something special, but this is damn good too so far. Hopefully they can produce.

Oh and I believe Nnamdi Asmougha the starting CB of the Oakland Raiders guest starred in the first episode as the cop.

Great simple show, and very enjoyable.

Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Miss Mess

Last night's episode was really great (all FNL episodes are really).
The guy who plays Matt did an amazing job.

I was originally worried about all these new characters, but it's worked well so far.

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 03:38 PM
TylerDurden

I almost stopped watching when the whole Landry(Lance)/Tyra cover up thing was going on but last season and this season have been great.

TylerDurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
I almost stopped watching when the whole Landry(Lance)/Tyra cover up thing was going on but last season and this season have been great.
Yeah, that was way too cliché. Luckily they picked it up from that. Anyone else notice how the game scenes seemed to get progressively bad looking last season? I mean really fake looking.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 10:06 PM
TylerDurden

It's weird the way they changed J.D's character. At first he was a lot like Saracen. Very shy and humble, and now a year later he's Smash but worse.

TylerDurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

vCash: 538
Does the new season start in january of 2010?

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 03:43 AM
Happy Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Awesome View Post
Does the new season start in january of 2010?
For those of us with directv it's already started, 5 episodes in. You can find them online if you wish.

Edit: Since the season doesn't start for those non directv-ers should we use spoiler tags, or at least be careful not to give much away? I was thinking about starting this thread a few days ago but decided against it since not everyone can watch it (at least on tv).

Anyway, great show, last ep. was good tv.

Happy Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 10:30 AM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
For those of us with directv it's already started, 5 episodes in. You can find them online if you wish.

Edit: Since the season doesn't start for those non directv-ers should we use spoiler tags, or at least be careful not to give much away? I was thinking about starting this thread a few days ago but decided against it since not everyone can watch it (at least on tv).

Good point about the spoiler thing. Forgot that not everyone had DTV. Anyways, finally watched this week's episode last night after being away on business...probably my favorite yet, other than when Smash finally puts the pads back on last year for the first time.

I just wasn't sure how they were going pull off Eric Taylor switching schools, but they haven't sugar-coated it. They've seamlessly integrated new characters, many of which they've barely scratched the surface on their stories, and they're doing a killer job moving towards resolution on the older characters storylines. For my money, this has been the best season so far since the 1st season. I've always loved the show for better or worse, but this season it's sort of had a rebirth of sorts with a whole bunch of fresh faces and storylines, but it hasn't lost it's roots.

Old
12-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

It's not on tv yet? Well that explains the poorer quality of the episodes I've downloaded.

Old
12-06-2009, 02:06 PM
KH1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
It's weird the way they changed J.D's character. At first he was a lot like Saracen. Very shy and humble, and now a year later he's Smash but worse.
That's the only thing I don't like about this new season; we're meant to believe that in the span of one year J.D.'s gone from being a shy, straight laced kid to an irrationally douchey punk.

Also, I hope the writers haven't dropped the storyline with his dad being an abusive psycho. It was a good one.

KH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post

Yeah I jump into a bit of a some what panic, but I have caught up im just gonna have to wait to view on the internet; that really sucks that nbc.directv did that. Oh well still love the show anyways.

Old
12-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Ralph
Stevehead.

vCash: 1135
I think Matt and Riggins are the best characters on the show. The acting by Zach Gilford in "The Son" was fantastic.

Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 12:19 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henry I View Post
That's the only thing I don't like about this new season; we're meant to believe that in the span of one year J.D.'s gone from being a shy, straight laced kid to an irrationally douchey punk.

Also, I hope the writers haven't dropped the storyline with his dad being an abusive psycho. It was a good one.
If you had people telling you how great you are 24 hours a day, it probably wouldn't take very long to realize how great you are. Not that far-fetched at all. Additionally, the transition that most kids go through from Freshman to Sophomore year even without being a local hero is usually pretty dramatic, so multiply this by 10 in his case.

Also, I think it's also supposed to represent the type of changes that were inevitably going to occur when Eric Taylor gets phased out for JD's dad and his QB coach, and when older players like Riggins are no longer there to put him in his place. JD had no choice but to be quiet, shy, and straight laced when the leadership was ingrained in the program...but that's gone and has been replaced by his own handlers.

Old
12-08-2009, 12:37 PM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
I grew up in highschool football is everything territory so can't say I enjoy the show, however I will give them credit for capturing it pretty realistically.

LiquidClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

can anyone pm me some good places on the net to watch this? My go too cites have been a let down on timing.

Old
01-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Happy Pony

Best show on tv right now.

Even if some little time-line things don't always make sense, but that happens on most shows.

Old
01-27-2010, 10:20 PM
LiquidClown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Pony View Post

Even if some little time-line things don't always make sense, but that happens on most shows.
Just curious how old are you? Not a knock at all, I'm just wondering as to what demographic this show plays too. I'm guessing somewhere between 16-24? (For the demographic not your age btw)

Old
01-28-2010, 08:32 AM
Happy Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown View Post
Just curious how old are you? Not a knock at all, I'm just wondering as to what demographic this show plays too. I'm guessing somewhere between 16-24? (For the demographic not your age btw)
22, I'd say that's correct for the demo. Have you been watching the new season?

Old
01-28-2010, 09:52 AM
LiquidClown

Quote:
22, I'd say that's correct for the demo. Have you been watching the new season?

Nah, nothing against the show but I grew up in that type of environment in eastern New Mexico/ West Texas, no need to live it over again

Old
01-28-2010, 11:19 AM
tony d
The franchise

Terrific show, it's one of those shows that you can watch 1 time and be hooked on it right away.

tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Happy Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown View Post
Nah, nothing against the show but I grew up in that type of environment in eastern New Mexico/ West Texas, no need to live it over again
Oh, no doubt. Did they talk about HS football on sports radio all the time?

I facepalm whenever I hear it on the radio here, I couldn't imagine living in that type of environment.

Old
01-28-2010, 12:49 PM
LiquidClown

Quote:
Oh, no doubt. Did they talk about HS football on sports radio all the time?

I facepalm whenever I hear it on the radio here, I couldn't imagine living in that type of environment.

Yeah, on the radio on the nightly news on the paper and everything. Now it doesn't sound all that crazy but when they report weekly on practices it becomes a bit much. It's always the talk of the town, and I'd say more than half the town ends up at the game on Fridays. I think I've watched an episode or maybe two and from what I could see they captured it quite well.

Old
01-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

I'd love to see a hockey version of this show, probably a Canadian one.

Old
01-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Miss Mess

Quote:

I agree. It's a shame that more people don't know about this show.

Vince's storyline is so sad. And I love Landry, he makes me laugh

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote