HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ales Hemsky To Pittsburgh

Old
07-13-2012, 01:40 AM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Seriously, if Pens fans don't want to see Hemsky passing the puck to Malkin/Crosby, then the only hope they've got is Semin... which is risky in many ways.
Not a big fan of Semin, but not only does he come at cost of just his salary instead of (laugh) Letang, but when he sucks, he still does more than Hemsky.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 02:27 AM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
Not a big fan of Semin, but not only does he come at cost of just his salary instead of (laugh) Letang, but when he sucks, he still does more than Hemsky.
Not so sure about the last part.

If rumours are true, his poor work ethic and ****** attitude in the lockerroom would likely do far more damage than anything hemsky could ever do.

Most guys seem to really like Hemmer and spoke out to the media about wanting him to stay in Edmonton, he seems like a good team guy.

I don't think the pens should trade for hemsky, but I'd stay clear of semin despite the obvious talent.

Perhaps they are still in the mix on Nash instead?

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 02:50 AM
RottenScoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post

If rumours are true, his poor work ethic and ****** attitude in the lockerroom would likely do far more damage than anything hemsky could ever do.

Most guys seem to really like Hemmer and spoke out to the media about wanting him to stay in Edmonton, he seems like a good team guy.

I don't think the pens should trade for hemsky, but I'd stay clear of semin despite the obvious talent.

One would hope not.

RottenScoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:16 AM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post

Not sure about the last part? No need to be so subtle about this... But that is complete ********. On atrocious defensive teams Hemmer has improved his plus/minus steadily over the past 4 seasons to the point where hes not a liability on his own end anymore. He ain't physical but we've all seen him check before and the guy is not soft/shy at all. It's why he's where he's at in his career now i.e. injury problems and opposing fan skepticism. The guy is a player, bottom line. He would tear it up with Malkin or Crosby, no questions asked.

Quit making this guy out to be a bum. I'm in the keep Hemsky camp anyways but if the Oil are in tough come Feb and he's having a good season (which I think he will have)... Top 4 D in return or good D prospect back from another team in exchange... Make it so Tambo.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:51 AM
djdub
#6cups

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
I would't say this so soon,Ales Hemsky currently has no value and he hasn't played healthy for 3 years.
neither did Gaborik...

djdub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:54 AM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdub View Post
neither did gaborik...
09-10 gp 76
10-11 gp 62
11-12 gp 82

Muffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 10:24 AM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
OH EM GEEEE get to a conference finals gams in the past 3 years before boring me with sarcasm
sucks you set the bar at 3. If you set it at a more reasonable 5 years, we'd have 2.

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 10:58 AM
zero8771

This is great comedy. Joe Morrow + Martin for Ales. I wouldn't give a 1st, or Martin.

See all you oil GM's in may

zero8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slatsmsg View Post
Rowdy I will be interested to read your posts after the upcoming season.
You can read my thoughts from last season while you wait:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...php?p=36469917

But yes, it should be interesting to see what people think of the relative values of Hemsky vs. Despres by the end of this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowball View Post
Hemsky wasn't healthy going into the last offseason, and he was supposed to be ready for the season, but obviously he wasn't. This year he'll have a full offseason of training, and should be close to 100%. From what I read/heard, his shoulder strength should return to 100%, but his motion is unlikely to get to 100%. Could be wrong though.
So...the prognosis for this year seems pretty similar to what it sounded like last year, no?

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 01:03 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
09-10 gp 76
10-11 gp 62
11-12 gp 82
LENGTH: 5 YEAR(S) VALUE: $37,500,000 TYPE: STANDARD EXPIRY STATUS: UFA

Signed: before 09-10 season

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
LENGTH: 5 YEAR(S) VALUE: $37,500,000 TYPE: STANDARD EXPIRY STATUS: UFA

Signed: before 09-10 season
And in those previous 4 seasons:
Goals 123
Games 207
0.59 goals per game (48.38 pace). Before his injury in his last season in Minny, he was on a 62.7 goal pace. Year before 42 in 77 games. Year before that he had 30 in 48 games (51 goal pace). Players who can score 40+ are rare, and will always be in demand.

Hemsky has had two 20 goal seasons, and only topped 70 points twice. He's a talented player, but he depends on his linemates to finish plays (although he has an amazing wrister - that doesn't get used enough). While teams would want him on their team, they're not going to blow the bank to acquire him - especially not after a crappy season and several black to back injury plagued seasons.

Edmonton's best bet is to hang onto him until the trade deadline. If he's playing well and has played most of the season till then, they'll get solid value should they want to move him. But to try and move him now, will not fetch great value, unless it's someone with a similar risk coming back (down season, injuries, etc).

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:02 PM
SephF
See you next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
Given the choice, I'd much rather have Semin; he's an UFA and he shoots the puck which, IMHO, the Penguins would want that skill in a top-6 winger.
Agreed, I mean they only have 3 potential 50 goal scorers in the top 6. That's just not enough.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
Agreed, I mean they only have 3 potential 50 goal scorers in the top 6. That's just not enough.
I don't think most would think that Neal is a 50g guy. Scoring is down, and I think he'll be hard pressed to hit 40 on a regular basis. And it's not Semin's goals that everyone wants. It's a skilled player who'll give Crosby more time and space, so that like in the playoffs they can't just shutdown Crosby/Malkin and shutdown the line.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:36 PM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
oh, since you put it that way, we should settle for your lesser player and give you some of our top prospects and draft picks for him. Makes much more sense.

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 05:18 PM
thejew09

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
A 2013 1st plus Eric Tangradi and Simon Despreses to Edmonton for Hemsky.
Take out Despres and sure.

thejew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 06:37 PM
number72

I think something around Hemsky for Martin makes sense for both teams.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Karsa Orlong
Knight of chains

I doubt he gets moved for many reasons.

Sadly the Pens best trading pieces are D prospects, and the Oil have an amazing D prospect pool already. I would think about Hemmer for Orpik, but i doubt Orpik is available either. That would be close in value though IMO.

Reasons that the oilers will not trade Hemsky;

-The only top 6 guy that is not 22 or younger. (wow)
-The only top 6 guy with playoff experience.
-Just entering his prime at 28 years old.
-Played a full season after a major surgery, proven healed by shrugging off big hits.
-A guy that still wants to play here even though we have been terrible for so long.
-The oilers best player over the last 6-7 seasons, whos value is at an all time low.
-Gene Principe can now make and endless amount of Puns involving Hemmer and Nail. (this should have been #1 on the list really)
-A well liked player. Hall said in an inverview that they begged him to re-sign and stay with the Oilers, as his plan was to test the UFA market.
-They JUST re-signed him.
-The way things have gone this year in free agency, 5m/2y is looking pretty nice. Of course haters are gonna hate.

The Oilers definitely need to find a way to balance the top 6 with some size, but Hemsky isnt going to be traded for cheap just because our top 6 is small, and we have 3 top 6 right wingers. Some of the trade value being thrown around here is pretty funny. If your trying to get him with value based on last season's stats, its just not going to happen.

I do agree that the pens are better off trying to grab a Doan or a Semin if they can afford it. IF Hemsky gets moved, it will be after all of those top wingers sign, and his value will be alot higher.

Karsa Orlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 06:44 PM
rockinghockey

EDM will just keep Hemsky, no use of trading him if we don't like the deal. Tangradi has no value to our team. I like our fwds as is and we will just see what Tambo does with the defense, hopefully he can get an experienced dman.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Dylonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejew09 View Post
Take out Despres and sure.
Not sure if Penguins fans

Or hidden troll.

I wouldn't give up any of those for Hemsky.

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 01:31 AM
shizan

Hemsky is finally 100% healthy and its was proven my the hit he took from Kronwall near the end of the season...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rppnMrGDqDk
I don't know how people can say this guy is soft. No matter where he plays next year he will be back to his point per game play. He looked good at the end of last year and really good in the World Championship. I personally wouldn't trade his but bet hes not in Edmonton next year.

shizan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 12:29 PM
thejew09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
Not sure if Penguins fans

Or hidden troll.

I wouldn't give up any of those for Hemsky.
Pens fan. Tangradi appears that he'll never get a chance here, and what will likely be a very late 1st, I'd say that's a fair trade for Hemsky. I understand why most Pens fans don't want him near the team, but he's still an incredibly talented player that would help us more towards a cup run now than a late 1st and Tangradi likely will. Plus, Edmonton could use some size in the lineup, which Tangradi provides.

thejew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejew09 View Post
Pens fan. Tangradi appears that he'll never get a chance here, and what will likely be a very late 1st, I'd say that's a fair trade for Hemsky. I understand why most Pens fans don't want him near the team, but he's still an incredibly talented player that would help us more towards a cup run now than a late 1st and Tangradi likely will. Plus, Edmonton could use some size in the lineup, which Tangradi provides.
Based on what, exactly? The expectations of impatient fans who don't understand that waiver-eligible players have to blow people away to earn a roster spot on a contender?

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
You need to look beyond stats. When he first came back last year, he played awful. He was tentative, and not very effective carrying the puck. About a month before the trade deadline, he took a pretty big hit, and it was like it clicked, that he knew he could handle a hit. His game came around almost instantly. He scored a vast majority of his points after that hit, and was more effective in every situation. Hemsky was one of the Oilers best producers in the last quarter of the season. I don't think you can question his production.
What are you talking about? He had eleven points in his first sixteen games. In January and February he put up eighteen points in twenty five games. He scored eight points in his last twenty. Hemsky fell off nearly a .6ppg pace to .4ppg in the last quarter.

Last edited by Sorry: 07-14-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Sorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 01:42 PM
rockinghockey

I can't believe people are still talking in this topic. Pitts fans want Hemsky but figure he is not worth anything.

Topic done, I can't wait until Hemsky comes back healthy and has his .78 points per game average or a bit higher. These are the 5 players that Hemsky will be playing with next year:
Hall, RNH, Eberle, Yak, and Gagner.
You have to like that.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizan View Post
Hemsky is finally 100% healthy and its was proven my the hit he took from Kronwall near the end of the season...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rppnMrGDqDk
I don't know how people can say this guy is soft. No matter where he plays next year he will be back to his point per game play. He looked good at the end of last year and really good in the World Championship. I personally wouldn't trade his but bet hes not in Edmonton next year.
Besides one silly 4 point night against Nashville(where his first goal should've been disallowed), he scored 4 points his last twenty games. That's not the type of consistent production I'd be looking for if I were to say Ales Hemsky looked good at the end of last season.

Sorry is offline   Reply With Quote