HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 3.0

View Poll Results: 3rd ov. + (Tinordi or Beaulieu) for 1st ov?
NO 161 85.64%
YES (trade Tinordi) 7 3.72%
YES (trade Beaulieu) 20 10.64%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 3.0

Continue discussions here.

Old
05-21-2012, 05:15 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean
So if all they wanted was the 3rd overall and a 7th rounder, you wouldn't do it?
Nope.

Old
05-22-2012, 01:25 AM
24rings

Just saw Jocelyn Lemieux on rds saying he thinks montreal should trade our 1st rounder for a vet. Not sure how i feel about that... haven't really given it much thought but here goes nothing lol

Would u flip the 3rd for Nash and the 31st ?

Clb could pick up Gal and Yak considering they work something out with Edm and we have the another asset if we wanna move back up to the 1st. Maybe we'd have to throw in a prospect or a later pick or a Rene Bourque lol. Does this sound possible or am i way off?

Old
05-22-2012, 01:35 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24rings View Post
Just saw Jocelyn Lemieux on rds saying he thinks montreal should trade our 1st rounder for a vet. Not sure how i feel about that... haven't really given it much thought but here goes nothing lol

Clb could pick up Gal and Yak considering they work something out with Edm and we have the another asset if we wanna move back up to the 1st. Maybe we'd have to throw in a prospect or a later pick or a Rene Bourque lol. Does this sound possible or am i way off?
Well that's the million dollar question isn't it?What direction are the Habs going to go assemble a team that contends in the "Elite Circle of Teams"or keep trading away their future for glory next season?I'm for keeping our future unless the deal is "Too Good to be true"

Old
05-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Habitant le colon

Sign one of Stoll or Hecht as second line center to a 4.250 deal 3 years
Sign Konopka to a 3 years deal (0.850) as 4th line center
--------------------------------------
Draft : Alexander Galchenyuk and Teuvo Teravainen
Trade

MTL
* Plekanec, Pateryn and Mtl 2nd round pick 2013

VS

ANA
- Cogliano, Lydman and Ana 1st round pick 2012 (#6 overall)

Trade

MTL
Eller and Bourque

VS

CBJ
Brassard and 4th round pick 2012

Trade

Chicago :

Alexander Salak (http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect/Alexander_Salak)
David Gilbert (http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/david_gilbert)

Montréal

Petr Budaj
Yannick Weber

Fowards (13) : 27.520
Cole Desharnais Pacioretty
[4.500] [0.850] [1.625] : 6.975
Brassard Stoll/Hecht Gionta
[3.200] [4.250] [5.000] : 12.450
Cogliano Leblanc Moen
[2.390][1.170][1.850] : 5.410
Staubitz Konopka White
[0.600] [0.850] [0.625] : 2.685
Blunden
[0.610]
D-Man : (8) :23.625
Markov Lydman
[5.750] [3.000] : 8.750
Subban Gorges
[3.500] [3.900] : 7.400
Emelin Kaberle
[1.350] [4.250] : 5.600
St-Denis Diaz
[0.625] [1.250] : 1.875

Goalie : (2) : 6.863

Price
[6.250]
Salak
[0.613]
Team : 58.008 / 69.000 to 72.000

Old
05-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:

Not a chance. Have you seen Nash's deal? That contract has major albatross potential within the next 3 years. And he's just not that great, or else CBJ wouldn't be awful every year with him as their headliner.

Nash won't waive his NMC to come here anyway, so it's moot.

And any former player/former coach in the media who suggests we should trade the pick for a ''vet'' should be completely ignored. They have never had to look 3+ years down the road their entire career like a GM has to, they were always using short term thinking. Ex-players like Jocelyn Lemieux probably thought the Gomez trade was a good idea ''because he's a vet''.

Old
05-22-2012, 10:53 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:

I don't mind the Habs moving the #3 pick but Rick Nash isn't one of the players I would move the pick for

Old
05-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

I've already proved people wrong. Rangers offered a whole bunch and Columbus wanted more.

Nash is overrated as hell, too.

Old
05-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I've already proved people wrong. Rangers offered a whole bunch and Columbus wanted more.

Nash is overrated as hell, too.
They tried to fish the Rangers in cause of the deadline IMO and the pressure that was on the Rags to make a big move since most saw them coming out of the East. It would have been a horrible move by the Rags and I honestly think if they try to get him this summer it would cost a lot less

Old
05-22-2012, 11:47 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Nope.
You make zero sense.

Old
05-22-2012, 11:55 AM
MarkovsKnee

Two players Habs should target off New Jersey's roster are Zubrus & Salvador. With New Jersey's financial woes, I can see them having to move some assets especially if they want to keep Parise. Zubrus only has one year left on his contract at $3.4m, which is a quality cap hit for a solid player.

He'd add even more size to our wings and quality forechecking with some skill. He's turned out to be a 15-20 goal guy but it's still something that we need. A Moen-Eller-Zubrus line would be one hell of a 3rd line shut down forechecking unit.

Salvador I can see going to free agency. He'll probably want what Hamerlik got 2 years @ $3,5m. We really need a player like him though. I think he'd be a good partner for Subban allowing Gorges to move to a partnership with Markov or Emelin.

Salvador - Subban, Markov-Gorges, Emelin-Diaz,

or

Salvador-Subban, Markov-UFA, Emelin-Gorges

I'm hoping Bergevin makes a couple of deals at the draft to add some depth to our line-up.

Old
05-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
You make zero sense.
That's your opinion but I don't share it.

Old
05-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Bieber fever

so what do you need to add to our 1st to get Evander kane ?

Old
05-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Saopolo123

How I see next season :

2012-2013

MTL trades : Tomas Plekanec, Yannick Weber and 2012 1st round pick (3)
PHX trades : Olivier Ekman Larsson, Antoine Vermette and 2012 first round pick (28)

MTL sign Shane Doan to 3 years/12 M
MTL sign Damian Brunner to 1 years/1M
MTL sing Zenon Konopa to 1 years/1.5M

Draft :
1st - Nicolas Kerdiles
2nd - Boo Nieves
2nd - Brady Vail
3nd - Calle Andersson
4nd - Dillon Fournier

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Doan - Vermette - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Brunner
Moen - Konopka - White

Gorges - Subban
Ek.Larsson - Emilin
Tinordi - Kaberle
Diaz

Price
Budaj

Gomexx out

Last edited by Saopolo123: 05-22-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old
05-22-2012, 11:22 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
Don't think this team should make the Jets a favor like that. They seem to be the ones with a problem after all not the habs. So no 1st, they want to get rid of a roster player they should take one back first.

Old
05-23-2012, 01:52 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Kane is definitely worth the 3rd overall and would look great on a line with Plekanec and Gionta.Leaving the Eller line with Bourque and Gallagher or Leblanc.

Old
05-23-2012, 08:40 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Too much to make it worthwhile. I'd love to have Kane, but not at the cost of our pick and then Subban or Pacioretty or even Eller if it was "the usual suspects" list that Winnipeg would likely start quoting from.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:55 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Too much to make it worthwhile. I'd love to have Kane, but not at the cost of our pick and then Subban or Pacioretty or even Eller if it was "the usual suspects" list that Winnipeg would likely start quoting from.
Any trade would be just the 3rd pick nothing more than that for Kane.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Same here but I'd put an offer in (3rd overall) and let the Jets decide.

They're also team that needs high end talent and not so-so players, so a 3rd overall pick would be worth more than a 3 dimes for a quarter type of trade. The only trade that I've seen proposed for him that I like more for the Jets is the Staal - Kane trade proposal.

Old
05-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Ubercron9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
Two players Habs should target off New Jersey's roster are Zubrus & Salvador. With New Jersey's financial woes, I can see them having to move some assets especially if they want to keep Parise. Zubrus only has one year left on his contract at $3.4m, which is a quality cap hit for a solid player.

He'd add even more size to our wings and quality forechecking with some skill. He's turned out to be a 15-20 goal guy but it's still something that we need. A Moen-Eller-Zubrus line would be one hell of a 3rd line shut down forechecking unit.

Salvador I can see going to free agency. He'll probably want what Hamerlik got 2 years @ $3,5m. We really need a player like him though. I think he'd be a good partner for Subban allowing Gorges to move to a partnership with Markov or Emelin.

Salvador - Subban, Markov-Gorges, Emelin-Diaz,

or

Salvador-Subban, Markov-UFA, Emelin-Gorges

I'm hoping Bergevin makes a couple of deals at the draft to add some depth to our line-up.
I like this move a lot. It is simple and can help us out. What we need is a solid winger and a defenseman. I`m not sure we can land these players but its a good start and possible finish. From what I gather from this year is we need a solid 2nd line and a defenseman. Salvador would help us and if its for 2 years thats great. I believe that our 3 main defensive propects atleast one of them should be ready before or after those 2 years.

Old
05-23-2012, 12:37 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

4.25 for Stoll?

Good lord, glad you're not the GM

Old
05-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Any trade would be just the 3rd pick nothing more than that for Kane.
Well, there wouldn't be a trade, then, so that makes no sense either. Better to say there wouldn't be a trade... Jets would need much more, Habs would be dumb to give up what the Jets would need. Soooo... like I said, it would be nice to have Kane, but there's no sensible way to make it happen...

Old
05-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Bryce Salvador contributed an assist in Wednesday's win to draw him even with New York's Daniel Girardi for the most points among all defensemen in the NHL playoffs.
Both players have recorded three goals and eight assists for 11 points, but Girardi has accomplished that total in 19 games while Salvador has done it in 17. Salavador is also tied with Los Angeles rearguard Drew Doughty for the best plus-minus rating among the defenders in the postseason with a plus-10. The 36-year-old veteran has really stepped up this spring and his offense has been a welcome addition to the team's offensive attack.

Old
05-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Yeah, some of us had suggested Salvador as an option for that stabilizing depth signing on D, either assuming we couldn't land a higher profile guy, or even in addition to getting a higher profile guy. But now his profile is getting higher too. I can't believe his offensive production is really sustainable. But his pricetag must be going up all the same. And the likelihood he stays in NJ must be going up too... ?

Old
05-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Yeah, some of us had suggested Salvador as an option for that stabilizing depth signing on D, either assuming we couldn't land a higher profile guy, or even in addition to getting a higher profile guy. But now his profile is getting higher too. I can't believe his offensive production is really sustainable. But his pricetag must be going up all the same. And the likelihood he stays in NJ must be going up too... ?
I have a hard time believing NJ can go on without either letting some big contracts go or letting big guns walk. The team is bankrupt and Kovalchuk's salary goes from 6 to 11 mil.

They have 29+ mil committed to only 8 forwards and 15.5 to 5 d-men. By re-signing Brodeur to 5-6 mil, they are already at 50 mil. While having to add a back up goalie, 2 d-men and 5 forwards.

I wouldn't be surprised if they let Parise and salvador walk PLUS dumped somebody like Zubrus.

Closed Thread