HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

What do the Blues needs?

Old
07-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Hotlanta

vCash: 500
What do the Blues needs?

Hey Blues fans,

Just wondering what your teams weaknesses are and where you are looking to improve. I see a lot of ridiculous trades on the main board where teams are trying to poach your top centres, wingers, defenseman, and goalies and the consensus always seems that the players that would be coming your way do not fill a need. I'm a Leafs fan so obviously we have some huge holes in our lineup but for you guys is it just patience and learning curves at this point?

Hotlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:25 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Top pairing defenseman. Preferably to play the left side, but Pietrangelo can play the left, so just a top pairing caliber on either side would work.

Center. Some think we should only try and go after someone who can be a 1st line center, some think we should focus on getting a 3rd line center. This is less of a need, and probably just more of an area we could upgrade instead of actively pursue.

I can't see us moving many assets of significance. I think D'Agostini, picks, and prospects not named Tarasenko or Schwartz would be in play. It would take something of significance to move Rattie or Allen. I doubt Cole gets moved, unless we get a youngish top pairing defenseman.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:07 PM
stlweir

Good analysis Bleed. Spot on. The Blues weakness has been not scoring enogh goals. A more effective PP could take care of that. Tarasenko should help the offense and possibly Schwartz as well. Stewart appeared to think way too much instead of react. That may be because he was adjusting to Hitch's defensive system. In a perfect world Blues fans would love a stud LD to play with Pie and a skilled center. On a seperate note I love team tougfhness. Can only hope players like Edmundson and Beach develope.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:30 AM
BleedinBlueSince1972
More Cowbell!!!

vCash: 1010
Yes a Left Defenseman is at the top of the Blues wish list, however GM Armstrong right now would rather trade high draft picks rather then a core player(s)

btw, do you miss the Thrashers down there in Hotlanta?

BleedinBlueSince1972 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Hotlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue1967 View Post
Yes a Left Defenseman is at the top of the Blues wish list, however GM Armstrong right now would rather trade high draft picks rather then a core player(s)

btw, do you miss the Thrashers down there in Hotlanta?
I do, I can no longer cheer for them as they are a rival team just next store now.

Hotlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 03:23 AM
BleedinBlueSince1972
More Cowbell!!!

vCash: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta View Post
I do, I can no longer cheer for them as they are a rival team just next store now.
The Owners of the Thrashers were terrible. Hockey can thrive in the sun belt as Nashville and Carolina have proved but it all starts from the ownership down.

BleedinBlueSince1972 is online now   Reply With Quote