HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Summer Roster Moves VI: Return of the Peg-i

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 02:23 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husko View Post
Is Dom Moore still available? He doesn't help the size or scoring problem, but he does help the faceoff, defensive ability, and nhl centers problems
Wife is still dealing with cancer treatments in California. Not sure if he's looking to move to a new/old city again until that situation is resolved.

07-23-2012, 02:31 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Would you sign Andrei Kostitsyn if you had the chance?
No thanks. His dubious off-ice relationships in Montreal are enough to not pass the sniff test.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:34 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
without real elite talent... we shouldn't be spreading ourselves out. We should put together our best line, and play chess...
You know who's not very good at this considering his record without "elite talent" ?

Old
07-23-2012, 02:35 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Sigh.....I know this is a shot in the dark and old. But if anyone remembers Reigers presser about Parise and Suter he said that our offer was "Very competitive" with Minnesotas any chance you think we could have offered the same thing?

Old
07-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
Sigh.....I know this is a shot in the dark and old. But if anyone remembers Reigers presser about Parise and Suter he said that our offer was "Very competitive" with Minnesotas any chance you think we could have offered the same thing?
It was discussed earlier in this thread. Friedman has already reported that Buffalo did have $100M offers out to both players.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
For this talking point, see page 21 and onward.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:02 PM
SabresAreScaryGood
McDavid 2015!!!

I think the chances we get Doan went up today.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:08 PM
CaptPantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresAreScaryGood View Post
not really. Rangers have a lot of cap space still

Old
07-23-2012, 03:13 PM
McTank

Quote:
*Ryan*

Old
07-23-2012, 03:14 PM
AlexanderMogilny89

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
So the Rangers are offering more then 4 yrs 30 mill.?

Old
07-23-2012, 03:14 PM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
13.3ish million in cap space.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:15 PM
Better Call Saul

Quote:
Right. They have around $13-14 million in cap room with 18 players signed and only one key RFA (Del Zotto). Doan might even be more inclined to sign with them after today's trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderMogilny89 View Post
So the Rangers are offering more then 4 yrs 30 mill.?
Doan would make less with the Rangers, but he'd be on a legit Cup contender. The only appealing thing about the Sabres is money.

Old
McTank

Rangers will likely go after doan but our out on Ryan. If flyers sign weber they re out on Ryan. There goes our main competition

Old
SabresAreScaryGood
McDavid 2015!!!

Quote:
Not if they want to sign Callahan, McDonagh, Del Zotto, and Stepan in the next 2 years.

If Doan is willing to sign a reduced contract at a low term then yeah, Doan still could go to the Rangers. But they cant beat a 3 or 4 year deal, if they want to keep their better young players.

Doan may just agree to that, he wants a cup.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:20 PM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Not if they want to sign Callahan, McDonagh, Del Zotto, and Stepan in the next 2 years.

If Doan is willing to sign a reduced contract at a low term then yeah, Doan still could go to the Rangers. But they cant beat a 3 or 4 year deal, if they want to keep their better young players.

Doan may just agree to that, he wants a cup.
I'd say they have plenty at 13.3ish million. BUT that being said, if I were them I would hold off on another big FA signing because next year there will be a lot of good FAs to hit the market. That is unless they feel that signing a guy like Doan will give them the cup this year.....it really depends on how their GM views the roster right now....he may hold off anyways on a BIG signing if he thinks that this deal makes them a cup winning team. Just resign his FAs and see how they look to start the year.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Rangers will likely go after doan but our out on Ryan. If flyers sign weber they re out on Ryan. There goes our main competition

Carolina and Boston both have been rumored to want a high-scoring winger to compliment their rosters. The Bruins have Krejci as a possible trade chip. That's the Sabres primary competition if they go bidding for Ryan.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:25 PM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Carolina and Boston both have been rumored to want a high-scoring winger to compliment their rosters. The Bruins have Krejci as a possible trade chip. That's the Sabres primary competition if they go bidding for Ryan.
Boston has less then 300k in cap space.....they would be in a tough spot to trade for ryan unless they could get somebody to take on the tim thomas contract.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:40 PM
AlexanderMogilny89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Call Saul View Post
Right. They have around $13-14 million in cap room with 18 players signed and only one key RFA (Del Zotto). Doan might even be more inclined to sign with them after today's trade.

Doan would make less with the Rangers, but he'd be on a legit Cup contender. The only appealing thing about the Sabres is money.
Sorry but up until Myers and Ehrhoff went down with injury the Sabres were the hottest team in the NHL. I remember a stretch they were 14-2-2 or 16-4-4. So you are telling me with a healthy Sabres team and Doan we are not contenders? I just don't get why people don't think the Sabres have a contending team?

Old
07-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Sorry but up until Myers and Ehrhoff went down with injury the Sabres were the hottest team in the NHL. I remember a stretch they were 14-2-2 or 16-4-4. So you are telling me with a healthy Sabres team and Doan we are not contenders? I just don't get why people don't think the Sabres have a contending team?
Because they missed the playoffs for the 6th time in the last 10 seasons and that we haven't won a playoff series since 2007. We aren't a contender and we aren't getting Shane Doan.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:44 PM
tsujimoto74

Which would leave Carolina, who kind of blew their load on Staal... IF we're back in the race for Ryan, what do you think the package for him would look like at this point?

Old
07-23-2012, 03:48 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Because they missed the playoffs for the 6th time in the last 10 seasons and that we haven't won a playoff series since 2007. We aren't a contender and we aren't getting Shane Doan.
#LAKingsfactscircaApril

Old
07-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Better Call Saul

Quote:
Put yourself in Doan's position. Which team looks better: the one that went to the Eastern Conference Finals and added Rick Nash, or the one that missed the playoffs yet again and added Steve Ott? If he's focused on money, Buffalo is the more appealing choice. If he wants a Cup, the Rangers are. Let's not forget that he'd rake in some serious cash as a Ranger, too.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:53 PM
AlexanderMogilny89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Who are you to say what they are and what they are not? Or who they will sign and who they will not? The team we had last year was not the same team we had the last 10 seasons. Sorry. Buffalo makes the playoffs this year. The question still remains. Will they get that top 6 forward to push them further into contention. Doan hopefully is that guy.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Sabresfansince1980

Buffalo isn't a legit CUP contender, but they can certainly make the playoffs and possibly win a round or two depending how things pan out with health and the young players. They could miss again too if things go as badly as last season. Every season is different and the competition is too close to make any specific declarations about how good the team is or isn't.

As for Bobby Ryan, I'm not too sure that situation is affected by the Nash trade. Maybe it takes a team out of possible talks, but as long as there is still ONE other team that's interested, Regier will have to outbid somebody. I expect Ryan will still cost Armia, Pysyk/McNabb, and a draft pick.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Boston has less then 300k in cap space.....they would be in a tough spot to trade for ryan unless they could get somebody to take on the tim thomas contract.
Like that would be a problem...

Closed Thread