HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agency IV (The Mattieuw Purrettu Super Sized Edition)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2012, 05:45 PM
  #76
butters8814
Registered User
 
butters8814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
I love how a 39 goal season was a crappy season. It wasnt up to his standards, but lets stop this bs about trading him.

butters8814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:51 PM
  #77
Bunindza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Does his cap hit become significantly higher than his actual money? If not, I struggle to think of a team who would want to pay assets to acquire a 65 point winger with a 9.5M cap hit.
65 points once during a widely publicized period of team transition (and team wide offensive drop off) where he still leads the team in goals (you know, the primary reason he got his current contract) by a LOT and he's suddenly a 65 point winger?

Come on now.

Bunindza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:52 PM
  #78
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 20,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Does his cap hit become significantly higher than his actual money? If not, I struggle to think of a team who would want to pay assets to acquire a 65 point winger with a 9.5M cap hit.
There are teams lining up to acquire a player with an entire career of 'crappy' Ovechkin seasons on an inflated long-term contract in Rick Nash.

Ovechkin's contract is definitely trade-able unless he goes Cheechoo or Radulov.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:02 PM
  #79
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,819
vCash: 500
He didn't exactly light it up 2 seasons ago either. And the premise was a third consecutive down season. So yes, at that point he would be a 65 point winger.

Ovechkin's contract is more expensive and significantly longer than Nash's. And Howson hasn't exactly been getting the offers he'd hoped for (though I would never lump McPhee in with Howson as a GM).

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:18 PM
  #80
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 20,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
He didn't exactly light it up 2 seasons ago either. And the premise was a third consecutive down season. So yes, at that point he would be a 65 point winger.

Ovechkin's contract is more expensive and significantly longer than Nash's. And Howson hasn't exactly been getting the offers he'd hoped for (though I would never lump McPhee in with Howson as a GM).
Again, Nash has an entire career has a 65 point winger and he's highly sought after.

Yes, Howson isn't getting what he wants. But he could trade him in 15 minutes if he just wanted to get rid of the contract.

Ovechkin won't be just a normal 65 point winger. The merchandise and ticket sales he would bring in would likely more than make up the difference in his and Nash's contracts.

There are very few scenarios in which Ovechkin's contract is untradeable. I don't see him becoming Cheechoo and he seems committed to staying in the NHL. So we just have to worry about the dead hookers in the trunk scenario.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:29 PM
  #81
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Again, Nash has an entire career has a 65 point winger and he's highly sought after.

Yes, Howson isn't getting what he wants. But he could trade him in 15 minutes if he just wanted to get rid of the contract.

Ovechkin won't be just a normal 65 point winger. The merchandise and ticket sales he would bring in would likely more than make up the difference in his and Nash's contracts.

There are very few scenarios in which Ovechkin's contract is untradeable. I don't see him becoming Cheechoo and he seems committed to staying in the NHL. So we just have to worry about the dead hookers in the trunk scenario.
But this player is fully loaded!

Yeah, loaded with dead hookers.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:46 PM
  #82
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Beagle already in the film room with Oates, and says he'll make Alzner hit the gym with him when he gets back from the honeymoon.

Can we get someone to do that to Ovechkin?
Stupid arrogant jackass is all I read from this.

Alzner does his training with Twist Conditioning, so does Ward.

And this gave me shiver.... so does Santorelli.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:57 PM
  #83
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.
 
Vladiator16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Beagle already in the film room with Oates, and says he'll make Alzner hit the gym with him when he gets back from the honeymoon.

Can we get someone to do that to Ovechkin?
Oh Beagle... Didn't he work on his MMA technics last off season... And then he tried to show off his skillz against Ashem (sp) I hope he isn't teaching Alzner how it's done...

Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:15 PM
  #84
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 15,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Stupid arrogant jackass is all I read from this.

Alzner does his training with Twist Conditioning, so does Ward.

And this gave me shiver.... so does Santorelli.
Ovechkin does his training with Twist Off Conditioning.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:17 PM
  #85
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 20,127
vCash: 500
Beagle and Alzner worked out together last offseason. So the comments aren't surprising.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:52 PM
  #86
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter
 
californiacapsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berzerkeley, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Beagle and Alzner worked out together last offseason. So the comments aren't surprising.
Indeed. And as I recall, Alzner stated at the time that Beagle is a fitness freak and a great guy to work out with because of his commitment and discipline.

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 08:30 PM
  #87
number72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,893
vCash: 500
So Joey Crabb replaces Semin.
No real changes this UFA I guess

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 08:36 PM
  #88
Blades of steel
log off.
 
Blades of steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: richmond, va
Posts: 3,392
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
So Joey Crabb replaces Semin.
No real changes this UFA I guess
fixed for you

Blades of steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 08:52 PM
  #89
Dirtbag59
Registered User
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,867
vCash: 500
Based on the idea that Oates like right handed shots to play RW and lefties to play LW.

Quote:
“Oates’ theory, that he backs up with videotape evidence, is that left-handed players need to play on the left side and right-handed players on the right side because it’s more important than ever in the faster, modern NHL that wingers be moving north-south with the puck, rather than cutting into the middle of the ice as many players who skate on their off-wing are prone to do.”
21-19-8
90-63-20
25-85-42
26-83-46

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:06 PM
  #90
butters8814
Registered User
 
butters8814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
If semin signs with the pens, the guy is garbage to me, How could you sign with a team that you played so hard for so many years and the hate between the two teams.

butters8814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:16 PM
  #91
itsjustsurvival
The Revisionist
 
itsjustsurvival's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: richmond, virginia.
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters8814 View Post
If semin signs with the pens, the guy is garbage to me, How could you sign with a team that you played so hard for so many years and the hate between the two teams.
Eh, I hate the Penguins and many of their players, but I'm not gonna hold it against Semin for signing where the money is. He is a professional athlete, it is what they do.

itsjustsurvival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:18 PM
  #92
tycoonheart
Registered User
 
tycoonheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,873
vCash: 500
Not just money. He gets to play with a legitimate center full time.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:28 PM
  #93
um
Registered User
 
um's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters8814 View Post
If semin signs with the pens, the guy is garbage to me, How could you sign with a team that you played so hard for so many years and the hate between the two teams.
well after we let him go he can do whatever wants

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:38 PM
  #94
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
I'm sure fans will like a winner.
There's one reason we've been a winner, #8. Trade him and you've got a team of nice secondary players for the most part.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:41 PM
  #95
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,256
vCash: 500
It's a business. Can't hold anything against a guy cut loose by his team.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:56 PM
  #96
Capitlols
Registered User
 
Capitlols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 11,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
There's one reason we've been a winner, #8. Trade him and you've got a team of nice secondary players for the most part.
For the third time, in the hypothetical scenario, it depends on what you get. You wouldn't be dumping OV for cap space and be left with what we have. Also, he's not the sole reason we've become a winner, a big part, but not the only reason.

This discussion is pointless anyway, management wouldn't dare trade him and this talk can be quelled if OV plays to his ability.

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:13 PM
  #97
RandyHolt
Capitals Station
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 25,082
vCash: 1520
Quote:
Randy Holt's theory, is that left-handed players need to play on the left side and right-handed players on the right side, and it’s as important as ever in the faster, since modern NHL wingers are moving north-south with the puck, rather than cutting into the middle of the ice as many players who skate on their off-wing are prone to do.”
Younger than me, the noob ain't stealing my thunder

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:15 PM
  #98
Govechkin
Registered User
 
Govechkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
The thing that gets me about Semin is when he enters the zone 1 on 2, dangles the puck, gets it stripped cause he runs outta time, and gets a lazy stick penalty on the backcheck. He plays under his size and Hunter/Boudreau stopped using him in PK situations when the games got important. I'm gonna miss his goal production, not his 6.7 salary and his occasional flashes of brilliance. Don't think The Undertaker is gonna sit on all that cap space, don't really care if its top 4 D or winger.

Here's hoping Oatsie puts together a North South game and maybe RW with R shots and vice versa.

Govechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:21 PM
  #99
RandyHolt
Capitals Station
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 25,082
vCash: 1520
I would have liked to have seen Montana

and Semin at LW when he didn't have to curl and drag, to get into better shooting position; no one to pass to

I don't think I will see a better C&D, nor have I seen.

Put that in urpipensmokit


Last edited by RandyHolt: 07-06-2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: vasted
RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:34 PM
  #100
RandyHolt
Capitals Station
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 25,082
vCash: 1520
all those times you saw LW Ovi fumbling pucks away on the rush over the past 2 years, didn't you want to see what Semin could do at least once?


/drinking dont **** with me
//happy hour power


Last edited by RandyHolt: 07-06-2012 at 10:48 PM.
RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.