HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nsh- Van - Tor

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2012, 01:51 AM
  #26
LeX4cavalier
Registered User
 
LeX4cavalier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAlex916 View Post
Crosby
Malkin
Datsyuk
Giroux
Stamkos
Toews
Tavares
Benn
Spezza
Kopitar
Zetterberg
Getzlaf
Bäckström
H. Sedin
Bergeron
E. Staal
Nugent-Hopkins
M. Koivu
M. Richards
Thornton

There's 20 better centers rightthere.
I hope this isn't in order. Also, a lot of these are arguable.

LeX4cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 01:53 AM
  #27
CRSeven
Ballon d'Or 2013
 
CRSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Country: Mexico
Posts: 3,945
vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeX4cavalier View Post
I hope this isn't in order. Also, a lot of these are arguable.
It's not in order.

CRSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 01:54 AM
  #28
CRSeven
Ballon d'Or 2013
 
CRSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Country: Mexico
Posts: 3,945
vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathfilms View Post
okay now which one is great playing at all expects of the game are they great on the pk, are the great on the pp, are they great 5-5 kesler can be put in all aspects that is why he is a top 15 center because he does not have a weakness he is good at everything
There is a difference between good and average.

He is average at most things.

He is above average defensively.

CRSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:37 AM
  #29
GoodbyeLuongo
Registered User
 
GoodbyeLuongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Kesler isn't going anywhere. And Toronto gets screwed

GoodbyeLuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:47 AM
  #30
ronaldo123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAlex916 View Post
Crosby
Malkin
Datsyuk
Giroux
Stamkos
Toews
Tavares
Benn
Spezza
Kopitar
Zetterberg
Getzlaf
Bäckström
H. Sedin
Bergeron
E. Staal
Nugent-Hopkins
M. Koivu
M. Richards
Thornton

There's 20 better centers right there.
Koivu
RNH

These two are not better than Kesler. RNH needs a couple more good seasons first.

Benn
Bergeron
Staal
Richards
Zetterberg

These guys are all comparable to Kesler.

Kesler is a top 15 center, maybe top 10 but not guaranteed.

ronaldo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:49 AM
  #31
ronaldo123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
Why is Toronto getting screwed? They dump Komisarek who has negative value. Lupul has had one good season in recent years and is still injury prone. It's not bad

ronaldo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:55 AM
  #32
Cu Culann
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAlex916 View Post
There is a difference between good and average.

He is average at most things.

He is above average defensively.
I think he is at least good at most things. Great shot (scores well above average gpg). Very fast, strong on his skates (one of the fastest players in the league). Good hockey sense (plays well in all situations). Above average grit and leadership. The only aspect of his game that could be considered average would be his passing. Oh and above average defensively? Meet Selke trophy winner. I'd say that puts him at safely above average, good even. Average in the NHL is about 2nd/3rd line tweener, I think we should all agree Kesler is a good hockey player.

Cu Culann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:12 AM
  #33
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,172
vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAlex916 View Post


5 years ago, he had a 16 point season.

It's seems to me that you don't have much of a clue about hockey if you're serious.
5 years ago, Stamkos wasn't in the NHL. You can take his argument down in a less lazy way, considering his is pretty weak, yours is just the same.

You gotta consider this from Vancouver perspective, lots of changes, but I have to admit I like it.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:10 AM
  #34
GoodbyeLuongo
Registered User
 
GoodbyeLuongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
Great. Now how about you take off the hater-glasses, stop cherry-picking proposals from people, most of which aren't Leaf fans, and realize that every team has stupid followers and makes retarded proposals.


Luongo is not junk. Luongo with that contract is junk.

Toronto does not want Luongo, and Luongo does not want to go to Toronto.
Have you read anything lately? Thats bs, Luongo will accept a deal that will help the Canucks. He's not a selfish guy, especially if you read what he said about being moved

GoodbyeLuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:12 AM
  #35
jonlin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo123 View Post
Koivu
RNH

These two are not better than Kesler. RNH needs a couple more good seasons first.

Benn
Bergeron
Staal
Richards
Zetterberg

These guys are all comparable to Kesler.

Kesler is a top 15 center, maybe top 10 but not guaranteed.
Koivu IS better than Kesler! Koivu plays PK, PP, hell any situation! Hes played on a ****** Wild, whereas Kesler plays on a contender! Vancouvers D has been superior to Wilds for ages - helps Keslers defensive play a lot!
I`ll bet u 1000$ that Koivu will have much better stats than Kesler in the same amount of games this year when he finally get help!

Still:

Kesler NHL TOTALS 561 153 184 337 45 501 50 9 19 1,282 11.9

Koivu NHL TOTALS 488 108 253 361 24 334 36 9 14 1,204 9.0

As u all c - Koivu has better stats than Kesler alrdy. Playing with guys like Miettinen. I`d like to see Keslers stats on Wild and Koivus with Vancouver...

jonlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:55 AM
  #36
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,084
vCash: 500
Obviously this post comes from a Canuck fan....

You wanna move Luongo? The price is Lombardi and a couple of picks / prospects of the 2nd/Percy/Blacker/Ashton variety. It really is that simple. You could do something involving MacArthur as well, but those are the kinds of players we're talking about.

Toronto isn't going to trade a guy who was a point-per-game player last year, and isn't going to trade their first round pick. They're also not going to view Komisarek as negatively as the consensus on HFboards, because with the loss of Schenn, they actually need him.

And no.... Toronto has absolutely no interest / need for Mason Raymond. They're overloaded with middle-of-the-lineup wingers.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:40 AM
  #37
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,156
vCash: 500
Lupul and a 1st for Luongo?

Thanks for my morning laugh.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:35 AM
  #38
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Lupul and a 1st for Luongo?

Thanks for my morning laugh.
Ya...even i, the ONE Leaf fan who'd like Luongo, wouldn't do that.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:25 AM
  #39
Whydidijoin*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodbyeLuongo View Post
Have you read anything lately? Thats bs, Luongo will accept a deal that will help the Canucks. He's not a selfish guy, especially if you read what he said about being moved
I have seen nothing about Toronto from Luongo since he publicly stated he wouldn't waive his NTC for Toronto.

Regardless of whether Luongo changed his mind, Burke has publicly stated that we will not be giving up significant assets for Luongo. Lupul and our 1st are significant assets.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:41 AM
  #40
Holymakinaw
Registered User
 
Holymakinaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
I have seen nothing about Toronto from Luongo since he publicly stated he wouldn't waive his NTC for Toronto.

Regardless of whether Luongo changed his mind, Burke has publicly stated that we will not be giving up significant assets for Luongo. Lupul and our 1st are significant assets.
LOL. If you have a link that shows Luongo stating this, I'd love to see it.


Holymakinaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:46 AM
  #41
Whydidijoin*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holymakinaw View Post
LOL. If you have a link that shows Luongo stating this, I'd love to see it.

There are other sources that have been populating these forums for a while now.. go check through the Luongo threads. I don't have time to search through like 10 threads for a pretty common knowledge thing, but taken from the thread in the Toronto forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chintu92 View Post
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
Told by very good source #Canucks G Roberto Luongo has - to this point -- declined to waive no-trade clause to go to #Blackhawks or #Leafs.

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
Only place Luongo is willing to be traded, as of today, is back to the Florida #Panthers.

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
Luongo using the power of his no-trade to "steer" a trade to #Panthers as much as possible at this point in off-season.
TSN has also run a few stories on it.

And Burke has stated multiple times that he will not be giving up anything of significance for him, which is what this thread is suggesting.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:47 AM
  #42
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,247
vCash: 500
Komisarek+Jensen cancel each other out.

So Kesler+Edler+late 1st for Weber, Wilson, and Fisher? Not a chance.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:49 AM
  #43
sgupca
Registered User
 
sgupca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAlex916 View Post
Kesler is a top-15 forward?
It's funny, i hate vancouver, and i hate Kesler even more


but he's a top 15 forward (when healthy)

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:57 AM
  #44
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathfilms View Post
To Nashville

Ryan Kesler (top 15 forward)
Alex Elder (top 15 dman)
Van's 1st Rounder
Nicklas Jensen
Mike Komisarek

To Vancouver

Weber
Tor's 1st Rounder
Joffrey Lupul
Mike Fisher
Colin Wilson

To Toronto

Luongo
Mason Raymond

Okay I know this is alot but he is the breakdown.

Toronto trades

Mike Komisarek, 1st Rounder 2013 and Joffrey Lupul

for

Luongo and Mason Raymond

(this is rumored as what van's wants for Luongo and this is what toronto wants from van's)

Vancouver Trades

Ryan Kesler, Alex Elder, Van's 1st Rounder, Nicklas Jensen, Mike Komisarek

To Nashville for

Weber, Mike Fisher, Colin Wilson

Why Nashville does this

they get a great return for weber, they finally get a #1 center in Ryan Kesler + #1 dman in Alex Elder a great replacement for weber + they get a 1st Rounder + Nicklas Jensen + Mike Komisarek for Fisher and Wilson. they add 4.5 million salary to get them to the cap floor so with this trade they add 12.75 million to help them to get to the cap floor and with only losing 4.2 million they add 8.5 million to their cap

why Vancouver does this

one they don't have to deal with Mike Komisarek contract. They get there #1 dman for the next 10-12 years. They get a great #2 center to replace Kesler and they also get a great #3 center in Colin Wilson from the Nashville + they get Lupul from Toronto to complete there top 6. also with them freeing 8.5 million that will be enough cap for them to sign Weber long term.

why Toronto does this

simple they get there #1 goalie for the future + they get Raymond to replace Lupul

I think the value is fair give me your thought?


Mike Fisher will not be leaving Nashville anytime soon especially if we lose Weber. We need someone with star power to sell tickets (admittedly his wife not him), and a player like Kesler is more known for his diving act than play coming here will not do that.

Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:58 AM
  #45
Mr Lahey*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Great North
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAlex916 View Post
Crosby
Malkin
Datsyuk
Giroux
Stamkos
Toews
Tavares
Benn
Spezza
Kopitar
Zetterberg
Getzlaf
Bäckström
H. Sedin
Bergeron
E. Staal
Nugent-Hopkins
M. Koivu
M. Richards
Thornton

There's 20 better centers right there.
Wow, I dislike Vancouver strongly ands even I can only shake my head at some of the names on this list.

Mr Lahey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:01 AM
  #46
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!
 
FishManSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I Bet You Hate T.O
Country: Croatia
Posts: 4,919
vCash: 500
LMFAO Kesler a TOP 15 FORWARD!

He's not even a Top 20 center...

1.Crosby

2.Malkin

3.Stamkos

4.Giroux

5.Datsyuk

6.Toews

7.Kopitar

8.Staal

9.H.Sedin

10.N.Backstrom

11.Tavares

12.Getzlaf

13.Thorton

14.B.Richards

15.M.Richards

16.Spezza

17.M.Koivu

18.Zetterberg

19.Stastny

20.Bergeron

FishManSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:05 AM
  #47
Holymakinaw
Registered User
 
Holymakinaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
There are other sources that have been populating these forums for a while now.. go check through the Luongo threads. I don't have time to search through like 10 threads for a pretty common knowledge thing, but taken from the thread in the Toronto forum:


TSN has also run a few stories on it.

And Burke has stated multiple times that he will not be giving up anything of significance for him, which is what this thread is suggesting.
Luongo NEVER publicly stated any such thing.

Holymakinaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:18 AM
  #48
BergyWho37
Registered User
 
BergyWho37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post


Mike Fisher will not be leaving Nashville anytime soon especially if we lose Weber. We need someone with star power to sell tickets (admittedly his wife not him), and a player like Kesler is more known for his diving act than play coming here will not do that.
Exactly .. Nashville gets ripped WEBER alone almost takes that offer ! then you add Fisher and Wilson... must be a Vancouver fan ... Even Toronto overpays IMO

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:29 AM
  #49
Holymakinaw
Registered User
 
Holymakinaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathfilms View Post
To Nashville

Ryan Kesler (top 15 forward)
Alex Elder (top 15 dman)
Van's 1st Rounder
Nicklas Jensen
Mike Komisarek

To Vancouver

Weber
Tor's 1st Rounder
Joffrey Lupul
Mike Fisher
Colin Wilson

To Toronto

Luongo
Mason Raymond

Okay I know this is alot but he is the breakdown.

Toronto trades

Mike Komisarek, 1st Rounder 2013 and Joffrey Lupul

for

Luongo and Mason Raymond

(this is rumored as what van's wants for Luongo and this is what toronto wants from van's)

Vancouver Trades

Ryan Kesler, Alex Elder, Van's 1st Rounder, Nicklas Jensen, Mike Komisarek

To Nashville for

Weber, Mike Fisher, Colin Wilson

Why Nashville does this

they get a great return for weber, they finally get a #1 center in Ryan Kesler + #1 dman in Alex Elder a great replacement for weber + they get a 1st Rounder + Nicklas Jensen + Mike Komisarek for Fisher and Wilson. they add 4.5 million salary to get them to the cap floor so with this trade they add 12.75 million to help them to get to the cap floor and with only losing 4.2 million they add 8.5 million to their cap

why Vancouver does this

one they don't have to deal with Mike Komisarek contract. They get there #1 dman for the next 10-12 years. They get a great #2 center to replace Kesler and they also get a great #3 center in Colin Wilson from the Nashville + they get Lupul from Toronto to complete there top 6. also with them freeing 8.5 million that will be enough cap for them to sign Weber long term.

why Toronto does this

simple they get there #1 goalie for the future + they get Raymond to replace Lupul

I think the value is fair give me your thought?
Sorry. This is the worst proposal I have ever seen.

Nashville gives up the best D-Man in the game, plus two good Centres, for an OFTEN injured Kesler, Elder, and a bunch of junk(including MAJOR junk in Komi's contract)....

Vancouver gets an absolute TON, and only has to get rid of a horrible Luongo contact, an OFT. injured Kesler, Elder, and not much else.....

Toronto seriously overpays for Luongo's horrible contract and a throw in.

Holymakinaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:31 AM
  #50
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAlex916 View Post
Well, Toronto thinks they can get good players for junk.
Welp, since we're all hypocrites, I guess now we're just compelled to trade our next 5 firsts for Rick DiPietro.

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.