Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

best High School hockey jersey in Minnesota

Old
07-06-2012, 05:11 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
What the caliber of play in Minnesota high school hockey ? How would it compare to Canadian Midget AAA ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:23 PM
topshelf20

I am from Roseau, and, while I do love our jerseys, my favorites are Grand Rapids and Edina ()

topshelf20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:41 PM
IronRangeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
What the caliber of play in Minnesota high school hockey ? How would it compare to Canadian Midget AAA ?

Theres some really great HS programs in MN, 160 or so. Some pretty darn good prep schools as wll (Shattucks being one of them-considered best in the country).

NTDP has picked up steam, cherry picking some of the states top talent giving them more ice time, which helps to a degree with developing better US talent overall.

IronRangeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Bookman

vCash: 1378
I'll go with Mechanic Arts as the one I'd like to own.

Kind of an ugly jersey, but cool high school with a unique history.

Disclaimer: I used to own a pair of Mechanic Arts gym shorts I got at Goodwill.

Last edited by Bookman: 07-06-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Bookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:53 PM
PuckInTheNards

PuckInTheNards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:57 PM
se7en
infamous...

auh duh, my high school.

DYNASTY.

make it happen.

But on a side note, why would they play in a high school jersey? It would be so hard to show one school that kind of favortism.

I can all but guarntee you they'll play in some variation of the north stars jersey. which is totally ok by me but you know the league has been waiting for an oppurtunity to bring that jersey back. It would be ideal.

A North Stars jersey but with current Minnesota green instead of emerald green & wild logo or state of hockey patches on the shoulders. It would sell like mother ****ing hotcakes

Yes, I know we're no longer the north stars but its our history and an epic logo & jersey & if there was ever a time to do it it's at a winter classic game.

se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:13 PM
J22

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
auh duh, my high school.

DYNASTY.

make it happen.

But on a side note, why would they play in a high school jersey? It would be so hard to show one school that kind of favortism.

I can all but guarntee you they'll play in some variation of the north stars jersey. which is totally ok by me but you know the league has been waiting for an oppurtunity to bring that jersey back. It would be ideal.

A North Stars jersey but with current Minnesota green instead of emerald green & wild logo or state of hockey patches on the shoulders. It would sell like mother ****ing hotcakes

Yes, I know we're no longer the north stars but its our history and an epic logo & jersey & if there was ever a time to do it it's at a winter classic game.
Or, take one of the current Wild jerseys and change to NStars colors. I think the current home might look good in the emerald green and yellow?

I do agree that they couldnt use just one of the High school sweaters.

J22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:14 PM
se7en
infamous...

I threw this together in photoshop in like 10 seconds so I apologize that it sucks but I would imagine they'd probably try to do something like this but with Wild logos or state of hockey logos on the shoulders and then a winter classic patch on the front.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old
07-06-2012, 06:16 PM
se7en
infamous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J22 View Post
Or, take one of the current Wild jerseys and change to NStars colors. I think the current home might look good in the emerald green and yellow?

I do agree that they couldnt use just one of the High school sweaters.
I would also be cool with that idea!

In all honesty tho, I just want to see the North Stars jersey get one more day of love. If they would bring back the North Stars jersey for just one winter classic game I would be so stoked. I just want a North Stars jersey to be relevant in modern hockey era hockey just one more time... It was too great of jersey to go unused...

Old
07-06-2012, 06:22 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 435
If I get highly motivated and caffinated later I will putz with Photoshop and see if I can do any blending of Wild and North Stars.

As for highschool, I dunno, I am not from here so I have no opinion.

edit;

Woodbury and their close to Maple Leaf style is sweet

00xtremeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:40 PM
se7en
infamous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00xtremeninja View Post
If I get highly motivated and caffinated later I will putz with Photoshop and see if I can do any blending of Wild and North Stars.
I'm sure what you put together will be much nicer, Im just hitting paint bucket on everything haha.

I would be happy with something like this:

Oh hey Ninja, remember that old Avi you used to rock on the Wild boards of the 2 kids dancing. I always thoughtthose were your kids or something! I had never seen it anywhere else. I didnt know they were an internet meme. haha I saw it the other day and I was like "Hey those are ninjas kids!"

Old
07-06-2012, 06:48 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
I'm sure what you put together will be much nicer, Im just hitting paint bucket on everything haha.

Oh hey Ninja, remember that old Avi you used to rock on the Wild boards of the 2 kids dancing. I always thoughtthose were your kids or something! I had never seen it anywhere else. I didnt know they were an internet meme. haha I saw it the other day and I was like "Hey those are ninjas kids!"
my PS skills have declined. since the merger and crap storm on the other boards I kinda gave up on playing with it. Maybe it will be like riding a bike??

ahahhaha the Crazy Frog Bros kids. I still have that gif in my photobucket. good times.

for those who haven't seen it

00xtremeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Paul Bunyan
Mythical Lumberjack

vCash: 50
I'd like to see the old school Eveleth jerseys like they have at the US Hockey Hall of Fame up there.

The ones from I think the 1940s, those with laces would be pretty epic. I've got a picture of one of them on facebook somewhere...

I think it would set this state apart if they did something like a throwback like that, either that or Warroad so people nationwide know where the real Hockeytown USA is, not who stole the name and copyrighted it.

Could also rock some Gophs jerseys from the Mayasich era...but with all of these choices you'll get fans of other teams that likely would be a bit pissed off if some other team was chosen over there own especially at the college level.

Paul Bunyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:43 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I don't think anything can beat Warroad's sweaters. Perfection.

As for some colors that are not done all that often together, big fan of what Holy Angels usually roll out. Their sweaters seemingly change every year and that's somewhat expected with a private school, but they always generally look good.

As far as my school, for some reason our crummy away sweaters are on the wall of the X. If I get a chance to dig out my old home sweater and this thread is still going, I'll do it. Very nice and classy looking sweater.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Ice box hockey

Love the Grand Rapids Jerseys. As much as it pains me to say, i really like Edina's jerseys also.

This jersey is our old one, we got new ones our senior year and are much better, but i must say i really do enjoy it. As much **** as we got for wearing purple and gold I think they work very well together! Plus International Falls has some history to it's name too.

Last edited by Ice box hockey: 07-06-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Ice box hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 08:05 PM
soundjam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Bunyan View Post
I'd like to see the old school Eveleth jerseys like they have at the US Hockey Hall of Fame up there.

The ones from I think the 1940s, those with laces would be pretty epic. I've got a picture of one of them on facebook somewhere...

I think it would set this state apart if they did something like a throwback like that, either that or Warroad so people nationwide know where the real Hockeytown USA is, not who stole the name and copyrighted it.

Could also rock some Gophs jerseys from the Mayasich era...but with all of these choices you'll get fans of other teams that likely would be a bit pissed off if some other team was chosen over there own especially at the college level.
Definitely can't do Gopher jerseys. Parise is one of the biggest stars in recent Sioux hockey history, and Suter played a year with the Badgers. As a current student at UND I would like to think Parise, at the very least, would object to donning a jersey based on the Gophers.

soundjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 08:12 PM
J22

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundjam View Post
Definitely can't do Gopher jerseys. Parise is one of the biggest stars in recent Sioux hockey history, and Suter played a year with the Badgers. As a current student at UND I would like to think Parise, at the very least, would object to donning a jersey based on the Gophers.

Meh, the Wild just gave him 98 million reasons to wear whatever they tell him to, besides if had put on a Gophers jersey when he should have, he would have already been a champion.

That last part is for TP

J22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Dampland

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRangeHockey View Post
Im all about the history.. Gimme an SSP, Warroad and Roseau.

Edina is nice for the cake eaters

I was thinking history too .....International Falls and South St. Paul

Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Dampland

[QUOTE=se7en;52239485]I'm sure what you put together will be much nicer, Im just hitting paint bucket on everything haha.

QUOTE]

Could some body Photo shop the North Star jersey, but turn the "N" into a "W", since Dallas owns the North Stars, but I'm sure they would be ok with a 1-off use of the design just as long as we tweaked it with the N going to a W.

Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:13 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Warroads jerseys are beauties aswell.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Pinchy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice box hockey View Post
Love the Grand Rapids Jerseys. As much as it pains me to say, i really like Edina's jerseys also.

This jersey is our old one, we got new ones our senior year and are much better, but i must say i really do enjoy it. As much **** as we got for wearing purple and gold I think they work very well together! Plus International Falls has some history to it's name too.

I was just going to post the good ole purple and gold, can't go wrong with the jersey from my high school. I also like Eveleth, Warroad, Roseau, and like many others it hurts to say Edina.

Pinchy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:19 PM
BagHead

I'm a Hill-Murray and So St Paul guy, but neither of those make my cut. I think the best are either the Woodbury one that was already posted, or St Francis:

BagHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:39 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagHead View Post
I'm a Hill-Murray and So St Paul guy, but neither of those make my cut. I think the best are either the Woodbury one that was already posted, or St Francis:

Not bad, rather Edina's...

Old
07-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Nino Noderreiter

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=orono...9,r:3,s:0,i:81

My High School

How do I get pictures to work?

Nino Noderreiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Nino Noderreiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I don't know how it compares to Midget AAA in Canada, but it's really really high. The best caliber and depth in the States easily IMO. I'm biased, but I don't think that's a stretch. Everyone plays hockey...

Nino Noderreiter is offline   Reply With Quote