HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

To - nsh - van

Old
07-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Riellyfan04

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
many leaf fans have already agreed to this on Luongo thread
Cause many leafs fans have no idea about hockey on here. I'm so sick of some fellow leaf fans. They just post pointless,unrealistic,loopsided trades proposals on here. Stop please! Your making the nation look bad.

Riellyfan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs03 View Post
Cause many leafs fans have no idea about hockey on here. I'm so sick of some fellow leaf fans. They just post pointless,unrealistic,loopsided trades proposals on here. Stop please! Your making the nation look bad.
My good man, i guess i'm one of those mindless people that have no idea about hockey. You know what's making Leaf nation look bad? Being the only team since the lockout to not make the playoffs. You think i'm some young rambling kid? Here's a little background, my family has been season ticket holders for 3 generations, my Father worked for the orginization from 1962-1976, as a child, i went to the Christmas parties were we skated at Maple Leaf Gardens. I have photos of myself sitting on King Clancy's knee. My God Father is a former Stanley cup winning Goaltender with the Leafs. Every morning when i get dressed to go to work, i stop and look on my mantle at the Stanley Cup rings left to me by my Father, so pardon me if i want to see this team become even a modicom of the former great winning orginization it once was.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Qvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiberg8 View Post
so the preds and leafs get hosed while vancouver makes away like bandits?

LOL, I love how Vancouver trades away 2 players nobody wants for an upgrade from Edler to Weber.

Nashville needs alot more coming back for Weber. The Leafs will not be giving up that package for Luongo either.
I think that is a very poor evaluation. It is plainly rididculous to argue that either Toronto or Nashville gets hosed. In fact, one could more justifiably argue that it's the Canucks who give up the most here - Do you think Burke could get Edler, Luongo and Raymond for Kadri, a first and Franson? Absolutely no chance.

Essentially, the Canucks overpay a bit in order to end up with the best player in the deal, Nashville gets a good return on a Weber they don't expect to be able to re-sign long term (if that's not the case, they're not going to consider any trade) and Toronto solve their most pressing need without losing anything that hurts them in the short term. Not a shabby deal.

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Spice Trader

Ok We Get it,

Lu is Terrible.. he is worse in goal than Carle is at defence. Cause carle is a top 10 d man worth his 5.5 or wideman is worth 5.5.. they will both impact a game way more than a stud goalie. Most importantly TO is a budget team that makes limited revenue so a 5 milion contract down the line will cripple them.

Weber just like hamhuis and suter is totaly going to stay in Nash.. Clearly you can see why he would want too.. all the talent his age has signed cap friendly hits to compete.. management really capitlized on those assets and used there impending departure to shore up others holes as it was clear after offering huge contracts for 6 months that he was going to sign with you...

These are right up there with "i love you babe" 5 secs before you nut in that girl you just met and wont see ever again.

If van waves Lu and gets nothing and doesnt sign any other players i 100 % promise you they will be above TO in the standings. Enjoy your season and year 5 of the never ending rebuild. Calgary of the east.

Spice Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 01:02 PM
BergyWho37

Nashville hangs up the phone 1st ... brutal offer for WEBER.. IMO other teams easily match this offer !!

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote