Notices

Meeting Players

Old
07-06-2012, 05:16 PM
SB47

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameshomer View Post
I met stevie Y and Nik lidstrom coming back from dinner outside the sheraton downtown during the playoffs the day before Yzerman got hit in the eye with the puck. Nicest guys ever. I felt bad because we almost made them late for curfew but they chatted with us for a bit, even though we were clearly flames fans. It was awesome. Two absolute legends.
That is awesome dude..

SB47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:02 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFan6612 View Post
Met Theo Fleury at the Play On tournament a couple of years ago, really nice guy.
I met his team like 5 years ago. Biggest bunch of ********** and the dirtiest team I've ever played in that tournament.

So yeah, I have a somewhat different perspective on him at playon

He was also ragging on the teenage kid ref too, man that was not cool.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Backlund View Post
Off topic entirely, but has anyone met any of the Flames players/personnel in a casual environment?

I met Craig Conroy tonight at Nashville North and he is legitimately one of the coolest, friendliest people I have ever met. He took pictures with me and my girlfriend, and even chatted with us for a couple minutes.

Sorry if this is too off key, but I'd just like to her other peoples experiences with Flames players/staff.
Gah, SO many people I know met him yesterday. I could've talked to Olli Jokinen and the late Wade Belak and a bunch of other Panthers (pretty sure J-Bo was there too) back when I saw them all walking in downtown Tampa one day, but I was too shy. I was like 15 or 16 back then but still.. I regret it.

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Backlund

vCash: 50
I saw Todd Bertuzzi at westbrook mall before but didn't really want to talk to him.

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Teppo

My son just started a week long camp with Bob Hartley. Mr. Hartley's involvement with the camp is pretty remarkable. He is on the ice every day with the kids. Eats with them at all three meals, does the mini golf tourney, plays dodge ball etc. You would think as an NHL coach running a camp he would make an appearance or two and delegate everything else. But that is definitely not the case. He even hands out his personal cell phone number and tells parents to call him anytime (and no, I am not going to post that!). It is my son's second year at the camp, so I guess I can say I have met with Mr. Hartley quite a bit. Spoke with him on the phone just yesterday.

I am not really a Flames fan, and I am not able to say whether he is a great NHL coach or not, but I can tell you he loves the game and he loves teaching kids the game. It is very genuine when you see him in action.

Teppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 09:22 PM
SickHandsNoShot

I used to work at a "un-named" hockey store.

Ive sold Cammillari a Red S17 Easton helmet when easton could not get him one when he got traded back to Calgary.

Olli Jokinen bought skates for a familly member. He signed a bunch of employee's stuff and talked for a bit. He forgot to pay for an extra item that was in his skate box and walked out of the store with it lol.

Met Ryan Howse, Jason Jaffray, Mike Green, Bobby Ryan.

When the World Jr.s were in town I met team Sweden, Finland(Granlund Brothers), Russia(Andrei Vasilevski), Czech, and Switzerland.

When the Swiss showed up I spent about 1-2 hours taking to Baertschi, and two other players. There is nothing about him that doesnt scream future NHL star, I love it.

I think thats it.

SickHandsNoShot is online now   Reply With Quote