HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Members here vs Season tickets ?

Old
07-07-2012, 07:13 AM
CSampson

vCash: 500
Just wanted to +1 on the ignorant disclaimer in OP's post.

Since I don't even live in the same effing country, of course I don't waste money on season tickets that I would never be able to use. Guess I'm not a REAL fan.

But I did shell out the money to go visit Tampa a few years ago and take in a home game (which Tampa lost). And I've been a fan since 91. But not a REAL fan.

CSampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:23 AM
Benders Lindyhop

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSampson View Post
Just wanted to +1 on the ignorant disclaimer in OP's post.

Since I don't even live in the same effing country, of course I don't waste money on season tickets that I would never be able to use. Guess I'm not a REAL fan.

But I did shell out the money to go visit Tampa a few years ago and take in a home game (which Tampa lost). And I've been a fan since 91. But not a REAL fan.
Notice how almost nobody is paying any attention to that part of the OP. It's just a personal opinion. We all have them, and some of them are pretty out there. I wouldn't worry about it, I think our out of market fans are some of the best in the league. The time and effort spent on watching a team from Tampa when you're in Europe, Canada or another part of the States shows dedication that I'm not sure I could match. Especially when it's so much easier to be a fan of a big market team that gets way more press and exposure.

And welcome to the Lightning boards TB! You're going to have a blast when you come to a game here

Benders Lindyhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:27 AM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Legendary

vCash: 3073
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb View Post
I've been listening to Lightning radio since 01/02 season from New Zealand. Since 07/08 ive been able to watch bolts games online (usually around 70 per season) via Gamecenter Live. I have countless Lightning jerseys and apparel which I have payed close to 25% of the merchandise cost in shipping.

I moved to Canada 1 year ago to play hockey and to be apart of the Alberta Ski Team.

On October 25th I will get to attend my first NHL game which is Flames vs Lightning. The following day I watch Oilers vs Bolts then on the 28th Canucks vs Bolts. On the 1st of November I will attend my first home Lightning game against the Jets. I will be attending every game in the 6 game home stand. I also get to watch the Lightning on the road against Carolina and then play at Home vs Detroit (highlight of my trip). I will then round out my trip in Miami as I watch the Panthers play host to the bolts. This is the only chance in the next 3 years I will have an oppurtunity to attend a lightning game.

I cannot wait to contribute to the Lightning community and show appreciation to the organisation which I have grown up loving!

On a side note, anyone who wants to give me some tips for lightning games (pre/post match fan hot-spots) or wants to attend a game and do have a good ol kiwi lad let me know!

There better be no lockout cause I will have no chance to do this for a long time ughhhh!
Hey tb I am going to the flames game as well and if I can convince the Wife Edmonton too. We will have to try to seek each other out.
Are you living in calgary right now?

Xenophobia Catalyst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:09 PM
snowden
Man is matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
Notice how almost nobody is paying any attention to that part of the OP. It's just a personal opinion. We all have them, and some of them are pretty out there. I wouldn't worry about it, I think our out of market fans are some of the best in the league. The time and effort spent on watching a team from Tampa when you're in Europe, Canada or another part of the States shows dedication that I'm not sure I could match. Especially when it's so much easier to be a fan of a big market team that gets way more press and exposure.
Nah, OP's view is pretty ignorant and misguided. No need for that from "fans."

I try to go to as many games as I can, but it's definitely hard all season long. I agree we do have some great out of town fans, though, whose loyalty shouldn't be diminished or demeaned simply because they don't have season tickets.

snowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Hockeyfan02

My dad has had season tickets of some form since the start. At first he was part of a group that had full season tickets at Expo Hall and the Thunderdome. When the team moved to the Forum he bought a half season plan of his own and has kept it that way since then. I manage to go to about 10 games a year with him because of my work schedule.

Hockeyfan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

I have a 10 pack but usually end going to 15 or so games a year.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:47 PM
CSampson

Quote:

And welcome to the Lightning boards TB! You're going to have a blast when you come to a game here
Yah, no anger, just ripe with sarcasm.

CSampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
I live in VA, so I don't have season tickets. I try to see them whenever they're in DC, and normally make a trip a year down to Tampa to catch a couple of games and enjoy the city. I'm also a college student, so even if I did live in Tampa there would be no way in hell I could afford season tickets.

Follower of Yzlam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:00 PM
PhysicalGraffiti
Hates Stevie Y

Dad and I have had season tickets and been going to games since 1995-1996 season.

Only recently have I become irritated with the team, but I'm not going to stop going to games. I love this team, just hate how they look and question their recent moves.

PhysicalGraffiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
So you weren't irritated when we were losing 50 games a year, signing players to six year deals and then threatening to waive them unless they waived their NTC, using a hockey team to market a ****** horror movie or selling draft picks to qualify for revenue sharing but signing Lindback and a jersey is what pushed you over the edge of irritation.

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:33 PM
PhysicalGraffiti
Hates Stevie Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patilevski View Post
So you weren't irritated when we were losing 50 games a year, signing players to six year deals and then threatening to waive them unless they waived their NTC, using a hockey team to market a ****** horror movie or selling draft picks to qualify for revenue sharing but signing Lindback and a jersey is what pushed you over the edge of irritation.
No I was super thrilled losing games! I mean, who couldn't love losing?!

I never said all my irritation was the Lindback situation and jersey situation, but I appreciate your assumptions. It's better to assume, then to ask. As your post contained no question marks, and just your continued way of talking to me like a dick.

To clarify, recent moves have included the past few years. Losing Smith and Downie were annoying. Losing Boyle and others, then subsequently losing the players we got for them, pissed me off.

Overall I was happy with the team during the Davidson tenure, we won a cup.

And the 95-96 season was what made me fall in love with hockey, despite not being very old. So the things I'm concerned about more now, at my age during my first year going, 95-96, til probably about 01-02 I was just a kid who loved hockey and enjoyed the opportunity to go to games. Sucked seeing losing, and hated it quite a bit. Just didn't look or pay attention as deep as I do now.

Last edited by LightningStrikes: 07-08-2012 at 07:28 AM. Reason: removed unneeded comment
Old
07-08-2012, 02:56 AM
BoltSTH

I think it is great we are are building a fan base in and outside of the area, country.
I am lucky to live locally and afford season tickets, but that does not make me any more or less of a Bolts fan then who cannot get to see the games live.

The only ones I dislike are those who support the Bolts EXCEPT when they are playing against a team they supported before moving here, or some other family allegiance.

BoltSTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:44 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
I think it is great we are are building a fan base in and outside of the area, country.
I am lucky to live locally and afford season tickets, but that does not make me any more or less of a Bolts fan then who cannot get to see the games live.

The only ones I dislike are those who support the Bolts EXCEPT when they are playing against a team they supported before moving here, or some other family allegiance.
The Bolt Nation is your new family now. Don't listen to those suppressive persons.

That would be a good slogan, preferably all in lowercase: "we're your new family now."

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:33 AM
Benders Lindyhop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
The Bolt Nation is your new family now. Don't listen to those suppressive persons.

That would be a good slogan, preferably all in lowercase: "we're your new family now."
Selling tickets by being creepy and cultish? It has a ring to it, but I still prefer ALL IN.

Old
07-08-2012, 07:33 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Selling tickets by being creepy and cultish? It has a ring to it, but I still prefer ALL IN.
One of us. One of us. Gooble, gobble, gooble, gobble.

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Benders Lindyhop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
One of us. One of us. Gooble, gobble, gooble, gobble.
Every ticket package comes with your choice of a jersey or a restraining order! You ought to be in marketing.

Old
07-08-2012, 10:37 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Overall happy with the Davidson tenure because it got us one cup and no sustained success? No prospect pool?

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:51 AM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalGraffiti View Post
No I was super thrilled losing games! I mean, who couldn't love losing?!

I never said all my irritation was the Lindback situation and jersey situation, but I appreciate your assumptions. It's better to assume, then to ask. As your post contained no question marks, and just your continued way of talking to me like a dick.

To clarify, recent moves have included the past few years. Losing Smith and Downie were annoying. Losing Boyle and others, then subsequently losing the players we got for them, pissed me off.

Overall I was happy with the team during the Davidson tenure, we won a cup.

And the 95-96 season was what made me fall in love with hockey, despite not being very old. So the things I'm concerned about more now, at my age during my first year going, 95-96, til probably about 01-02 I was just a kid who loved hockey and enjoyed the opportunity to go to games. Sucked seeing losing, and hated it quite a bit. Just didn't look or pay attention as deep as I do now.
You just seem like a guy who is a fan of players and fashion and not a team. You are letting your feeling over a jersey blind you to the larger success of the new regime in every other aspect.

We have a prospect pool stronger than EVER. And a team in the NHL that is finally commanding respect from other players and other organizations due to the people we have running it, and running it properly.

Id much rather have an owner who lives here, who contributes to the community, and who is open to the public rather than an owner who writes checks from 2k miles away and uses the team as a tax write off more than anything.

Tokarski isnt ready. Get over it. The jerseys are here to stay. Get over it.

Enjoy what is happening beyond what your blinders are allowing you to see. This team is setup for long term success, and its only going to get better.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:35 AM
bassassin

Been a fan since the 06-07 season, live in the UK, so no not a season ticket holder suprisingly.

Generally pay every year to watch the games online, easier as the West Coast trips have insane start times here so I get to watch them the next day. Got a jersey and some t-shirts/pucks etc but the tax to import them is insane for the UK.

Oh and a Lightning tattoo.

But you know just another fan who's opinion doesn't count...

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:31 PM
LightningStrikes

vCash: 50
I'm from Germany and I try to watch as many Lightning games as possible live or the next day via NHL Game Center Live. I spend a ridiculous amount of time discussing and watching the Lightning, the NHL and hockey in general with friends, fellow Lightning and hockey fans online and in real life (we had a SCF watch party etc). So obviously I'm not a STH. Me and the girlfriend are planning a trip to Tampa (and Charleston, SC - her "second home") sometime in the future, though.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 03:52 PM
LGB 26

USF student here, usually wait till about mid-season to start going to games and paying $25 for lower/club levels is awesome. For the 5-8 games I go to a year this is a decent deal.

LGB 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:28 PM
BeachBolt

I grew up 2 hours away from Tampa but my dad and I had 4 game packs my jr and senior years of high school. Started at USF and bought a 10 game pack my freshman year. Upgraded to season tickets the next year, which was the ECF year. I'm entering my 3rd year as a full season ticket holder and have loved it. Hoping for a bounce back year for my senior year, and potentially final as a season ticket holder.

BeachBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 03:25 AM
PhysicalGraffiti
Hates Stevie Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Overall happy with the Davidson tenure because it got us one cup and no sustained success? No prospect pool?
No sustained success?

2 division titles, one conference title, 4 seasons of playoff hockey after not being in the playoffs since 95-96, one Cup in 8 years of ownership, 7 actual NHL seasons.

Seems like sustained success to me, but I guess not winning the Cup every year is awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
You just seem like a guy who is a fan of players and fashion and not a team. You are letting your feeling over a jersey blind you to the larger success of the new regime in every other aspect.

We have a prospect pool stronger than EVER. And a team in the NHL that is finally commanding respect from other players and other organizations due to the people we have running it, and running it properly.

Id much rather have an owner who lives here, who contributes to the community, and who is open to the public rather than an owner who writes checks from 2k miles away and uses the team as a tax write off more than anything.

Tokarski isnt ready. Get over it. The jerseys are here to stay. Get over it.

Enjoy what is happening beyond what your blinders are allowing you to see. This team is setup for long term success, and its only going to get better.
You border on giving me respectable comments, which at their length can be, but then throw things in that come off like you think I'm a moron. Not that you care, but that doesn't make me want to give much substance to a response. But I do appreciate the intelligent discussion and not just smilies with facepalms at my posts, you do make some good points.

I'm a fan of the team. Of course I like certain players, but the players I listed leaving weren't even palyers I was a huge fan of, just mentioned in moves I didn't find thrilling. Richards and Boyle weren't my favorite players, they were just good. I liked Downie and what he brought to the team.

I explained my reason for the dislike of the fashion, as clearly I'm concerned about more than that, but apparently in needs repeating. I like wearing my teams gear, and buying shirts/hats/etc. with the logo/color on it. I'm not doing that anymore because of the look and I'm not going to. I want to wear something I'm proud of represent my team. I'll stick to my old jerseys.

I think Tokarski will be ready soon, but we have players that jumped in front of him. I said think, neither you or I are running hockey organizations, these are opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
I'm from Germany and I try to watch as many Lightning games as possible live or the next day via NHL Game Center Live. I spend a ridiculous amount of time discussing and watching the Lightning, the NHL and hockey in general with friends, fellow Lightning and hockey fans online and in real life (we had a SCF watch party etc). So obviously I'm not a STH. Me and the girlfriend are planning a trip to Tampa (and Charleston, SC - her "second home") sometime in the future, though.
Keep me in mind when you do come to the area if you don't already have a way to get tickets. We have good seats, and between our buddy next to us not always going and my dad not being able to always go I would be more than happy to help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB 26 View Post
USF student here, usually wait till about mid-season to start going to games and paying $25 for lower/club levels is awesome. For the 5-8 games I go to a year this is a decent deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBolt View Post
I grew up 2 hours away from Tampa but my dad and I had 4 game packs my jr and senior years of high school. Started at USF and bought a 10 game pack my freshman year. Upgraded to season tickets the next year, which was the ECF year. I'm entering my 3rd year as a full season ticket holder and have loved it. Hoping for a bounce back year for my senior year, and potentially final as a season ticket holder.
Two fellow Bulls! Just graduated in Dec. from USF. Good luck in school guys, I loved my time there and couldn't have asked for a better college experience.

Old
07-09-2012, 07:09 AM
LightningStrikes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalGraffiti View Post
Keep me in mind when you do come to the area if you don't already have a way to get tickets. We have good seats, and between our buddy next to us not always going and my dad not being able to always go I would be more than happy to help you out.
Heh, wouldn't that be bribing of HF officials?

But seriously, thanks for the offer! The way it looks like it's gonna be next season, though.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Tokala

Bought half season tickets beginning ion 1996-97 when they opened the Ice Palace. Went to full season for 2003-04 and still have full season tickets.

Tokala is offline   Reply With Quote