HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

NJD offer to Parise

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2012, 08:34 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
NJD offer to Parise

Was the NJD offer ever officially acknowledged?

Do we know what it was?

07-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Jerzey Devil

Competitive to status quo.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:44 PM
maplepred

Who cares. Obviously all those two wanted to do was go to Minnesota and miss the playoffs next season.

I mean look at Tampa bay, they have been together longer and way more talent and couldn't even get into playoffs. Parise is no stamkos that's for sure.

I will not be only one laughing when wild miss playoffs lol. Gonna be funny.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:45 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Who cares. Obviously all those two wanted to do was go to Minnesota and miss the playoffs next season.

I mean look at Tampa bay, they have been together longer and way more talent and couldn't even get into playoffs. Parise is no stamkos that's for sure.

Wow bro, no need to be so bitter.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:46 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

When Ponikarovsky signed in Winnipeg, he said he wanted to remain in New Jersey but they simply didn't have the financials to keep him.

If that was for ~1.8 million for Ponikarovsky, I have serious doubts if they could even come close to matching 13 years / 98 million for Parise. Not that that means Parise wouldn't have re-signed anyways.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Jimmy McNulty

Quote:

Yeah, it'll be almost as funny as when Nashville misses the playoffs and Weber also jumps ship for the big bucks!

Old
07-06-2012, 08:59 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 835
Lou said that it was competitive and that the Parise camp never tried to haggle.

Quote:
“We never had a talk about money after our initial meeting in Toronto, where we made our offer and we put up our number,” Lamoriello said. “The response was that the money we offered would not be the issue. We did not get a return call from representation that the money had to go up.

He also said, when asked, that the Devils’ unsettled financial situation did not play any role in the negotiations and he did not get the impression from Parise’s camp that it was a concern from their side.
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f...ut_going_home/

Old
07-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Adam Larsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
When Ponikarovsky signed in Winnipeg, he said he wanted to remain in New Jersey but they simply didn't have the financials to keep him.

If that was for ~1.8 million for Ponikarovsky, I have serious doubts if they could even come close to matching 13 years / 98 million for Parise. Not that that means Parise wouldn't have re-signed anyways.
If that was the case why were they able to sign Salvador to a deal worth more than 3+ million a year a day later? Maybe that's what they told him, but in all honesty he was not a core player who anyone expected to be resigned. We just didnt need him in all honesty. I think Lou was just trying to be nice by blaming the financial situation.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Al Lagoon

vCash: 106
Quote:

Wow, the ******** affects me too, so strong it is.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

They have no monies. So it was probably a box of Butterfingers.

No way he'd get the Twix, those are for Kovy.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:06 PM
None Shall Pass
Cory Stops All

Yeah I wouldn't gauge Zach's situation by the fact that we didn't really want Poni back. Especially considering we gave 36 year old Salvador like $9M the next day.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:10 PM
IronRangeHockey

Quote:

You sad?

Old
07-06-2012, 11:15 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

The Devils money problems seem to be about long term viability... I know they are in debt, but I get the impression it's long term.. And I love the bitter devils fans who come in and trash us when we have a much, much better prospect pool then you guys do... And a better looking team right now, and I will admit thats a biased opinion... But we're pretty young..

Also I know that's not all Devils fans..

Old
07-06-2012, 11:18 PM
thaman8765678

I don't think Parise even knew what the deal was....

Old
07-06-2012, 11:34 PM
Al Lagoon

vCash: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaman8765678 View Post
Obviously not.

He was too busy preparing to BEND NJ OVER to pay attention!

Old
07-06-2012, 11:35 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaman8765678 View Post
I'd be stunned if he wasn't actually offered a deal...

Old
07-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Tretyak 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
And I love the bitter devils fans who come in and trash us when we have a much, much better prospect pool then you guys do.....
Yeah, and I remember when the Rangers were set for a decade because they pulled off the coup de'tat of drafting a top 3 prospect and a top 10 prospect in the same year, then followed it up by drafting a generational goaltender talent. The players in question were Pavel Brendl, Jamie Lundmark and Dan Blackburn. At the time these prospects were all head-and-shoulders above ANY prospect the Wild have. Go check out how many cups the Rangers have won in the last decade, with those prospects in their stable. Stories like that could be multiplied exponentially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
And a better looking team right now, and I will admit thats a biased opinion...
Stanley Cup finals team < team the didn't make the playoffs? You're right about one thing, you certainly are biased.

Old
07-06-2012, 11:40 PM
nuclear reactor

I wasn't aware the Devils could even offer money at this point.

Old
07-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Tretyak 20

We can't. Parise's offer was in food stamps, of course.

Old
07-06-2012, 11:46 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tretyak 20 View Post
Yeah, and I remember when the Rangers were set for a decade because they pulled off the coup de'tat of drafting a top 3 prospect and a top 10 prospect in the same year, then followed it up by drafting a generational goaltender talent. The players in question were Pavel Brendl, Jamie Lundmark and Dan Blackburn. At the time these prospects were all head-and-shoulders above ANY prospect the Wild have. Go check out how many cups the Rangers have won in the last decade, with those prospects in their stable. Stories like that could be multiplied exponentially.

Stanley Cup finals team < team the didn't make the playoffs? You're right about one thing, you certainly are biased.
1: we aren't the Rangers, we not expecting our player to push out overpaid stars..

2: Its called a Cinderella run.. Your team experienced it.. Your definitely not the 2nd best team in hockey.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:11 AM
Richie10

As much as I've loved watching Devils fans suffer since the Kovalchuk debacle two years ago, Wild fans have no leg to stand on in the whole "my franchise v. your franchise" **** talking extravaganza.

The Devils still made the SCF just last season, and have won three Cups in 17 years, with 5 finals appearances and a pile of division titles to boot. It's speculative how far Parise and Suter will take the Wild. The reality is that they're a bottom feeder that has missed the playoffs for years on end. Easy on the bragging, guys. The only accomplishment the Wild have as of right now is throwing a lot of money at two UFAs that may or may not lead them to success.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:16 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
As much as I've loved watching Devils fans suffer since the Kovalchuk debacle two years ago, Wild fans have no leg to stand on in the whole "my franchise v. your franchise" **** talking extravaganza.

The Devils still made the SCF just last season, and have won three Cups in 17 years, with 5 finals appearances and a pile of division titles to boot. It's speculative how far Parise and Suter will take the Wild. The reality is that they're a bottom feeder that has missed the playoffs for years on end. Easy on the bragging, guys. The only accomplishment the Wild have as of right now is throwing a lot of money at two UFAs that may or may not lead them to success.
I'm not talking history...

I'm saying that going foward the Wild are better... The Devils were a goal away from elim last year.. Missed the playoffs the year before, and Brodeur is gettting old..

Yes I know there's Henrique and Larsson, but we've got Granlud and Brodin, and that's for starters...

Right now we have 5 players if I'm correct who are over 30.. That's pretty good.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Jules Winnfield
Kessel is phat

Would the offer even matter? Parise was too busy trying to reach his fiancé named Suter to discuss where he wanted to play.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:22 AM
ewoksonhoth
Most People are DJ's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post

We can argue this back and forth. Devils have a few cups, the last one being almost ten years ago, and the Wild have a ton of depth right now. The Devils won't have the lineup to pull off another significant run in the near future, but the proving is basically is in the Wild's corner. I wouldn't be guaranteeing a cup, but I'd give them a good chance at making a run or two in the near future. Those signings will make things interesting at the very least.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:43 AM
Richie10

What is all this depth talk? The Wild's roster RIGHT NOW is riddled with holes.

Granlund and Brodin? Really? Henrique was a Calder finalist and at least Larsson has played in the NHL, in the playoffs no less.

I'm sick of hearing about all of this amazing depth the Wild have when most of these kids haven't even played in the NHL yet. The fact that some of you can even mention Granlund's name in the same sentence as Henrique is laughable in itself. Henrique has a full season under his belt and was basically the only player, besides Brodeur, who kept the Devils in the finals. Henrique is a fantastic player who has produced at the NHL level. As of right now, Granlund is just another prospect who has yet to prove he has what it takes to succeed in this league. There is simply no comparison.

The Kings had one of the best prospect pools in the league in 2008. Only a handful ended up playing a role in the 2012 Cup win, most of which were depth players (King, Nolan, Voynov, Martinez) and only one of which (Doughty) who played a leading role.

Closed Thread