HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Signings: Signings and your proposals.

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2012, 06:34 PM
ChuckWoods

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
that would be my MAX too.
I agree, I think with Lu's recent statements its very plausible to be lowballing Gillis at this point. Gillis will certainly lower his asking price as the season quickly approaches in efforts to move him out of that situation before camp starts.

It's clear now that he wants to be moved, its clear who he WANTS to be moved too, but he's also made suggestions that he's not exactly going to focus just on that destination.

Should hopefully stop the reports that he only wants to go to Florida.

Old
07-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

well there was suppose to be a second deal according to hendricks i dont know what that is.

07-06-2012, 06:36 PM
leugangen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
If we were all carolina fans, i could easily be an insider... Unfortunately I (no longer) have sources within the Leafs Org.

I'm happy I don't, as well. Lol.
Was Tlusty your source?

Old
07-06-2012, 06:37 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
well there was suppose to be a second deal according to hendricks i dont know what that is.
Maybe the 2nd for Schutlz if we were able to work out a deal with him when the Ducks gave us an opportunity

Old
07-06-2012, 06:38 PM
showtime8

What does everyone think about the value of Clark MacArthur? He was brought in for free and he could leave for free, but do you think that he should be traded before?

Would anyone be upset if the Leafs didn't get any return on him and they just let him walk at seasons end?

Old
07-06-2012, 06:40 PM
CrankuptheSnakes
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
Was Tlusty your source?
My source is still in Carolina.

I no longer have an "in" with the Leafs, as he was (thankfully) fired. Lol

Old
07-06-2012, 06:41 PM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
What does everyone think about the value of Clark MacArthur? He was brought in for free and he could leave for free, but do you think that he should be traded before?

Would anyone be upset if the Leafs didn't get any return on him and they just let him walk at seasons end?
I personally think he gets moved at the deadline unless the Leafs are in a tight playoff race.

His offensive production can probably be mirrored with something like Kadri or Frattin if they receive the same minutes as Clarke does.

If Clarke is playing Bottom 6 minutes, then I can see other players being capable of filling in that role without missing a lot.

There are more scenario's that I see Clarke being moved out for any sort of pick or prospect to a team making a strong push, than I do keeping him around and letting him walk for nothing.

Old
07-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:
It seems all the MSM surrounding the Leafs is anticipating a double deal every time Burke makes a trade because of the Phanuef and Giguere deals happening the same day.

Personally, i think Hennie was taking a shot in the dark.

Old
07-06-2012, 06:42 PM
IBeL13f

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post

No. I'd be disappointed, because it would mean that none of Kulemin, Kadri or Frattin were able to push him out of the spot. But if he secures a role on the roster for himself and walks away at the end of the year, I won't be upset. I think he gets moved in the next couple months though.

Old
07-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
Maybe the 2nd for Schutlz if we were able to work out a deal with him when the Ducks gave us an opportunity
It might as well be now lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
It seems all the MSM surrounding the Leafs is anticipating a double deal every time Burke makes a trade because of the Phanuef and Giguere deals happening the same day.

Personally, i think Hennie was taking a shot in the dark.
I don't see it to be a double deal situation, burke and nonis has been stating there is a trade thing going on this summer. Also stating we aren't entering the season with this roster so something has to be cooking IMO.

Also no I don't think Ryan is the guy we are after, can't see it at all.

Is it possible that Ryan is traded to the flyers and then couturier who is moved to the ducks, assuming the schenn brothers stay, and we flip with the ducks for couturier ? I am just throwing out some scenarios, don't shoot me. If we are apparently "talking" with the ducks.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

I see an Anaheim / Colorado deal around Ryan and Stastny. It just makes too much sense.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:06 PM
IBeL13f

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
I see an Anaheim / Colorado deal around Ryan and Stastny. It just makes too much sense.
That does make a lot of sense.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Morguee

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
Henny tweeted a day or two ago he was refering to Shultz as the second deal that never happened.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:24 PM
rumman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
I agree, I think with Lu's recent statements its very plausible to be lowballing Gillis at this point. Gillis will certainly lower his asking price as the season quickly approaches in efforts to move him out of that situation before camp starts.

It's clear now that he wants to be moved, its clear who he WANTS to be moved too, but he's also made suggestions that he's not exactly going to focus just on that destination.

Should hopefully stop the reports that he only wants to go to Florida.
little off topic, but what's up with Tim Thomas? is he still being shopped? will he definitely not play this season? These questions probably impact Lulongo's trade value no?

Old
07-06-2012, 08:31 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeL13f View Post
That does make a lot of sense.
Over payment by ANA IMO. But close, I suppose.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:33 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumman View Post
little off topic, but what's up with Tim Thomas? is he still being shopped? will he definitely not play this season? These questions probably impact Lulongo's trade value no?
I think he'd be a great pick up. I wonder if they're shopping him quietly.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Andrew Mack

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumman View Post
Last I heard was at the draft, and they said he is telling people he definitely is taking the entire season off, sort of a warning against teams coming to him to try and convince him to play if they trade for him.

Obviously, should he decide otherwise, he'd be a much better option for us than Luongo as it would be a one or two year gap for Reimer and co. But that is unlikely, and I really think Boston would not want to trade him to Toronto because lets face it when the guy is motivated (ie. playing against his own team) he is lights out.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:42 PM
IBeL13f

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Mack View Post
Last I heard was at the draft, and they said he is telling people he definitely is taking the entire season off, sort of a warning against teams coming to him to try and convince him to play if they trade for him.

Obviously, should he decide otherwise, he'd be a much better option for us than Luongo as it would be a one or two year gap for Reimer and co. But that is unlikely, and I really think Boston would not want to trade him to Toronto because lets face it when the guy is motivated (ie. playing against his own team) he is lights out.
As long as we don't give them any of our goalie prospects again...

Old
07-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
How about Ryan and Statsny playing together, on Toronto, with Kessel

Give us your stars for our quantity!

Old
07-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Makes a lot more sense for the Avs. Ryan is a better player than Stastny and has a better contract. Duchene for Ryan would make more sense IMO (at least more sense for the Ducks).

Old
07-06-2012, 09:24 PM
IBeL13f

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Makes a lot more sense for the Avs. Ryan is a better player than Stastny and has a better contract. Duchene for Ryan would make more sense IMO (at least more sense for the Ducks).
I imagine more would be going the Ducks' way. I don't think it would have to be too too much, though.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Yeah, I said a deal based around the two of them. I think the Avs would have to add a player/prospect.

Maybe Stastny, Barrie and a 3rd.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:50 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

i think we're getting Ryan

Old
07-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Dr Swag
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
i think we're getting Ryan
Leafs don't have the assets to get Ryan, just saying. Anaheim's asking price is pretty much a #2 C +

Old
07-06-2012, 10:30 PM
binop7

Quote:
Yeah, I said a deal based around the two of them. I think the Avs would have to add a player/prospect.

Maybe Stastny, Barrie and a 3rd.
I think if/when Anaheim trades Ryan he's coming to the East. NYR/Philly/Ott some teams can put really good packages together. Burke does seem to have the inside track on most of murray's deals so here's hoping

Closed Thread