HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Signings: Signings and your proposals.

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2012, 05:39 PM
trellaine201

vCash: 500
I think we're waiting for the summer of 2013 for moves.

Old
07-11-2012, 05:42 PM
CreeksideStrangler

Burke is waiting for???

Teams to reach the new cap and hurry to free space? I don't know... Toronto has been the leAst active team. Thoughts?

Old
07-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Schenn
In Rod We Trust

vCash: 816
Any transaction in sport takes two to tango whether he is negotiating with a GM or with an agent.

Old
07-11-2012, 05:44 PM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
Teams to reach the new cap and hurry to free space? I don't know... Toronto has been the leAst active team. Thoughts?
Great subject for a new thread.

Seriously - thoughts from everyone are in the speculation thread.

Old
07-11-2012, 05:45 PM
TootooTrain
-

What are you expecting? More overpaid free-agents like Komisarek and Connolly?

Trades take time to work out details. Not to mention most teams are using the 'wait and see' approach in terms of the new CBA and the implications it will have.

Old
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue86 View Post
I was just getting over not getting this guy last year, and now this comes out...
LOL, why? U like what you see?
Why does this even exist?! Is this some weird milk commercial?

Old
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
It's Bass season.....

Old
07-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Kirkpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
Any transaction in sport takes two to tango whether he is negotiating with a GM or with an agent.
Nuts. I came here ready to post "it takes two to tango".

Old
07-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Guy Boucher

vCash: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post
Mike Gillis said in an interview that he was expecting the 2013 Free Agency to be much, much deeper than this seasons' free agency.

It seems the Leafs planned for this. Assuming the CBA closes certain loopholes, teams won't be able to easily resign all of their players like they can now so perhaps more of them will hit free agency.

Old
07-11-2012, 06:14 PM
mooseOAK*

The days of $10 million salaries and $6 million cap hits will be gone, it would figure.

Old
07-11-2012, 06:15 PM
LeaffanDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Boucher View Post
Mike Gillis said in an interview that he was expecting the 2013 Free Agency to be much, much deeper than this seasons' free agency.

It seems the Leafs planned for this. Assuming the CBA closes certain loopholes, teams won't be able to easily resign all of their players like they can now so perhaps more of them will hit free agency.
even if we traded for a couple players. we still have alot coming off the cap next july. we will have plenty of room to sign some players.

Old
07-11-2012, 06:21 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBester View Post
So, when you said Calgary has a better team, you really meant they have a better goalie?
The team is not a player, it is the group of players.

Goalie is part of a team's abilities.

If you don't fill that role adequately you hurt the team.

You don't think teams need goalies?

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.

Babs - short for Barbara
Old
07-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 95
I'm curious what Malkin is going to get paid compared to Crosby in a couple years from now. Assuming these long contracts (new ones) allowing lower cap hits will be abolished, will Pittsburgh be willing to give him a higher cap hit than Crosby?

Old
07-11-2012, 06:53 PM
iArts
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I'm curious what Malkin is going to get paid compared to Crosby in a couple years from now. Assuming these long contracts (new ones) allowing lower cap hits will be abolished, will Pittsburgh be willing to give him a higher cap hit than Crosby?
I'm sure Pens will do whatever they can to keep him.

But if you ask me,Malkin and Crosby should be separated,and shine on their own respective teams.

Old
07-11-2012, 07:19 PM
ForzaItalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post
This guy broke the Parise/Suter to Minny story:

Quote:
@ManicsFromGAF: "Burke is under 0 pressure to make a deal. Strategy is to outwait other GMs. When they get desperate, Burke moves in for kill"

Old
07-11-2012, 07:20 PM
The Magic Man
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
That still means nothing.

Old
07-11-2012, 07:23 PM
ForzaItalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
That still means nothing.
Huh? I remember him going and talking to JFJ at the same Starbucks.

Old
07-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
I got the sense that Burke does that with the JVR Schenn trade. All the time people on HF are saying we have to add a 2nd round pick or something, but after this trade it was said that they started talking again, the offer was on the table and Burke came back and accepted it. That means that Holmgren offered JVR for Schenn.

For someone who calls himself and impatient man, he seems to really take his time on everything.

Old
07-11-2012, 07:37 PM
ChuckWoods

Quiet times around the NHL these days, especially when the biggest news today is that Wolski just signed with the caps at a near league minimum.

As for rumors and tidbits, take it for what its worth to you as per usual, but;

- Lombardi has interest in returning to Phoenix, as does Phoenix have interest in him coming back. This issue here is the pure uncertainty about the managment/ownership group and the entire situation going on in Glendale right now. Player movement has been temporarily placed on hold if its anything significant enough that would require approval from the "Ownership". Lombardi moving there would take weeks from now until this gets sorted out, and it still may never happen due to ongoing issues out there as they feel its a steep price tag (cap wise) to add such a player like Lombadri. Doan was also holding out in hopes to see things get sorted out, but I believe we'll see him move on shortly.

- Edmonton is shopping around for another defenceman, and has contacted Burke about Franson. But at this point it seems they may have shifted focus to Calgary in efforts to try and pry JayBo from their grasp. Managment around the league is thinking a Hemskey/JayBo swap makes some sense for each team.

- As someone has posted before, Burke is well aware he has another month to month and half to wait out other GM's to make a move. He's content with the Reimer/Scrivens tandem going into next season.

Of course he'd like to upgrade with multiple pieces that he currently has at his disposal (Lombardi, Franson, Macarthur, Connolly, Komisarek...) but other teams are weary to make such a move with Burke.

Teams at the lower end of the cap spectrum, and teams that will certainly need to add bodies to hit the cap floor may look in his direction a little later in the summer once, or if, these bigger pieces fall (Nash/Ryan).

Old
07-11-2012, 07:39 PM
DopeyFish

vCash: 737
Give it up Forza

Old
07-11-2012, 07:40 PM
TrueBlue86

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
LOL, why? U like what you see?
who doesn't

Old
07-11-2012, 07:54 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
Quiet times around the NHL these days, especially when the biggest news today is that Wolski just signed with the caps at a near league minimum.

As for rumors and tidbits, take it for what its worth to you as per usual, but;

- Lombardi has interest in returning to Phoenix, as does Phoenix have interest in him coming back. This issue here is the pure uncertainty about the managment/ownership group and the entire situation going on in Glendale right now. Player movement has been temporarily placed on hold if its anything significant enough that would require approval from the "Ownership". Lombardi moving there would take weeks from now until this gets sorted out, and it still may never happen due to ongoing issues out there as they feel its a steep price tag (cap wise) to add such a player like Lombadri. Doan was also holding out in hopes to see things get sorted out, but I believe we'll see him move on shortly.

- Edmonton is shopping around for another defenceman, and has contacted Burke about Franson. But at this point it seems they may have shifted focus to Calgary in efforts to try and pry JayBo from their grasp. Managment around the league is thinking a Hemskey/JayBo swap makes some sense for each team.

- As someone has posted before, Burke is well aware he has another month to month and half to wait out other GM's to make a move. He's content with the Reimer/Scrivens tandem going into next season.

Of course he'd like to upgrade with multiple pieces that he currently has at his disposal (Lombardi, Franson, Macarthur, Connolly, Komisarek...) but other teams are weary to make such a move with Burke.

Teams at the lower end of the cap spectrum, and teams that will certainly need to add bodies to hit the cap floor may look in his direction a little later in the summer once, or if, these bigger pieces fall (Nash/Ryan).
Appreciate the input Woods. Even if there isn't anything going on right now. Yea I'd expect Lombardi and perhaps Connolly to be late summer additions to any team trying to get above the cap floor. I could see Connolly being kept and dealt at the trade deadline aswell, as playoff depth. The caphit is large, but expires after this season. Wouldn't be expecting anything really in regards to a return. Probably real late draft pick.

Old
07-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

Thanks Chuck.

Strange thing to hear about Lombardi, but I suppose if Phoenix wanted him a couple years ago then they'll likely still want him now. There's really no place for him on the team, especially if we're going to be making more trades to get even bigger.

I agree that Connolly will likely be on the outs. I'm wondering what Burke's plans are with Kulemin, Mac, Frattin, Kadri, and even Bozak. I'd love Doan here and then a shutdown line of Kulemin - McClement - Frattin would be pretty nice. Something's gotta give in terms of Kadri though. I don't know if he's NHL quality but he needs to be given a real chance.

It's an unpredictable offseason ahead, that's for sure.

Old
07-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Heatleys Eye

I still think Komisarek can provide some value to Toronto

After this season he has one year on a deal left - and he could be shipped at the deadline for a 2nd round pick to a team desperate for bodies. It may seem like a lot for Komi but teams have given up more for less at the deadline

This year he provides a bit of leadership for some young players and then one season afterwards he is gone for good. I won't miss his stupid penalties at the worst times

Old
07-11-2012, 08:08 PM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
Thanks Chuck.

Strange thing to hear about Lombardi, but I suppose if Phoenix wanted him a couple years ago then they'll likely still want him now. There's really no place for him on the team, especially if we're going to be making more trades to get even bigger.

I agree that Connolly will likely be on the outs. I'm wondering what Burke's plans are with Kulemin, Mac, Frattin, Kadri, and even Bozak. I'd love Doan here and then a shutdown line of Kulemin - McClement - Frattin would be pretty nice. Something's gotta give in terms of Kadri though. I don't know if he's NHL quality but he needs to be given a real chance.

It's an unpredictable offseason ahead, that's for sure.
The thing about Lombadri is that he's still a very capable Top 9 winger (when healthy) that can play both Wing and Centre.

The issue is his cap hit in relation to the question marks surrounding him.

There isn't much of a market there, if any.

I see him getting buried in depth rather than being moved.

Phoenix has expressed some interest in Lombadri, but with so many question marks surrounding that franchise, I doubt we see them make any significant moves at this point in the summer.

Closed Thread