Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Peter Regin

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2005, 04:47 PM
sensens

vCash: 500
Peter Regin

As an Ottawa Senators fan, I was just wondering if anyone knew of how Peter Regin played for Denmark at the World Junior tournament?

I noticed that he wound up tied for the scoring lead for Denmark, and was 11th overall in scoring in their pool... but I also noted that he was never named as his team's best player in any of the games, and scored only 2 goals.

Anyways, I was just curious if anyone happened to have heard anything about how well he played.

Thanks

Old
01-08-2005, 11:23 AM
Haaland

I don't believe there are any Danes in here... Are there?

Old
01-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
well i'm a Dane

I can't say much about the tournament, but i am from Herning(Regins team) and i can tell you that he is not losing the grib at all..he is really showing up in the latest games, and is ranked #5 on points..

If you want to know more, let me know

Old
01-10-2005, 04:04 PM
sensens

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDane
well i'm a Dane

I can't say much about the tournament, but i am from Herning(Regins team) and i can tell you that he is not losing the grib at all..he is really showing up in the latest games, and is ranked #5 on points..

If you want to know more, let me know
Thanks - and it's nice to see at least one Dane on the board! I would be curious to know a bit more, but I don't want to pry too much.

I guess I'm just wondering because Regin is supposed to be quite a good talent, and I'm always curious about prospects from countries that are developing into more prominent hockey nations. Ottawa seems to be specializing in this regard as of late, with players like Roman Wick (hailed on draft day by some as the best-ever Swiss-born player) and Arpad Mihaly (apparently the only Romanian-born player to play professional hockey in North America).

In terms of specifics, I remember hearing that Regin had good skating abilities and very strong offensive skills, but that he wasn't very comfortable in a physical game and tended to play around the perimeter. I guess I'm wondering if his game is starting to mature at all, and also if there's any chance that he might try a year in North America, either in the CHL or one of the lower professional leagues like the ECHL (this is the route that Arpad Mihaly wound up taking).

Anything you've heard or happen to know would be great - thanks again!

Old
01-12-2005, 02:55 PM
Tobias

well, pleased to answer some of your questions

first of all i want to paste his stats, so you can get an idea of hos the lad is doing. he is currently ranked 4 - after 27 games. He has made 14 goals and 21 assists.
Regin skates very well indeed, he is fast and has good technique. When it comes to this offensive talents i think one of his advatages is that he is on the spot at the right time, and this year he is not only scoring goals, he is scoring the important goals.
But you are right his physical play is not very good. From my point of view he needs to play in a more physical league in the nearest future to get some physics into his play.

Today Peter announced that he would not be playing in the danish league next year, nor the swedish. He does not like swedish hockey, he does not like the system they are playing. His goal is to play in finland or north america, maybe the OHL...

I think this is the right way for Regin, to get some physic and thoughness...

I am really hoping he choses to play in canada, Slava Truhkno is doing great, and Regin is an even bigger talent i think...

Old
01-12-2005, 06:49 PM
sensens

Quote:
Today Peter announced that he would not be playing in the danish league next year, nor the swedish. He does not like swedish hockey, he does not like the system they are playing. His goal is to play in finland or north america, maybe the OHL...
Very interesting. I have to say that I think the OHL (or QMJHL / WHL) would be his best bet for preparing for a North American career, but the Finnish league wouldn't be the worst idea either. I think just the fact that he's identified his weaknesses and is going to try to work on them in a league that's appropriate to do so suggests that he's got the right mindset for taking the next step towards a solid professional career.

Thanks again very much for the information, and I hope he continues to be a player to watch!

Old
01-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Hossa

Quote:
well, pleased to answer some of your questions

first of all i want to paste his stats, so you can get an idea of hos the lad is doing. he is currently ranked 4 - after 27 games. He has made 14 goals and 21 assists.
Regin skates very well indeed, he is fast and has good technique. When it comes to this offensive talents i think one of his advatages is that he is on the spot at the right time, and this year he is not only scoring goals, he is scoring the important goals.
But you are right his physical play is not very good. From my point of view he needs to play in a more physical league in the nearest future to get some physics into his play.

I think this is the right way for Regin, to get some physic and thoughness...

I am really hoping he choses to play in canada, Slava Truhkno is doing great, and Regin is an even bigger talent i think...
He was taken in the Import Draft last year by St. Mike's, so that's where he'd go. Considering how Roman Wick, another Senators prospect, has thrived in the CHL, this would be a good move for Regin.

Old
01-14-2005, 01:26 AM
The Imp

Another Dane checking in, here...

The poster named Roholte is Danish, too. On Regin... I rarely see Herning games these days, but I am convinced that he needs to go somewhere else to widen his skill set.

Old
02-01-2005, 12:03 PM
mattihp

vCash: 50
I don't think his skill would give him a spot on any team in SM-liiga. But mestis wouldn't be too bad an idea. Many Latvian and Estonian players try out there and play pretty good.

Old
02-01-2005, 12:26 PM
linkki

Well, I think Regin is good enough to play in SM-liiga. He seems to be same kind of player (style, upside, potential) like Valtteri Filppula. Filppula played good rookie season when he was nineteen (Regin born -86, Filppula -84).

Is there any rumours about Finnish teams that would like to sign Regin? It would be interesting to see him in Finnish league.

Old
02-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Tobias

I have not heard any rumours about where he is going to play, but if i hear anything, i will let you know!!!

I have good contacts

Closed Thread