Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our Jerseys

Old
07-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Karl

vCash: 500
I like the green, not a fan of the red. The white would be fine if they had the matching green but it looks odd having three different sweaters.

Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persian Wild View Post
Not surprising at all IMO, cause last year when Heatley and Setoguchi were presented to the media, they also wore green!

Well yeah, wouldn't you? The other jerseys are god awful! lol
The Wild as a franchise themselves do it also. The pictures they take of our draft picks are just about always wearing the greens.

Blakkmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 09:30 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Yep. They use the greens all the time whenever they are introducing someone. I really wish they would just call the reds the thirds and wear the green jerseys the whole year this year, and then officially dump the reds next year and roll out a matching set of new green and white home and away jerseys and let the current greens go back to the current thirds, cause they look just plain awesome.
They won't dump the reds, they sell far too well for them to dump them. A few people here don't like them... sure, but most people do like them... a lot!

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 09:41 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I have no problem with the reds, but they're overused... IMO swap home and alt, and mike a wheat version of our new home.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 09:50 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

That road white sweater is the only thing that needs to change... it looks completely out of place with the throwback styling the Wild have gone to at home.

Old
07-11-2012, 10:01 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
That road white sweater is the only thing that needs to change... it looks completely out of place with the throwback styling the Wild have gone to at home.
I agree. 3 different templates is stupid.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:19 AM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

I like the red and think its a beautiful jersey.

I just ordered two reds, Suter and Parise. Sure, they could be better, but they are fine.

I to think its time for a change but for now they are ok.

Will buy the green with Suter as soon as posible to..

SphinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:35 AM
IronRangeHockey

Quote:
They won't dump the reds, they sell far too well for them to dump them. A few people here don't like them... sure, but most people do like them... a lot!
I think thats what Avder was saying, make the reds the 3rds because some ppl like em, and make the current 3rds the homes. I like that idea, and I'd change the aways to look more like the homes(current 3rds, in the wheat).

jmo

IronRangeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:49 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRangeHockey View Post
I think thats what Avder was saying, make the reds the 3rds because some ppl like em, and make the current 3rds the homes. I like that idea, and I'd change the aways to look more like the homes(current 3rds, in the wheat).

jmo
The greens are special BECAUSE they are the 3rds. Making the reds into the 3rds again makes it a more rare sight and thus makes the red more special, thus all special occasions would be done in red vs green. I don't think Avder wants that either.

Old
07-12-2012, 01:35 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

Quote:
And I'm sure the original greens sold probably just as well. And the reds went well with the original jerseys as a third jersey. I just dont think the reds work as a primary home jersey. Red is not our primary color: green is. Red is a secondary or tertiary color.

Quote:
The greens are special BECAUSE they are the 3rds. Making the reds into the 3rds again makes it a more rare sight and thus makes the red more special, thus all special occasions would be done in red vs green. I don't think Avder wants that either.
Right. I like the current greens as thirds. But I would not mind if, as a method of ditching the reds, that the greens were promoted to home jersey status and the reds were moved to third jersey status and just not used at all this year, kind of like some other teams have done with their third jerseys in the past.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 01:43 AM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
If you are a stickler for prices and were looking to buy their possibly first piece of apparel that was related to the Wild, where would you go? I could care less if its the perfect authentic or not. Something cheap that looks similar, but a trusting source. I don't know how much longer I can go without having anything Wild.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 01:46 AM
IronRangeHockey

Quote:

I dunno, you may be right but it seems a fair number of people wouldn't mind seeing the reds gone. Personally I hate em, I tolerate the aways but like mentioned above they dont really fit (imo).

I'd love to see the 3rd's become the homes, a similar wheat become the aways and if enough ppl really like the reds, have those become the 3rds.

I think (could be wrong), this ownership recognizes the room for improvement in the sweaters, hence the 3rd's and how regularly they're worn and showcased (drafts, signings and such).

I'd love to see an actual study on the fans opinions of the jerseys. That would be very interesting.

eh, id be surprised to see any significant changes.

Old
07-12-2012, 02:31 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRangeHockey View Post
I dunno, you may be right but it seems a fair number of people wouldn't mind seeing the reds gone. Personally I hate em, I tolerate the aways but like mentioned above they dont really fit (imo).

I'd love to see the 3rd's become the homes, a similar wheat become the aways and if enough ppl really like the reds, have those become the 3rds.

I think (could be wrong), this ownership recognizes the room for improvement in the sweaters, hence the 3rd's and how regularly they're worn and showcased (drafts, signings and such).

I'd love to see an actual study on the fans opinions of the jerseys. That would be very interesting.

eh, id be surprised to see any significant changes.
Fans voices are heard via sales and the Reds have always sold very well since they were created.

Fan polls (prior to our current greens) also had the Wild's Red sweater near the top of the league as well.

Like I mentioned, those who don't like them are very vocal about it... but isn't that the case for anything?

Old
07-12-2012, 03:11 AM
IronRangeHockey

[QUOTE=TaLoN;52455835]Fans voices are heard via sales and the Reds have always sold very well since they were created.

Fan polls (prior to our current greens) also had the Wild's Red sweater near the top of the league as well.

Like I mentioned, those who don't like them are very vocal about it... but isn't that the case for anything?[/QUOTE]

Very true!

Where did you get the retail sles numbers? I remember seeing something along the lines of what you're talking about a few years ago, but my memory is a bit "off".

Thanks

edit: here's an article that supports your opinion, nice to see the Wild getting some love http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,200390

Last edited by IronRangeHockey: 07-12-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Old
07-12-2012, 05:55 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

[QUOTE=IronRangeHockey;52456023]
Quote:
Fans voices are heard via sales and the Reds have always sold very well since they were created.

Like I mentioned, those who don't like them are very vocal about it... but isn't that the case for anything?[/QUOTE]

Very true!

Where did you get the retail sles numbers? I remember seeing something along the lines of what you're talking about a few years ago, but my memory is a bit "off".

Thanks

edit: here's an article that supports your opinion, nice to see the Wild getting some love http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,200390
I wonder how they reached their conclusions in that yahoo article on the jerseys? Was it based on sales, or just the authors own opinions. Seems to me it was just an opinion piece.

Blakkmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:46 AM
NHL12refrigerator

Hi, Montreal fan here. I like your green jersey and your red one. Not a big fan of the away one. Make a light version of either the red or green one and you guy should be fine.

NHL12refrigerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:04 PM
wildinkc

I happen to like our red jerseys. But I really love our green alternate jerseys. I would love for our green alternates to become our new mains the reds moved to be our alternates. Now for some reason I really hate our road jerseys and I wouldn't mind them being changed to the road jersey that have been shown on this forum where it pretty much looks like the green jersey but white.

wildinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 06:53 AM
steelerfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildinkc View Post
I happen to like our red jerseys. But I really love our green alternate jerseys. I would love for our green alternates to become our new mains the reds moved to be our alternates. Now for some reason I really hate our road jerseys and I wouldn't mind them being changed to the road jersey that have been shown on this forum where it pretty much looks like the green jersey but white.
i prefer the red one .

steelerfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 03:32 PM
wildman22

Some jersey designs from www.icethetics.info

wildman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Cluttered

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman22 View Post
I'd go with the away from the top set, and the home from the bottom set. Maybe sync them up a bit, consistency with the line sizing and placement, add a few touches of the gold to the home sweater. Keep the third. The Wild belong in Green, I'd love to see both the home and third in green, But I wouldn't make the third into the home because the home should have the logo, big and bold, right on the front.

Cluttered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 03:48 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

i recuse myself from commenting on this thread from now on...

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Tough jerky

I don't like green jerseys just because of that horrid text logo. They would simply look awesome with the actual team logo, as of now they do look too baseballish to be used in hockey imo. And I simply loathe text logos, what's the point in those anyway?

Tough jerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tough jerky View Post
I don't like green jerseys just because of that horrid text logo. They would simply look awesome with the actual team logo, as of now they do look too baseballish to be used in hockey imo. And I simply loathe text logos, what's the point in those anyway?

Old
07-19-2012, 11:37 PM
elnewby
We got em'!

vCash: 410
Just heard that the NBA is considering getting Sponsors on their jerseys. I don't care what sport it is, just keep it out of North America. I'd be horrified if the NHL ever considered such a thing.

elnewby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 11:54 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnewby View Post
Just heard that the NBA is considering getting Sponsors on their jerseys. I don't care what sport it is, just keep it out of North America. I'd be horrified if the NHL ever considered such a thing.
Source?