HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Signings: Signings and your proposals.

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2012, 01:27 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
As of right now, Oshie hasn't proven to be much better than Bozak. Although with line mates like Lupul and Kessel anyone can look good.

Is Oshie good defensively and along the boards? If he is, he may be a very good fit. Although i cant see st louis trading him.
Just figured there might be some tension between him and St.Louis management now that it looks like they are headed to arbitration.. Can the leafs fire an offer sheet his way?

Old
07-10-2012, 01:29 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Just figured there might be some tension between him and St.Louis management now that it looks like they are headed to arbitration.. Can the leafs fire an offer sheet his way?

Burke said he wants size and physicality in his top six, Oshie would probably level out our top line nicely.

Old
07-10-2012, 01:41 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
The Preds have already filed for arbitration on Weber, so that means that he will have another year under contract regardless of where he plays.

Knowing this, I would for sure make this deal. Weber is by far a better player and will make more money than Dion, but I would gladly pay for 5 years at 8 mill for Weber. The same couldn't be said towards Dion. (and that's taking nothing away from Phaneuf because he is a quality player)
I still wouldn't do it, wait a year and sign him as a FA. Patience is a virtue.
I hope were in on weber, smid, and Murray on D. And Perry, getz, Weiss, borrows, horton, zajac, clowe,
And if things don't turn out in net backstrom or lehtonen.
I'm pessimistic we can get one or two of these guys, and all without selling the future.

Old
07-10-2012, 02:03 PM
showtime8

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
I still wouldn't do it, wait a year and sign him as a FA. Patience is a virtue.
I hope were in on weber, smid, and Murray on D. And Perry, getz, Weiss, borrows, horton, zajac, clowe,
And if things don't turn out in net backstrom or lehtonen.
I'm pessimistic we can get one or two of these guys, and all without selling the future.
All really good names to target in free agency, but can't see 3/4 of the guys mentioned leave their respective teams.

The reason that you pick up Weber right now is you have a full year to try and sign this guy long term instead of 2 months (which essentially limits you to 3 weeks until he makes up his mind and signs in free agency)

Right now, its kind of useless to even imagine what the Leafs line-up will look like. You don't know who will make an impact this year or who will be drafted and free agents... blah blah.. the list goes on. I could wish that Edler, Filpulla, Clarkson, Douglas Murray, Mike Smith, etc. all hit free agency, but you know who else is going to want them? Their own teams.

Old
07-10-2012, 02:16 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
As of right now, Oshie hasn't proven to be much better than Bozak. Although with line mates like Lupul and Kessel anyone can look good.

Is Oshie good defensively and along the boards? If he is, he may be a very good fit. Although i cant see st louis trading him.
I know the NHL is a business, but Oshie is a fan favourite over in St.Louis. I'd expect it would take a fairly substantial offer to get him. I do think he's the type of player Burke likes. Fast, throws his weight around, etc, but he really hasn't put it together just yet despite being 25 (not that he's a old man or anything).

Old
07-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

No way the leafs can get Oshie. Oshie sells the tickets for the blues and a fan favourite. He is also a good core for the team. Unless we overpay I don't see us getting him. Wouldn't it be nice to try him in the center of Lupul and kessel?

Old
07-10-2012, 02:41 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post

Burke said he wants size and physicality in his top six, Oshie would probably level out our top line nicely.
I was more impressed by Richards sticking up for his team mate who got levelled.
I don't see that kind of "i got your back" team on the leafs.

Old
07-10-2012, 03:02 PM
joffreyLUUPUL

I'm all for giving Kadri a shot at 1C if we don't pull a trade by the end of the off season

Old
07-10-2012, 03:07 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by joffreyLUUPUL View Post
I'm all for giving Kadri a shot at 1C if we don't pull a trade by the end of the off season
I don't think he's gonna get the first swing at that ball.. and if JVR doesn't work, they are probably just gonna go back to bozak. I doubt kadri will be started anywhere but 3rd line wing.

Old
07-10-2012, 03:11 PM
joffreyLUUPUL

Quote:
I don't think he's gonna get the first swing at that ball.. and if JVR doesn't work, they are probably just gonna go back to bozak. I doubt kadri will be started anywhere but 3rd line wing.
I have a feeling he's going to go off this season and if he doesn't were probably going to trade him

Old
07-10-2012, 03:18 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by joffreyLUUPUL View Post
I have a feeling he's going to go off this season and if he doesn't were probably going to trade him
But it makes no sense for his development to throw him to the wolves on the first line, I think he will make the most impact playing on a 3rd scoring line, also unless he plays big and angry I doubt he'll be playing center, not at first anyways. I think colborne was brought in on purpose to be a big C because they didn't see kadri in that role. Kadri tho is further along in his development and I honestly can't see Joe making the jump into the NHL yet, unless he kills it at camp, that injury riddled season season was unfortunate and hopefully he rebounds but his AHL play hasn't answered to many questions yet.

Last edited by delirium trigger: 07-10-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old
07-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Asif16*

Man oh man i seriously want to see what burke's plan is for the summer. What he got cookin up. I hope its sooner than later

Old
07-10-2012, 03:33 PM
pspot

Kadri #1C
Reimer #1G

sounds great if this was two years ago with no Connolly, Lombardi, Komi, Armstrong,
now i just don't see it happening with Burke

Old
07-10-2012, 03:40 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
Kadri #1C
Reimer #1G

sounds great if this was two years ago with no Connolly, Lombardi, Komi, Armstrong,
now i just don't see it happening with Burke
Ya, I don't see kadri at #1C, he isn't any bigger than bozak, bozak is better at faceoffs, backchecking, and has great chemistry with the boys. I'd love kadri to prove me wrong but his dynamic offense and spot on the depth chart seams to Indicate he's a 3rd liner for now, and doubtfully a C. He would have to be better than JVR, bozak, probably connolly, and maybe colborne at center to get a sniff at the first line

Old
07-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:

How can you say he's no better than Bozak like your an expert? Then ask what he's like as a player?

Old
07-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
But it makes no sense for his development to throw him to the wolves on the first line, I think he will make the most impact playing on a 3rd scoring line, also unless he plays big and angry I doubt he'll be playing center, not at first anyways. I think colborne was brought in on purpose to be a big C because they didn't see kadri in that role. Kadri tho is further along in his development and I honestly can't see Joe making the jump into the NHL yet, unless he kills it at camp, that injury riddled season season was unfortunate and hopefully he rebounds but his AHL play hasn't answered to many questions yet.
I'm expecting Colborne to be the 1st or 2nd call up in the 1st half of the season.

Then hopefully he sticks for the rest of the season come February/March because one or all of our non-core UFA forwards that we shouldn't overpay for in CMac, Bozak, Lombardi, Connolly, Steckel are shipped out of town.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:04 PM
marmarsab
Formerly #13 & Schen

Some Random trade thoughts:

Tor: Kadri, Bozak, Gunnarson and 2013 2nd for ANA: Ryan
Tor: Reimer, Connolly, Blacker for VAN: Luongo
Tor: Lombardi, Mckegg and 2013 4th for PHO: Bissonette, Roszival

Lupul JVR Kessel
CMac Grabo Ryan
Kulemin MClement Frattin
Bissonette Steckel Brown
Komarov

Phaneuf Franson
Liles Komisarek
Gardiner Roszival
Holzer

Luongo
Scrivens

Old
07-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Sergei Berezin

Why do people care so much about size with Kadri?

He has the skill. Size shouldn't be an issue if you're sneaky and elusive. I wish Kadri never put on the pounds that slowed him down.

Look at Giroux and Ennis. Madly skilled players, who are very small (smaller than even Kadri).

Old
07-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Heatleys Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Mack View Post
I would take him in a second and I'd give up that for him in a second but I have two concerns.
You would? For all we know the Leafs could finish in the bottom 3-5 in the league again. You are throwing away a possible lottery pick 'in a second' for TJ Oshie?

a 25 year old with a career high 19 goals by the way

Old
07-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
How can you say he's no better than Bozak like your an expert? Then ask what he's like as a player?
Offensively Oshie has comparable numbers to Bozak. Bozak is good on faceoffs and plays well defensively. I don't watch enough of Oshie to know whether he plays well defensively

Old
07-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 95
Quote:
Offensively Oshie has comparable numbers to Bozak. Bozak is good on faceoffs and plays well defensively. I don't watch enough of Oshie to know whether he plays well defensively
He plays on St. Louis, he can play defense

Old
07-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Heatleys Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif16 View Post
Man oh man i seriously want to see what burke's plan is for the summer. What he got cookin up. I hope its sooner than later
I think people will begin to realize eventually that there isn't much of a plan. Since Burke arrived in Toronto every summer there has been huge excitement about the team for the upcoming season and the moves Burke will make

Well the team is really no better than it was the day he arrived - and the league standings don't lie. It has been 5 years now.

Too bad Burke thinks his team is better than it is - maybe he doesn't look at league standings though

Old
07-10-2012, 04:23 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Why do people care so much about size with Kadri?

He has the skill. Size shouldn't be an issue if you're sneaky and elusive. I wish Kadri never put on the pounds that slowed him down.

Look at Giroux and Ennis. Madly skilled players, who are very small (smaller than even Kadri).
if we had big wingers u can do that, we don't. Kadri gaining weight will slow him down temporarily, but if he trains properly and focuses on anaerobic work outs he should take that step, look how crazy explosive and strong stamkos got after he trained one off season with Gary Roberts

Old
07-10-2012, 04:26 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHENNsational View Post

Lupul JVR Kessel
CMac Grabo Ryan
Kulemin MClement Frattin
Bissonette Steckel Brown
Komarov

Phaneuf Franson
Liles Komisarek
Gardiner Roszival
Holzer

Luongo
Scrivens
Hahaha u seriously want to trade riemer for luongo, and add to it?! Holy $h1t balls!

Old
07-10-2012, 04:28 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHENNsational View Post

Lupul JVR Kessel
CMac Grabo Ryan